Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady (2004 Views)

Martha, The Pregnant Lady Commits Suicide After Husband Caught Her With A Pastor / Has My Cousin Sister Been Rendered Useless? / What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by ZeroWorries: 7:06pm On Jun 06, 2021
What I did for a pregnant lady yesterday.

Ordinarily, this should be left between me and God but I feel the need to share. It could spur someone to also help others where they can. It was a selfless service.

At times, not until we know or have family lineage or personal relationship before we help someone but to help anyone we can without looking back. I am a 300level undergraduate. My mom (dad is late) place me on 8k monthly upkeep in school. The money landed in my account Friday evening and yesterday being Saturday, I was heading to the market to pick some stuff especially food items. Arriving the market premises, this heavily pregnant lady in her early 20s stopped and begged for my attention. Looking at her condition, I was already sympathetic so I stopped and listened. She started telling me what she is going through as the man who put her in the condition rejected the pregnancy and refused to be responsible. The security company she was working for laid her off when the pregnancy became very heavy. At the moment, no one to take care of her and obviously she will be due to put to bed very soon. Looking at her, I didn't know if all she told me were true but obviously she needs help as she was so down, drained and needed help as much as she could. Here, I quickly remembered a similar situation where my sister almost went through same if not for my mum who didn't reject her.

To cut the long story short, it was a hard decision but I summoned courage and gave that woman 5k out of my 8k. Right in my presence, the woman went into shops in the market and bought food items including some baby clothes from 'bend down select' (Okirika) and whatever the money could afford her.

When I went back to the hostel and told my friends about it, they were just laughing at me saying I'm stupid....they would see how I am going to survive. To them, it's stupidity but to me, it's a blessing. How 3k is going to feed me till next month is what I don't know but I'm not worried either because I strongly believe God is going to bring me favour too. We need each other in this life. Most importantly, seeing the joy in her after giving her the money also gave me joy and I went home happy. God bless us all!

6 Likes

Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by doggedfighter(f): 7:12pm On Jun 06, 2021
Well done.

Thanks for helping out.

1 Like

Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by Drakkernoir: 7:16pm On Jun 06, 2021
God bless you.....you will be rewarded more abundantly in Jesus name.

This actually brought tears to a hardmans eye
Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by hapsonv: 7:43pm On Jun 06, 2021
Wow! What a heart

Don't worry, God will replenish u in double folds. God that sees ur heart will bless u more abundantly and u will not lack or go hungry.

God bless u for ur kindness to the pregnant woman.

3 Likes

Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by ZeroWorries: 7:51pm On Jun 06, 2021
doggedfighter:
Well done.

Thanks for helping out.

Thanks to God
Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by ZeroWorries: 7:52pm On Jun 06, 2021
Drakkernoir:
God bless you.....you will be rewarded more abundantly in Jesus name.

This actually brought tears to a hardmans eye

All to the glory of God. Thanks
Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by ZeroWorries: 7:53pm On Jun 06, 2021
hapsonv:
Wow! What a heart

Don't worry, God will replenish u in double folds. God that sees ur heart will bless u more abundantly and u will not lack or go hungry.

God bless u for ur kindness to the pregnant woman.

God bless you too. Thank you for the good wishes.
Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by Mikester: 8:05pm On Jun 06, 2021
ZeroWorries:

Ordinarily, this should be left between me and God but I feel the need to share. It could spur someone to also help others where they can. It was a selfless service.

At times, not until we know or have family lineage or personal relationship before we help someone but to help anyone we can without looking back. I am a 300level undergraduate. My mom (dad is late) place me on 8k monthly upkeep in school. The money landed in my account Friday evening and yesterday being Saturday, I was heading to the market to pick some stuff especially food items. Arriving the market premises, this heavily pregnant lady in her early 20s stopped and begged for my attention. Looking at her condition, I was already sympathetic so I stopped and listened. She started telling me what she is going through as the man who put her in the condition rejected the pregnancy and refused to be responsible. The security company she was working for laid her off when the pregnancy became very heavy. At the moment, no one to take care of her and obviously she will be due to put to bed very soon. Looking at her, I didn't know if all she told me were true but obviously she needs help as she was so down, drained and needed help as much as she could. Here, I quickly remembered a similar situation where my sister almost went through same if not for my mum who didn't reject her.

To cut the long story short, it was a hard decision but I summoned courage and gave that woman 5k out of my 8k. Right in my presence, the woman went into shops in the market and bought food items including some baby clothes from 'bend down select' (Okirika) and whatever the money could afford her.

