Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,053 members, 7,956,933 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:56 PM

Job Or Skill - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Or Skill (16740 Views)

Should I Go For This 100k Job Or 180k Job? / What JOB Or SKILL Do You Think Will Be In High Demand In 10 Or 20 Years? / "N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Or Skill by Hassanmaye(m): 12:20am On Jun 07, 2021
Burgerlomo:
Leaving your current job without no source of income to support yourself while learning a skill trade is a very big mistake which can only happen when village people are using unlimited data to browse and monitoring your situation.
Hahahahahauaha

1 Like

Re: Job Or Skill by Uniique(m): 1:04am On Jun 07, 2021
Dotty?
Re: Job Or Skill by Nobody: 1:09am On Jun 07, 2021
doris4u:
Hi guys, I have been thinking of leaving my present job to learning a skill and seeing how I will try to establish myself.
Is it wise to leave a job and learn a skill at the present state of Nigeria.
Note : The salary of my present job is quite small . Pls I need advice on what to do.

Let me use myself as an example.

I worked in this toxic, eye-service company for 4 years plus though I loved my job and I was really good at it.

I just couldn't take the tribalism any longer so I learnt a skill on how to invest in cryptocurrency two years later I made my yearly salary 5x in less than 6 months.

So guess what I don't work there anymore.

1 Like

Re: Job Or Skill by Nobody: 4:55am On Jun 07, 2021
doris4u:
Hi guys, I have been thinking of leaving my present job to learning a skill and seeing how I will try to establish myself.
Note : The salary of my present job is quite small . Pls I need advice on what to do.

Learn a skill and then leave your job.

1 Like

Re: Job Or Skill by baaliyah(m): 4:56am On Jun 07, 2021
Onyi22:
Make I advice you, go apply for teaching work, from then you go dy go learn your work immediately after school..
On Saturdays, you go go in the morning n when school dy on holidays too
Try as much as possible to get sowing machine for house before you quite your current job, it will make you lean faster.
Life as an apprentice is not easy ooo especially if you don't have any one to support you with pocket money

Take this advice. I was in your shoes seven years ago, the best decision I ever took in my life is to learn tailoring. I resigned completely. I bought a sewing machine with my savings. You may not be able to combine another job with tailoring, it's a full time job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Job Or Skill by ford101: 5:17am On Jun 07, 2021
Chuksmonika:
if that is your passion, then go for it!... I always advise people to learn digital skills, like video editing, web design/development, email marketing, e.t.c.

Believe me, you will make a whole lot of money with these skills online, places like Upwork... And the good thing is that you earn in United States dollars in the comfort of your room. It's quite possible to make at least $500 a month, convert that to Nigerian Naira and you will understand what I'm talking about.
what about graphics design?
Re: Job Or Skill by ManOfCompetence(m): 5:37am On Jun 07, 2021
stanley000:
not so true. Phones are becoming very reliable like automatic car engines. Before you have alot of things to repair in a phone but now how many phones now have fault like mouthpiece,earpiece,flex, etc. the whites are not sleeping, now its very easy to detect car faults unless the car is very old. Even that fashion design is too saturated mhen, I would advise she learns something that requires a computer and she can execute form 0 to 100 on her own.
In this present country the worse situation is to work for someone and at month end no salary. She should risk it now quit that nonsense job and learn, not when she's 30 or above she starts regretting.
What are your thoughts on graphics designing ?? Is it saturated too??
Re: Job Or Skill by Gandokii(m): 5:56am On Jun 07, 2021
A very good one...I am also a fashion designer and gainfully employed in a private firm. U won't regret it. I will advice u to stay on the job, learn during weekends and plan on getting a machine. As the machine will help u learn faster. As time goes on, u can leave the job if u wish and concentrate on the skill. Belief me in 8months to 1yr, you are good to go depending on ur ability and zeal. If u re into male clothes making and knows how to make trousers alone. Big tailors will be begging for ur services especially during the season, u can even go and collect jobs and do them at home hence u have ur own machine, from their u will learn more and make ur personal customer. Before u know it, you don start ur own bizness full time. That's how I started after NYSC as I no dull....Goodluck in which ever one u decide.

2 Likes

Re: Job Or Skill by fyneboi79(m): 7:16am On Jun 07, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Learn a skill while you still have a job.
job that leads nowhere!!
Re: Job Or Skill by Chuksmonika(m): 7:31am On Jun 07, 2021
ford101:
money dey that one too. I will advise you to register on Upwork if you want to become a freelancer. Upwork got better-paying client than fiveer
Re: Job Or Skill by Jennycoolz(f): 7:44am On Jun 07, 2021
Forget about your job, forget about skill,

Please leave Nigeria asap

1 Like

Re: Job Or Skill by pawsofdikeje(m): 8:19am On Jun 07, 2021
This world is full of endless possibilities. Their are different things you can engage yourself in while working at your present place of work.

Myself as an example, I am

1. A Quantity surveyor,
2. Dog breeder,
3. Dog food supplier and presently, I just got myself engaged as an
4. Affiliate marketer.

