Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,077 members, 7,814,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Eleka Condemns Ban Of Twitter, Demands Reversal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eleka Condemns Ban Of Twitter, Demands Reversal (396 Views)

Eleka Kneels Down As Fayose Prays For His Victory (Video) / Olusola Eleka Frying Akara By The Roadside (Photos) / Fayose Hands Over Newly Built Office To His Deputy, Eleka, In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eleka Condemns Ban Of Twitter, Demands Reversal by AishaYesufu: 2:07pm On Jun 05, 2021
A former deputy governor of Ekiti state, Professor Olusola Eleka, has condemned the decision of federal government of Nigeria to suspend Twitter.

Professor Eleka, a frontline governorship aspirant under the platform of Peoples Democratic Party, made this known on Saturday in a statement that he personally signed.

Read full statement,

"Leadership is more about the mental attitude and intellectual prowess to see beyond emotional sentiments in decision making.

The decision of the Federal Government of Nigeria, under the leadership of President Buhari to suspend the usage of Twitter, days after the platform deleted the President's Genocide tweet is a demonstration of inept leadership.

The decision is barbaric and bereft of democratic ethos. It is a very unfortunate and intellectual eyesore that in a democratic setting like ours, dictatorial tendencies exist and such inhumane decisions can be made.

The Twitter platform is not just a communication platform for millions of Nigerian youths but has become a source of livelihood, means of getting business customers and clients. It is also a yardstick for feeling the pulse of Nigerians.

I hereby call for the reversal of this ill-advised decision. President Buhari must learn how to accept criticism and respect Nigerians, else anarchy looms, as such decisions will push Nigerians to the wall.

To fellow Nigerians, my message is simple "This too shall pass". Dictators don't last forever and power is transient.

Re: Eleka Condemns Ban Of Twitter, Demands Reversal by Amb1045(m): 2:15pm On Jun 05, 2021
This why we asked for true federalism. Division of power. Buhari supposed not to have power to ban twitter. Earlier we wake up of regional politics the better
Re: Eleka Condemns Ban Of Twitter, Demands Reversal by LuQuLuQu(m): 2:30pm On Jun 05, 2021
And opolo eye bullion van Tinubu is yet to say something

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: The North Vs South Soft War / Why Not Rename Nigeria Biafra? / I Watch Bandits Abducting My Children-parents Of Kidnapped Niger State Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.