Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest (2199 Views)

NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike / Peter Obi At MKO Abiola's Residence In Ikeja For The June 12 Event / #ElZakzaky: Shittes Join June 12 Protest In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by blues234: 8:38pm On Jun 07, 2021
Nigerian government seems to have declared war on her citizens with her recent stands on national issue. However, that is normal, as every government will do it's best to protect her interest and sovereignty.
However, my concern is about the upcoming protest by 12 of June 2021. Igbos, both in the East and else where should be wise enough to keep off from the protest. The reason is simple, it is very easy to scapegoat Igbos and make the protest Igbos vs Federal Government, or Igbo against others.
This is not just an assumption, but realities judging from past events, especially the very recent End Sars protest. The Nigerian security forces find joy in spilling Igbo bloods. As a concern Igbo man, I will advice my brothers to keep off from such protest, and also not allow any of our cities to be used for such protest.
From the military operation in the west, to genocide in the east... historical factst.
From End Sars Protest to Obigbo Massacre and recent military operation in the East.
We should be wise not to repeat history.
Onye ndi iro mbara gburgburu de ze onwe ya.

16 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by Is04970: 8:41pm On Jun 07, 2021
Why not tell us Igbos should boycott the protest because of the significance of the date and the candidate?
The major issue facing the Southern part of Nigeria is because a good number of Igbos think the world revolve around them. They are jealous of Yorubas.

12 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by Coldshisha: 8:42pm On Jun 07, 2021
Who asked 5%ter to join anyways

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by Kylekent59: 8:49pm On Jun 07, 2021
Coldshisha:
Your work here on Nairaland is to create enemity among tribes in Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by Coldshisha: 8:50pm On Jun 07, 2021
Kylekent59:

Your work here on Nairaland is to create enemity among tribes in Nigeria.

So what is your own job?!

Your brother the O.P asked your fellow 5%ters not to join June 12 protest and I asked who asked inconsequential 5%ter to join anyways

Now you left your fellow 5%ter OP to wail about my comment as if you are blind of the OPs

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by Cholls(m): 8:57pm On Jun 07, 2021
Biafravd:
Inconsequential 5% people from potopoto republic also dey form for nairaland, wetin musa no go see for gate
June 12, yoruba people are ready
[img]https:///media/6-10-2018/nFVMcC.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by edoairways: 8:57pm On Jun 07, 2021
Is04970:
Why not tell us Igbos should boycott the protest because of the significance of the date and the candidate?
The major issue facing the Southern part of Nigeria is because a good number of Igbos think the world revolve around them. They are jealous of Yorubas.
Igbos don't that time

11 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by fukNaija(m): 9:02pm On Jun 07, 2021
Is04970:
you too mumu..

12 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by RisenJoe(m): 9:02pm On Jun 07, 2021
You people up there should keep deceiving yourselves.... One person will be replying his own post with multiple monikers just to give people false sense of disagreement between Yoruba and Igbo

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by heniford2: 9:04pm On Jun 07, 2021
blues234:
Nigerian government seems to have declared war on her citizens with her recent stands on national issue. However, that is normal, as every government will do it's best to protect her interest and sovereignty.
However, my concern is about the upcoming protest by 12 of June 2021. Igbos, both in the East and else where should be wise enough to keep off from the protest. The reason is simple, it is very easy to scapegoat Igbos and make the protest Igbos vs Federal Government, or Igbo against others.
This is not just an assumption, but realities judging from past events, especially the very recent End Sars protest. The Nigerian security forces find joy in spilling Igbo bloods. As a concern Igbo man, I will advice my brothers to keep off from such protest, and also not allow any of our cities to be used for such protest.
From the military operation in the west, to genocide in the east... historical factst.
From End Sars Protest to Obigbo Massacre and recent military operation in the East.
where u 4rm self
Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by Arda1000(m): 9:22pm On Jun 07, 2021
As for me y'all can protest but am not protesting,I don comot hand for nija matter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by ImmaculateJOE(m): 10:16pm On Jun 07, 2021
Exactly my people.
We should stay clear off the June 12th protest, if anything goes wrong they shift the blame on us.

Also let's endeavour to pass this OP's message through other means.. Facebook, twitter. WhatsApp and others.
Very few of us are in this forum.

10 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by JimloveTM(m): 1:50am On Jun 08, 2021
An interesting angle
Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by IJOBA11: 2:12am On Jun 08, 2021
IT’S COMMON SENSICAL cool
Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by blues234: 4:46am On Jun 08, 2021
heniford2:
where u 4rm self
I'm an Igbo man, with dread for Buhari, Nigeria and the military. Buhari does not hide his disdain for my people, Nigerians can do anything to spit my people, for example electing Buhari, and then, the military, who glees in killing my people. That one has about 3 million of my people on her casualty lists, and they are ever willing to repeat it.
Where I come from, we have this Aron settlement, that is called Nzerem. It means avoidance, in my local parlance. There is a reason my ancestors respect the old clever tortoise a lot. He is not the fastest among animals, nor the strongest, but his witty nature and ability to avoid his enemies, naturally keeps him safe, and he outlives the strongest and fastest animal. Ever wonder why the tortoise can live up to a hundred years?
If the Igbo must survive in a toxic system as Nigeria, then we have to adopt the Nzerem method. We must mind our business.
Our cities and enclaves must not be used for the protest. We must avoid trouble by all means.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by AvantConsulting: 4:57am On Jun 08, 2021
blues234:
You too mumu

You this inconsequential 5%er that has been wounded, crushed, brushed, mylonized, and caged are also forming James Bond. Chai! There's nothing Musa no go see for gate!
Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by escapefromusa(f): 4:59am On Jun 08, 2021
Is04970:

You no well walahi. Na Yoruba wey burn down house of the Fulani Sarki...

