Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,365 members, 7,829,932 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Can Muslims Live In A Civilized World? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Muslims Live In A Civilized World? (873 Views)

Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana / Buhari's Case In A Civilized Society. / States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Muslims Live In A Civilized World? by Bankole01(m): 3:33pm On Jul 13, 2007
In America and Europe, Islam has come to be and accepted as one of the main religions with a lot of adherents.
Mosques are revered as places of worship. Muslim clerics, Rabbis and Christians leaders are meeting to find a commom ground.

In some mosques however, in spite of the relative freedom enjoyed by muslims in the society, clerics still preach hateful rhetorics. There are recruitments ongoing for militants to kill, main and destabilise the tolerant goverments.

This is apparent in the 9/11 bombings of the World Trade center, the train bombing in Spain and the recent bombings and plots in Britain!

Muslims ask for understanding and at the same time, cause mayhem!
How can one distinguish between the people and religion that preaches and call for killing?
It is only in muslim countries that you have beheadings and amputations of limbs.
People will do suicide bombings killing innicent people in the hopes of going to heaven and receiving seven virgins as reward!

What sense does this make? do we not have educated and free thinking muslims who can relate independently with the civilized world!
Re: Can Muslims Live In A Civilized World? by babasin(m): 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2007
what is civilized world?

who determine what is civilized?

grin cheesy grin
Re: Can Muslims Live In A Civilized World? by Bankole01(m): 3:46pm On Jul 13, 2007
babasin:

what is civilized world?

who determine what is civilized?

grin cheesy grin

A world where on has no fears of being blown to bits, where is able to enjoy the pursuit of hapiness and liberty.
A world devoid of crazed maniacs who will kill for a deranged reward in Aljana (heaven)
A world in which a prudent person knows the rights of his neighbours!
Re: Can Muslims Live In A Civilized World? by Seun(m): 3:49pm On Jul 13, 2007
That civilized world is a fiction of your imagination. In the real civilized world, crime still exists. Too bad it does.
Re: Can Muslims Live In A Civilized World? by Afam(m): 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2007
I know a lot of non muslims that go to Dubai to buy stuff and they all come back with their heads still on their shoulders.

Personally, I believe that peace and injustices cannot co-exist.

You cannot beat someone and at the same time ask the person not to cry.

The killing of anyone by anyone, group or nation is bad and until we begin to look at these issues with all sense of sincerity nothing much will come out of the current state of insecurity.
Re: Can Muslims Live In A Civilized World? by Bankole01(m): 4:26pm On Jul 13, 2007
Seun:

That civilized world is a fiction of your imagination. In the real civilized world, crime still exists. Too bad it does.

Seun please write like a grown up. Crime exist everywhere does not equate senseless barbarism. When a section of the society take it upon themselves to visit mayhem on innocent people for perceived wrong done to them or their religion, this is uncivilized!

You must be living in a make believe world if you think enjoynig the pursuit of liberty and hapiness is purely immaginative. even Nigeria as much as we have made a mess a things, strive for this!

@Afam: You are right my broda, you cannot oppress someone and expect him to love you. American foreign policy especially under Goerge Bush had been anti Islam. playing double standard that is largely in favor of Israel. Does this however excuse you and I being blown to bits, buses with innocent children and women being blown up?

Sincerity come from broblems being discussed in a sensible way to find common grounds.

Dubai (U.A.E.) is a model muslim nation far from the norm. These people made a conscious effort to depart from the senseless and theocratic ways of Islam, opening their country to the world at large to help develop and made a success story out of.  They built two islands oul of the ocean for fantastic real estate. This is why Dubai is accepted by the whole world. The reat of the muslim nations can emulate them also!
Re: Can Muslims Live In A Civilized World? by babasin(m): 6:23pm On Jul 13, 2007
When a section of the society take it upon themselves to visit mayhem on innocent people for perceived wrong done to them or their religion, this is uncivilized

You are confusing 'violence' with civilization.

grin cheesy grin

I ask again: what is civilization?

who determine who is civilized and who is not civilized?
Re: Can Muslims Live In A Civilized World? by denex: 8:06pm On Jul 13, 2007
You have answered the question by citing Dubai. So there you are. Muslims ARE living in a civilized world.

However, rather than come in the guise of a question, why not make the statement which you tend to suggest us towards with your sermons.

The Question I want to ask you though is:

Can religious bigots allow Muslims live in a civilized world?
Re: Can Muslims Live In A Civilized World? by DRANOEL(m): 8:34pm On Jul 13, 2007
@bankole
have you been to dubai?
Re: Can Muslims Live In A Civilized World? by denex: 10:40pm On Jul 13, 2007
@Bankole1

America has a foreign policy which is anti-Islamic. It doesn't just end there. They use this anti-Islamic foreign policy to bomb more than 100,000 Iraqis.

This justifies for about 100,000 Americans or people posing to be Americans or friends of America to be blown up to bits. I don't think the count has even reached 10,000 yet. So about 94,000 to go. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Can Muslims Live In A Civilized World? by Bankole01(m): 10:56pm On Jul 13, 2007
denex:

You have answered the question by citing Dubai. So there you are. Muslims ARE living in a civilized world.

However, rather than come in the guise of a question, why not make the statement which you tend to suggest us towards with your sermons.

The Question I want to ask you though is:

Can religious bigots allow Muslims live in a civilized world?

When it comes to intolerance, no one can hold the candle to muslims.
Innocent people do die because of government policy.

Dubai is developed today because the leaders wisely decided to open up their nation to the world unfettered.

denex:

@Bankole1

America has a foreign policy which is anti-Islamic. It doesn't just end there. They use this anti-Islamic foreign policy to bomb more than 100,000 Iraqis.

This justifies for about 100,000 Americans or people posing to be Americans or friends of America to be blown up to bits. I don't think the count has even reached 10,000 yet. So about 94,000 to go. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

way to go denex, spoken like the true son of an extremist!
Re: Can Muslims Live In A Civilized World? by denex: 11:35pm On Jul 13, 2007
I don't see anything extreme about trying to share the body count equally. I think what you should call me is FAIR.

An extremist is someone who justifies 3,000 dead people with the blowing up 100,000 people and killing another 500,000 and in the process, losing the lives of 3,500 of the soldiers sent to carry out these atrocities. That is an extremist. That is the average American.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Here To Sanitise Nairaland Off All Wrong Doings / Nigerians In The Politics Thread: Misplaced Priorities? / African Countries Should Give The Ladies A Chance To Rule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.