When I went back to the hostel and told my friends about it, they were just laughing at me saying I'm stupid....they would see how I am going to survive. To them, it's stupidity but to me, it's a blessing. How 3k is going to feed me till next month is what I don't know but I'm not worried either because I strongly believe God is going to bring me favour too. We need each other in this life. Most importantly, seeing the joy in her after giving her the money also gave me joy and I went home happy. God bless us all!

Don't like to be a doubting Thomas though but If this your story is true, then may God bless you abundantly and grant you favour but if it isn't but just to attract attention or more even, some financial benefits from unsuspecting emotional people here, then may your head not be at peace till the next season.

On second thought, Op why don't you show us a screenshot of the credit alert of the 8k your dad sent you dated exactly on the past Friday, 4th of June at the evening time? perhaps your story will be more believable as pictures speak louder than words...

6 Likes

Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 06, 2021
Mikester:
If this your story is true, then may God bless you abundantly and grant you favour but if it isn't but just to attract attention or more even, some financial benefits from unsuspecting emotional people here, then your head will not rest till the next season.

That's all I have to say.
grin You sabi.

1 Like

Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by Bola146(f): 8:15pm On Jun 06, 2021
God bless you

1 Like

Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by ZeroWorries: 8:20pm On Jun 06, 2021
Mikester:
Don't like to be a doubting Thomas though but If this your story is true, then may God bless you abundantly and grant you favour but if it isn't but just to attract attention or more even, some financial benefits from unsuspecting emotional people here, then may your head not be at peace till the next season.

On second thought, Op why don't you show us a screenshot of the credit alert of the 8k? perhaps your story will be more believable as pictures speak louder than words...

Lol. Can someone actually sit down and form this kind of story fictionally? I don't know about that but I can show you the alert if you want to see to believe it. Besides, the aim of the thread was not to generate public sympathy. I just felt like sharing it. Let me show you the alert to believe it.
Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by Mikester: 8:27pm On Jun 06, 2021
ZeroWorries:

Lol. Can someone actually sit down and form this kind of story fictionally? I don't know about that but I can show you the alert if you want to see to believe it. Besides, the aim of the thread was not to generate public sympathy. I just felt like sharing it. Let me show you the alert to believe it.

In that case, I respectfully await it.
Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by ZeroWorries: 8:28pm On Jun 06, 2021
See the alert here if it's what you need to believe this story. I'm not doing this because I want you to send me money but as a proof.

3 Likes

Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by ZeroWorries: 8:30pm On Jun 06, 2021
Mikester:

In that case, I respectfully await it.

I just posted the alert.

1 Like

Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by PillarToPost: 8:40pm On Jun 06, 2021
ZeroWorries:
See the alert here if it's what you need to believe this story. I'm not doing this because I want you to send me money but as a proof.

Seen
Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by Mikester: 8:40pm On Jun 06, 2021
ZeroWorries:

I just posted the alert.

Very indisputable! I'm sorry for doubting your authenticity earlier. We just have to be cautious these times given the proliferation of scammers on this site and the need not to believe every information directed at us. You have done really well and will surely get more benefits from your act of kindness in the future.

Hope you get it before the week ends. wink

2 Likes

Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by NiceCeSi(f): 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2021
Wow. Nice. God bless you . Real selfless service...not the one Nigerian politicians promise people.

Lalasticlala, this guy is worth being celebrated.

1 Like

Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by abuchilag: 8:50pm On Jun 06, 2021
ZeroWorries:

Thank you for this good deed.

Kindly reach me on Frankabuchi2@gmail.com.

Thank you and God bless you.

1 Like

Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by dobnina(f): 8:59pm On Jun 06, 2021
ZeroWorries:

Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by dobnina(f): 9:02pm On Jun 06, 2021
ZeroWorries:

Send your Account details to me on a dead thread and mention me.
I have a son and I understand what poor pregnant women go through cos I have been there before.
Thank you very much for helping that woman.

2 Likes

Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by ZeroWorries: 10:41pm On Jun 06, 2021
Mikester:

Very indisputable! I'm sorry for doubting your authenticity earlier. We just have to be cautious these times given the proliferation of scammers on this site and the need not to believe every information directed at us. You have done really well and will surely get more benefits from your act of kindness in the future.

