Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business (3232 Views)

How To Make Millions From Catfish Farming / 200k From Catfish Farming Every 90days / Make Up To 50% Profit From Dry Ponmo Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business by mastervick4glo: 7:23am On Jul 25, 2021
learning
Re: How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business by Educhopper(m): 8:05am On Jul 26, 2021
Thanks for the knowledge you are sharing. May God reward your harvest bountifully.Please include photos of your earthen pond for novices like me. With my lĂ­mited capital i want to learn about earthen pond fish farming since concrete construction cost more. Where is your farm located too? Thanks in avance for your responses.
(quote author=aquadude15 post=104008119]good afternoon.
after a month and half after stocking, in is necessary to do a total flush of the water by pumping all the water in the pond then release fresh water into the pond.
doing this would help reduce ammonia level in the pond which most times leads to infection like fin rot[/quote]
Re: How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business by adexyormait(m): 3:15pm On Jul 28, 2021
AMI3:
God bless you On
Please keep the good work on
what is the average size of tpyour fish and when do you intends go on local feed?
Re: How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business by cattlefarming01: 4:41pm On Jul 28, 2021
The quality of the water in your pond affects the growth and productivity of your catfish.

Without adequate management of water quality, catfish are prone to slow growth, diseases and death.

Most fish health problems occur because of poor water quality, overcrowding, dietary deficiencies leading to stress.

Maintaining the quality of water in your fish pond by using Fish - Zyme helps in prevention of catfish mortality and diseases, creating a stress free healthy environment for it to grow faster.

Fish - Zyme is highly effective in fish pond fertilization and pond conditioning, creating a near aquatic environment for the fish to thrive in the pond.

Fish - Zyme is the best way of maintaining quality water in ponds for fishes, ensuring adequate oxygen supply, reducing water pollution, increasing absorption of nutrient for faster growth in a short period of time.

Why You Should Use Fish -Zyme

Reduces the cost of feeding

Reduces water pollution

Increases oxygen content in pond

Enhances fish growth and weight in a short period.

Reduces rate of water change

Making profits in catfish production is guaranteed by using Fish - Zyme for pond fertilization and feed preparation.

How To Use

For Small Ponds : Simply dilute 1 bottle of Fish - Zyme into 20 litres of water and apply with every change of water, pour into 4 corners of the pond.

For Pond Fertilization : simply dilute 2 bottles into pond fill with water and allow for 72 hours wash and stock

For Feed Preparation : Simply add 20mls to 5kg of feed or sprinkle over the feed

For delivery of the product kindly contact us on +2348033492090 ( Call or WhatsApp)

To learn more about our products visit www.zenithenergyenzyme.com

Re: How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business by Stillwater10: 6:57pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hello house, I just finished building a concrete pond hoping to begin fish farming. I have been told that I will need to treat the pond to kill off the cement before putting the fish.
My confusion now is how to go about it, some are saying I need to use chicken waste while another is saying I should use lime fruit and potassium.
Experts here should please help me on the best approach
Re: How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business by mastervick4glo: 7:29pm On Jul 28, 2021
fill the pond with water and put chicken manure but the manure will be in a bag. remove and wash after like two weeks. good luck
Re: How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business by Stillwater10: 5:17am On Jul 29, 2021
mastervick4glo:
fill the pond with water and put chicken manure but the manure will be in a bag. remove and wash after like two weeks. good luck

Thanks
Re: How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business by AMI3(m): 8:03am On Aug 04, 2021
adexyormait:
what is the average size of tpyour fish and when do you intends go on local feed?

This is the size of my fish.
I stocked the fry on the 27th of May this should be 2 months plus.

Though not all are of this size some are still very small.
I start giving them Ecofloat which is a local feed at one month plus
Re: How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business by aquadude15: 10:25am On Aug 05, 2021
AMI3:

This is the size of my fish.
I stocked the fry on the 27th of May this should be 2 months plus.

Though not all are of this size some are still very small.
I start giving them Ecofloat which is a local feed at one month plus
it is not always advisable to give fishes ecofloat until they are 3 month if you want to breed big fishes.

1 Like

Re: How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business by aquadude15: 10:27am On Aug 05, 2021
my fishes are growing well and they are eating like elephant.
they have consumed all the 10bags of 2mm.
they will be consuming 30bags of bluecrown 3mm before I switch to my local feed.
I will send in pictures soon
Re: How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business by Freddykrueger: 12:19pm On Aug 05, 2021
[s]
aquadude15:
my fishes are 1 month and 17days today.
they have eaten
3 bags of 2mm alleraqua.
5 and half bag of 2mm blue crown
no single mortality
[/s]
1 month 17 days and no mortality for 1200 fishes? Well maybe it's the ignorant ones that will believe this unbelievable story. Meanwhile no pictures to show what you're doing. Well goodluck to this mythical story of yours.
Re: How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business by aquadude15: 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2021
Freddykrueger:
[s][/s]
1 month 17 days and no mortality for 1200 fishes? Well maybe it's the ignorant ones that will believe this unbelievable story. Meanwhile no pictures to show what you're doing. Well goodluck to this mythical story of yours.
congrat to you sir.
don't ever think it will end with payment for more info, because my hands are full.
I will send in pictures when they are 3month old before switching to local
Re: How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business by Freddykrueger: 1:46pm On Aug 05, 2021
aquadude15:

congrat to you sir.
don't ever think it will end with payment for more info, because my hands are full.
I will send in pictures when they are 3month old before switching to local
My friend there's no way you can tell me or any reasonable person that you don't have mortality. Am not interested in your info cuz there's nothing new you have to say except for the newbies here. When you do sort, do well to do a live video of the 1200 juveniles. Till then pls continue in your deceit.
Re: How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business by AMI3(m): 3:38pm On Aug 10, 2021
aquadude15:

it is not always advisable to give fishes ecofloat until they are 3 month if you want to breed big fishes.
Ok thanks noted
Re: How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business by bilag17(m): 12:12am On Aug 11, 2021
aquadude15:
my fishes are 1 month and 17days today.
they have eaten
3 bags of 2mm alleraqua.
5 and half bag of 2mm blue crown
no single mortality

If you had collected 1200 juveniles catfish at reception, did you count to confirm the quantity transferred into the earthen pond?
If seed(juvenile) is from a good/reliable source, and with your own treatment at reception, mortality will be highly reduced. However, in the case of earthen pond, there are likely tendency of cannibalism, which can only be confirmed at harvest, when harvested quantity is usually less than stocked quantity.
If feeding throughout the rearing period of 6months is adequate, then yield at harvest should exceed 1200kg. This is a rough yardstick to measure the success of the rearing cycle.
Re: How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business by bilag17(m): 12:35am On Aug 11, 2021
aquadude15:

-@AMI3:

If the nutritional specification of the feed meets the fish nutritional requirement at the growth stage, it's should be alright. That is the reason why small sizes of feeds -3mm, 4mm, are more expensive (than bigger sizes). Farmers tend to hasten fish growth, by giving a fish that should be on 3mm feed, 6mm feed, and the jump to 9mm. Harvest is extended/ prolonged, when quality, and quantity of feed used are lower than what should be used (in line with feeding and water management techniques).
Re: How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business by bilag17(m): 12:49am On Aug 11, 2021
Stillwater10:
Hello house, I just finished building a concrete pond hoping to begin fish farming. I have been told that I will need to treat the pond to kill off the cement before putting the fish.
My confusion now is how to go about it, some are saying I need to use chicken waste while another is saying I should use lime fruit and potassium.
Experts here should please help me on the best approach

1.Fill with water to the pond level you intend to neutralize the cement effect.
2. Get banana / plantain leaves, or pawpaw leaves, or bitter leaves, and put in the pond water. In 7-10days, you start to see larvae in the pond.
3. Remove the water, flush with fresh water, and your pond is ready for stocking (fingerlings).
However, check the pH of your water. If you don't have means of checking the water pH, fill the pond with water at least 24hours before stocking.
Re: How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business by bilag17(m): 1:16am On Aug 11, 2021
aquadude15:

they are 1200, we are going to 6month.
30% foreign and 70 local

Please, is the 30% foreign (feed) the 3 bags(45kg) of Alleraqua?
Where do we group the 2mm-10 bags(150kg), and the 3mm-30bags(450kg)- Blue Crown feed?
Re: How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business by aquadude15: 6:31am On Aug 11, 2021
bilag17:

Please, is the 30% foreign (feed) the 3 bags(45kg) of Alleraqua?
Where do we group the 2mm-10 bags(150kg), and the 3mm-30bags(450kg)- Blue Crown feed?
the 30% is the total amount of floating feed
Re: How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business by aquadude15: 6:34am On Aug 11, 2021
bilag17:

If you had collected 1200 juveniles catfish at reception, did you count to confirm the quantity transferred into the earthen pond?
If seed(juvenile) is from a good/reliable source, and with your own treatment at reception, mortality will be highly reduced. However, in the case of earthen pond, there are likely tendency of cannibalism, which can only be confirmed at harvest, when harvested quantity is usually less than stocked quantity.
If feeding throughout the rearing period of 6months is adequate, then yield at harvest should exceed 1200kg. This is a rough yardstick to measure the success of the rearing cycle.
you are right sir. my expect biomass would be over 1200kg.

1 Like

Re: How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business by safarifarms(m): 11:01am On Jun 11, 2023
What happened to this interesting thread. Op did you achieve your objective?

I was expecting to read the analysis you had promised.
Re: How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business by Akposkiz: 5:11pm On Jun 11, 2023
Very impressive!

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Cabbage Garden / Coconut Milk Grinding Machine For Sale / Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.