Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,344 members, 7,850,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:59 PM

OHAKIM Is Best For IMO Guber. Reason It Out Critically. Isn't Rochas A Fraud? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OHAKIM Is Best For IMO Guber. Reason It Out Critically. Isn't Rochas A Fraud? (1945 Views)

PDP Calls For Imo Guber Cancellation / Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate / London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OHAKIM Is Best For IMO Guber. Reason It Out Critically. Isn't Rochas A Fraud? by iudoagwu(m): 1:16pm On May 04, 2011
Campaign manager, you aint doing too well. Next time, try and break your posts. Dont lump them all in one. It gets boring reading such an epistle esp when its about Ohakim. I mean Ohakim aint the working Sullivan.

It's in the media all over that Sullivan is good. But on average, Imolites are by far comfortable in the last four years than Enugu people (Not talking about those who reside in metropolis, after all Enugu metropolis was built long ago not by Sullivan).

I was in a town in Isi-Uzo LGA of Enugu state three days ago for a friends wedding, ask me what i saw, I was wondering if they are part of Sullivan's territory or rejected tribe.

So why not remove the log in your eye first
Re: OHAKIM Is Best For IMO Guber. Reason It Out Critically. Isn't Rochas A Fraud? by Bawss1(m): 1:28pm On May 04, 2011
Desperate times for Ohakim as he fears his tenure comes to an end.

How did Imo sink so low anyways? As someone already pointed out, if Ohakim is reelected then Imo State will not witness good governance for a very very very long time because he'll most likely handover to another suspicious character.
Re: OHAKIM Is Best For IMO Guber. Reason It Out Critically. Isn't Rochas A Fraud? by drpolitics: 1:40pm On May 04, 2011
@ All: I have observed the unfortunate tendency of many respondents to be sentimental in their assessment of issues. I want to agree with them that 1. It is not uncommon to hear Ohakim being tainted by Imolites to be evil and villainous. He hasn't helped himself much either with controversy after controversy unrelated to governance. Either flogging a samuelson or being initially absent while his aides harassed a Priest.
2. A lot of Imolites may not stick out a hair follicle to fight for him unlike some of his other opponents.
3. The perception of him is quite negative. People always believe he has something up his sleeves.

However, we all need to understand the following
1. Ohakim is not an independent candidate, but the head of the Imo State branch of the most popular political institution in Nigeria, the PDP, which also happens to be the Party of Mr. President and President Elect, GoodluckEJ. He therefore gets votes for the PDP not necessarily for himself but for his platform.

2. Ohakim played to some political sentiment by empowering some erstwhile forgotten segments of the state. Take for instance the Mbaise block, Ohakim's current deputy Governor-Ada Okwuonu is from Ezinihitte Mbaise while his current running mate/DG designate- Professor Viola Adaku Onwuliri is from Ahiazu Mbaise LGA. Now clearly by these appointments, Ohakim whipped up sentiment in Mbaise and thus got a clean and clear victory for the PDP in these LGAs.

3. The negative perception of Ohakim is mainly for the things he has done, not necessarily for the things he hasn't done and are mainly sentimental. I refer you to Mr. Samuelson's article, whom I understand Ohakim whipped with the cane. Mr. Samuelson is at least still able to write from his Ikenegbu residence in peace and comfort. This clearly affirms one fact, that Ohakim maybe this or that, but he is NOT A MURDERER, what you can't say for most other governors who used their official powers to snuff out life from their opponents which in Ohakim's case is Mr. Samuelson.  He has been quite fair to all his opponents in this race, not using the full fledged government machinery to fight them.

4. OHAKIM has WORKED. Whether people want to accept this or not. It is a clear fact and would soon be engrained in stone. I listed a few projects out in my initial post. A dude from GBAGADA in Lagos cancelled them out from Gbagada. In Owerri, Ohakim has worked and is still working. The Egbeada and Orji flyovers are a testament. They are on Orlu and Okigwe roads. Go and look them. Don't stay on Nairaland and be complaining.

