Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,721 members, 7,955,700 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:19 PM

The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe 2021 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe 2021 (1159 Views)

Man Kicked Out Of Anglican Church In Warri For 'Not Paying Tithe, Dressing Well' / Should You Be Paying Tithe While You're Owing People Money? — Nigerian Man / Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe 2021 by AdventHero: 1:55pm On Jun 08, 2021
haddeylium:

How much are you going to pay for plagiarizing Jehovah's witnesses material (Picture)?

Lol. Just kidding! wink

You mean you'll not salute Nebuchadnezzar's country statue but you will to your National Flag? cheesy
Make it make sense

I'm not plagiarizing JW materials; I appreciate the artistic work in the painting of the scene.
Knowledge of the scripture is not monopolized to any single denomination.

Regarding your statement comparing Nebuchadnezzar's statue with the national flag is not relatable; Nebuchadnezzar's statue was erected for the purpose of "worship" a country's flag is just a symbol of a country and pledging to it is only a show of respect for the laws of the land not as a source of worship or a substitute to God.
Re: The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe 2021 by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:48pm On Jun 08, 2021
AdventHero:

I'm not plagiarizing JW materials; I appreciate the artistic work in the painting of the scene.

Regarding your statement comparing Nebuchadnezzar's statue with the national flag is not relatable; Nebuchadnezzar's statue was erected for the purpose of "worship" a country's flag is just a symbol of a country and pledging to it is only a show of respect for the laws of the land not as a source of worship or a substitute to God.

So if God's word (Jesus Christ) says "pray for your enemies" but the laws of your land says "kill your enemies" which one will you uphold as you salute the flag? smiley
Re: The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe 2021 by AdventHero: 4:35pm On Jun 08, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

So if God's word (Jesus Christ) says "pray for your enemies" but the laws of your land says "kill your enemies" which one will you uphold as you salute the flag? smiley

I'm pretty sure you already know the answer to that. God bless you Bro.
Re: The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe 2021 by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:40pm On Jun 08, 2021
Well you can never truly salute the flag and still remain a true disciple of Jesus because all the things that goes along with salutation of the flag is against Jesus! smiley

AdventHero:

I'm pretty sure you already know the answer to that. God bless you Bro.
Re: The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe 2021 by jamesid29(m): 1:48am On Jun 09, 2021
haddeylium:

Yes! You're right.
Cultures, belief and people change, that's is why we have different many denomination with contradictory doctrines and differing views.You belief may be different from others you considered as you considered as a professed Christains in the Lord!

But one thing is sure God's word does not change infact it 'endures forever ' (Isaiah 40:cool

Jesus said that our worship of God must be based on truth​—the truth found in the Bible. (John 4:24)And like you said earlier, our salvation depends on taking in “an accurate knowledge of truth.” (1 Timothy 2:4)
Jesus Christ didn't watered down God's word, he present God's word as the truth. I can assure you that in imitation of Christ, Jehovah's witnesses based their beliefs purely on the Bible and gave no priority to man-made doctrines.
Safe to assume the same with you?

As I alluded to earlier, knowing the scriptures is the easy part(atleast relatively easy). Understanding it the way the Author intended it to be understood, now that is the hard.

The same Hebrew bible that Philips and the other evangelist read and saw the gospel of the cross, is the same Hebrew bible the Jews and experts in the law read and saw the early Jesus followers as threats to the faith. As Paul put it "Christ crucified ,a stumbling block to the Jews".
They were all reading the same Hebrew bible.

God doesn't change, but our understanding of Him does.

May God continue to open our eyes of understanding and give us the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him.

It is well
Re: The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe 2021 by haddeylium(m): 11:50am On Jun 09, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The bolded!

Even Kumuyi used the artistic impression in our magazines and books for years yet he will not acknowledge the works of God's Holy Spirit amongst JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! smiley

Really?
I don't even about this
But, I know they use our publications on a regular in their Sunday schools
Re: The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe 2021 by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:00pm On Jun 09, 2021
All the publications of Kumuyi in the late 80s and early 90s are filled with the photocopies of our artistic impressions! smiley

haddeylium:

Really?
I don't even about this
But, I know they use our publications on a regular in their Sunday schools
Re: The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe 2021 by haddeylium(m): 12:00pm On Jun 09, 2021
AdventHero:

The statue Nebuchadnezzar raised in the 'plain of Dura' represent his nation and he wants his citizen to pledge their loyalty to it.
Likewise, the national flag represent the state which you pledge you loyalty to.
No difference, whenever you bow, pay homage or salute the flag, then you hold the state for your salvation and not to God(Isaiah 43:11; 1 Corinthians 10:14; 1 John 5:21)
Re: The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe 2021 by dorox(m): 1:35pm On Jun 09, 2021
HappyPagan:

Tithing is free will too. No one is forced to tithe.. that's my point tbf.
JW are moved to donate out of love for the course of preaching the good news, we see our donations as
sacrifices and not as investments with expected material gains. That is why we only give what our personal circumstance would allow which could be nothing.
Our donations are completely anonymous since we do not have offering time at our places of worship or keep a record of who donates what.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe 2021 by HappyPagan: 9:16am On Oct 24, 2021
pope.
Re: The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe 2021 by HappyPagan: 8:32pm On Dec 01, 2021
Bumpoty.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is The Woman Really Helpful? / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character? / The Sign Of His Return Is Too Vissble.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.