Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,344 members, 7,957,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:12 AM

There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe (828 Views)

Signs You Are Losing Faith In God / What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ / What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2021
Once you believe you have eternal life
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kobojunkie: 10:55pm On Jun 07, 2021
Kingsnairaland:
Once you believe you have eternal life
If by "believe" you imply mental assent, then that is not true and this because in John 6 vs 47 - 52 Jesus Christ states that only those who eat His body and drink His blood have eternal life. undecided
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kingsnairaland(m): 5:51pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
If by "believe" you imply mental assent, then that is not true and this because in John 6 vs 47 - 52 Jesus Christ states that only those who eat His body and drink His blood have eternal life. undecided

Believe is a spiritual thing not mental

Yes eating is one way not the only way read more ways in the Bible
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kingsnairaland:

Believe is a spiritual thing not mental

Yes eating is one way not the only way read more ways in the Bible
1. I am well aware that in human speaks, words can and tend to have different meanings to them. So in what sense is believing a "spiritual" thing? undecided

2. Eating is one way? What other ways do you know of that one can attain eternal life through Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:05pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. I am well aware that in human speaks, words can and tend to have different meanings to them. So in what sense is believing a "spiritual" thing? undecided

2. Eating is one way? What other ways do you know of that one can attain eternal life through Jesus Christ? undecided

God's Spirit makes it possible for us to understand and believe spiritual things

1 Corinthians 2:14, NIV: "The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit."

Here God is saying without spirit of God in u you can't accept God things inside u

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Here God is saying that it not something u work not physical thing but a spiritual thing which is believing in Jesus
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:10pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:

I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.1 John 5:13

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16

From this scripture u can see another way to get eternal life through believing

Just like the thief on the cross did not eat but only believed
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:13pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

And

Ephesians 2:8-9

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Both Here God is saying eternal life is also a gift
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kobojunkie: 9:29pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kingsnairaland:

God's Spirit makes it possible for us to understand and believe spiritual things

1 Corinthians 2:14, NIV: "The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit."

Here God is saying without spirit of God in u you can't accept God things inside u
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Here God is saying that it not something u work not physical thing but a spiritual thing which is believing in Jesus
1. God is not quoted there in Corinthians. Those are instead the words of the writer of the letter of Corinthians. it is of great importance to note that since in God's Old, and New Covenant Laws, there are commands on how to deal with such ideas/issues.

2. So you suggest that before a person can believe, the person - sinners, and even those who eventually "backslide" -is guided to do so by the Holy Spirit of God, am I right?

3. John 3 vs 16 does not seem to agree with your assessment at all. Work involves action on the part of the one who is to benefit, does it not? undecided

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in hi[/b]m shall not perish but have eternal life.

And clearly, right there in the verse, Jesus Christ declares to those who will seek to obtain the promised salvation from perishing and eternal life, that they must first believe in Him ( [b]work
), . Another way to look at what Jesus Christ said here is this - those who do not do this work cannot obtain salvation from perishing nor eternal life He promises. undecided
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:34pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. God is not quoted there in Corinthians. Those are instead the words of the writer of the letter of Corinthians. it is of great importance to note that since in God's Old, and New Covenant Laws, there are commands on how to deal with such ideas/issues.

2. So you suggest that before a person can believe, the person - sinners, and even those who eventually "backslide" -is guided to do so by the Holy Spirit of God, am I right?

3. John 3 vs 16 does not seem to agree with your assessment at all. Work involves action on the part of the one who is to benefit, does it not? undecided

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in hi[/b]m shall not perish but have eternal life.

