Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,299 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open (22136 Views)

Tokyo 2020: Nigeria’s First Olympics Gymnast, Uche Eke Crashes Out / Nigeria's D'Tigress Crashes Out Of FIBA Women's Championship After Losing To USA / Serena Williams Banned From Wearing Catsuit At French Open (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by luminouz(m): 7:50pm On Jun 06, 2021
See those cowards up there advising her to rest!

You think she got to 23 Slams by being weak or undetermined?

It's about her dream and goal, you mudafuckers grin

True greats don't give up or quit.

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by gameboy727(m): 7:50pm On Jun 06, 2021
Phut:

Serena is the Great Female Tennis Player of All time. Margaret Court does not even come close.

Margaret Court won most of her titles before Open Season. That meant that Margaret Court won some of those titles, against amateur players. She also won 11 of those titles at the Australian championships. At the time she won them, International players refused to participate in the Australian finals because of the distance to Australia, as well as the fact that the prize money was too little.

Serena won all her titles since the inception of Open season, where the competition has been international, with international grade opponents. NEVER COMPARE APPLES TO ORANGES.

Lol. I wasn't comparing both of them sef. Truly Court had it easy during her time but it still doesn't changes the fact that she's the record holder for most grand slams.

I think if both she and Serena were to play in the same era, Serena would have been the more successful one.

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by Taiwojon(m): 7:51pm On Jun 06, 2021
Upon say Osaka no dey.

Anyway
People will always disappoint but God can NEVER FAIL.

Jesus the messiah paid it all for your redemption. Repent from your sins. The Father, Son and the Spirit calleth thee
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by Phut(f): 7:51pm On Jun 06, 2021
SARSCoV2:

She is worn-out

Its time to retire finally

She is the greatest in the sport and aint seeing anyone strong enough to break that record in next 2 decades

She has paid her dues.
Yeah, you do have a point. Serena should have finished out her playing career, before she had children. She would have 26 or more grand slams, by now. She would still have her child, albeit younger.

I say this because pregnancy destroys the abdominal/core muscles. A weak core = weaker body/less power and speed.

3 Likes

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by LesbianBoy(m): 7:51pm On Jun 06, 2021
Serena and Messi have something in common. They refuse to accept that somethings in life are not meant to be. Instead of them to retire they keep embarrassing themselves.

Meanwhile this serena sabi tempt person sha. Just negodu that first picture the OP posted.....Chai. It's just doing me to go and chook and fvck away tongue grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by kayusely70(m): 7:53pm On Jun 06, 2021
She has paid her dues and should call it quits and face motherhood.
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by skondo(m): 7:54pm On Jun 06, 2021
Pls i need help for my mother treatment,she is suffering from stroke. I have exhausted all I have on her treatment. If God lay it in your heart to help me pls. Gtbank:0115737430,umonta nsikak
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by Phut(f): 7:54pm On Jun 06, 2021
I
gameboy727:

Lol. I wasn't comparing both of them sef. Truly Court had it easy during her time but it still doesn't changes the fact that she's the record holder for most grand slams.

[b]I think if both she and Serena were to play in the same era, Serena would have been the more [/b]successful one.
So then, why would you be happy that there is a chink through which to attack or impugn the record of the obviously better player that is SERENA?
Do you love injustice or you are just telling porkies?
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by mamagee3(f): 7:56pm On Jun 06, 2021
unmask:
see beer parlour analysis.....the woman ain't winning jack
Who cares?

She’s a legend anyway...tell those young teenage players that happen to defeat her on her off day to win ten grand slams before they can even be fit enough to tie Serena tennis shoe laces... grin

Serena beat herself today, her serve wasn’t even up to average...this is the reason these young players always advance. The only person that can beat Serena fair and square based on skill is Osaka and she can only beat her only on the hard courts and that is on a bad awful day. grin

2 Likes

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by Ishilove: 7:56pm On Jun 06, 2021
fergie001:
Serena made her Roland Garros debut in 1998, a year before Roger Federer...and a year before Elena Rybakina was born.

Serena in 1998.
Is it my eyes or did Serena become more muscular?
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by mamagee3(f): 7:59pm On Jun 06, 2021
Phut:

Yeah, you do have a point. Serena should have finished out her playing career, before she had children. She would have 26 or more grand slams, by now. She would still have her child, albeit younger.

I say this because pregnancy destroys the abdominal/core muscles. A weak core = weaker body/less power and speed.
If she had her child about one year after maybe like in 2018 instead, she could have smashed that record...

Mind you, she was five weeks pregnant when she won number 23...the woman was born to play tennis. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by unmask: 8:01pm On Jun 06, 2021
mamagee3:

Who cares?

She’s a legend anyway...tell those young teenage players that happen to defeat her on her off day to win ten grand slams before they can even be fit enough to tie Serena tennis shoe laces... grin

Serena beat herself today, her serve wasn’t even up to average...this is the reason these young players always advance. The only person that can beat Serena fair and square based on skill is Osaka and she can only beat her only on the hard courts and that is on a bad awful day. grin
lol seems you missed her match against Halep 2 years ago.

How do the yoruba's put that statement again

Something about sare kabakaba.....yea Serena "Sared" kabakaba that day
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by Phut(f): 8:02pm On Jun 06, 2021
UncleKoboko:
sad

Serena has tried.

She's a living legend.

