Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas (49958 Views)

PDP's John Gabaya Wins Bwari Area Council Election / 22-year-old Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins U.S. Council Election / John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by jojo1415: 10:05pm On Jun 07, 2021
Igbo Amaka world wide tongue tongue
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by JohnSin97: 10:05pm On Jun 07, 2021
Good news in a long while.
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by Nonybb: 10:06pm On Jun 07, 2021
If he was in Nigeria, Buhari could have looked the other way and appoint an Hausa Fulani man
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by Rugaria: 10:06pm On Jun 07, 2021
AdolfHitlerxXx:

Kiss my black ass!
Mutants don't grow ass...
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by bigpicture001: 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2021
Why are nigerian jostlingbfor political position up and down in thr US....y dont they just face hard wotk and make big big money....

Over there political positions dont giv money,just honour
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by dolfamah(m): 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2021
Where thinks work. Here grand pa and great grand pa's will never allow youths to run things. Congrat guy in the land were the youth are leaders of today.
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by TrumpDonald2: 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2021
SmartPolician:
That dude looks too young to be 22.
Anyways, congratulations to him.
Yea bro. I think they meant 32.
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by Mandela887(m): 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2021
It can only b an Igbo man....Igbo Amaka seriously

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by AbuAeesha: 10:08pm On Jun 07, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
Since I was born and now I'm getting old
I have never seen a Northerner go abroad and Excel

Even the Muslims from Syria that entered Europe started riots,protest, attacks and beheading a French teacher.

without thinking hard i got u this
Jelani Aliyu from sokoto is a Nigerian automotive designer who
worked for the American car company General Motors.
He was a senior creative designer at GM, until his
appointment as the Director general of the Nigerian
Automotive Design and Development Council.
u probably know this but hatred will never allow you to think about it

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by Jolomenas: 10:11pm On Jun 07, 2021
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by Sufferingboy(f): 10:11pm On Jun 07, 2021
Drug amaka grin

Now play I dey ohh.
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by 9jaRealist: 10:11pm On Jun 07, 2021
SmartPolician:
That dude looks too young to be 22.

Anyways, congratulations to him.
grandstar:
So young!

He looks old. If his age hadn't been mentioned, I would have thought mid 30s. He's probably grown his beards and mustache to make him look older.

This is strange. Texas is a Republican state, a state with no state taxes and without the overbearing regulations that hamper California. It's a miracle he won that ticket as a Democrat.

Can it turn Democrat with the continuous inflow of Hispanics to the state? Only the future can tell.

If he grew up here in Naija…
Nairalanders would assure us that he is lying about his age!
grin grin grin
>
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by Godwin25king: 10:12pm On Jun 07, 2021
SultanOfPuna:

Even the Muslims from Syria that entered Europe started riots,protest, attacks and beheading a French teacher.

grin
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by gowonmaharajah(m): 10:14pm On Jun 07, 2021
Arda1000:

Dabiri-Erewa said that she had contacted Ezeonu earlier before the election to give him words of encouragement and support. (NAN)

hypocrite
will you keep quiet?
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by Blue3k(m): 10:14pm On Jun 07, 2021
grandstar:
So young!

He looks old. If his age hadn't been mentioned, I would have thought mid 30s. He's probably grown his beards and mustache to make him look older.

This is strange. Texas is a Republican state, a state with no state taxes and without the overbearing regulations that hamper California. It's a miracle he won that ticket as a Democrat.

Can it turn Democrat with the continuous inflow of Hispanics to the state? Only the future can tell.

Not really Dallas County is very much a Democrat area. Its been that way for at least a decade.
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:15pm On Jun 07, 2021
grandstar:
So young!

You have not been following,Texas is becoming more and more democratic they have started voting in Democrats and they recently had big wins in local elections.It is because if young voters and changing demographics favouring minorities which is why Democrats have started doing well in southern states like Georgia,Arizona and Texas.Why won't government tax the people politics is changing and the people moving into Texas vote democratic too a lot of analyst have pointed this out that Texas is trending Democratic

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by sammyscholar(m): 10:15pm On Jun 07, 2021
Edygrin:
Since we can't appreciate what we have by voting competent people to power in Africa, the whites will show us how to do it.

If Obama contested an election in Kenya, he would lose to an old man.

We forget that the older someone gets the slower he becomes physically and mentally, Nigeria is moving slow (if at all it's moving) today because we have not just old people but incompetent old people in power.

Congrats to this young man. Don't disappoint the black race
Joe Biden is 78, so it's not necessarily by age!
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by otuomasirichi: 10:17pm On Jun 07, 2021
cool cool cool

This is Merit and not Quota system.

If it was in Nigeria, Buhari and his Cabals will give it to a Northerner that does not know his left or right.

