Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,132 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner (557 Views)

Which Computer Aided Design Software Should I Learn? / Dart Or C# If Both Are Just The Only Computer Language / Which Computer Programme Is Easiest To Learn For A Beginner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 07, 2021
I want to learn computer programming what language should i learn first and people have been telling me there is no money in it please help me
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by codesngr(m): 3:02pm On Jun 07, 2021
Start with markup language and the cascade style sheet first. HTML and CSS . Then you can move to JavaScript or any other that suits your path
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 07, 2021
codesngr:
Start with markup language and the cascade style sheet first. HTML and CSS . Then you can move to JavaScript or any other that suits your path
ok thanks but do i need to study all the language before being a guru
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by SchoolGate: 4:22pm On Jun 07, 2021
Learn sign language
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by codesngr(m): 4:31pm On Jun 07, 2021
goodeev:
ok thanks but do i need to study all the language before being a guru

It’s impossible to study all programming language. Just pick the path you want. If Mobile or web or desktop or all and avoid this YouTube controversies of which programming is best, no language is best, they serve different purposes
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by stanliwise(m): 5:30pm On Jun 07, 2021
codesngr:
This is only true if you want to be a web developer.
HTML, CSS are not programming language neither do they have foundation for being a programmer.

So the first question should be what kind thing does OP intend to program?
if op just intend to learn programming alone then phython, javascript, etc is good enough
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by codesngr(m): 6:54pm On Jun 07, 2021
stanliwise:

This is only true if you want to be a web developer.
HTML, CSS are not programming language neither do they have foundation for being a programmer.

So the first question should be what kind thing does OP intend to program?
if op just intend to learn programming alone then phython, javascript, etc is good enough

You sound dumb . HTML and css can be used on web, app, anything in your life u plan to do with programming.

How can you understand app or desktop styling without css knowledge?

How can you understand or work JavaScript, flutter, react, python, without HTML.

I am sure , you just search what is css and HTML on google , read the first line just to attack because if truly you are a developer you won’t be deceiving this poster.

Who told you HTML and css is just for web? grin angry

Did you hear me say html and css are programming language. I specifically said markup language and css is a style sheet. How can you style without style sheet knowledge bikonu ? I wonder how some pple thinks , always quick to judge, be it web or mobile or anything. You need experience in HTML and the style sheet. You can’t just dive into learning a programming language without a markup or style sheet experience. I am a mobile and web developer.
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by codesngr(m): 7:03pm On Jun 07, 2021
stanliwise:

Where I know you don’t have any experience in programming is here.

Which one is if he intends to learn only programming. This is just like saying if you intend to study doctor forgetting under programming you have many branches:

Web
Mobile
Desktop
Machine learning
Data science and more.

Op should pick path he/she wants to follow between them and you need HTML and CSS to start anyone you choose. Skipping them is just like, skipping ABC to numb to Z.
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by stanliwise(m): 7:08pm On Jun 07, 2021
codesngr:

You sound dumb . HTML and css can be used on web, app, anything in your life u plan to do with programming.

How can you understand or work JavaScript, flutter, react, python, without HTML.

I am sure , you just search what is css and HTML on google , read the first line just to attack because if truly you are a developer you won’t be deceiving this poster.
You went ahead to say html can be used in anything and went ahead to mention all shades of web technologies to shoot yourself in the foot.

Did you hear me say html and css are programming language. I specifically said markup language and css is a style sheet. How can you style without style sheet knowledge bikonu ? I wonder how some pple thinks , always quick to judge, be it web or mobile or anything. You need experience in HTML and the style sheet. You can’t just dive into learning a programming language without a markup or style sheet experience. I am a mobile and web developer.
With this rubbish you wrote I will leave you at the mercy of other developers to roast you.

My original intention wasn't to castigate you although it may sound like that which wasn't my intention, but with your new post it show I owe no apology. You simply lack the fundamental understanding.

OP asked for learning a computer language and obviously HTML and CSS aren't one of them in most technical sense of things. you went ahead to suggest a web development path. Which is not bad but it may not be what OP wants.