Those are the Yoruba's Igbo people are jealous of ... common man.

Yoruba and Igbo are both stupid. You burn down Seriki Fulani house , knowing fully well the repercussions.

Haba ... Tinubu is the only Yoruba man to be feared or respect for now. The guy has balls to stand alone!

No be this wan omo oduduwa dey doo. .. Twitter banning is killing of freedom of speech.

Who benefits the most from Banning twitter, is it not the next president.. which ethnic group them wan give .. I know its not the North.

Yeye dey smell ..Easterners are right afterall .. yall insane
Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by AvantConsulting: 5:00am On Jun 08, 2021
blues234:

I'm an Igbo man, with dread for Buhari, Nigeria and the military. Buhari does not hide his disdain for my people, Nigerians can do anything to spit my people, for example electing Buhari, and then, the military, who glees in killing my people. That one has about 3 million of my people on her casualty lists, and they are ever willing to repeat it.
Where I come from, we have this Aron settlement, that is called Nzerem. It means avoidance, in my local parlance. There is a reason my ancestors respect the old clever tortoise a lot. He is not the fastest among animals, nor the strongest, but his witty nature and ability to avoid his enemies, naturally keeps him safe, and he outlives the strongest and fastest animal. Ever wonder why the tortoise can live up to a hundred years?
If the Igbo must survive in a toxic system as Nigeria, then we have to adopt the Nzerem method. We must mind our business.
Our cities and enclaves must not be used for the protest. We must avoid trouble by all means.
Oh really? But you can kill government officials and destroy government properties to bring trouble upon your own people. You're too mumu!
Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by chiedu7: 5:03am On Jun 08, 2021
Please ignore this person

he just launched this profile to sow problems

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by Nobody: 5:12am On Jun 08, 2021
blues234:

Nigerian insecurity forces take joy in spilling Igbo blood because they know nothing will happen except chest beating.
Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by Mixedfruit: 5:29am On Jun 08, 2021
Coldshisha:
@coldshisha you see, when I told you last year that you no longer have sense, you didn't believe me, now you have proved me right before the whole world

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by Zionmdde: 5:33am On Jun 08, 2021
Is04970:
Ogbeni sharrap there and respond to d endsars part where d entire protest was turned to make it look like Igbos orchestrated d whole thing to destroy yoruba land. Jealous indeed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by Zionmdde: 5:37am On Jun 08, 2021
cocolacec:
Igbomustgo
And who will answer for the offence of all the igbos killed by herdsmen? All d farms destroyed?
Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by Whoube99(f): 7:12am On Jun 08, 2021
blues234:

They should not drag any sane person into their stupid protest.
When we were warning in 2015 and 2019 about a colossal disaster and a ticking time bomb waiting to explode they were so daft & deaf but resorted to name calling. Now that the chicken has come to roast, they are here looking for supporters for a silly protest, go call wole Soyinka, tunde bakare, oby ezekwezili, pat utomi, Laurette onochie, sng, bbog, Adams osho pikin to join una
Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 08, 2021
The OP has a point.

The federal government seems to consider the Igbos easy targets to flex their muscles on.

But, if this was a nationwide protest, it will be difficult for the federal government to attack all the regions in the south at once.
Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by Oesophagus99(m): 7:46am On Jun 08, 2021
blues234:

Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by OfoIgbo: 7:59am On Jun 08, 2021
Any Igbo person that comes here advocating for Igbos not to be a part of the June 12 protest is probably not a real Igbo.

Niggaz got gunz now. An Obigbo will probably not happen again as they will be dying the same way we will be dying

Any protest that seeks to END 1999 Constitution and END BUHARIs regime is a welcome development.

The security forces are even currently in Igboland so we have absolutely nothing to loose.

This protest needs Igbo resilience, aggressive nature and adaptability for it to be successful, otherwise it will fail in a matter of hours.

Alternatively Igbos can keep the Nigerian security forces bogged down in the east while the June 12 protests carry on elsewhere, ensuring the security forces are tied down in such a way, they won't be able to quell the June 12 protests
Re: Igbos Should Not Join The June 12 Protest by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 08, 2021
Is04970:

On the contrary, while the Igbo man isn't perfect,the Yoruba is guilty of this particular claim.

For example, when the End Sars protest happened, SWesterners on this platform began to claim the Igboman was trying to destroy Lagos - that the Igbo was responsible for attacking and burning the oba of Lagos palace.
When the police eventually arrested those responsible for the palace attacks unsurprisingly enough, it was yorubas- but many of you guys stick to your mendacious claims.

How about the double standard you guys display over igboho and the Eastern separatists ?

Let the igbo's sit back out of this one-after all we showed no ambiguity in rejecting this present administration,we are the 5% who don't deserve to have a voice in Nigeria- something the Yoruba was till recently are very quick to remind us

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Of President Buhari And South East Leaders In Imo State / Mkpurummiri(crystal Meth) And The Complicity Of NDLEA. / PDP Crisis: It's Time Nigerians Know The Truth - Gov. Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.