Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,122 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman (53625 Views)

Sen. David Umahi Resigns From National Assembly To Take Up Ministerial Job. / Photo Of RTD. MG Abel Umahi, Gov. Umahi's Elder Brother, Supporting Peter Obi / EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by linearity: 5:01pm On Jun 07, 2021
All these security force outfits formed among states is a waste of time.

Each State’s Assembly show pass laws to form state police, as federating units of Nigeria, they have the right to do that.

How can a State have a House of Assembly andState Senators that write and pass laws for the State, then turn around and rely on the Federal Government to enforce and prosecute those laws.

Kano State and most States in the North have State Polices that answers to the States, why can’t other parts of the Country do the same.
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by TechSkill: 5:16pm On Jun 07, 2021
temitope27:
Coward
did you read before calling coward, you this keyboard warrior...

man is resigning because the South EAST Refuse to fund the security outfit that was formed. Imagine South West governors refusing to fund Amotekun....
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by Kandeed: 5:19pm On Jun 07, 2021
pauldanielchi:

In as much I hate been seen as a Nigerian, after reading ur comment I see hope, we can change things if we believe and work together and stop loving money.

God bless you.... together we can make this country work, we are way more than them
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by skywalker240(m): 5:20pm On Jun 07, 2021
Kandeed:
in 2015 the major security problem we had was Boko
Haram and guess what? BH problem made Jonathan shift the election. this time we Got Boko Haram, Bandits, herdsmen crisis, UGM crisis and this is happening all over the Nation. APC in 2023 would tell you if Jonathan can shift the election date why can't we seeing the security issues in the country. while Jonathan on the other hand was doing all he can to reduce Boko Haram, this government will do nothing and keep shifting the election date till y'all are tired. so if you're thinking of waiting till 2023 to make a change thr ur Votes, Think again and think clearly. if ur citing fear of Army now to hit the street #June 12th I wonder what you'll cite in 2023

#June 12 protest is for Nigerians with foresight
#This is a protest to rescue ourselves and our country from
the hands of those bent on destroying it
#Last week alone over 300Nigerians were killed due to
insecurity. how many would it be this week??
#Can you beat ur chest and say I'm sure to survive it this
week??
#Are you living ur desired life?? why must Nigerians result to
alternatives when you can hold those responsible and
demand for what should be urs
#Nigerians this is the time to resist Tyranny, Oppression,
hardship and insecurity
#June 12 should not meet you at home
#Pay the price now so you would not be forced to pay it later
with or without ur wish
Simple question, did you vote for this present government in 2019? Yes or no
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by West2019(m): 5:22pm On Jun 07, 2021
temitope27:
Coward
you are a fool .go and die now idoit
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by West2019(m): 5:23pm On Jun 07, 2021
Ladiesdoctor:
Unwise decision by this General.

Just wait and see how a Fulani man will handle that position from tomorrow morning.

Yeye decision
a living dog is better than a death Lion
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by Kandeed: 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2021
goodvision12:
pls what will happen on june 12

All Nigerians are not expected to be at Home....hit ur street telling Buhari #We are tired it's going to be more massive than Endsars protest as all the southern states are starting at once not like Endsars that started from Delta and spread gradually the plan is to hit em massively

#Lets rescue our country from those bent on destroying it

1 Like

Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by West2019(m): 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2021
Wise man .
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by igbowoman: 5:25pm On Jun 07, 2021
Ebubeekwensu
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by Kandeed: 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2021
GeneralPula:
[s][/s]

I won’t be surprised if you’re in somewhere in Europe or America typing this..

I hope your kids are joining the protest too?

Lol abroad or Nigeria I'm hitting my street bro with everyone. well you can decide to sit at home that day if ur living the best life u desire in Nigeria and the bad governance or insecurity no reach ur side. #June 12 protest will not meet me at home
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by Kandeed: 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2021
skywalker240:

Simple question, did you vote for this present government in 2019? Yes or no

I never thought of voting for who turned Nigeria upside down in 1985. the fact that he could come out again and Nigerians embraced him shocked me to my spine

1 Like

Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by writeprof(m): 5:39pm On Jun 07, 2021
HonNL:
Major-General Abel Obi Umahi (rtd) retired as the GOC 81 Div., and is an elder brother to the Ebonyi State Gov., Engr. Dave Umahi.

STRANGE THAT I AM HEARING ABOUT HIM FOR THE FIRST
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by goodvision12(m): 5:40pm On Jun 07, 2021
Kandeed:

All Nigerians are not expected to be at Home....hit ur street telling Buhari #We are tired it's going to be more massive than Endsars protest as all the southern states are starting at once not like Endsars that started from Delta and spread gradually the plan is to hit em massively

#Lets rescue our country from those bent on destroying it
Don't you think that since you have made public the exact day of your protest the fg will hyjack the protest.
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by wallrichy: 5:42pm On Jun 07, 2021
My dear, It's against the stupid 1999 Constitution. I feel your pain just like others too. We aren't operating as a federation. No state has autonomy. That's the reason we are clamouring for a total abolition of 1999 Constitution instead of amendment or better we go back to 1957 to 1963 Constitution that brought out the best in our regions......

linearity:
All these security force outfits formed among states is a waste of time.

Each State’s Assembly show pass laws to form state police, as federating units of Nigeria, they have the right to do that.

How can a State have a House of Assembly andState Senators that write and pass laws for the State, then turn around and rely on the Federal Government to enforce and prosecute those laws.

