Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate (13240 Views)

Imo Guber: Ihedioha Loses At Tribunal / IMO Guber Election Results (INEC Declarations) / PDP Calls For Imo Guber Cancellation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 04, 2015
FROM GEORGE ONYEJIUWA,OWERRI

The Deputy Speak­er of the House of Representatives, Rt.Honorable Emeka Ihe­dioha has finally emerged as the Imo State gubernato­rial candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) as his name was among the list of candidates released by the Independent Na­tional Electoral Commission (INEC) in Owerri on Friday.

It would be recalled that controversy had trailed the conduct of the December , 2014 PDP governorship pri­mary in Imo State whereby Senator Ifeanyi Ararume had laid claim to having won the election, alleging that the Electoral Committee that conducted the primary had inflated the votes in favour of Hon. Emeka Ihedioha.

However, the listing of the name of Hon. Ihedioha along­side his running mate Hon. Chuma Nnaji as governor­ship and deputy governorship candidates respectively of the PDP by the Independent Na­tional Electoral Commission (INEC), has finally brought to an end the waiting game as to who would fly the party gubernatorial flag in the Feb­ruary 28,2015 gubernatorial polls.

Meantime and in a related development, the Emeka Ihedioha Campaign Organ­isation, yesterday described as false and mischievous the report in some newspapers that the name of the Deputy Speaker was not among the list of candidates published by INEC office in Owerri for the 2015 general elections. The organisation said the news report was false and should be disregarded by all Imolites and Nigerians in general.

The release which was signed by the Director Gen­eral of the organisation, Bar­rister Chris Okewulonu said: “The attention of the Emeka Ihedioha Governorship Cam­paign Organisation has been drawn to the mischievous news report purporting that the list of candidates pub­lished by Independent Na­tional Electoral Commission (INEC) office Owerri, for the 2015 General Elections does not include the name of His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha as PDP Imo State governorship candidate.

“We must state categori­cally that the news reports are totally false, misleading and should be disregarded. That Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, is the Imo State governorship candidate 2015 is factually and legally not in doubt as a visit to the INEC office, Ow­erri and their public notice board establishes this fact.

“The truth of the matter is that there is no court order of injunction obtained by any person or group restrain­ing INEC from receiving, publishing or treating Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha as the substantive governorship candidate of the PDP for the 2015 general elections in Imo State.”

However, the atmosphere at the INEC headquarters in Owerri, the Imo State capital was tense as supporters of the various parties who had besieged the commission’s office to check candidates’ names were barred from en­tering into the premises by stern looking security men who said they were acting un­der instruction.
source:sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=98715

4 Likes

Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by neily(f): 7:50am On Jan 04, 2015
Story for the gods.
IMO PDP has no candidate, a repetition of what happened in 2007.

13 Likes

Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by dunkem21(m): 7:51am On Jan 04, 2015
Welcome back bro.

Their joy is short-lived.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 04, 2015
Chuma Nnaji is from Umuaka in Njaba LG. I see him pulling a small chunk of votes from Orlu zone. Just small o!

Rochas is still the main man! cool

15 Likes

Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 04, 2015
neily:
Story for the gods.
IMO PDP has no candidate, a repetition of what happened in 2007.
you wish....I keep wondering why everyone is scared of running against this man

3 Likes

Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 04, 2015

5 Likes

Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by Innodon(m): 6:53am On Jan 05, 2015
good.The next governor of Imo state. God bless him with wisdom to lead the state to greater heights.

12 Likes

Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by normabrown322: 6:53am On Jan 05, 2015
OK
Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by LordMecuzy(m): 6:55am On Jan 05, 2015
That's Good. This would make PDP n APGA to share their votes, making it so easy now for Rochas to emerge Victorious

7 Likes

Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by Nmeri17: 6:55am On Jan 05, 2015
ihedioha?? no thanks smiley I think I'll like Rochas to win this time too.

let ihedioha stay at home and wash plates then after 2019 we might consider him wink

9 Likes

Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by tojahh(m): 6:57am On Jan 05, 2015
Wetin Concern me?

Abeg na FP things make me comment

I even comment
Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by Elusive9(f): 6:57am On Jan 05, 2015
Ihedioha ko, Amadioha niundecided Owelle all the way!!! tongue

9 Likes

Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by chiibekee(f): 6:57am On Jan 05, 2015
None of them is perfect. Na God dey save us

1 Like

Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by LordMecuzy(m): 6:58am On Jan 05, 2015
BADNEAT:

Scared of who? story.
Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by BabaEleko(m): 6:58am On Jan 05, 2015
Nothing is ever democratically done in the house of PDP. Imagine inflating votes without considering the number of voters. We can't continue with this corrupt trend for another 4 years. CHANGE IS IMMINENT NATIONWIDE.

4 Likes

Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by UnknownT: 6:59am On Jan 05, 2015
Pdp going tho an election in Imo state again divided. 2011 when they were united, they failed. now this?
Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by Tosin007(m): 6:59am On Jan 05, 2015
Now its easier for Rocahs. I was getting scared when I read reports pdp might combine forces with APGA. Apc all the way! #SaiBuhari

5 Likes

Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by Dsd1pumpking(m): 6:59am On Jan 05, 2015
hmm
Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by DancingSkeleton(m): 6:59am On Jan 05, 2015
GOD bless Nigeria smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by DWJOBScom(m): 7:00am On Jan 05, 2015
Welcome development
Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by malbro(m): 7:00am On Jan 05, 2015
BADNEAT:
He is from MBAISE naaaaah datz y

3 Likes

Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by eedris07(m): 7:01am On Jan 05, 2015
U r already a losser..
Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by englishmart(m): 7:02am On Jan 05, 2015
go and fight Rochas adamu okorocha if you can
Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by free2ryhme: 7:02am On Jan 05, 2015
Ihedioha suddenly and hurriedly cleared abi?

This criminal party called pdp and its rogue move would end come february. Its days are numbered
Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by englishmart(m): 7:03am On Jan 05, 2015
malbro:

He is from MBAISE naaaaah datz y
that means he's a 419 man o. grin wink

5 Likes

Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by englishmart(m): 7:04am On Jan 05, 2015
foolish people be like
free2ryhme:
Ihedioha suddenly and hurriedly cleared abi?

This criminal party called pdp and its rogue move would end come february. Its days are numbered
Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by englishmart(m): 7:05am On Jan 05, 2015
eedris07:
U r already a losser..
surprises are prone to happening
Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 05, 2015
LordMecuzy:
That's Good. This would make PDP n APGA to share their votes, making it so easy now for Rochas to emerge Victorious

What makes you think anyone will want to vote for APC?

2 Likes

Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by englishmart(m): 7:07am On Jan 05, 2015
Tosin007:
Now its easier for Rocahs. I was getting scared when I read reports pdp might combine forces with APGA. Apc all the way! #SaiBuhari
others are helping the general to dig out his certificates. You are here shouting "saibuhari"

5 Likes

Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by chimerase2: 7:08am On Jan 05, 2015
Our amiable governor cheesy
Re: Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate by Francon(f): 7:09am On Jan 05, 2015
Ararume can now take a bow

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Chairmen In North Reject Zoning Of National Chairmanship To South-west / Senator Shehu Sani Identifies 15 Threats To Democracy In Nigeria / Ngige: Buhari Is Healthier Than 80% Of Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.