Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

#TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets (86720 Views)

#TwitterBan: Twitter Removes Endsars Emoji, Deletes Kanu's Hate Tweets / Again, Twitter Deletes President Buhari’s "Genocidal Threat" Video / Twitter Deletes Buhari’s Tweet About Nigerian Civil War - Peoples Gazette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Caseless: 6:11pm On Jun 06, 2021
People compare what Twitter did to Trump with that of Buhari. Trump was goading his supporters to attack, Buhari was only telling terrorists in the east the implications of their actions and how the government would react. IPOB is a terrorist group. Americans can't tell us who to designate as terrorists. I'm sure Jack won't delete the tweet of Trump if he says they're going to clampdown on hamas even though we know hamas is not a terrorist group(they're fighting occupation), but America has designated them as such, so they treat them according to the designation.

You can't tell America to see a good man they've designated as a terrorist in that light of goodness.
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Gamesmart: 6:15pm On Jun 06, 2021
lexy2014:

U didn't answer my question. Pls take note of "as far as this discussion is concerned" in d question below. If u aren't sure of that, pls take a look at d heading of d thread

So who are those that fit into d following category as far as this discussion is concerned?:

"conservative/right-wing/member of dominant groups' views or wrong statements, while tolerating similar but opposite liberal/left-wing/member of "victim" groups' views or wrong statements."

The real question is: Tell me what are the achievements of home-based players in CAN, WAFU, ACL etc. that shows they are worthy as the main base for selection to represent Nigeria instead of the foreign-based players.

grin grin grin
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Gamesmart: 6:16pm On Jun 06, 2021
youngpresidooo:
change your name

You are dumb

Pure cretin, you have no answer to the question?

You be "Giant in tech world" na.

Dumb but boastful, useless "yoots". grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 06, 2021
ityP:

Well, Buhari is actually making it very easy to separate this nation. I love all that is happening in the east and in naija as a whole, very soon, the long anticipated division from this useless contraption would be effected. And yes, na only us waka come. Without the south, the north would crumble. Una wey dey reason like cows?

Go home
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 06, 2021
LibertyRep:
Twitter wouldn't have noticed and deleted Buhari's post but for the people who reported the post.

Same thing for Kanu's post, the FG should have reported that earlier.

Twitter has millions of users, how will Jack and his comrades effectively police the app against misuse if offenders aren't reported?

@MBuhari shouldn't take it personally. Even if he does, he shouldn't drag the rest of us into the personal clash he has with the bird app.
Facebook has more but they still ban posts and comments that are vulgar, I remember one time I tried to make a post they did not even allow the post to go through because they called it "misogynistic". Facebook might violate privacy but they are far better than that useless Twitter.
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by TMKsouth: 7:40pm On Jun 06, 2021
Gamesmart:

So when he was being corrupt, they did fuckall because "they felt it did not affect them", but you are making some stupid boast that such will not happen in SA.

But firing 3 Finance Minister affected them?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

"Progressive", your IQ is really low.

When Trump was being dumb in America his followers allowed it until people stormed the Capitol, that's when some turned against him. People need a visible shock to the system and the Zuma finance ministers saga was just that. A president switching off Twitter is also one of those things with a definite and visible impact that most people will not tolerate.

You keep calling me dumb but you're actually the one who lacks analytical skills - reading between the lines.

Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by TMKsouth: 7:45pm On Jun 06, 2021
Gamesmart:

You never back down, but you run when you are asked to demonstrate your intellectual "views"?

I didn't run, I actually have a life outside Nairaland, believe it or not. I asked u to write the same thesis you're demanding from me and my in-tray is still as empty as your brain. cool
So I'm busy little kid, I'm only answering in a tiny bits at the moment and daddy will attend to u when he's ready ok?!
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by TMKsouth: 7:45pm On Jun 06, 2021
plaindealer:

The president made the right call, terrorist killing and threatening Nigeria and the security of Nigeria on a social media platform operating within the walls of Nigeria called for immediate remedies by the Nigerian government to protect Nigerians and Nigeria in general.

Only one man is charged by the Nigerian constitution to make such decisions and that person is the president of Nigeria, not the congress or another arm of government.

The Nigerian constitution permits the president to make executive decisions or take executive actions especially when it comes to National security, it's one of the cornerstones of democracies, it's done every day in America where we copied democracy from.

America and even Twitter won't allow any declared terrorist group to use any social media platform to threaten Americans, call for the destruction of America.

Twitter won't allow Al-Qaeda, ISIS or the Taliban to use their platform to terrorize American citizens, to give orders to kill American citizens, but they allow such deeds because Nigeria is just another African country that they don't have to respect or account to, our lives and existences as Nigerians mean little or nothing to them.

If that ipob terrorist tried this rubbish with America, the US president won't give orders to the Navy SEALS or special forces to apprehend him from where ever on the surface of the earth for terrorist acts against America and send him to prison for the rest of his life especially if his actions necessitated the death of any American.... ..but here we have terrorists and his killers actually slaughtering and killing Nigerians, burning down and destroying public institutions, murdering our troops and security forces and you think America, the UK and all the useless countries singing their hypocritical joint letter rubbish will allow that

Before your next post, google and read up on executive decisions and let's take it from there.

