Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,879 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open (22113 Views)

Tokyo 2020: Nigeria’s First Olympics Gymnast, Uche Eke Crashes Out / Nigeria's D'Tigress Crashes Out Of FIBA Women's Championship After Losing To USA / Serena Williams Banned From Wearing Catsuit At French Open (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by nairavsdollars(f): 7:20pm On Jun 06, 2021
Aunty should go and rest

2 Likes

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by Kaodek(m): 7:20pm On Jun 06, 2021
Nothing last forever
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by FBIBOT(m): 7:20pm On Jun 06, 2021
Thought she is retired self....

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by kobabe(m): 7:23pm On Jun 06, 2021
gameboy727:
Quite happy with Serena's exit. For some unknown reason, I don't want her to equal Margaret Court's record of 24 grand slams.

How many does Serena have now
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by Julianaa: 7:23pm On Jun 06, 2021
All the big players are out
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by iampeterben(m): 7:23pm On Jun 06, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Make this mama go retire.

She has done her best for the game
Swears
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by lasisi69(f): 7:24pm On Jun 06, 2021
gameboy727:
Quite happy with Serena's exit. For some unknown reason, I don't want her to equal Margaret Court's record of 24 grand slams.
what's the meaning of this ?? You can only wish people well or keep quiet... Someone might also be praying for your downfall... Reason you wonder why you ain't growing undecided

3 Likes

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by tnerro1(m): 7:24pm On Jun 06, 2021
She just wants no 24 to match the record. Put your mind on the game and not on the record

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by mamagee3(f): 7:25pm On Jun 06, 2021
gameboy727:
So you want a white woman to outshine our black queen?

Don’t you want a black athlete to prevail at something over a white privileged Margaret Court who did not face the younger and more energetic players? undecided

I still think she will match the record at Wimbledon.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by Ezelect: 7:25pm On Jun 06, 2021
There's no champion forever
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by gameboy727(m): 7:26pm On Jun 06, 2021
kobabe:

How many does Serena have now

23 grand slams

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by gameboy727(m): 7:29pm On Jun 06, 2021
mamagee3:

So you want a white woman to outshine our black queen?

Don’t you want a black athlete to prevail at something over a white privileged Margaret Court who did not face the younger and more energetic players?

I still think she will match the record at Wimbledon.

We'll see about that.

Honestly, I thought this was the biggest chance she had to win her 24th with the absence of Simona Halep and the unfortunate exit of Osaka and Petra Kvitova.
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by Reference(m): 7:30pm On Jun 06, 2021
She may never get that Margaret Court record.

When she decided for a family a few years ago I knew something had to give. You simply cannot have it all.

Having a child at that age in your career has consequences and she has never played to championship levels since then.

Steffi Graf and Kim Clijsters were classic examples of the friction between life and sports.

4 Likes

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 06, 2021
jaeyking:
Serene Williams. I think you should retire from the game for a year or two.
Den make a comeback.

Atleast with that resting period you can better understand the top seeded players game tactics and make better counter tactics for yourself

She is worn-out

Its time to retire finally

She is the greatest in the sport and aint seeing anyone strong enough to break that record in next 2 decades

She has paid her dues.

3 Likes

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by mamagee3(f): 7:34pm On Jun 06, 2021
gameboy727:

We'll see about that.

Honestly, I thought this was the biggest chance she had to win her 24th with the absence of Simona Halep and the unfortunate exit of Osaka and Petra Kvitova.
Osaka cannot beat Serena on grass surface... Osaka is only best on the hard courts. That’s the reason she never made it past the fourth round at Roland Garros.

Petra Kvitova has lost her edge on being competitive and pulling consistent wins when playing top ten players just like Simona Halep.

I believe Serena has the best chance at Wimbledon.
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by sammytovic(m): 7:34pm On Jun 06, 2021
Somebody should help to view the highlight or suggest site to download the highlight
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by blazepascal(m): 7:35pm On Jun 06, 2021
She cant rule forever. there will be a time messi and Ronaldo will start playing from bench.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by ToyinDipo(m): 7:38pm On Jun 06, 2021
Serena can't win any GS again, WTA now has a lot of heavy hitters, which was the major edge Serena had over her previous competitors.
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by Zhongkui2: 7:42pm On Jun 06, 2021
This woman should retire already
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by omoyeni37: 7:42pm On Jun 06, 2021
Well, nothing they say, lasts forever cry cry
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by unmask: 7:42pm On Jun 06, 2021
Good riddance
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by Eriokanmi: 7:43pm On Jun 06, 2021
It's high time this madam retired before her younger ones humiliate her out of that game
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by unmask: 7:44pm On Jun 06, 2021
mamagee3:

Osaka cannot beat Serena on grass surface... Osaka is only best on the hard courts. That’s the reason she never made it past the fourth round at Roland Garros.

Petra Kvitova has lost her edge on being competitive and pulling consistent wins when playing top ten players just like Simona Halep.

see beer parlour analysis.....the woman ain't winning jack
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by Phut(f): 7:46pm On Jun 06, 2021
gameboy727:
Serena is the Great Female Tennis Player of All time. Margaret Court does not even come close.

Margaret Court won most of her titles before Open Season. That meant that Margaret Court won some of those titles, against amateur players. She also won 11 of those titles at the Australian championships. At the time she won them, International players refused to participate in the Australian finals because of the distance to Australia, as well as the fact that the prize money was too little.

Serena won all her titles since the inception of Open season, where the competition has been international, with international grade opponents. NEVER COMPARE APPLES TO ORANGES.

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by gameboy727(m): 7:46pm On Jun 06, 2021
mamagee3:

Hopefully Serena brings her A game to Wimbledon. Her skills and experience will play a huge role in her potential path to victory. Even though I think old age is her Achilles heel now.
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by juman(m): 7:47pm On Jun 06, 2021
Respect to all of them.
Operating at that level is special.
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by money121(m): 7:47pm On Jun 06, 2021
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brazil Vs Mexico: Confederation Cup - (2 - 0) On 19th June 2013 / Pictures And Videos Of The 7th Asisat Oshoala Football Clinic & All-Star Match. / FIFA Qatar 2022 Worldcup Semi-final Fixtures And Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.