Lastly in the spirit of setting the records straight. Let me supply you with some of the facts from the Easter Tuesday elections. Thank you

Ahiazu Mbaise:
PDP (OHAKIM):  16,065          APGA (ROCh): 12, 240        ACN (6,708)

ABOH MBAISE:
PDP (OHAKIM): 20, 171         APGA: 11, 468                     ACN: 8, 452

EZINIHITTE MBAISE:

PDP: 13, 663                         APGA: 10, 286                    ACN: 6, 370

Please calculate the deficits and make your conclusions. Elections were largely free and fair without events. However, let me make it clear that the wickedness shown by critics of Ohakim are unprecedented in history. Imagine Samuelson for instance insinuating that PDP won only 3 LGAs in the whole of IMO state and APGA won 15 while ACN won 9. How vicious can a lie be as to be completely bereft of truth and lacking any bearing with reality. It's quite unfortunate that someone who claims to be a member of the civil society would descend so low to incivility that he fabricates and concocts election results and feeds venom to the unfortunate thousands who see him as civil. It's quite a tragedy.

Lastly may I add that the PDP ( Ohakim) went on to win Ihitte/Uboma (13,000votes gap to Apga), Isiala Mbano (16,000 votes deficit to Ararume), Ehime Mbano (11,000 votes to Ararume), Okigwe (11,000 votes > Apga), Obowo (9,000 votes to Apga), Onuimo (8000 votes to APGA), Ikeduru (4,000 votes to APGA), Nwangele (2,000 votes to APGA),  and PDP also won (though unannounced and unofficial Oguta and Ohaji-Egbema by very significant margins----- These two cancelled results actually formed the basis for the deadlock)             ****** (these are the deficits in bracket not actual scores)

My brothers if you noticed. These PDP's wins were not in Owerri ( Owerri North, Owerri Municipal, Owerri West were won by APGA) which happens to be the capital and were most media outfits, internet cafes, bloggers and press persons are located. The disenchantment for Ohakim is quite palpable here. However the PDP still has pockets of supporters there. It is significant to note therefore that if you don't enjoy support in the Urbanized parts of the state, the tendency is for that sentiment to be readily exported as visitors, travellers and tourists are given that impression when they visit the states capital.

I hope I cleared a few wrong notions. Thank you.
Re: OHAKIM Is Best For IMO Guber. Reason It Out Critically. Isn't Rochas A Fraud? by solotuonye: 1:58pm On May 04, 2011
Lol. Ohakim's hagiographers at work.

Who are you calling Ohakim's biographer? Ok, so you are Rochas biographer?
Re: OHAKIM Is Best For IMO Guber. Reason It Out Critically. Isn't Rochas A Fraud? by andrewnwa: 2:17pm On May 04, 2011
Well, from my own point of view and understanding, i think Ohakim is the best. My reason is because of his landmark achievements, experience, vision and purpose for the state. Please lets try and support him(Dr Ikedi Ohakim) for continuity in good governance. Thanks
Re: OHAKIM Is Best For IMO Guber. Reason It Out Critically. Isn't Rochas A Fraud? by escalibur: 2:39pm On May 04, 2011
I think user IDs like drpolitics, solotuonye and possibly andrewnwa were registered solely for Ohakim's propaganda, all these user IDs are barely a month old, they may have been registered by the same individual to lend credence to his opinion. Nairalanders are smarter than that, we all know Ohakim is an imp, save your energy and go spend ur bribe loot in peace. The only way Ohakim will win is if he rigs, we have tried him and he has failed, let someone else give it a shot!
Re: OHAKIM Is Best For IMO Guber. Reason It Out Critically. Isn't Rochas A Fraud? by iudoagwu(m): 3:09pm On May 04, 2011
I think user IDs like drpolitics, solotuonye and possibly andrewnwa were registered solely for Ohakim's propaganda, all these user IDs are barely a month old, they may have been registered by the same individual to lend credence to his opinion. Nairalanders are smarter than that, we all know Ohakim is an imp, save your energy and go spend your bribe loot in peace. The only way Ohakim will win is if he rigs, we have tried him and he has failed, let someone else give it a shot!

LOL, Don't go there! Can you compare the 17 posts under your name to their own. I think they are far older than you. I have been seeing them here, and i believe they are from Imo state. I don't see anything bad in protecting one's state.
Re: OHAKIM Is Best For IMO Guber. Reason It Out Critically. Isn't Rochas A Fraud? by solotuonye: 3:16pm On May 04, 2011
Desperate times for Ohakim as he fears his tenure comes to an end.

