Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Job Or Skill - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Or Skill (16541 Views)

What JOB Or SKILL Do You Think Will Be In High Demand In 10 Or 20 Years? / "N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) / Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Or Skill by Burgerlomo: 9:41pm On Jun 06, 2021
Leaving your current job without no source of income to support yourself while learning a skill trade is a very big mistake which can only happen when village people are using unlimited data to browse and monitoring your situation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Or Skill by 1Alex: 9:41pm On Jun 06, 2021
doris4u:
Hi guys, I have been thinking of leaving my present job to learning a skill and seeing how I will try to establish myself.
Is it wise to leave a job and learn a skill at the present state of Nigeria.
Note : The salary of my present job is quite small . Pls I need advice on what to do.
No. Don't leave your job. Start learning that skill as you work. Then leave the job when the learnt skill can sustain you.

1 Like

Re: Job Or Skill by deavicky(m): 9:42pm On Jun 06, 2021
doris4u:

Fashion designer, the problem is that it has to be everyday training so therefore am planning to leave the meagre salary job.
my friend go and look for where u will be going on weekends. Tailoring is very easy to learn.

2 Likes

Re: Job Or Skill by EtherconnectNG(f): 9:42pm On Jun 06, 2021
Quit that God forsaken job and learn a skill, you are working to survive when you should be working for satisfaction and good living.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Or Skill by samwillyco1(m): 9:44pm On Jun 06, 2021
How much is your salary and how do you intend to cop without your salary

1 Like

Re: Job Or Skill by osazsky(m): 9:44pm On Jun 06, 2021
1Alex:
No. Don't leave your job. Start learning that skill as you work. Then leave the job when the learnt skill can sustain you.
u can't have a job and at the same time learn fashion except na govt work..no boss will tolerate her if she does too tasking
Re: Job Or Skill by LightUpWithKemi: 9:46pm On Jun 06, 2021
Pls do both.
Re: Job Or Skill by osazsky(m): 9:47pm On Jun 06, 2021
EtherconnectNG:
Quit that God forsaken job and learn a skill, you are working to survive when you should be working for satisfaction and good living.
the question should be how much has she saved u dont just quit..who pays for her t fair.foot her bills..feeding clothing gas etc leaving in nigeria is already a job
Re: Job Or Skill by Trustedpronet: 9:52pm On Jun 06, 2021
Learn the job but don't quit the job. Quit if Buhari did not come back in 2023 or if Nigeria situation did not get into a full blown war before 2023. Buy forex and keep in case you relocate to Togo. Not joking
Re: Job Or Skill by richmanrichard: 9:55pm On Jun 06, 2021
sapphiere:
Can you do both? If you can't, leave the job and learn a trade so far you have what to sustain you while being an apprentice.
he wud still need money to start after learning a trade.He shud learn a skill.he can easily raise money after learning a skill

1 Like

Re: Job Or Skill by Karleb(m): 9:58pm On Jun 06, 2021
SageX1444:
I'm just concerned that what if this job is her only source of survival. Even if she's serious at a point, bills and hunger will set in then she'll have no other option than to quit the skill acquisition and find a way to fix herself then she has obviously lost from both sides.

That is where the risk comes in.

The fact that she's considering learning fashion design shows that is no growth in her current career path. It not going to be easy but at last, the end will justify the means. She can always find a support system for that one year.

Stay with her parent, siblings, relatives or friends, squat with her boyfriend etc.

3 Likes

Re: Job Or Skill by Jocknom(m): 9:59pm On Jun 06, 2021
Please leave the Job and learn the skill.

You need to sacrifice your Job now to learn a skill. I did same thing my salary was even bigger then it was 93k monthly. I quit it without any big saving because was not having upto 50k in my account I started running Facebook ads selfthought and then I started selling my own product small small before corona enter everything crash I started learning Forex trading last year I'm still in the learning process though, but at least I'm sure of making 15,000. Weekly from the skill I now have which by God grace very soon everywhere will be fine. Think am Sha

3 Likes

Re: Job Or Skill by tosyne2much(m): 10:00pm On Jun 06, 2021
adewumiopeyemi:
Since is a fashion you want to learn why cant you make it wekend activity
Baba cheesy
Re: Job Or Skill by Easyincome24: 10:00pm On Jun 06, 2021
OP, you finally make the front page with topic on Job and Vacancies thread.

You have been known for topics under romance as I can see you have relationship challenges for awhile.

Back to your question, skill is good, at the same time, you will need finance to stay up through the duration of your apprenticeship.

If you have a good sponsor, you may leave your salary job to focus on learning fashion designing. If otherwise, it's not a good idea.

You can pursue both and save up. If you also have a good CV , you may seek a new job that could fetch more money and give you time off to learn a skill.

Rather than quitting your job, you could also apply as a sales rep in a fashion store or boutique where they also perform sewing. With that, you will acquire 2-in-1. Learning and also earning.

1 Like

Re: Job Or Skill by stanley000: 10:00pm On Jun 06, 2021
mikoy1:
Learn phone repair and phone parts and thank me later. It's highly lucrative as everybody is using phone. grin
not so true. Phones are becoming very reliable like automatic car engines. Before you have alot of things to repair in a phone but now how many phones now have fault like mouthpiece,earpiece,flex, etc. the whites are not sleeping, now its very easy to detect car faults unless the car is very old. Even that fashion design is too saturated mhen, I would advise she learns something that requires a computer and she can execute form 0 to 100 on her own.
In this present country the worse situation is to work for someone and at month end no salary. She should risk it now quit that nonsense job and learn, not when she's 30 or above she starts regretting.

