Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? (1997 Views)

Which One Of These, Is The GOAT Of Nigerians Spoons. / Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. / How Much Is The Cost Of A DNA Paternity Test In Nigerian Hospitals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by Emeks008(m): 1:19pm On Sep 13, 2023
This pressing iron by Philip Electronics suppose to given the G.O.A.T award.

Some Nigerians family has been using this pressing iron for over 2 decades and it's still standing strong. grin grin

Share your own experience if you have used this very iron before.

9 Likes

Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by Emeks008(m): 1:23pm On Sep 13, 2023
Another pressing iron that serves as backup in many homes in the time past is the Almighty charcoal iron. grin grin

It doesn't have regulator. The only way to reduce the temperature is to place the base inside a bucket of water grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by finallybusy: 1:34pm On Sep 13, 2023
Emeks008:
Another pressing iron that serves as backup in many homes in the time past is the Almighty charcoal iron. grin grin

It doesn't have regulator. The only way to reduce the temperature is to place the base inside a bucket of water grin grin
This was what I originally expected when I opened the thread. I didnโ€™t know the Phillips iron was mainstream here.

2 Likes

Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by Kriss216: 1:34pm On Sep 13, 2023
Emeks008:

This one na true spoiler cheesy

Use this iron white clothes at your own risk

9 Likes

Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by finallybusy: 1:37pm On Sep 13, 2023
That iron is old school, abeg. As at 2010, the irons available from then till now will make you want to press every item of clothing in your closet due to their ease. Using this Phillips iron, by your third item, the experience becomes a chore. I pity boarding house students. I always hated dry ironing back in the day.
Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by Nemesis0147(m): 3:30pm On Sep 13, 2023
Kriss216:

I swearโ€ฆ.
I canโ€™t remember how many times I changed my school white because of this iron ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚โ€ฆbut e dy help especially when Nepa decides to show you Shege.

2 Likes

Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by descarado: 4:47pm On Sep 13, 2023
Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by blaquemyc: 6:46pm On Sep 13, 2023
Emeks008:

This is the real goat.

1 Like

Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by majesticguy: 7:03pm On Sep 13, 2023
Kriss216:

Actually, that was what we used in ironing our white uniform while in boarding/finishing school.

You have be extra careful while using the iron, otherwise your cloth go chop better chewing gum ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚, you do anyhow, you see anyhow. But once you master the art on how to use it, you'd hardly experience casualties ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ.

2 Likes

Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by Emeks008(m): 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2023
blaquemyc:
This is the real goat.

Am telling you.

One just need to be extra careful while using.

Ashes can pour on ur Black trouser at any given time grin

Little droplet of hot charcoal can perforate your school uniform grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by jeff1607(m): 7:56pm On Sep 13, 2023
Add Siemens pressing iron

1 Like

Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by bukatyne(f): 8:00pm On Sep 13, 2023
That was our boarding house staple iron.
Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by Angrygoat: 8:01pm On Sep 13, 2023
Rowenta. Max 6years. After that the thermostat will burn n it will be hot forever.
Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by WantsandMore: 8:35pm On Sep 13, 2023
The watts on that iron kpa. Nowadays, a 1000 saisho iron can serve this same purpose while saving big on energy
Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by falcon01: 10:34pm On Sep 13, 2023
2 decades? The one my father used to iron his cloth and go visit my mum is still the one we use till today!

1 Like

Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by Multiversed: 8:09am On Sep 14, 2023
This one you posted is even newer model then.

The one in the picture below was the one we had in our household then.

I dislike that charcoal iron so much.

Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by Emeks008(m): 8:56am On Sep 14, 2023
Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by Emeks008(m): 8:57am On Sep 14, 2023
Multiversed:
This one you posted is even newer model then.

The one in the picture below was the one we had in our household then.

I dislike that charcoal iron so much.

This one na Ancestor of our land ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

1 Like

Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by Bankowner: 9:41am On Sep 14, 2023
Just pray make one small piece of burning coal no drop comot on top clothe wey you dey iron.
Emeks008:

1 Like

Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by immortalmortal: 11:13am On Sep 14, 2023
This Iron that can born cloth ehn...
Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by Multiversed: 11:24am On Sep 14, 2023
Emeks008:

This one na Ancestor of our land ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Infact I tell you. Na real Ancestor.

The Iron doesn't have Thermostat or any form of Control.

Once it gets hot to a certain degree. One has to switch off of the socket box or you disconnect the Iron completely from the socket box before use. Then you keep repeating same process until you are through with Ironing๐Ÿ˜

Or else Your clothes, Sope Oti Lor๐Ÿ˜

2 Likes

Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by Ray07(m): 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
The vintage Philips HD 1120 is the king for me.
I come meet this iron for house from my mom's womb. grin

4 Likes

Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by Purvan(m): 1:33pm On Sep 14, 2023
Philips are actually damn in anything electronics

My Philips PC as of 2004 still day work today , I just had to replace the HDD that's all

Buy Philips for electronics
Nokia, Motorola and Samsung for phones
Thinkpad of Dell for laptop
Toyota for cars
Re: Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? by Multiversed: 2:52pm On Sep 14, 2023
Purvan:
Philips are actually damn in anything electronics

My Philips PC as of 2004 still day work today , I just had to replace the HDD that's all

Buy Philips for electronics
Nokia, Motorola and Samsung for phones
Thinkpad of Dell for laptop
Toyota for cars

Panasonic are King when It comes to electronics too.

Infact I think they surpass Philips In Status.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man Beater: 61 Yr Old Wife Beats Husband To Stupor / Am I Wrong? / Former Governor Arrested In The UK For Beating Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.