Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,193 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

#TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets (86635 Views)

#TwitterBan: Twitter Removes Endsars Emoji, Deletes Kanu's Hate Tweets / Again, Twitter Deletes President Buhari’s "Genocidal Threat" Video / Twitter Deletes Buhari’s Tweet About Nigerian Civil War - Peoples Gazette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Quelme: 9:19am On Jun 06, 2021
You think everyone is an olosho like yourself
NaijaOlosho:

You think its by drinking cow urine
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Jiroville300: 9:20am On Jun 06, 2021
Sipsum:
Werey la fi nwo werey, twitter got everything mixed up, why is twitter just seeing that Kanu's statement is a violation of twitter rules?.
So if the Nigerian government had not treat their Bleep up, na so the rubbish for continue?.
Shame on twitter, I didn't know that outfit could be this shallow.

Lool .. you are the shallow one .. a tweet is only deleted when it is flagged by people as violating the rules, twitter on its own dont go deleting random tweets .. BMC like you should have reported the tweet and not come and be shouting here ... buhari's tweet was flagged and reported by a large no of Nigerians
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:25am On Jun 06, 2021
Quelme:
You think everyone is an olosho like yourself

I can comfortably feed your family for 3 years without complaining
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Barzinime(m): 9:36am On Jun 06, 2021
How can you see?
When your hypocritical brain is not working.
Nonsense...
vasel15:
i see nothing with what he said,nigerian army are notorious at killing civilians

3 Likes

Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by doublecross(m): 9:37am On Jun 06, 2021
Badsatan:
More tears
your mother weeps
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Barzinime(m): 9:54am On Jun 06, 2021
What is IMF waiting for? You should be employed ASAP
But I know you are jobless ATM.
ityP:

The only person who wants our downfall is this old man. He is the only one breeding the disunity that you're accusing twitter of capitalising on. And no, the old fool didn't respond well. In fact, if he tweets another nonsense, myself and others will flock to report it and it will be deleted. And no, twitter no send the ban. Their value even rose during the ban while our economy dipped more
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Utycar: 10:06am On Jun 06, 2021
ityP:

Fools will always remain fools. You think if the Nigerian people didn't report that nonsense tweet by the president, it would have been removed? Lmao. Twitter no send Una o. Kanu's tweets have been deleted now because people started reporting it. Don't be shallow please. Twitter is not your father's house. No be Buhari papa house too. Anyone wey do anyhow for twitter go see anyhow. And for your info, twitter has nothing to lose. In fact, na naija lose sef

Mr too Sabi how Nigeria take lose?
Now every country will be watching Twitter now in case they misbehave. Think of Twitter losing over MILLIONS of subscribe users. N besides China ban the use of Facebook, Google maps, Instagram, WhatsApp, YouTube, but they waxing stronger why are we killing ourselves with one app out of millions of app on play store

1 Like

Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by pikechukwu6(m): 10:09am On Jun 06, 2021
Fake news, how do you see it and Twitter is ban in the kuntry for over three days now sad sad
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Blackdisciple(m): 10:18am On Jun 06, 2021
wwwmaster:
To be frank he sounds like a terrorist here.
Violence suggesting rubbish of this nature should have no place on the social media.

And you president sounds reasonable abi...!

In Nigeria when you keep mute you will be trampled upon...
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Gamesmart: 10:22am On Jun 06, 2021
TMKsouth:

I don't think there's any room for war-talk on social media, either from the side of government or "opposition". Especially when you vote to slaughter people, how does Twitter even begin to tolerate or defend that?

First of all, I don't necessarily agree with the ban by FG nor agree with Buhari's foolish statement on the platform.

Secondly, Twitter seem to have tolerated and created room for the mentally-ill Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOBites on the platform to have war-talks, haven't they Mr Liberal?

2 Likes

Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by youngpresidooo: 10:30am On Jun 06, 2021
Utycar:

Now every country will be watching Twitter now in case they misbehave. Think of Twitter losing over MILLIONS of subscribe users. N besides China ban the use of Facebook, Google maps, Instagram, WhatsApp, YouTube, but they waxing stronger why are we killing ourselves with one app out of millions of app on play store
it is not about the app. Is the silenting of the citizen. No app in nigeria is like twitter where everyone gets to see your opinion over things
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Sunday2021: 10:31am On Jun 06, 2021
Sharpsecret01:
what different does it make.....u that have a father what have u achieve?ur foolish president has a problem with someone and he is dragging 250million people into it....idiot dont even bother to write on my mention cos i wont read it....fool we get father
any idiot that insult Biden insulted the us and will be treated like a criminal. likewise, any idiot that insult Buhari insult the whole country and we will treat him as an idiot he is. Buhari is the president of this country and any of his action or inaction will affect every Nigerian.
Those of you who hate Buhari are inconsequential. If you do anyhow you see anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by youngpresidooo: 10:32am On Jun 06, 2021
Utycar:

nigerians lost and nigeria lost about 6million dollars in that ban.
Many businesses got lower patronage. Many dev applications built around twitter are having issues. If it doesn't affect you doesn't mean it is not affecting others
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by TMKsouth: 10:39am On Jun 06, 2021
Gamesmart:

First of all, I don't necessarily agree with the ban by FG nor agree with Buhari's foolish statement on the platform.