All of this things is just to survive the hardship in our present economy. Being a full time entrepreneur is hard ooh, don't mind them motivational speakers out there.

If you are single, think well but if you are a family man, Think quadruple ooh.

o8otu394o369

doris4u:
Re: Job Or Skill by doublecross(m): 8:41am On Jun 07, 2021
MykLANNY:
Acquiring a new skill set is great, but more important than this, is acquiring the right mindset. For your mindset is the lens through which you see the world.
Skill acquisition with the mentality of an employee is simply empowerment for servitude. So the desire to go for a skill is a step in the right direction but please development your mind too because mind development is more profitable than skill acquisition.
na them oooo.. the motivational speakers are here again! Follow this one and you are going to drown! My guy... Hold your job well oooo. If you want skill, i can teach you how yo do leg over since you don't want to have sense. Fashion designing, barbing, carpentry, mechanic, e t.c don't pay any more oooo. You better get sense. My advice for you is that if you are not too satisfied with your job, you can save to set up a side hustle... Like a poultry or bakery...
Re: Job Or Skill by Microwhy: 8:43am On Jun 07, 2021
doris4u:

Fashion designer, the problem is that it has to be everyday training so therefore am planning to leave the meagre salary job.
Don't leave your job to learn fashion designing...
Get youtube videos and watch, buy cheap yard and practice and anywhere you're stock, talk to a fashion designer to teach you. Some ask for token while some will be very glad to show you how to cut that particular thing you're finding difficult.
My wife work, but the other day, she paid a fashion designer who teach her how to cut and sew breast pad for women.
So any part you're finding difficult, you can pay and learn it.
Professional tailors still pay themselves to learn new thing.
Re: Job Or Skill by shegzy1988(m): 8:59am On Jun 07, 2021
but as for business matters I do window blinds am@ile ife osun state
wooden blinds 14000 per square metre
day and night 8500
aluminum 6000
watzap:0.8.1.4.5.3.1.2.8.0.6
Re: Job Or Skill by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 07, 2021
Connected1:
what trade?

Didn’t you say you want to be a fashion designer? There are people doing those trainings online. Unless you have another means of income make sure you have replaced your salary before leaving
Re: Job Or Skill by Olibboy: 12:21pm On Jun 07, 2021
doris4u:
if you have savings you can leave your job to learn a skill. Hunger is real outside o
Re: Job Or Skill by NaijaCover(m): 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2021
Connected1:
how?

Chat With on whatsapp chat with 08103739506
Re: Job Or Skill by stanley000: 2:17pm On Jun 07, 2021
ManOfCompetence:

What are your thoughts on graphics designing ?? Is it saturated too??
better than tailoring if u ask me. With this all u need is your laptop. U can watch YouTube videos to learn faster too. Best part lf this is u can find alot of clients online and earn decently. My guys who are graphic designers are all big boy infact i did a architectural design for one not up to 3months ago and he's already on the first floor of the building.

You can add other skills like web designs, etc to it and u will be swimming in millions. Anything that will make you work under someone try to advoid it especially now the country has crashed. Most employers are now 419, month end they won't pay u.

2 Likes

Re: Job Or Skill by DeeNdidi: 2:50pm On Jun 07, 2021
Ask yourself...

Could you operate large machinery?
Can you work as part of a team on a busy job site?
Do you have good communication skills?
Can you listen and follow instructions?
Do you have good judgement?

If the answer to these questions is yes, then a career as a Heavy Equipment Operator could be right for you.

Heavy Equipment Operators operate heavy equipment used in the construction and maintenance of roads,bridges,airport and so on, without these operators, most roads and bridges would not exist.

Skilled heavy equipment operators are valuable resources, not just because machines like mobile crane, forklift and reachstackers cant operate themselves but also because operators who are good at their jobs tend to be more productive; they even use less fuel compared with less-skilled counterparts.

Operators can learn via on-the-job training, but more often, companies today prefer to hire an operator who has had some training, or a trade school or industry training program like equilog Training Institute.

Become a Global certified heavy machinery operator between 4-8 weeks and earn in an in-demand career today, Dubai, Poland, Canada and many more.

Benefits of Attending Heavy Equipment Training with equilog Technical services.

What will you get after your training?

1. A global recognized certificate that can be used in any part of the world to secure a job.
2. Letter of recommendation for industrial training after your training with us.
3. Professionally detailed CV with reference and work experience
4. Job assistance

Registration is on- going, visit us at our office: Royal Building Office (4th floor) KM 25 Lekki Epe Express way Opposite Fidelity Bank Ajah Lagos Nigeria.

Check us on Facebook for more information(url) https://web.facebook.com/equilogng(/url)
Call or WhatsApp equilog on 08108547055 for more information and we will be glad to assist you. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Or Skill by beyondPen(m): 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2021
Don't leave your current job now.
You can do the two. Though fashion designing needs time and patience and your concentration,
but if you have any time away from work go learn it; maybe weekends, breaks, holidays.
As time goes on you will gradually leave the work and go full time into fashion designing.