She should just retire honourably, and stop allowing all these agile young girls to use her shine.
She is indeed a living legend. I see what you are saying about not letting some of the younger players take her shine. It’s a difficult decision - knowing when to fold them as opposed to folding too easily. Serena is a fierce competitor - hopefully she makes the best decision for herself

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by unmask: 8:02pm On Jun 06, 2021
mamagee3:

If she had her child about one year after maybe like in 2018 instead, she could have smashed that record...

Mind you, she was five weeks pregnant when she won number 23...the woman was born to play tennis. undecided
Well she can leave now....we tired of seeing her
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by mamagee3(f): 8:04pm On Jun 06, 2021
unmask:
lol seems you missed her match against Halep 2 years ago.

How do the yoruba's put that statement again

Something about sare kabakaba.....yea Serena "Sared" kabakaba that day
I don’t need to go all the way back to two years when I watched the one from this year’s Australian Open when Serena beat her in straight sets. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by gameboy727(m): 8:04pm On Jun 06, 2021
Phut:
I
So then, why would you be happy that there is a chink through which to attack or impugn the record of the obviously better player that is SERENA?
Do you love injustice or you are just telling porkies?

I can't tell you why, because I don't know why. Confusing right? (lol)

I'm no hater of Serena though. She's the best the female player the sport has ever seen.
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by Phut(f): 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2021
mamagee3:

I don’t need to go all the way back to two years when I watched the one from this year’s Australian Open when Serena beat her in straight sets. grin

Good retort.

Serena took so many years off playing when her sister was killed. If she had played straight through, she would have been well past 25 grand slam titles. Oh well, life is what happens when you are busy making plans. Serena is a WARRIOR and has the can do attitude. She can reach deep down and pull off a grand slam or too. Either way, she is the GOAT. I wish her the best of luck in whatever she decides to do.
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by mamagee3(f): 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2021
unmask:
Well she can leave now....we tired of seeing her
Well, tennis will become useless without her....

Imagine watching Iga Swiatek vs Simona Halep or Sakkari vs Rybakina.

Tennis will become a complete bore fest. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by unmask: 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2021
mamagee3:

unfortunately I didn't watch that game.....I was more interested in Osaka doing the deed
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by unmask: 8:10pm On Jun 06, 2021
mamagee3:

Well, tennis will become useless without her....

Imagine watching Iga Swiatek vs Simona Halep or Sakkari vs Rybakina.

Tennis will become a complete bore fest. undecided
True though.....I enjoy female tennis now when Osaka is playing or Serena is losing

And I love Swiatek
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 8:10pm On Jun 06, 2021
EdoAirline:
Your Children can be achievers like dis if they are in the right environment...

Not these Nigerian kids that will be checking if your phone have Xender so that they can collect Snapchat and Whatsapp to use in Magnifying the fake life they live online
grin
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by Abascoh: 8:12pm On Jun 06, 2021
Her time has passed. She and federer are no longer any force to be reckoned with.
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by fergie001: 8:19pm On Jun 06, 2021
Ishilove:
Is it my eyes or did Serena become more muscular?
No be your eyes ooooo grin
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by GeneralPula: 8:28pm On Jun 06, 2021
paulolee:
too bad for serena....seems she have lost dt nice n fearless form..
all.above me are just asking her to retire forgetting d sweet money she is making jus to appear on clay..
I know her reputation is at stake n its good to bow out when the ovation is loud but It isnt easy for a vibrant young lady sitting at home very bored watching people dominate what she tinks she had a chance of doing..
she would lose soo many huge endorsement deals n it would be a drop to her huge earnings...I think she still gat it n only her can stop when its time...
Delima once said "its not easy to stop doing what gives u joy for decades bcoz life would be so boring whenever u think u would stop playing n starts watching, I do wish to keep playing for long n d spirit was willing bt my body said NO"....
only time would tell for Williams sisters..

You think things with negative view..

Her reputation is what investors are still using till date..

I’m sure left to her she might have retired but since they’re still investing on her, there’s no point in retiring..

Besides that, champions don’t just chicken out. She’s a godddamn champion & nothing can change it !

2 Likes

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by phemmyfour: 8:38pm On Jun 06, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Make this mama go retire.

She has done her best for the game
Na every tom, dick n harry dey beat her now
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by AmuRubber(m): 9:01pm On Jun 06, 2021
kobabe:

How many does Serena have now

23 Grand Slam titles.

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by BePrepared: 9:04pm On Jun 06, 2021
gameboy727:
Quite happy with Serena's exit. For some unknown reason, I don't want her to equal Margaret Court's record of 24 grand slams.

U said exactly my mind

Court is a Christian and anti gay the sport world hate ha

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by hybridblood07(m): 9:05pm On Jun 06, 2021
The passion for the game is the reason why she still play. Just like some footballers that enjoy playing footballeven after 40 years
Amotolongbo:
Make this mama go retire.

She has done her best for the game
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by Skymason20(m): 9:08pm On Jun 06, 2021
Their is only one king of clay ... All hail king nadal cheesy
Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by PROPHETmichael: 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2021
She will celebrate at Wimbledon.

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open by Judolisco(m): 9:31pm On Jun 06, 2021
Atonsboy:

I tell u bt even her elder sister Venus still dey try. Dat one nah first round dem knock her
Serena wey Don beat alot of people for her career spanning over 20yrs.. Make she go sit down.. Na after she born she lost stamina and speed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FIFA Qatar 2022 Worldcup Semi-final Fixtures And Facts / Arsene Wenger Offers To Train Nigerian Coaches / Leicester City Signs Wilfred Ndidi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.