Secondly, Twitter seem to have tolerated and created room for the mentally-ill Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOBites on the platform to have war-talks, haven't they Mr Liberal?

I dont think I'm qualified to comment on Nigerian politics and secessionists lipsrsealed. So I'll keep my mouth shut, it's a minefield.
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Sharpsecret01: 10:42am On Jun 06, 2021
Sunday2021:
any idiot that insult Biden insulted the us and will be treated like a criminal. likewise, any idiot that insult Buhari insult the whole country and we will treat him as an idiot he is. Buhari is the president of this country and any of his action or inaction will affect every Nigerian.
Those of you who hate Buhari are inconsequential. If you do anyhow you see anyhow.
its so difficult to live in nigeria and reason well....u even try self...most nigerians have commited suicide cos they cant reason well
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by mutvy: 10:43am On Jun 06, 2021
Let us finish these people giving Nigeria bad names.
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Sipsum: 10:45am On Jun 06, 2021
ityP:

Fools will always remain fools. You think if the Nigerian people didn't report that nonsense tweet by the president, it would have been removed? Lmao. Twitter no send Una o. Kanu's tweets have been deleted now because people started reporting it. Don't be shallow please. Twitter is not your father's house. No be Buhari papa house too. Anyone wey do anyhow for twitter go see anyhow. And for your info, twitter has nothing to lose. In fact, na naija lose sef

Your opinion is inconveniential, whoever has something useful should step forward.
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by youngpresidooo: 10:47am On Jun 06, 2021
27Pushing30:
Do you know many tweets have been reported earlier (before)?

Yet twitter did nothing

Don’t come here claiming “someone just reported it” that’s ludicrous
that's a lie. Twitter reacts to every report.
Stop lying to justify youurself
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by youngpresidooo: 10:48am On Jun 06, 2021
27Pushing30:

If you did ANY statistics in school you’d know the term deviants.

So you really think over the past 6 months —-NOBODY has actually reported Kanu’s tweets?

No sit down and think to yourself... so in the past 6 months no tweet has been reported?

Na wa for humans and common sense sha.

Ok ignore this issue ... and before you claim twitter no send Nigerian internal affairs explain WHY Jack Dorsey himself tweeted asking people to donate BITCOIN to endsars protesters. Explain
so tell me who did?
Or did u?
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Gamesmart: 10:50am On Jun 06, 2021
TMKsouth:

I dont think I'm qualified to comment on Nigerian politics and secessionists lipsrsealed. So I'll keep my mouth shut, it's a minefield.

Nonsense!

This is not about commenting on "Nigerian politics and secessionists". It is about Nnamdi Kanu, IPOBites and Biafra-ists who are allowed on Twitter to have war-talks on Twitter and threaten to kill soldiers & Northerners and even insult other tribes on Twitter.

Has Twitter not tolerated and created room for that?

Answer!

1 Like

Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by erubati: 10:51am On Jun 06, 2021
FreedomWinsNow:

He is irrelevant on Twitter yet the Nigerian government shake and tremble each time he sends out a tweet or gives a speech.

Just one man occupying the time of a useless government that should be improving security and the economy.

Oga calm down
He will forever be a COWARD for running away from Nigeria.
If he get balls of steel,he should come to Nigeria to tweet.
I no fit argue with u.if u can tell him to come to Nigeria to tweet,then I will know he is a man
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by youngpresidooo: 10:53am On Jun 06, 2021
Gamesmart:

do you realize that this is a foreign company that don't even know what is happening in nigeria.
They only work based on anything reported.
We have thieves in Nigeria why has the judges not judge them even when they are not brought to the court?
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by youngpresidooo: 10:55am On Jun 06, 2021
Gamesmart:

Nonsense!

This is not about commenting on "Nigerian politics and secessionists". It is about Nnamdi Kanu, IPOBites and Biafra-ists who are allowed on Twitter to have war-talks on Twitter and threaten to kill soldiers & Northerners and even insult other tribes on Twitter.

Answer!
use your brain.
You think twitter reads every message or check every messages?
Nooooo you flag something wrong by reporting. When many of you don't know how to use twitter how will you know that u can be reported?
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Gamesmart: 10:58am On Jun 06, 2021
youngpresidooo:
do you realize that this is a foreign company that don't even know what is happening in nigeria.
They only work based on anything reported.

I think you need to educate yourself on how social media platforms hire staff that monitor content from different geographies and never give that argument of "foreign company" again.

youngpresidooo:

We have thieves in Nigeria why has the judges not judge them even when they are not brought to the court?

Sorry, what sense were you trying to make with this line?

Sounds so off-tangent, you can as well have highlighted how cows are blocking expressways.
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Gamesmart: 10:59am On Jun 06, 2021
youngpresidooo:
use your brain.
You think twitter reads every message or check every messages?
Nooooo you flag something wrong by reporting. When many of you don't know how to use twitter how will you know that u can be reported?