It's OK not to like your government here in Nigeria, but have a little pride in yourself as a Nigerian, you should never allow TECH platforms controlled by one person trample all over you or promote your total destruction as a people and country.

Will respond in due time.
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Sipsum: 8:26pm On Jun 06, 2021
Difrent:

So y'all have been saying without proof.

I'm sure Nnamdi kanus tweets must have been reported in the past but twitter hiding under freedom of expression did not do anything about it

Once again kudos to nigeria government for the brain resetting ban, twitter will now know not to mess with Nigeria either citizens or government

When the Israel palestine fracas breaks out, all the video evidences of Israel outright brutality and human rights violations, that were uploaded by the Palestinians into facebook and twitter, were all deleted and even uploaders residential address were sent to Israeli police.
The police came and started brutalizing these uploaders, some were even shot dead.
Compromising people's anonymity is also a way of protecting " freedom of speech " I supposed?.
This life no just balance, if you don't protect your interest, others will not just take you for a ride, they will have you for a dinner.
Way to go PMB.

1 Like

Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Gamesmart: 8:42pm On Jun 06, 2021
TMKsouth:

When Trump was being dumb in America his followers allowed it until people stormed the Capitol, that's when some turned against him. People need a visible shock to the system and the Zuma finance ministers saga was just that. A president switching off Twitter is also one of those things with a definite and visible impact that most people will not tolerate.

You keep calling me dumb but you're actually the one who lacks analytical skills - reading between the lines.

You are cretin! Which followers of Trump turned against him when Capitol was stormed? What BS are you selling? grin

You are grasping at straws to defend your stuuuuupid statements, "Progressive".

So the same SAcans can keep quiet for years while ANC looted freely and Zuma was openly destroying by appointing cronies to them are the ones you want to boast don't take nonsense? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Gamesmart: 8:43pm On Jun 06, 2021
TMKsouth:

I didn't run, I actually have a life outside Nairaland, believe it or not. I asked u to write the same thesis you're demanding from me and my in-tray is still as empty as your brain. cool
So I'm busy little kid, I'm only answering in a tiny bits at the moment and daddy will attend to u when he's ready ok?!

You are stupid! So in your school in SA when you are asked for your views, you write in your exam papers "Please tell me yours", low-IQ "Progressive"? cheesy
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by lexy2014: 8:48pm On Jun 06, 2021
Gamesmart:

The real question is: Tell me what are the achievements of home-based players in CAN, WAFU, ACL etc. that shows they are worthy as the main base for selection to represent Nigeria instead of the foreign-based players.

grin grin grin
m

U didn't answer my question. Pls take note of "as far as this discussion is concerned" in d question below. If u aren't sure of that, pls take a look at d heading of d thread

So who are those that fit into d following category as far as this discussion is concerned?:

"conservative/right-wing/member of dominant groups' views or wrong statements, while tolerating similar but opposite liberal/left-wing/member of "victim" groups' views or wrong statements."
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by ityP(m): 9:02pm On Jun 06, 2021
Speaktruth88:

Go home

K
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Ugandatales: 11:21pm On Jun 06, 2021
buckeyemedia:
Or Nigeria? We beat them to it, they should enjoy their suspension, [b]Jack Dorsey thinks he is the only one that sniffs cocaine? [/b]Two can play that game.

grin
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:49am On Jun 07, 2021
ityP:

Fool. By install, I'm mean aggressive pr for Buhari. You BMC should be applying sense to things. Read between lines. Na so dem take sell Buhari for una angry
your are goat it means you brain is filled with Saw dust... What useless PR are u talking of how many people know them rubbish from a fool...
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by ityP(m): 5:38am On Jun 07, 2021
OGHENAOGIE:
your are goat it means you brain is filled with Saw dust... What useless PR are u talking of how many people know them rubbish from a fool...

Lmao. You are a cow brother. You think Buhari no know wetin him dey do when e ban twitter? Goan check the following of those guys, maybe then your cow brain will understand. Bye for now
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 07, 2021
Badsatan:
Hunger, Ignorance and Cheap data na im dey worry you.

I won't force you to become literate.

Have a nice day!