2 Likes

Re: Job Or Skill by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 06, 2021
doris4u:

Fashion designer, the problem is that it has to be everyday training so therefore am planning to leave the meagre salary job.

Start learning online. Start getting money from the trade until you replace your current salary. You have said the salary is small but without it how are you covering living expenses?
Re: Job Or Skill by richmanrichard: 10:02pm On Jun 06, 2021
By all means get a skill. if you can combine d both fine but if not; quit d job n learn a skill. i dnt subscribe to you learning only on weekends because it wud waste more of your time unless you stay alone.

1 Like

Re: Job Or Skill by Chuksmonika(m): 10:06pm On Jun 06, 2021
doris4u:

if that is your passion, then go for it!... I always advise people to learn digital skills, like video editing, web design/development, email marketing, e.t.c.

Believe me, you will make a whole lot of money with these skills online, places like Upwork... And the good thing is that you earn in United States dollars in the comfort of your room. It's quite possible to make at least $500 a month, convert that to Nigerian Naira and you will understand what I'm talking about.

3 Likes

Re: Job Or Skill by malaria(f): 10:10pm On Jun 06, 2021
adewumiopeyemi:
Since is a fashion you want to learn why cant you make it wekend activity
.my dear sewing needs full time and attention. She needs the whole concentration especially as a beginner. If she can switch shifts is ok. Work at night and go for skill acquisition in the morning.

1 Like

Re: Job Or Skill by GreaterGraceGG(f): 10:11pm On Jun 06, 2021
Go for your training during the weekend, don't quit your job yet, you will need money to set up yourself and those you are working with might be the one to make you known, as per customer referral
Re: Job Or Skill by Goldbw122(m): 10:12pm On Jun 06, 2021
Different advice well follow your heart that is what I will advise..
Re: Job Or Skill by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 06, 2021
doris4u:
Hi guys, I have been thinking of leaving my present job to learning a skill and seeing how I will try to establish myself.
Note : The salary of my present job is quite small . Pls I need advice on what to do.
leave ur job come to my room nd live with i will be providing ur foods while u go to the shop nd learn fashion design
Re: Job Or Skill by malaria(f): 10:21pm On Jun 06, 2021
Dear poster I know how it feels,my candid advice to you is not to quit your job instantly. Find another source of income no matter how small even if is part time job . Sewing class is like a school you will need finance to do many things . It is time consuming too. Both in all things never you quench your thirst for your skill acquisition so you dont have regrets tomorrow . The economy is very hard so be guided .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Job Or Skill by DollarBuddy: 10:32pm On Jun 06, 2021
zxxtx:
My own priority is leave this God forsaken country, you finish school work no dey, make I learn skill finish make Bandits we FG dey pamper come kidnap me and my skill.

Lol.... Sad but true.
Re: Job Or Skill by kumulus(m): 10:34pm On Jun 06, 2021
If you'll learn a skill, learn something that you can get gigs on and deliver remotely (online). Fashion design is a good niche but I feel over the past couple years it's becoming well saturated, and if you're to put the economic conditions into perspective, you'll agree in the near term most Nigerians will be less bothered about cloths and fashion. The nation is plunging very fast into a State whose masses just want to survive first, people will most likely want food for their stomachs before even thinking about garments for their back. Learn an online skill, if you will.

2 Likes

Re: Job Or Skill by Yusufisraelj(m): 10:53pm On Jun 06, 2021
doris4u:

1. If you leave your job, can you survive six month without any pay?

2. Learning a skill is different from earning from that skill, there would be a lag time, how do you survive the learning, buying of machines, pursuing for customers and securing deals phase?

princeade86:
U can learn with leaving ur current job

Answer this question sincerely OP.

EtherconnectNG:

Madam faith is not blind, but must be executed diligently from revelation or instructions. This lady is obviously confuse and unhappy with her state.

1. She should ask herself, why is her pay small, it's either connected with the value she's offering or she's working in a place where that value cannot be recognized and rewarded enough.

2. There's no issue pursuing a high earning skill but can she survive that phaze?

1 Like

Re: Job Or Skill by NaijaCover(m): 11:00pm On Jun 06, 2021
Start Blogging Business
Re: Job Or Skill by Connected1: 11:14pm On Jun 06, 2021
Jocknom:
Please leave the Job and learn the skill.

You need to sacrifice your Job now to learn a skill. I did same thing my salary was even bigger then it was 93k monthly. I quit it without any big saving because was not having upto 50k in my account I started running Facebook ads selfthought and then I started selling my own product small small before corona enter everything crash I started learning Forex trading last year I'm still in the learning process though, but at least I'm sure of making 15,000. Weekly from the skill I now have which by God grace very soon everywhere will be fine. Think am Sha
Baba
I am here oh.
Let me write you.
I want to learn forex from you.
Re: Job Or Skill by Connected1: 11:17pm On Jun 06, 2021
Speaktruth88:

Start learning online. Start getting money from the trade until you replace your current salary. You have said the salary is small but without it how are you covering living expenses?
what trade?
Re: Job Or Skill by Connected1: 11:19pm On Jun 06, 2021
post=102453231:
Start Blogging Business
how?
Re: Job Or Skill by Hassanmaye(m): 12:16am On Jun 07, 2021
Bouz:
You need the two under this devilish Apc govt. cry
haha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Npower: What To Do If Your Status Shows Paid But No Alert Received / Advice: Should She Risk It Or Leave It / Why Was I Not Picked For This Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.