Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,883 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

MSC In Mathematics Or MSC In Physics. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MSC In Mathematics Or MSC In Physics. (791 Views)

Yakubu Nura Wins "World Championship In Physics" / Monifa Phillip, Black Woman Graduate From University Of Glasgow, PhD In Physics / Should I Continue With Mathematics Or Write JAMB To Study Computer Science? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MSC In Mathematics Or MSC In Physics. by Antimusic: 11:46pm On Jun 04, 2021
My utmost regard to everyone here.
I am a student in one of the prestigious universities in Nigeria - UNILORIN. I am currently studying mathematics (400l). I'm planning to go my MSC degree after graduation. So my question to you my audience is:in optioning for MSC math or MSC physics,which of the two has wider scope in knowledge relating to physical systems.
Thanks
Re: MSC In Mathematics Or MSC In Physics. by Nobody: 12:01am On Jun 05, 2021
Antimusic:
I am a student in one of the prestigious universities in Nigeria - UNILORIN. I am currently studying mathematics (400l). I'm planning to go my MSC degree after graduation. So my question to you my audience is:in optioning for MSC math or MSC physics,which of the two has wider scope in knowledge relating to physical systems.
Thanks

Of course, if it's physical systems you're targeting, it's MSc. Physics that you should go for. You already have a BSc. in Mathematics, which means you have clear understanding and knowledge in crunching numbers and both combined would make you a more versatile scholar.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MSC In Mathematics Or MSC In Physics. by lilvicky68(m): 12:16am On Jun 05, 2021
Continue with the mathematics..but is unilorin a prestigious University?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MSC In Mathematics Or MSC In Physics. by WorldRichest: 11:07am On Jun 05, 2021
lilvicky68:
Continue with the mathematics..but is unilorin a prestigious University?

Yes, UNILORIN is one of the most highly rated universities in Nigeria. In the last 10 years, UNILORIN has been rated best university in Nigeria about 6 times in 10 years. So, bury your stupidity.

Meanwhile, I never schooled at UNILORIN
Re: MSC In Mathematics Or MSC In Physics. by BuyAndSellStuff: 12:13pm On Jun 05, 2021
Antimusic:
Thanks

Physics.
A Physics major means you're already good @ Math & more. Physics is increasingly becoming the course for the future.

1 Like

Re: MSC In Mathematics Or MSC In Physics. by lilvicky68(m): 12:47pm On Jun 05, 2021
WorldRichest:

Yes, UNILORIN is one of the most highly rated universities in Nigeria. In the last 10 years, UNILORIN has been rated best university in Nigeria about 6 times in 10 years. So, bury your stupidity.

Meanwhile, I never schooled at UNILORIN
Mtchewww I no blame you..
Re: MSC In Mathematics Or MSC In Physics. by Antimusic: 9:51pm On Jun 05, 2021
Re: MSC In Mathematics Or MSC In Physics. by Antimusic: 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:

Physics.
A Physics major means you're already good @ Math & more. Physics is increasingly becoming the course for the future.

Switching from Bsc math to MSC physics does it necessary require PGD. Thanks
Re: MSC In Mathematics Or MSC In Physics. by LordIsaac(m): 7:50am On Jun 06, 2021
I'd love my CV to look like this if I were you:
Mathematics (BSc), Mathematics (MSc), Mathematics (PhD). Then, you will be a true authority in that field... And your generation will testify to it. Even your church members and relations will give you a new name: bro Maths or Uncle Maths. And when you get old, you'd be called "Grandpa Maths"! grin grin grin
Re: MSC In Mathematics Or MSC In Physics. by Cerebellum: 10:27am On Jun 06, 2021
LordIsaac:
Mathematics (BSc), Mathematics (MSc), Mathematics (PhD). Then, you will be a true authority in that field... And your generation will testify to it. Even your church members and relations will give you a new name: bro Maths or Uncle Maths. And when you get old, you'd be called "Grandpa Maths"! grin grin grin

Guy, u no wellgrin
Re: MSC In Mathematics Or MSC In Physics. by parkervero(m): 10:58am On Jun 06, 2021
LordIsaac:

What problem(s) do you hope to solve @bold? Or do you want to join the rat race system we were opened up to?
Re: MSC In Mathematics Or MSC In Physics. by LordIsaac(m): 2:59pm On Jun 06, 2021
parkervero:

What problem(s) do you hope to solve @bold? Or do you want to join the rat race system we were opened up to?
Reimann hypothesis... Or Navier-Stokes equation grin grin grin grin
Re: MSC In Mathematics Or MSC In Physics. by parkervero(m): 3:08pm On Jun 06, 2021
LordIsaac:

Reimann hypothesis... Or Navier-Stokes equation grin grin grin grin

is that your own invention or someone else's hypothesis and equation? Albert Einstein started General Relativity (if I'm correct), for you to stand out you need to come up with some invention that other people can build up on, no Nigerian Prof has invented anything that others can build up on. Do you any one?
Re: MSC In Mathematics Or MSC In Physics. by LordIsaac(m): 3:10pm On Jun 06, 2021
parkervero:

is that your own invention or someone else's hypothesis? Albert Einstein started General Relativity (if I'm correct), for you to stand out you need to come up with some invention that other people can build up on, no Nigerian Prof has invented anything that others can build up on. Do you any one?
It doesn't matter. It is a problem waiting to be solved. You asked for it, there it is.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Students Blocks Lagos Airport Due To ASUU Strike (photo) / FGC Ijanikin Suspends Children Of 3 Parents That Took PTA To The EFCC / Yawa For Atbu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.