Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,969 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement (62312 Views)

Police Panel To Grill DCP Kyari As US Issues Arrest Warrant / Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement / Saraki And Dogara React To Ortom's Impeachment, Issue Joint Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by Difrent: 2:39pm On Jun 06, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Thoughtless post from a govt ass licker
So you're rejoicing that you have transferred your apron strings from the West to China?
Have you no shame?

You are pained like you masters in the west.... Pele.....take panadol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by maasoap(m): 2:48pm On Jun 06, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

How does that help develop Nigeria? Is transport companies on bad roads, who don't pay tax and who don't properly license their vehicles nor adhere to safety guidelines a means of developing a country?

That's the economic empowerment for you. Or you want me to construct the road leading to your home town?
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by RPG2020(m): 3:26pm On Jun 06, 2021
supportnija:
No be only JOIN statement na SOIN , twitter is somebody business, you can't use your business to underrate the president of a nation

Which nation?
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by webizone(m): 3:36pm On Jun 06, 2021
Bigpat:
If IPOB Kanu can use Twitter to make violent statement and Twitter did not see anything wrong and it was not banned, If Twitter support and sponsor endsars protest, then I think Twitter is not having good intentions for Nigeria, it has the gut to disrespect our president. The action of the President shows we have a leader. China banned Facebook and all was well, what joint statement are they making over just one man business. The problem I see us having here is that the anger of the President is like that of a poor man to a rich man, so he cannot sustain the anger for long unlike China's ban on Facebook, Nigeria practically depends on the super powers, we borrow like hell,we are debtors,we are not strong, we only bark but cannot bark and bite at the same time, the President and his cabinet totally forgot our position. The President who failed to reposition country is now seeing that even the little like Twitter can one day mock him, he should not be surprised, especially when he will be visiting their countries for treatment, when we can equally have everything we needed Nigeria, he has ridiculed Nigeria before the world. It's just that I will not support the enemy against my father even when he has failed, because I made him failed, I did not tell him the truth, that is what the Politicians around him did to him, that is what we as a people did to him. Even if he doesn't like the truth we would have forced it ,on him, the people did it during endsars protest, no one went against the Politicians rather, the Politicians are the real problem of Nigeria, they are so corrupt, they loot,launder our money with nothing to contribute for Nigeria to progress, so we all take blame. We can see what even Ghana is doing to Nigerians in their country, I just pray Nigeria gets better

Please, please and please, cancel all these "we" and put in "I" or "I and my friends". Meanwhile, which politicians did what to who? Did he not have the power and SUFFICIENT TIME (6 months fa, haba!) to select those around him? Is that not another failure on his part? Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by webizone(m): 3:50pm On Jun 06, 2021
maasoap:

When we're ready as people. But Americans or Chinese won't do that for us, we've been hearing foreign investors since when we were kids. You get my drift?

So what and what will lead us to be ready as a people?
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by webizone(m): 3:58pm On Jun 06, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Tell me what you're doing to develop Nigeria maybe I can borrow a leaf

Na natin the guy dey do. Empty people. Na to come here dey brag, lol.
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by webizone(m): 4:02pm On Jun 06, 2021
IJEYdiamond:
Some persons dont even know d after effect of things not even Dubai will protect them when d time comes..

Seriously i wonder how this zimbees relate in world stage likeb G summit meetings.. do international folks interact with these.

Interact ke, watch summit videos and see them sleeping on duty while others are discussing their future join.
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by Odiriance4all(m): 4:33pm On Jun 06, 2021
blinking001:
They can wail for all we care. We the citizens of Nigeria are okay with the ban. We trust our Government wholeheartedly. We know our government can do us no harm. They should focus all their energy on their Chaotic and Amoral society and leave us alone

You will die slow but calm
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by MrFly(m): 5:14pm On Jun 06, 2021
Can anyone tell me the meaning of Twitter?
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by MarketDispatch: 5:14pm On Jun 06, 2021
But why have these Countries not issued joint statement to give free visas without conditions to Nigerians to travel to their country?
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by PROPEACE: 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2021
bluefilm:

So Twitter now has the FULL AUTHORITY to be determining for everyone else when a speech is hate speech and not?

Well, you are entitled to your own opinions but in my own opinion, preventing people from saying/ airing their opinion is tantamount to infringing on people's FREEDOM of Speech.

For your information, Mr. Trump only told his supporters to March Peacefully to the Capitol to cheer and support their brave congressmen.

But Twitter deemed it hate speech and subsequently put Mr. Trump on indefinite ban, and that's okay by you.

If Twitter can ban people based on any flimsy excuse they can come up with, what are you now shitting in your pants when someone now decides to ban Twitter?

Tit for Tat.

Case closed.

Deal with it.
They have the right to determine what is hate speech on their platform. They only admitted you into the platform because you accepted to abide by it's Terms and Conditions. If at anytime you default they have the right to reprimand you. Don't you get that?

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 06, 2021
musa234:
A country that is dependent on other countries for survival.. We don't produce anything, we borrow loan from China like never before. Useless country governed by useless leaders.
We're living in a global village, we all depend on others for other things as they do on us for many things.