How did Imo sink so low anyways? As someone already pointed out, if Ohakim is reelected then Imo State will not witness good governance for a very very very long time because he'll most likely handover to another suspicious character.

Let him who is without sin be the first to cast a stone at Ohakim!

So Rochas is a saint abi Why was he kicked out of NAMA after just 1 month in Office

Answer: He looted N150m by over inflating contracts, just 1 month! What could have happened in just 1 yr You guys are playing with fire, keep deceiving yourselves, Someone told me yesterday that Rochas will give free education up to univeristy level, keep deceiving yourselves!

You guys are going to see what you are asking for soon. Free education is what you will eat from morning till night till you get tired. He will even give free education up till Ph.D level!!! Nonsense
Re: OHAKIM Is Best For IMO Guber. Reason It Out Critically. Isn't Rochas A Fraud? by iudoagwu(m): 3:40pm On May 04, 2011
Let him who is without sin be the first to cast a stone at Ohakim!

So Rochas is a saint abi Why was he kicked out of NAMA after just 1 month in Office

Answer: He looted N150m by over inflating contracts, just 1 month! What could have happened in just 1 yr You guys are playing with fire, keep deceiving yourselves, Someone told me yesterday that Rochas will give free education up to univeristy level, keep deceiving yourselves!

You guys are going to see what you are asking for soon. Free education is what you will eat from morning till night till you get tired. He will even give free education up till Ph.D level!!! Nonsense

The issue with NAMA is even a small thing. The truth is that Rochas is using his schools to make people believe that he will do wonders.
What happened in the case of Red cross??
Re: OHAKIM Is Best For IMO Guber. Reason It Out Critically. Isn't Rochas A Fraud? by iudoagwu(m): 3:58pm On May 04, 2011
If you are not informed, you are deformed and cannot perform! You people are making noise here in Owerri probably because you don't know who Rocas Okorocha is. He loots funds from Ford foundation to support his schools since few years ago. During his saga with ford last year, he promised to pay, now how can a mere politician which he is accumulate such amount to pay ford?? the answer is our money.

I don't want to talk about the reason for his sack in NAMA, if you give him your vote in imo, then "a looter continua!!".

I am not particular about who should win, but i will better not vote than vote him in, Q.E.D
Re: OHAKIM Is Best For IMO Guber. Reason It Out Critically. Isn't Rochas A Fraud? by drpolitics: 5:37pm On May 04, 2011
MY QUESTIONS ARE BEGGING TO BE ANSWERED

What do we really know about this Rochas man? I have been asking this question for long, what do we know about him? Or are we just jumping on the bandwagon because we think Ohakim must go? Let's evaluate his person critically without recourse to the media hype that is largely bogus? Someone mentioned free education up to the University level? Did he promise that? Is it possible, considering the salary bills and current running costs of government? How would he fund it? or would he tell us that the Ohakim government that "handed over" to him ( for instance) has spent all the resources and left the state in so much debt that it's impossible to implement? My dear Ndi Imo Let's be sure it's not another ploy by a desperate politician on a mission to grab power at all cost?

Have you noticed that he has no other plan? No manifesto? Nothing? and his deputy governor designate is a tailor, bringing nothing to the table of governance as against Ohakim who has appointed a seasoned female Professor per excellence and Woman development expert as deputy? Have you noticed that Rochas only appears on the IMO front when they are elections? Throughout the last 3 or 4 years, did anybody hear about him? why did the PDP machinery blatantly disown him? What has been his precedence in government? Is the NAMA story an important one for us to learn lessons from? What about his stories from the tin city (Jos)? His nearly spontaneous acquisition of wealth with unexplainable sources? What about the Law degree he flaunts? Are you aware that he was expelled for Examination Malpractice at the Faculty of Law Univ. of Jos? Are you aware that he bought his way back into the degree and got lecturers to write his exams for him? Are you aware that his gift of a standby generator to the Faculty of Law, University of Jos was to cement this deal? What about his family members? Are you aware that he is yet to empower any of them? Do you know any Okorocha of good standing in Society that is a sibling or relative of his? Have you heard of his past aides and assistants who died or disappeared from unexplained reasons up to date?

My people all these are questions begging to be answered. I hope it can generate the right kind of discourse for all of us to critically move the bar of governance forward in Imo State.