And clearly, right there in the verse, Jesus Christ declares to those who will seek to obtain the promised salvation from perishing and eternal life, that they must first believe in Him ( [b]work
), . Another way to look at what Jesus Christ said here is this - those who do not do this work cannot obtain salvation from perishing nor eternal life He promises. undecided

Wow

Am sorry if you don't believe that all the Bible is the inspiration of God and the breath of God and the words of God irrespective of who wrote it then am sorry we are not on the same page

We can't make a connection and a conversation if you don't believe all the Bible is from God
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kingsnairaland:

I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.1 John 5:13

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16

From this scripture u can see another way to get eternal life through believing

Just like the thief on the cross did not eat but only believed
When you read a book, do you simply lift the views of the subjects in pieces or do you consider them together as a whole in order to understand the viewpoint of each subject? undecided

Take the movie, Chicken little for example. if I only saw the clips where Chicken little declared " The sky is falling" and then went away teling everyone that is indeed Chicken little's truth, do you think anyone out there, even kids who had seen the entire movie, would think that I am sane or well? undecided

What you do here amounts to that very same thing, picking just a few pieces and drawing a disjointed conclusion on it without considering the message in entirety. undecided

And you know what though, you are correct that even those who only believe but refuse to eat the body and blood of Jesus Christ will also get eternal life, but my concern is that they may prime themselves for entering into the Kingdom of God through the broad gate too. And Jesus Christ tells us instead to endeavour to enter in through the narrow gate. undecided
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kobojunkie: 9:41pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kingsnairaland:

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

And
Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Both Here God is saying eternal life is also a gift
John 3 vs 16, also says it is a gift given only to those who believe. Death(perishing) is a punishment whereas Salvation from it (eternal life) is a gift given by God when we do what He asks..believeundecided
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kobojunkie: 9:45pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kingsnairaland:

Wow

Am sorry if you don't believe that all the Bible is the inspiration of God and the breath of God and the words of God irrespective of who wrote it then am sorry we are not on the same page

We can't make a connection and a conversation if you don't believe all the Bible is from God
I never said all the Bible is not from God. Even the movie Chicken little is inspired by God since All knowledge belongs to God.
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:50pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I never said all the Bible is not from God. Even the movie Chicken little is inspired by God since All knowledge belongs to God.

I said all Bible

I did not say all knowledge get the difference stop mixing things
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:50pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Now when you confirm that you believe all Bible is God's word then we can continue the conversation
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kingsnairaland:
I said all Bible
I did not say all knowledge get the difference stop mixing things
All knowledge is inspired by God implies even all that is written in the Bible is also inspired by God and this you are made to see right there in what is written in it. undecided
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:57pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
All knowledge is inspired by God implies even all that is written in the Bible is also inspired by God and this you are made to see right there in what is written in it. undecided

Bye brother u are not ready to accept the things of God bye take care
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kobojunkie: 10:02pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kingsnairaland:

Bye brother u are not ready to accept the things of God bye take care
And what things are the things of God? Is the Word out of God's own mouth not the things of God? undecided
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:20pm On Jun 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
And what things are the things of God? Is the Word out of God's own mouth not the things of God? undecided

Do you believe in the holy scripture as the ultimate words of God
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:21pm On Jun 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Am talking about Bible

Do you believe it
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On Jun 22, 2021
Kingsnairaland:

Am talking about Bible
Do you believe it
I believe you already know my answer to that question. If you are lookimg for a way to evade the situation, you are free to walk away. undecided
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:30pm On Jun 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:

I don't care about chicken

What is the Bible to u
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kingsnairaland(m): 6:04am On Jun 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I believe you already know my answer to that question. If you are lookimg for a way to evade the situation, you are free to walk away. undecided

I don't know your answer and the fact that you keep running from this question is strange to me
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kingsnairaland(m): 6:06am On Jun 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:

If you ask me my username ten times I will repeat it ten times if u ask me my stand on the Bible I will repeat it Jesus ask Peter three times a question Peter said three times

When you can't say an answer it shows you don't know what u believe
Re: There Are No Demands Of Faith In Christ Except To Believe by Kingsnairaland(m): 6:10am On Jun 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Simple question do you believe every thing in the Bible is from God

(1) (2) (Reply)

WOW!! Angel Caught On Camera During A Crossover Service In Benin Republic (photo / Q&A: Should Christians Drink Alcohol? / When The Bible Says He Wrestled With The Angel, Was It A Physical Fight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.