Thank you for telling us your problem. Should I say a prayer to keep them perpetual with you?
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Gamesmart: 7:25am On Jun 07, 2021
lexy2014:
m

grin grin grin
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:50am On Jun 07, 2021
ityP:

Lmao. You are a cow brother. You think Buhari no know wetin him dey do when e ban twitter? Goan check the following of those guys, maybe then your cow brain will understand. Bye for now
following u are really stupid and foolish... Without their support buhari got 12m votes 2011... Only an idiot thinks omojuwa and dipo influence buhari victory...
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by ibietela2(m): 8:51am On Jun 07, 2021
OmoManU:

Mumu stop famzing with the Niger Delta people they said they'd rather die than join hands with the braggadocios you people, Wike have said numerous times, Asari said it, all the voices of Niger Delta right left and center said they don't know you people and have you people heard of the roles played by Isaac Boro during the civil war? In short stop displaying your ignorance In public, you have a very disadvantaged region by nature, the chaos that would erupt inside the tiny enclosure will just consumed you all, u better just start loving and respecting your neighbors

imagine, even with my name and response he still thinks I am Igbo abi IPOB (una regular tag)
hehehehe

i pity for you.
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by lexy2014: 11:19am On Jun 07, 2021
Gamesmart:

grin grin grin

Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Gamesmart: 12:44pm On Jun 07, 2021
lexy2014:

grin grin grin
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by lexy2014: 1:07pm On Jun 07, 2021
Gamesmart:

grin grin grin

Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by ityP(m): 2:35pm On Jun 07, 2021
OGHENAOGIE:
following u are really stupid and foolish... Without their support buhari got 12m votes 2011... Only an idiot thinks omojuwa and dipo influence buhari victory...

Even your useless President knows the influence these influencers wield that's why he banned twitter but not Facebook. Your idiotic self doesn't recognize it though. And come o, why didn't the 12M votes in 2011 secure the dullard presidency then?. Have sense for once abeg
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:47pm On Jun 07, 2021
ityP:

Even your useless President knows the influence these influencers wield that's why he banned twitter but not Facebook. Your idiotic self doesn't recognize it though. And come o, why didn't the 12M votes in 2011 secure the dullard presidency then?. Have sense for once abeg
you should be stupid to know that omojuwa and dipo didn't influence anything... U should be idiotic to not reason on ur own is omujuwa not Human like u...
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by ityP(m): 5:06pm On Jun 07, 2021
OGHENAOGIE:
you should be stupid to know that omojuwa and dipo didn't influence anything... U should be idiotic to not reason on ur own is omujuwa not Human like u...

This one no get sense. Next!
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Gamesmart: 7:29pm On Jun 07, 2021
lexy2014:

grin grin grin
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by lexy2014: 7:33pm On Jun 07, 2021
Gamesmart:

grin grin grin

Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by TMKsouth: 9:39pm On Jun 07, 2021
plaindealer:

The president made the right call, terrorist killing and threatening Nigeria and the security of Nigeria on a social media platform operating within the walls of Nigeria called for immediate remedies by the Nigerian government to protect Nigerians and Nigeria in general.

Only one man is charged by the Nigerian constitution to make such decisions and that person is the president of Nigeria, not the congress or another arm of government.

The Nigerian constitution permits the president to make executive decisions or take executive actions especially when it comes to National security, it's one of the cornerstones of democracies, it's done every day in America where we copied democracy from.

America and even Twitter won't allow any declared terrorist group to use any social media platform to threaten Americans, call for the destruction of America.

Twitter won't allow Al-Qaeda, ISIS or the Taliban to use their platform to terrorize American citizens, to give orders to kill American citizens, but they allow such deeds because Nigeria is just another African country that they don't have to respect or account to, our lives and existences as Nigerians mean little or nothing to them.

If that ipob terrorist tried this rubbish with America, the US president won't give orders to the Navy SEALS or special forces to apprehend him from where ever on the surface of the earth for terrorist acts against America and send him to prison for the rest of his life especially if his actions necessitated the death of any American.... ..but here we have terrorists and his killers actually slaughtering and killing Nigerians, burning down and destroying public institutions, murdering our troops and security forces and you think America, the UK and all the useless countries singing their hypocritical joint letter rubbish will allow that

Before your next post, google and read up on executive decisions and let's take it from there.

It's OK not to like your government here in Nigeria, but have a little pride in yourself as a Nigerian, you should never allow TECH platforms controlled by one person trample all over you or promote your total destruction as a people and country.

You made interesting points, some of which I was not aware of such as executive orders in Nigeria. I always saw Trump holding up his signature everytime he signed one of those.

I'm South African, and from the start of this thread I did mention to Gamesmart (the moniker who tagged me into this thread) that I was reluctant to comment on Nigerian politics coz I'm not competent at it, but he literally forced me to.

So in SA we don't have executive orders and don't follow the American form of democracy. But the objection I would have with your post is that PMB still had the option of instructing twitter to delete posts by known insurgents instead of punishing the entire country by putting down twitter. He went nuclear on twitter and innocent tweeps at first notice. In that regard he has failed as a leader to motivate the entire country to rally behind him on this decision, and has instead further divided the country (judging by the reaction on NL). And I know he can't please everyone all the time, but it appears he didn't even attempt to. He's the leader of all Nigerians at the end of the day.
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by Gamesmart: 6:41am On Jun 08, 2021
lexy2014:

grin grin grin
Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by lexy2014: 8:55am On Jun 08, 2021
Gamesmart:

grin grin grin

Re: #TwitterBan: Twitter Deletes Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:39am On Jun 08, 2021
ityP:

This one no get sense. Next!
akuya kowai

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo: How I Bought My House In The US / Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire / MC Tagwaye And His Twin Brother At APC Convention With DSS Operatives (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.