Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,440 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:57 AM

Homelessness In The USA - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Homelessness In The USA (3318 Views)

Should I Still Travel To The USA? / Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) / What Can A Young Lawyer Do In Canada, The USA, Newzealand Or Australia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homelessness In The USA by EgunMogaji2: 6:39pm On Jun 08, 2021
TheEnforcer:
I live in the US myself and there's nothing misleading in my statement. Different strokes for different folks.And no matter what the OP says,he lived a good life here before retiring home.He just brought the homelessness topic out of the blue .There are homeless people everywhere and even most of the homeless ones here are the drug addicts etc.I have never seen a homeless Nigerian here and I've lived in a couple of states.Just the white trash ,dug addict "akatas" and co.And even the government does it's best to put them in shelters.Ultimately,there is a better chance of succeeding here that in Nigeria, if you are conscientious and hardworking .And one can rise to any level.Come and see people from run down countries with big businesses and even employing Americans.

Lies grin

I didn’t wash corpses and was deported anymore? cheesy

There’s no time limit on compassion. I can start any topic on any subject and at any time as I see fit.

2 Likes

Re: Homelessness In The USA by Richdee1(m): 8:46pm On Jun 08, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Amazing, I feel honored that out of 2.7 million NairaLanders it is me that you notice. Maybe I should play the lottery cheesy

I'm an Arden reader on travel thread, forget honorarium, talk true, wetin USA do you?

1 Like

Re: Homelessness In The USA by EgunMogaji2: 8:54pm On Jun 08, 2021
Richdee1:

I'm an Arden reader on travel thread, forget honorarium, talk true, wetin USA do you?

Because I’m compassionate about homelessness means USA do me something?

I’ll advise that you change your mindset about me. Or not.

1 Like

Re: Homelessness In The USA by Richdee1(m): 9:03pm On Jun 08, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Because I’m compassionate about homelessness means USA do me something?

I’ll advise that you change your mindset about me. Or not.

OGA let's forget this thread you created, you've been against USA since you came back to Nigeria

Talk true Wetin USA do you?
If you no get meaningful thing to say

Rest!!
Re: Homelessness In The USA by CryptoRepublic1: 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2021
San Francisco is a terrible place atm the rate of homelessness in San Francisco now will blow you away.i think that homelessness is now a global crisis and I think that it's going to be worse as the global population continues to grow.

1 Like

Re: Homelessness In The USA by CryptoRepublic1: 9:19pm On Jun 08, 2021
pocohantas:

Ahnahn. No be juju be that?

Is there a reason for this? Maybe they are mentally ill or something is pursuing them inside. This is not normal behaviour at all.

It's not about juju or anything, those shelters are filled with addicts,alcoholics and thieves, that's why most people would prefer sleeping outside than in there.
Re: Homelessness In The USA by EgunMogaji2: 9:21pm On Jun 08, 2021
Richdee1:

OGA let's forget this thread you created, you've been against USA since you came back to Nigeria

Talk true Wetin USA do you?
If you no get meaningful thing to say

Rest!!

You’re confused grin

I have more in the USA than I’ll ever have in Nigeria.

I don’t know why you let my matter choke you cool

I’ll never stop posting so control your pressure cause you’re in for a long ride Oga mi cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Homelessness In The USA by Richdee1(m): 9:35pm On Jun 08, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

You’re confused grin

I have more in the USA than I’ll ever have in Nigeria.

I don’t know why you let my matter choke you cool

I’ll never stop posting so control your pressure cause you’re in for a long ride Oga mi cheesy

CHOKE ME??
LOL

ME AND YOU NO GET ISSUE! WE DEY HERE
Re: Homelessness In The USA by JeffreyJunior: 9:41pm On Jun 08, 2021
CryptoRepublic1:
San Francisco is a terrible place atm the rate of homelessness in San Francisco now will blow you away.i think that homelessness is now a global crisis and I think that it's going to be worse as the global population continues to grow.
The rate at which homelessness grow in San Francisco and Oakland is alarming.

Newsome needs to do something about rent in those cities before they conclude his recall. People who earn 50k and less are either in section 8 homes or homeless.

1 Like

Re: Homelessness In The USA by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 09, 2021
TheEnforcer:
I live in the US myself and there's nothing misleading in my statement. Different strokes for different folks.And no matter what the OP says,he lived a good life here before retiring home.He just brought the homelessness topic out of the blue .There are homeless people everywhere and even most of the homeless ones here are the drug addicts etc.I have never seen a homeless Nigerian here and I've lived in a couple of states.Just the white trash ,dug addict "akatas" and co.And even the government does it's best to put them in shelters.Ultimately,there is a better chance of succeeding here that in Nigeria, if you are conscientious and hardworking .And one can rise to any level.Come and see people from run down countries with big businesses and even employing Americans.

Nice, hopefully I'll be able to visit someday and have a cup of coffee. Why do you get stressed about someone else's posts or threads. It would be better if you create counter threads or simply make your comments. I would also do all I can to bring as many people as possible to the US. I guess you're doing just that. I never said said your statement was misleading, I said your post sounded like someone who had wishes to travel but knowing not possible, your best excuse is to blame someone else's posts. I have never met any Nigerian who told me they read a post and so decided not to travel again but I've met a lot who told me they wished they had more honest information before they travel.

Back to the topic, I spend a minimum of 8 hours in rendering humanitarian services every month and so I'm able to relate with homelessness or other ills of the society. Many Nigerians I know live a triangular life. They're more concerned about other things than offering unpaid services. But one thing I tell every one is let's show a little kindness. One human at a time. Find out what change you can make in people's lives and maybe we can make the world a better place.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

France Student Visa Inquiry / Amazing Beaches To Checkout In Lekki / Process Of Applying For Sweden Student Visa Without Admission Letter Except Admi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.