U.S has more than $26.trillion debt and the Chinese do own a lot of U.S. debt—about $1.1 trillion as of early 2020. Japan and China own about 5.2% and 4.6% of the U.S. debt, respectively. Japanese-owned debt doesn't receive nearly as much negative attention as Chinese-owned debt, ostensibly because Japan is seen as a friendlier nation and the Japanese economy hasn't been growing at a 7% clip year after year.8 The other countries that hold the most U.S. debt include the U.K., Brazil, and Ireland. So, forget all that debt issues and invest, when it's time to enjoy the debt, enjoy it. Let me help u with the site that can help u see more of U.S heavy debt profile:
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/080615/china-owns-us-debt-how-much.asp
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:37pm On Jun 06, 2021
maasoap:

That's the economic empowerment for you. Or you want me to construct the road leading to your home town?
Who and what are you empowering?
Is that the "economic empowerment" that developed those other countries?
I don't expect you to construct the road leading to my hometown. But if I call out the govt for not doing it while chasing Twitter upandan, I expect you to join me.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:38pm On Jun 06, 2021
Difrent:

You are pained like you masters in the west.... Pele.....take panadol
You're writing the language of my masters in the West with a device made by my masters in the West. I don't think they are pained that they placed a phone in your hands.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by blackslayer: 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Sai Baba now and forever.
Our darling daddy has shown the world that Jack is not his mate.

This Twitter ban will bring more foreign investors to our great country because they are sure that our government can speedily implement declarations.

This Twitter ban has further built my confidence in our darling daddy.
He is a man of his words, in less than 24 hours of declaring the suspension of Twitter's operations in Nigeria, all Telcos have complied and the ban implemented.
Even the Attorney General has cooked up a law for offenders.

But it is not fair that CBN is yet to comply with our darling daddy's declaration of 2015 when he said that as President he will make $1= N1.

It is also not fair that the army is yet to comply with the FG's declaration of Boko Haram being technically defeated.
Our Attorney General should please pass a law that incriminates anyone; bank or individual who exchanges dollars above 1Naira.

Because the speed used in implementing one decree should be the same speed used in implementing other fictitious declarations.

I love your sarcasm! Well thought out!
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by bluefilm: 6:52pm On Jun 06, 2021
PROPEACE:

They have the right to determine what is hate speech on their platform. They only admitted you into the platform because you accepted to abide by it's Terms and Conditions. If at anytime you default they have the right to reprimand you. Don't you get that?

In the same way, the Nigerian government can decide that Twitter is biased when it comes to what it deems Hate speech or not and as a result, the Nigerian government can decide to thrash Twitter and send it to the Recycle Bin.

Why is that so difficult for you to swallow? undecided
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by Whois(m): 10:14pm On Jun 06, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

Again,
Seun Mynd44 Justwise Dominique.
Rule 8.
Rule 2.

Rule 2,18 and 19
@ cc NLPoliceWoman abeg leave my mention, let this be d 3rd n last time u mention me, u can't provoke me thinking I will reply u with insults? E dey ur body. @ LuQuLuQu control ur emotions, ignore him so he will leave my mention please

Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by Whois(m): 6:24am On Jun 07, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

Seun Mynd44 Justwise Dominique.
Rule 2.
Rule 8.

@ cc
NLPoliceWoman are you in pain? an evil agent or what's your point cheesy

Mods see to Rule 19 kiss

Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by Airjanlash21: 8:34am On Jun 07, 2021
We told you guys that he is not Democrat and will never be.. Hope it's never too late...
#BuharimustGo
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by IPIGSRMUMUS: 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2021
[s]
Memberclub:

I'm not igbo you b@stard.

Tell your people to Go back home.
Leave the south alone
[/s]

Brainwashed delusional reta@ded IPIG terrorist monkey denying his yeboo heritage. grin grin grin
Bast@rd nonentity cannibal monkey, son an olosho from Aba baby factory.
Dumbest OSU slave monkey.

STFU and FVCK off.
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by omonnakoda: 12:40pm On Jun 07, 2021
Would they do this if Twitter was a Chinese company?

I doubt it

So why ?

Self Interest

This should be seen for what it is .

A trade issue . Nothing to do with freedom of speech

A country with a market as big as Nigeria cannot allow a foreign company to control so much opinion wthout local accountability

Twitter cannot be allowed to get the powers that it seeks. No one company should.

The West have no problem if the company is one of theirs.

We need to see these issues and envision the consequences in 10, 20 years times leaving Buhari out of the calculus

If there were 1000 Twitters in the world it would be impossible to ban them all

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by Memberclub(m): 1:29pm On Jun 07, 2021
IPIGSRMUMUS:
[s][/s]

Brainwashed delusional reta@ded IPIG terrorist monkey denying his yeboo heritage. grin grin grin
Bast@rd nonentity cannibal monkey, son an olosho from Aba baby factory.
Dumbest OSU slave monkey.

STFU and FVCK off.
It's Time to Go
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by Theoarhics: 4:16pm On Jun 07, 2021
m140:

Wetin you know about abacha

I know wetin u no know
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by m140(m): 5:52pm On Jun 07, 2021
Theoarhics:

I know wetin u no know
Alright sir
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by Bigpat: 7:29am On Jun 13, 2021
webizone:

Please, please and please, cancel all these "we" and put in "I" or "I and my friends". Meanwhile, which politicians did what to who? Did he not have the power and SUFFICIENT TIME (6 months fa, haba!) to select those around him? Is that not another failure on his part? Na wa o.
This piece was not meant for your consumption broda, people read with their eyes but you chose to read with your nose, sorry I cannot help you.
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by Bigpat: 7:09am On Jul 08, 2021
webizone:

I did not include you, I did not mention the Igbos, I am sorry if I did

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun:Asari Dokubo Storms Abonnema To Protect PDP's Votes(pics( / Buhari Dancing With A Lady Without Shoes (Throwback Photo) / Suspended DG NIA Weeps, Barred From Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.