The Hagiographer (crude oil) in our midst would love this. My conclusion is that truly OHAKIM IS NO SAINT but WHO is this Rochas we don't know?
Re: OHAKIM Is Best For IMO Guber. Reason It Out Critically. Isn't Rochas A Fraud? by iudoagwu(m): 6:29pm On May 04, 2011
MY QUESTIONS ARE BEGGING TO BE ANSWERED

What do we really know about this Rochas man? I have been asking this question for long, what do we know about him? Or are we just jumping on the bandwagon because we think Ohakim must go? Let's evaluate his person critically without recourse to the media hype that is largely bogus? Someone mentioned free education up to the University level? Did he promise that? Is it possible, considering the salary bills and current running costs of government? How would he fund it? or would he tell us that the Ohakim government that "handed over" to him ( for instance) has spent all the resources and left the state in so much debt that it's impossible to implement? My dear Ndi Imo Let's be sure it's not another ploy by a desperate politician on a mission to grab power at all cost?

Have you noticed that he has no other plan? No manifesto? Nothing? and his deputy governor designate is a tailor, bringing nothing to the table of governance as against Ohakim who has appointed a seasoned female Professor per excellence and Woman development expert as deputy? Have you noticed that Rochas only appears on the IMO front when they are elections? Throughout the last 3 or 4 years, did anybody hear about him? why did the PDP machinery blatantly disown him? What has been his precedence in government? Is the NAMA story an important one for us to learn lessons from? What about his stories from the tin city (Jos)? His nearly spontaneous acquisition of wealth with unexplainable sources? What about the Law degree he flaunts? Are you aware that he was expelled for Examination Malpractice at the Faculty of Law Univ. of Jos? Are you aware that he bought his way back into the degree and got lecturers to write his exams for him? Are you aware that his gift of a standby generator to the Faculty of Law, University of Jos was to cement this deal? What about his family members? Are you aware that he is yet to empower any of them? Do you know any Okorocha of good standing in Society that is a sibling or relative of his? Have you heard of his past aides and assistants who died or disappeared from unexplained reasons up to date?

My people all these are questions begging to be answered. I hope it can generate the right kind of discourse for all of us to critically move the bar of governance forward in Imo State.

The Hagiographer (crude oil) in our midst would love this. My conclusion is that truly OHAKIM IS NO SAINT but WHO is this Rochas we don't know?

Tell them my brother. I wonder how Rochas will blackmail everybody and make people think he is the best man on earth.
Re: OHAKIM Is Best For IMO Guber. Reason It Out Critically. Isn't Rochas A Fraud? by Odunnu: 6:34pm On May 04, 2011
Bia, are both of you the same?
Re: OHAKIM Is Best For IMO Guber. Reason It Out Critically. Isn't Rochas A Fraud? by drpolitics: 10:39pm On May 04, 2011
@Odunmu: So because we are both challenging this Rochas's view, we must be the same person. why are we like this? I have asked several poignant questions and begging for answers. Have you answered them? Instead you are deviating from the matter at hand and delving into unimportant issues, why?
My pain is that as of today, the truth about the real issues are emerging. Rochas won in all 11 LGAs that make up the Orlu zone. This is a prelude to their clamour for the creation of Orlu state. This also explains why the Orlu leaders ditched all agreements including the sacrosanct Imo Unity document. The "Imo Charter of Equity" of 1991 that has enshrined the issue of zoning in our polity and has enhanced brotherliness and love in the land. It's unfortunate that nobody is referring to this all important document today because a segment of IMO state want their own state to be created for them.
Such blind ambition is the bane of Eastern Nigeria.
Re: OHAKIM Is Best For IMO Guber. Reason It Out Critically. Isn't Rochas A Fraud? by escalibur: 11:03pm On May 04, 2011
Don't mind them, they are all the same person, putting out ideas with one ID and supporting them with another, I have 17 posts but registered since 2009. All your IDs are barely over a month old, peeps wont take the bait, Ohakim aint winning jack!!!
Re: OHAKIM Is Best For IMO Guber. Reason It Out Critically. Isn't Rochas A Fraud? by mensdept: 11:11pm On May 04, 2011
drpolitics:

@Odunmu: So because we are both challenging this Rochas's view, we must be the same person. why are we like this? I have asked several poignant questions and begging for answers. Have you answered them? Instead you are deviating from the matter at hand and delving into unimportant issues, why?
My pain is that as of today, the truth about the real issues are emerging. Rochas won in all 11 LGAs that make up the Orlu zone. This is a prelude to their clamour for the creation of Orlu state. This also explains why the Orlu leaders ditched all agreements including the sacrosanct Imo Unity document. The "Imo Charter of Equity" of 1991 that has enshrined the issue of zoning in our polity and has enhanced brotherliness and love in the land. It's unfortunate that nobody is referring to this all important document today because a segment of IMO state want their own state to be created for them.
Such blind ambition is the bane of Eastern Nigeria.

Ah Hah!!! I see.

You are simply a fool!!! Typical microscopic thinking African from the Nigg.a Area. Listen to yourself and see how you sound. When you do, you'll see that you sound like a complete FOOL.

On Nairaland you are writing nothing more than rubbish about a well-known thug called Ohakim, and you think by your lengthy garbage people will say,

" Ewoooh, Chei, Na De Ohakim be that".

Nonsense
Re: OHAKIM Is Best For IMO Guber. Reason It Out Critically. Isn't Rochas A Fraud? by drpolitics: 11:22pm On May 04, 2011
@Mens dept: That's my point, You have no point, You continue insulting facts and cursing current happenings, what I have written if you are anywhere around Owerri forms the basis or topics of current discourse. That you are calling me a fool or complete fool is your business, You should be ashamed of yourself. Answer the questions about your Rochas objectively and stop cursing like a child. I believe you are above 18 at least even though you sound like someone who should be tucked in by now, because it's way past your bed time,
Re: OHAKIM Is Best For IMO Guber. Reason It Out Critically. Isn't Rochas A Fraud? by mensdept: 11:39pm On May 04, 2011
drpolitics:

@Mens dept: That's my point, You have no point, You continue insulting facts and cursing current happenings, what I have written if you are anywhere around Owerri forms the basis or topics of current discourse. That you are calling me a fool or complete fool is your business, You should be ashamed of yourself. Answer the questions about your Rochas objectively and stop cursing like a child. I believe you are above 18 at least even though you sound like someone who should be tucked in by now, because it's way past your bed time,

At last a shorter post of rubbish. Thank goodness. Like someone rightfully called you "Mr. Campaigner", you are exactly what I called you- A FOOL. Ohakim is in modern day terms a rogue, but I would like to grant him a chieftancy title- WARRANT CHIEF of Imo State.

Did you know that I've been to Owerri or should I say Owere? Yes, the Omo Yoruba/Bini/Igbo Mens Dept. I have to admit, there's nothing world class about that township. Outside of it, the deplorable way of life is the same as it was 4 years ago, 10 years ago, and 20 years ago.

You should be ashamed of yourself for posting rubbish on here about how Saint Ohakim the WARRANT CHIEF, is revolutionizing Imo State. I hope the god of the land will smite you and your entire compound. Onye 'shi
Re: OHAKIM Is Best For IMO Guber. Reason It Out Critically. Isn't Rochas A Fraud? by drpolitics: 5:05am On May 05, 2011
@Men's dept: You Still have missed the point, I guess we have to agree to disagree particularly with your methods, Objectivity and the ability to analyse issues dispassionately seems to elude you. I won't be throwing tantrums or hurling invectives like an irked female on an online platform. If they are issues, let's address them and stop being sentimental about them, Period. The concept of cursing and cursing is retrogressive. Put your mind to use and proffer a way forward ( that's why you have a brain). I have done that and presented my point of view to you. Instead you keep referring to me as campaign officer of Ohakim. A man that I have never ever seen or worked with before but whom I believe should stay on because the danger of going into another 8 year contract with another 419ner is better imagined than experienced . However, I believe that despite all his shenanigans, he is a better candidate than his opponent considering that they have similar "Owere" backgrounds but one has had a head start and stands able to correct his current mistakes and move the bar forward, The other would take us back to square one,

(1) (2) (Reply)

National Cake Palava In Nigerian Politics. / 'our President Has No Shoes' - Sam Omatseye / Excitement In South East As Radio Biafra Bounces Back Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.