And how in your dumb mind do you know if Nnamdi Kanu's tweet are not repeatedly flagged?

Are you using your brain?
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by TMKsouth: 11:00am On Jun 06, 2021
Gamesmart:

Nonsense!

Answer!

grin grin grin

I've already said I don't support war-talk from either side on social media. How does twitter even begin to distinguish which group is terrorist? undecided

Often groups classified as terrorists by governments or even the US (in its self-imposed role as the world police) are seen as freedom fighters by their supporters. IPOB, Hamas and the ANC have been declared terror groups at some point but to millions of people they are struggle heroes, so how does Twitter balance that act?

So to stay safe, all war-talk should not be tolerated on social media. If twitter has allowed IPOB leaders to threaten lives and property (after it was reported to them) then they have to answer for it.

As for PMB unilaterally suspending Twitter, that's seriously undemocratic (it's strongman tendencies). It makes one question what the role of congress/Senate is in Nigeria. That's were disciplining Twitter was supposed to begin and end.

1 Share

Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by youngpresidooo: 11:02am On Jun 06, 2021
Gamesmart:

I think you need to educate yourself on how social media platforms hire staff that monitor content from different geographies and never give that argument of "foreign company" again.

Sorry, what sense were you trying to make with this line?

Sounds so off-tangent, you can as well have highlighted how cows are blocking expressways.
lolzzzzz , read millions of tweet?
They have staff but they don't read tweets they act on reports.
Have you ever applied for their API before? Sometimes it takes 2weeks to get response from them. Do you know that they have people who are meant to respond to that?
Why did it take that long?
If you don't report a tweet, nothing will be done.
You are just been ignorant.
There was massive report on the president tweet , same happened to Donald trump
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by lexy2014: 11:06am On Jun 06, 2021
Sipsum:
Werey la fi nwo werey, twitter got everything mixed up, why is twitter just seeing that Kanu's statement is a violation of twitter rules?.
So if the Nigerian government had not treat their Bleep up, na so the rubbish for continue?.
Shame on twitter, I didn't know that outfit could be this shallow.

So with all d issues bedeviling Nigeria, from inflation, a failing economy, rising unemployment, kidnappings, failing infrastructure, failure on d part of govt to render public service, corruption e.t.c., it is Twitter that u and d govt feels is d most important issue at hand. As we speak, about 200 school kids are still in captivity. Nigerians can't get something as simple as passport. Electricity is still epileptic in many parts of nigeria. So is deleting buharis tweet a more important issues than d business of governance which this govt has failed at delivering?
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Gamesmart: 11:06am On Jun 06, 2021
TMKsouth:

grin grin grin

I've already said I don't support war-talk from either side on social media. How does twitter even begin to distinguish which group is terrorist? undecided

Often groups classified as terrorists by governments or even the US (in its self-imposed role as the world police) are seen as freedom fighters by their supporters. IPOB, Hamas and the ANC have been declared terror groups at some point but to millions of people they are struggle heroes, so how does Twitter balance that act?

So to stay safe, all war-talk should not be tolerated on social media. If twitter has allowed IPOB leaders to threaten lives and property (after it was reported to them) then they have to answer for it.

As for PMB unilaterally suspending Twitter, that's seriously undemocratic (it's strongman tendencies). It makes one question what the role of congress/Senate is in Nigeria. That's were disciplining Twitter was supposed to begin and end.

Guy, your IQ is not high.

I did not ask you a question about your opinion on what Twitter should allow.

I asked you a question about if Twitter allowed certain opinions or not.

FFS, this is supposed to be a "Progressive". How can you know progress when you are not smart? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by lexy2014: 11:07am On Jun 06, 2021
TMKsouth:

grin grin grin

Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Gamesmart: 11:08am On Jun 06, 2021
youngpresidooo:
lolzzzzz , read millions of tweet?
They have staff but they don't read tweets they act on reports.
Have you ever applied for their API before? Sometimes it takes 2weeks to get response from them. Do you know that they have people who are meant to respond to that?
Why did it take that long?
If you don't report a tweet, nothing will be done.
You are just been ignorant.
There was massive report on the president tweet , same happened to Donald trump

Another foolish response.

How do you know if there are no repeated reports of Mazi Lunatics tweets?

Your foolishness does not let you know such an organisation would not treat the risk of wrong tweet from every user equally?
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by lexy2014: 11:10am On Jun 06, 2021
Gamesmart:
So the Liberal Twitter now see the need to be balanced and not just focus on silencing conservative & groups perceived as "the more powerful party".

@tmksouth come and see your victim-defenders and SJWs o.

Balanced in what sense? What is d procedure Twitter follows for deleting tweets?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

FFK And Stella Oduah Are Looking For This Boy With A Sonorous Voice / Festus Keyamo: How I Bought My House In The US / Abba Kyari: Was Kemi Olunloyo Right About Death In Aso Rock?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.