To not destroy OP thread. I will desist from arguing with you and just answer OP Question directly
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by stanliwise(m): 7:16pm On Jun 07, 2021
I want to learn computer programming what language should i learn first and people have been telling me there is no money in it please help me
What is your intention? Would depend on the kind of language you would learn
But if your general interest is to learn a language then python could be a good choice .
Node also.
Java
C#
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by codesngr(m): 7:23pm On Jun 07, 2021
stanliwise:

You went ahead to say html can be used in anything and went ahead to mention all shades of web technologies to shoot yourself in the foot.

With this rubbish you wrote I will leave you at the mercy of other developers to roast you.

My original intention wasn't to castigate you although it may sound like that which wasn't my intention, but with your new post it show I owe no apology. You simply lack the fundamental understanding.

OP asked for learning a computer language and obviously HTML and CSS aren't one of them in most technical sense of things. you went ahead to suggest a web development path. Which is not bad but it may not be what OP wants.

To not destroy OP thread. I will desist from arguing with you and just answer OP Question directly

App development is part of web technology I mentioned abii data science?

U need experience in html or css experience in any programming language you want to learn. If u tell me , you learned JavaScript or python or any without it , sorry to say , you are just a lier. Op asked about learning a programming language, which I advised to learn HTML and CSS before picking any programming language to learn like JavaScript and rest. Only for you to jump out and say html and css is just for web .

People like you, don’t like don’t know and you don’t want someone that knows to teach you.

html and css knowledge is used in any programming field.

Stop sounding foolish.
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by bedfordng(m): 8:32pm On Jun 07, 2021
codesngr:

App development is part of web technology I mentioned abii data science?

U need experience in html or css experience in any programming language you want to learn. If u tell me , you learned JavaScript or python or any without it , sorry to say , you are just a lier. Op asked about learning a programming language, which I advised to learn HTML and CSS before picking any programming language to learn like JavaScript and rest. Only for you to jump out and say html and css is just for web .

People like you, don’t like don’t know and you don’t want someone that knows to teach you.

html and css knowledge is used in any programming field.

Stop sounding foolish.

One don't really have to be good at HTML and CSS to become a programmer. Without this two, you can still be extremely good with learning programming even web technology.

Someone can decide to just be a back end developer . this is why in most tech firm in web dev, they have back end and front end developer.

someone don't really have to be good at HTML and CSS to be an expert in web development. This is why they have full stack dev, back end dev and front end dev. You can be good at both which is a plus but if you don't want to learn HTML and CSS, you can still be good at any programming language that handles back end.
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by codesngr(m): 8:39pm On Jun 07, 2021
bedfordng:

One don't really have to be good at HTML and CSS to become a programmer. Without this two, you can still be extremely good with learning programming even web technology.

Someone can decide to just be a back end developer . this is why in most tech firm in web dev, they have back end and front end developer.

someone don't really have to be good at HTML and CSS to be an expert in web development. This is why they have full stack dev, back end dev and front end dev. You can be good at both which is a plus but if you don't want to learn HTML and CSS, you can still be good at any programming language that handles back end.

How can you work on backend without knowing html , the backend works in hand with frontend .collection of data , you need frontend basic experience to work on backend chief.

How can you manipulate user data at frontend with information from backend if you don’t know html and css . I said at least have basic knowledge of html and css in any programming language you choose, you can’t skip them. It almost impossible
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by codesngr(m): 8:44pm On Jun 07, 2021
bedfordng:

I work mostly on backend App and Websites. U need frontend experience And u need basic knowledge on frontend to work effectively on backend.
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by bedfordng(m): 8:59pm On Jun 07, 2021
codesngr:

How can you work on backend without knowing html , the backend works in hand with frontend .collection of data , you need frontend basic experience to work on backend chief.

How can you manipulate user data at frontend with information from backend if you don’t know html and css . I said at least have basic knowledge of html and css in any programming language you choose, you can’t skip them. It almost impossible
Basic knowledge, good. Having basic knowledge of html and css is cool but its never a criteria that prevents one from becoming an expert in web dev. Like I said, you can decide to become full back end programmer without HTML and CSS. Someone can handle the aspect of HTML and CSS part if you can't.