I keep saying it, Buhari, Pantami, Garba Shehu, Adamu Garba and his fellow Cow Republic of Nigeria, are the problem of Nigeria.

If you separate the North from Nigeria, Nigeria will get better. As far as the Northerners are in Nigeria, Nigeria will never get better.

Take it to the Bank
cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by MadamExcellency: 10:17pm On Jun 07, 2021
grandstar:
So young!

Hispanics voted Republicans in this election.
Republicans swept away traditional Democrats counties and municipalities in this election.

Republican Wins Mayoral Race in 85% Latino Texas Town Where Hillary Clinton Won by 40 Points
BY ALEXANDRA HUTZLER ON 6/7/21

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-wins-mayoral-race-85-latino-texas-town-where-hillary-clinton-won-40-points-1598154
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by Curious345: 10:18pm On Jun 07, 2021
hope4nigeria:
we can never be one with evil Hausa fulanis.
but we are already one
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by Plusk4u: 10:19pm On Jun 07, 2021
Congratulations brother,
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by abbey621(m): 10:20pm On Jun 07, 2021
People it's just city council.....chill out, we have many Africans on city councils and other city positions throughout the USA, honestly not a big deal, some people don dey fight and curse their tribal mates over nothing, population fo the city is about 210,000 not even up to Ikeja. Good achievement but the next step is for the man to make it to the state level and hopefully continue to rise. This is where he has to make compromises and dine with the devil.....politics sha grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by 9jaRealist: 10:20pm On Jun 07, 2021
SultanOfPuna:

Just off the top of my head…

Jelani Aliyu won plaudits and awards while at Ford Motors in the US.
And only recently, Prof. Ibrahim Abubakar was appointed Dean at University College London.

Pretty sure that are several others.
>

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by Pray(m): 10:23pm On Jun 07, 2021
Abike should go and congratulate him on Twitter.
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by Edygrin(m): 10:23pm On Jun 07, 2021
sammyscholar:
Joe Biden being 78 is surrounded by Young people.. But that doesn't mean he's not slow too
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by 9jaRealist: 10:24pm On Jun 07, 2021
sammyscholar:

Exactly! Trump was 70 years when he was elected…
And Biden’s closest Democratic challenger (Sanders) was 78.
>
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by Edygrin(m): 10:25pm On Jun 07, 2021
LagbajaTheBEREAN:

I got your memo, boss.

But we're the only people of earth who will rather pay not to learn from history but to repeat it, that's why the holiest of holy, Buhari ain't bothered if the country goes the way of Somalia. Some of us are of the notion that 2023 may likely be a rude reawakening but trust me for few cups of rice and maybe few naira notes some will ditch their rights and continue with the blame game.
Nothing will change. No one man can change Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by kabukabu50(m): 10:26pm On Jun 07, 2021
9jaRealist:

Ibo Amak….let me not finish it… cheesy grin grin

Seriously though, regardless of ethnicity, it’s always good to counterbalance these types of stories against those like that of (for example) Invictus Obi or Abidemi Rufai. Of course, one difference might be that this dude was likely US-raised, but (speaking from PERSONAL experience) the Nigerian cultural traits of self-ambition, self-assurance, doggedness and determination, even in the face of odds (combined with an appreciation for personal achievement), still runs deep in the diasporic blood.

Naija no dey carry last - except here in Nigeria!!
grin
>

Igbo cultural traits of self ambition and determination.
Show me one story in the last 20 yrs of a Northern person abroad being a successful politician,student,athelete,inventor investor...
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by Banmeallday: 10:28pm On Jun 07, 2021
What does Nigeria or Nideco have to do with this? Nideco dem also get Media officer to be writing like Femi Adesina.....Hopefully they no get bandits for there.

Congrats to the Young Man but Nigg Area has nothing to do with his election
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by Mozegee: 10:31pm On Jun 07, 2021
It can only be people from the south. And it can only happen in a sane country not in this sithhole of a country called Nigeria. I am proud of you bro and so happy you escape the harsh condition we are facing in this country.
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by GODPUNISHALABI: 10:32pm On Jun 07, 2021
Useless woman ... she is still a useless tribalist
Re: Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas by lexy2014: 10:32pm On Jun 07, 2021
AuntLaVIV:

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/06/07/nigerian-steve-ezeonu-22-wins-city-council-election-in-texas-nidcom-celebrates/

Simplyleo ur attention is needed here. Am surprised u are one of d first to break d ice on this thread based on d ethnicity of d individual in d story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Azubuike Chikere-Wanjoku Storms INEC Collation Centre,Wants Return Of N12m Bribe / Atiku Abubakar In Senate Over Modibbo Adama University Of Technology Bill / 2 Truckloads Of Armed Fulani Herdsmen Arrive In Akure - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.