Hope you get it before the week ends. wink

I totally understand you. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by AyobamiIsaac12: 12:49am On Jun 07, 2021
I actually do not think that this story is true undecided I could be wrong sha but it seems that there is a connection between the creator of this thread( https://www.nairaland.com/6586701/one-biggest-achievement-life ) and the op.

These are what I observed.
-Both events happened on this same date which is the 4th of June.

-Both story format look the same(Read them to confirm).

-I guess the op from the link didn't actually plan on expecting the question of her being asked to post her debit alert( https://www.nairaland.com/6586701/one-biggest-achievement-life/1#102373337 ) , hence why this op which I believed is same as that op must have somehow looked for a way to get a credit alert of any amount for this new thread so as to be able to provide an evidence when asked for.

- Finally, I believe they are the same person. I could be wrong but before you send him anything, do your due diligence.

I would like to hear what @pocohantas and @ishilove have to say concerning this.
And op, sorry if I'm wrong with this my claim. Too many scammers on nairaland these days.

1 Like

Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by Nozino: 1:29am On Jun 07, 2021
Scam thread. Let’s what for the emotional people to come waste their money on a very obvious scam.
Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by pocohantas(f): 2:14am On Jun 07, 2021
AyobamiIsaac12:

I would like to hear what @pocohantas and have to say concerning this.
And op, sorry if I'm wrong with this my claim. Too many scammers on nairaland these days.

I would have asked for a debit alert, not a credit alert. As the latter can easily be arranged, but the former would take some effort to be arranged. He would have to go to the ATM or wherever to withdraw it.

Also if he is so broke that his dad sent 8k, he withdrew 8k and he is now left to survive with 3k for the month, he won’t cover his balance. Is it the remaining N11.23 he is covering?

Just playing cop. Don’t take me seriously…

Kudos to the OP!

2 Likes

Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by JeffreyJunior: 4:01am On Jun 07, 2021
Scammers have really messed this place up that one finds it hard to know what and what not to believe these days.

If you really did what you said you did, may heavens reward you.

Picture of debit and not credit alert could've killed all doubts though.
Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by dobnina(f): 4:37am On Jun 07, 2021
pocohantas:

I would have asked for a debit alert, not a credit alert. As the latter can easily be arranged, but the former would take some effort to be arranged. He would have to go to the ATM or wherever to withdraw it.

Also if he is so broke that his dad sent 8k, he withdrew 8k and he is now left to survive with 3k for the month, he won’t cover his balance. Is it the remaining N11.23 he is covering?

Kudos to the OP!
Wao. Thank God I came back to this thread. The Op is really good. It's time to harden my heart.
Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by dobnina(f): 4:39am On Jun 07, 2021
Nozino:
Scam thread. Let’s what for the emotional people to come waste their money on a very obvious scam.
Don't blame us. I have been pregnant before and I know how it is. That's y I got emotional.
Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by Nozino: 5:28am On Jun 07, 2021
dobnina:

Don't blame us. I have been pregnant before and I know how it is. That's y I got emotional.

That’s the problem ma. These people are out to take advantage of emotional people. Honestly, people who really need help aren’t on Nairaland. This guys here are all scammers.
Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by xtivin(m): 6:02am On Jun 07, 2021
Format. People run o!
Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by seunoj: 6:19am On Jun 07, 2021
pocohantas:

Kudos to the OP!

Laffs
The young has between 13-18k as balance. Format no Dey finish.
Officer poco, tule joor, tule jare
Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by Oksman(m): 7:22am On Jun 07, 2021
AyobamiIsaac12:
I actually do not think that this story is true undecided I could be wrong sha but it seems that there is a connection between the creator of this thread( https://www.nairaland.com/6586701/one-biggest-achievement-life ) and the op.

These are what I observed.
-Both events happened on this same date which is the 4th of June.

-Both story format look the same(Read them to confirm).

-I guess the op from the link didn't actually plan on expecting the question of her being asked to post her debit alert( https://www.nairaland.com/6586701/one-biggest-achievement-life/1#102373337 ) , hence why this op which I believed is same as that op must have somehow looked for a way to get a credit alert of any amount for this new thread so as to be able to provide an evidence when asked for.

- Finally, I believe they are the same person. I could be wrong but before you send him anything, do your due diligence.

I would like to hear what @pocohantas and @ishilove have to say concerning this.
Re: The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady by Bodyodour: 8:25am On Jun 07, 2021
This una method go still cast shaa

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Your Wife Says Outright NO To Sex, What's The Best Response? / Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? / She is 13 years old and pregnant!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.