Kano State and most States in the North have State Polices that answers to the States, why can’t other parts of the Country do the same.
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 07, 2021
This is amazing
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by geemd434: 6:39pm On Jun 07, 2021
temitope27:
Coward

You must be from Southwest or north.
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by HRMK: 6:50pm On Jun 07, 2021
WHY DO U CONTINUE TO DCV URSELVES?U WANT NNAMDI KANU TO SEND U ALL TO UR UNTIMELY GRAVE!NOTHING LIKE #UGM!THEY ARE ALL IPOB/ESN BOYS!80% OF SECURITYMEN SENT TO IGBOLAND ARE IGBOS!THEY ARE THE ONES IPOB/ESN ARE KILLING!TOO BAD!!
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by Gambit23: 6:51pm On Jun 07, 2021
Soso990240:
You don't get my point. If we are afraid of him and his forces now, what will change by 2023? we will still be afraid. We don reach the limit like this. e no fit worst pass like this. check how much is Dollar and Pounds to naira. How much is foodstuffs in the market, people are being killed everyday but those idiots in the presidency are not talking, but they were quick to Ban twitter because of a deleted post

All u have listed is childsplay compared to Buhari and the fulani attempting to permanently sieze power
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by magzey: 6:54pm On Jun 07, 2021
hmmmm, see them accusing their own brothers, i talk am dem no get vision and mission grin

Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by Cmeo(m): 7:11pm On Jun 07, 2021
Politicians are key problems of Nigeria. Since 4th republic, Nigerian politicians have been taking one step forward and three steps backwards on matters that concern the populace.

In Nigeria, politics is talking without action. Politicians only talk and with action except it will directly affect them. Everything nah politics in this country (Nigeria)
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by Ojiofor: 7:22pm On Jun 07, 2021
Kriss216:
He's joining ESN soon.

ESN remains the only recognized security outfit in Igboland.

You want his dead body to paraded and disgraced in the streets of Owerri?
Unless he is insane like those brainwashed Nnamdi Kanu's Abubakus that call themselves ESN.
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by jamjo: 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2021
MadamExcellency:
If IPOB can fund ESN why can Southeast States fund Ebubeagu?

Is like IPOB is more composed than Southeast Governors combined.

Ebubeagu was rejected by the youths and they are having big problems in recruiting personals. So to me, funding Ebubeagu is just a waste of resources and will be another avenue for them to steal money.
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by Kandeed: 8:26pm On Jun 07, 2021
goodvision12:
Don't you think that since you have made public the exact day of your protest the fg will hyjack the protest.

It'll be too massive to hijack
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by AbuAeesha: 9:25pm On Jun 07, 2021
meolaniyi:
I heard that the man is so incompetent and was dismissed from the Nigerian Army
he was incompetent yet he reached rank of major general??
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by Munzy14(m): 9:26pm On Jun 07, 2021
fergie001:

Vayolence dey your gene
Not true...Stating the facts and obvious no be vayo na....cheesy

Most of Nigerian generals, no suppose see captain sef...Some are either arm chair generals or quota system generals.
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by goodvision12(m): 10:19pm On Jun 07, 2021
Kandeed:

It'll be too massive to hijack
Hmmmm
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by Kandeed: 10:27pm On Jun 07, 2021
goodvision12:
Hmmmm

Benue folks have shown interest, Jos, taraba and some folks in Kano are giving locations already. Nigerians are not joking this time
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by WeRblessed(f): 11:51pm On Jun 07, 2021
Ebube okuko!
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 08, 2021
Kandeed:
in 2015 the major security problem we had was Boko
Haram and guess what? BH problem made Jonathan shift the election. this time we Got Boko Haram, Bandits, herdsmen crisis, UGM crisis and this is happening all over the Nation. APC in 2023 would tell you if Jonathan can shift the election date why can't we seeing the security issues in the country. while Jonathan on the other hand was doing all he can to reduce Boko Haram, this government will do nothing and keep shifting the election date till y'all are tired. so if you're thinking of waiting till 2023 to make a change thr ur Votes, Think again and think clearly. if ur citing fear of Army now to hit the street #June 12th I wonder what you'll cite in 2023

#June 12 protest is for Nigerians with foresight
#This is a protest to rescue ourselves and our country from
the hands of those bent on destroying it
#Last week alone over 300Nigerians were killed due to
insecurity. how many would it be this week??
#Can you beat ur chest and say I'm sure to survive it this
week??
#Are you living ur desired life?? why must Nigerians result to
alternatives when you can hold those responsible and
demand for what should be urs
#Nigerians this is the time to resist Tyranny, Oppression,
hardship and insecurity
#June 12 should not meet you at home
#Pay the price now so you would not be forced to pay it later
with or without ur wish

What lies are you telling? Boko Haram GREW because of Jonathan, as a result the bandits are now-settled all over this country. He ignored the issue until Chibok and even then arrested the principal for saying the children were kidnapped.

If he had dealt with BH like Yar Adua most of the security issues today would not exist. But he was permanently drunk while his girlfriend looted the country.

Now we have this slow old man that listened to all his ignorant advisers and relatives instead of allowing the well known workers into key positions so the country would not be in the mess it is today.

The choices to back him and put a criminal as an opposition candidate was also made by ignorant southerners who didn’t want any capable northern leader-your suffering is the result so thank your politicians.

Now come 2023 if any of you idiots vote based on party instead of performance then you will live in the Atlantic because the criminal elements are not only deeply seated in all regions but as you see online have supporters who still don’t understand this is how BH and bandits started.

Arm touts today and they will kill you tomorrow.
Re: Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman by ikwikwi: 1:44am On Jun 08, 2021
I knew this project will be abandoned because of I too know. Is this how they will get the Presidency. SE should better be organized please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emir Of Kano, Sanusi, Withdrawing Money From ATM (Pictured) / Latest Results From Bayelsa State Rerun: Sahararepoters / Lagos Considers Full Re-opening Of Economy, Embarks On Assessment Of Readiness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.