There is a guy at my end that doesn't even care about HTML and CSS as he has someone that takes care of it while he focus on back end. Its main selling point is back end and he is extremely good at it. what would you say about that. Is he a web programmer or not.
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by Chukwudaalu(m): 9:19pm On Jun 07, 2021
codesngr:

It is not compulsory to know HTML, and CSS to become a good programmer. There are other areas in IT where requisite knowledge of these two, is not essential.
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by codesngr(m): 9:26pm On Jun 07, 2021
bedfordng:

Basic knowledge, good. Having basic knowledge of html and css is cool but its never a criteria that prevents one from becoming an expert in web dev. Like I said, you can decide to become full back end programmer without HTML and CSS. Someone can handle the aspect of HTML and CSS part if you can't.

There is a guy at my end that doesn't even care about HTML and CSS as he has someone that takes care of it while he focus on back end. Its main selling point is back end and he is extremely good at it. what would you say about that. Is he a web programmer or not.

I never said , becoming an expert . Even me myself , I am no expert, I doesn’t care about my front end , I have a front end guy doing it or I purchase template or I do it myself which is time consuming but I mostly purchase. I work mostly at backend. I said, have a basic knowledge of it , so you can effectively work on backend.
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by codesngr(m): 9:28pm On Jun 07, 2021
Chukwudaalu:

It is not compulsory to know HTML, and CSS to become a good programmer. There are other areas in IT where requisite knowledge of these two, is not essential.

Dear chukwudalu It is compulsory to have basic knowledge of HTML and css to learn and work with your programming language effectively.
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by stanliwise(m): 9:30pm On Jun 07, 2021
Chukwudaalu:

That guy is just trying to massage his ego, he is trying so hard to sell css and html error he made initially that I corrected him about. Little did he know that html and css were not in existence before 1993, Which was until Tim Berner lee invented the web. He is a learner and so just going head strong.

So people who code robotics, IOT and embedded system close bare metal would learn html and css to do so.
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by codesngr(m): 9:30pm On Jun 07, 2021
Chukwudaalu:

Let me say you are a web backend developer. How can you output your information from backend to your user. if you don’t know html ? Same goes with app
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by Chukwudaalu(m): 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2021
codesngr:

Dear chukwudalu It is compulsory to have basic knowledge of HTML and css to learn and work with your programming language effectively.
All right Sir. You are right.
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by Chukwudaalu(m): 9:44pm On Jun 07, 2021
stanliwise:

That guy is just trying to massage his ego, he is trying so hard to sell css and html error he made initially that I corrected him about. Little did he know that html and css were not in existence before 1993, Which was until Tim Berner lee invented the web. He is a learner and so just going head strong.

So people who code robotics, IOT and embedded system close bare metal would learn html and css to do so.
Don't waste your time trying to convince him. He believes programming starts, and ends in Web development only.
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by stanliwise(m): 9:48pm On Jun 07, 2021
Chukwudaalu:

Don't waste your time trying to convince him. He believes programming starts, and ends in Web development only.
He don’t believe, he failed woefully and using all means to avoid shame.

He is in total shock but as you know he first abuse me and now can’t go back on his words.

He is even trying to find a consolation ground by saying it is just the foundation.

But no p. Let him wallow in shame
Peace
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by codesngr(m): 8:43am On Jun 08, 2021
stanliwise:

He doesn’t believe, he failed woefully and using all means to avoid shame.

He is in total shock but as you know he first abuses me and now can’t go back on his words.

He is even trying to find a consolation ground by saying it is just the foundation.

But no p. Let him wallow in shame
Peace

grin grin grin grin

I no blame una , So if u go for an exam and they ask you what is HTML and CSS used for. you will write HTML and CSS is used for web development only.

Html and CSS are used for web/app/ desktop and more. you need a basic knowledge of it. you telling the op he doesn't need HTML and CSS in programming, that's where I corrected you. instead of accepting you re wrong, you keep beating the bush, looking for who insults who. I dont know correcting someone means an insult.

language and framework like

python
PHP
java
r
dart
flutter
laravel
and more

needs HTML and CSS. imagine been a backend developer, how can you output information from the backend if u don't have basic knowledge of the frontend.

both apps .how can you understand the flutter widget without HTML.

Have Basic Knowledge of Html And CSS
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by stanliwise(m): 10:17am On Jun 08, 2021
Re: Which Computer Language Best Suite A Beginner by qtguru(m): 11:17am On Jun 08, 2021
Java , this Language is awesome to me and best suited for learning

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! I Have Been Locked Out my of Gmail Account Because Of 2step Verification / How To Create Paystack Donation Page On Blogger Website / ......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.