Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,376 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Getting Started On Upwork - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Getting Started On Upwork (544 Views)

Getting Started With Firebase Realtime Database On The Web / WEBINAR: How To Get Started On Upwork And Tips To Land Your First Job / Getting Started With Programming - Tips For Beginners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Started On Upwork by Jas80: 6:12am On Jun 07, 2021
Hello, good morning everyone.

I just activated my account on upwork. I registered some months ago, but haven't had time for it. Kind of free now, so I want to start using it, but I don't know how to start.

So,I created this thread to get information from people who are already earning from upwork. This thread will be of help to me and anybody who is also planning to start freelancing on upwork.

In anticipation for your response. Good morning once again.

1 Like

Re: Getting Started On Upwork by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 9:08pm On Jun 07, 2021
I am following...

1 Like

Re: Getting Started On Upwork by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 09, 2021
* Your first goal is to set up your profile information and make it full.
* Then get recommendations from your past clients outside the site.
* Then start finding the right job.

Here are the questions you need to ask yourself:
1) How much does my 1 hour worth?
2) How many hours can I do per week?
3) Am I ready to deliver to clients unfailingly .
4) Can I compete with 5 people?
5) Can I compete with 10-15 people?
6) What will make a client hire me over a Russian, Israeli or Indian?
7) Do I have habits of keeping to deadline timelines?
cool Am I slow to anger and do I effectively manage annoying clients when they give wrong reviews of what you think you've done right?
9) Am I ready to completely ignore religious, cultural, sexual and all form of societal differences with clients and keep them out of the conversation?
10) Which timezones am I ready to work with? Take note of the Australian time, CET, Pacific time, etc.
11) Have you fixed your power (light) and internet to always be stable? Clients do not want to hear stories.
12) Are you ready to work and not get paid till project or milestone is marked as completed by the client even if you've submitted for days?

When you answer all these questions, you'll be able to tell yourself if you're ready.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Started On Upwork by Jas80: 9:27am On Jun 09, 2021
Ovaltine:
* Your first goal is to set up your profile information and make it full.
* Then get recommendations from your past clients outside the site.
* Then start finding the right job.

Here are the questions you need to ask yourself:
1) How much does my 1 hour worth?
2) How many hours can I do per week?
3) Am I ready to deliver to clients unfailingly .
4) Can I compete with 5 people?
5) Can I compete with 10-15 people?
6) What will make a client hire me over a Russian, Israeli or Indian?
7) Do I have habits of keeping to deadline timelines?
cool Am I slow to anger and do I effectively manage annoying clients when they give wrong reviews of what you think you've done right?
9) Am I ready to completely ignore religious, cultural, sexual and all form of societal differences with clients and keep them out of the conversation?
10) Which timezones am I ready to work with? Take note of the Australian time, CET, Pacific time, etc.
11) Have you fixed your power (light) and internet to always be stable? Clients do not want to hear stories.
12) Are you ready to work and not get paid till project or milestone is marked as completed by the client even if you've submitted for days?

When you answer all these questions, you'll be able to tell yourself if you're ready.

Thanks bro, really appreciate

(1) (Reply)

If You Work For A Company In A Different Country, What Work Experience Do You Ha / How To Open A Stripe Account In Nigeria / The Man Who Carries Modern Web On His Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.