Your story is like mine.
I am into software designing and development stuffs but the field is now saturated (though that's what i think, i might not no much) but i am currently learning computer repairs as well as computer related things every weekends, holidays and breaks.

Just last week, i revolted my decision to resign from my job because i gave it a vivid thought on how i could get money to do other stuffs and meet my small needs.

Just follow your instincts. It can never lead you wrong. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Job Or Skill by beyondPen(m): 5:23pm On Jun 07, 2021
ford101:

Also saturated. Almost all profession is saturated in Nigeria but if no how to sell your craft and package yourself, you go blow.

You can use the social medias especially youtube. Make graphic design courses on youtube, you will get followers with time and dedication. When you do, take them to upwork and do business with them.

With time you will get clients both home and abroad.

My inputs.
Re: Job Or Skill by Exodora: 5:42pm On Jun 07, 2021
Kingk47:
When I graduated, my first job was a meagre salary after I comot transport and chop money nothing remain. I learnt a skill, now na me dey pay myself.
What skill did you learn . Personally am looking into photography how did you see it , I haven't done anything similar to this since I can't come out of anything I think I will just give this one a shot.
Re: Job Or Skill by MykLANNY(m): 8:41pm On Jun 07, 2021
I am not surprised at your comments. Evidently you didn't read the OPs thread, you were just crazy about making a comment.
doublecross:
na them oooo.. the motivational speakers are here again! Follow this one and you are going to drown! My guy... Hold your job well oooo. If you want skill, i can teach you how yo do leg over since you don't want to have sense. Fashion designing, barbing, carpentry, mechanic, e t.c don't pay any more oooo. You better get sense. My advice for you is that if you are not too satisfied with your job, you can save to set up a side hustle... Like a poultry or bakery...
Re: Job Or Skill by LiteraryArtist: 10:12pm On Jun 07, 2021
Discover how to enhance your Customer Service Skills and Deliver "Excellent Service". Gain Skills to Build a World Class Customer Experience.

A 3 day training via whatsapp @5000 naira per person:
1. Pre-Test
2. Training
3. Post Test
4. Certificate of Participation

What you will learn?
1. What is customer service?
2. How to Engage Your Customer
3. How to Interact with Your Customer
4. How to Impress Your Customers
5. Key element sof Customer service
6. Dealing with different types of customers
Re: Job Or Skill by DisuIbrahim(m): 12:13am On Jun 08, 2021
doris4u:
well you can keep your job and learn a skill that really pays + doing it at your own comfort
skill you can learn while still working are:
1. Copywriting
2. Learning how to run ads(Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, google) companies pay as much as 200 to 300k as long as you're good a it.
3. Affiliate marketing (I recommend this one mostly cus it my field)
4.Web designing
All this are done online, you can do any of this and still keep your job
Re: Job Or Skill by DisuIbrahim(m): 12:19am On Jun 08, 2021
doublecross:
Who told you all the skill you listed don't pay anymore, stop saying what you don't know just because you know few people that didn't succeed doing them, this skill still pays as long as you are good and you differentiate yourself from others (packaging)
Re: Job Or Skill by ty2020: 2:20pm On Jun 08, 2021
Don't just learn a skill, learn high income skill, check out GoLearn online
Re: Job Or Skill by neutral2000: 1:19am On Jun 09, 2021
You don't test the depth of a river with both feet. Continue with your job and make the other skill part time. It may be stressful to cope with, but believe me, you are building a better future. And the best time to start is NOW
Re: Job Or Skill by yusufdayo1: 3:45am On Jun 16, 2021
ecomalchemist:
Congratulations to you on your Job.

I'd suggest you take weekends to learn and master your craft if you can't learn on weekdays. Most importanty you'd need to have emergency funds stashed up pending the duration of your new craft.

you cannot successfully learn a skill on an empty stomach, I wish you all the very best in your endeavours.

God bless you.

In Nigeria, graduates who are worthy both in character and in learning are roaming all over the streets with no jobs, but hoodlums, illiterates, political thugs, mentally unstable people who were used to cause unrest during the election time are recruited into the police force by politicians. This is what we will continue to get in return.

You are a uite... this I av seen
Re: Job Or Skill by Love20Ultimate: 10:08am On Jun 16, 2021
Earn money online. It cost you nothing. You are tasked to increase the number of orders on the platform.

You can earn 200~90000 Naira a day using just your mobile phone.

https://e-commerce-ng.com/index/user/register/7XHMDL.html
Re: Job Or Skill by DareyFortified: 12:39pm On Jun 16, 2021
doris4u:

I will advise that you use, your current job to acquire all the necessary things you will need for the skill you want to learn. So you don't get stuck. Is one thing to learn a skill, is another thing to have the right tool to use to work and practice it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal / Is Zenithbank About To Recruit? / Aso Villa Demo Day 2016: Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.