Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) (27388 Views)

Abdulaziz Yari, The Most Useless Governor In Nigeria - Kadaria Ahmed / Kadaria Ahmed Final Poll Results On INEC Chairman's Resignation / It is An Honour To Be Despised By Fools - Kadaria Ahmed.. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by Ournolly: 4:27am On Jun 08, 2021
bunto:
Well, do me, I do you, God no vex!

Twitter did their own, FG did their own. Why are Nigerians now crying.

Twitter thought they had monopoly of rules and regulations abi?
First of all, Twitter did not restrict anyone from using their services to express their opinion, they however have an outstanding rules against violence and threats to violence. Facebook do have such rules too.

Buhari made such stupid statement filled with hate and Twitter quickly removed such trash from their platform, Facebook did so too.

If you go to Twitter and threaten violence, Twitter will not hesitate to remove such trash from their platform, they do that to everyone including POTUS.

Buhari is just another confused egomaniac that is trying to protect his shattered ego.

I guess you're just another BMC on 30k stipends so arguing with you is a typical waste of time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by Nauttyprof(m): 4:47am On Jun 08, 2021
This same woman was responsible for our problem today. The presidential debate revealed how she wanted Buhari to become the president amongst several other candidates.
Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by Masterchef(m): 5:05am On Jun 08, 2021
Nigerians need to keep talking until the message to government is clear and the same irrespective of whether it's coming from the North or South. This is what the anarchists in power will never tolerate.
Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by justjify(m): 5:24am On Jun 08, 2021
Mumu repentant Booharideen
Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by NoRetreat(m): 6:08am On Jun 08, 2021
The writer/reporter of this piece is a one sided journalist, I listened to her interview on Radio Now. She went further yo talk about the agitation going on in the country . She gave an eye opening statement as to what the war can do to our beloved country. A particular Mr. Austin attacked her reasoning but he was floored by her superior argument.
Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by duality(m): 6:16am On Jun 08, 2021
I don't take Kadaria serious for obvious reasons.

I think all those who where not reasonable in their attacks to opposing voices pre- 2015 elections, should not be given any audience.

We know them and how they operate. If they were wrong then, they could be wrong now.

Because they are not reasonable.

Worse was when the government came in and we pointed out the evil and failures of theses government , they still defended it.

So I'm not interested in who said what. All of them should be ignored abeg sad

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by AnanseK(m): 6:23am On Jun 08, 2021
Meanwhile, Baba enjoyed his Twitter meal

Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by FirePower1(m): 6:54am On Jun 08, 2021
Boko Haram is giving way to Twitter Haram. When will all the harams end and Nigerians will be free to be informed and express themselves? Only then will this nation begin to experience tangible development.
Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by knowhowk: 7:12am On Jun 08, 2021
Racoon:
Hehehe! God save your soul Madam Kadara.You shall surely eat from the puddle you cook.
. How do you mean ?
Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by ransomed: 7:33am On Jun 08, 2021
Borrow them your dentition, they will test the sharp side on your nose first.
Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by SonOfTheRisingS: 7:39am On Jun 08, 2021

See how just one positive sanction from Twitter Nation exposes the zoo called nigeria hypocrites.

But in Nigeria fulani and northern evil contraption are busy suppressing protesters expressing themselves against evil nigeria system.

Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by seyz91(m): 7:43am On Jun 08, 2021
cheesy
SILVERLINES:
wink

In the zoooo nothing like freedom of speech

It's all about tyranny
Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by proclinician: 7:52am On Jun 08, 2021
The bastards that they restricted their Twitter access do not know their rights are being tampered with self.
Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by kernniejay(m): 8:58am On Jun 08, 2021
Our verdict: After lifting the ban on twitter, no APC candidate for 2023 elections and any other election should use twitter to campaign henceforth.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by okuta007: 9:12am On Jun 08, 2021
Speaktruth88:

Park left Atiku was a bull sh!t candidate your people did not pick well. We know him you don’t.

I am not an Atiku supporter but an apostle of fairness - why couldn't she treat Atiku and others like she treated Buhari ?
Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by King44(m): 10:09am On Jun 08, 2021
Edygrin:
Tomorrow's Headline - NBC Suspends Radio Now For Blah Blah Blah

That's how predictable and tyrannical Buhari's government is.

The presenter will be tagged an IPOB terrorist.

People should not waste their time quoting the constitution to this government, Buhari doesn't take the constitution serious and I don't blame him, I blame the rubber stamp National assembly who should be checking his excesses but are busy sharing billions.
The national assembly is a complete rubber stamp, their duty is to check and balance the gvt, but right now nothing like that they have infused the power of the executive with legislative power.... While we are watching to see if the judiciary has not been compromised as well... By now, the judiciary should be tough on the other two arms if the gvt.

But it is all talk talk talk no action...

Till Buhari aims comes to past which is ensuring genocide. All his action and his statement points to that.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by Edygrin(m): 10:25am On Jun 08, 2021
King44:
The national assembly is a complete rubber stamp, their duty is to check and balance the gvt, but right now nothing like that they have infused the power of the executive with legislative power.... While we are watching to see if the judiciary has not been compromised as well... By now, the judiciary should be tough on the other two arms if the gvt.

But it is all talk talk talk no action...

Till Buhari aims comes to past which is ensuring genocide. All his action and his statement points to that.

What do you expect from a judiciary headed by a Fulani sharia judge
Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by King44(m): 10:35am On Jun 08, 2021
Edygrin:

What do you expect from a judiciary headed by a Fulani sharia judge
my expectation was too high.

I forgot that Buhari single handedly picked him and that of the Legislative arm, and that is why if any member wants to say anything reasonable they would call it a bluff and move to the next proceedings.

Very useless gvt.

Them don carry us handicap.

May God help us, Buhari was given a chance because we think he would fill up the lapses of Janathan but now... Him and is family pantami, malami, adamu and others in also rock has turn this country to a family affair.

I know this won't end well for them... This is not the 1970s or 80s..

How could a president pick someone to head both the legislative and judiciary arm of the gvt? They said the Constitution paved way for that, and we are expecting check and balance.

That 1999 Constitution should be torn apart
Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by orisa37: 10:44am On Jun 08, 2021
Yes it is.

Twitter's Action also is a violation of human rights of expression.
Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by orisa37: 10:47am On Jun 08, 2021
Yes it is.

Twitter's Action also is a violation of human rights of expression.

Twitter is also playing mightier than thou Government.
Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by orisa37: 11:22am On Jun 08, 2021
The whole world knows that BUHARI is Senile and has DEMENTIA, his people elected him not Twitter.
Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by orisa37: 11:25am On Jun 08, 2021
The whole world knows that BUHARI is Senile and has DEMENTIA, his people elected him not Twitter.

A mad man who says he is not mad WON'T stay where he is forever..
Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by orisa37: 11:29am On Jun 08, 2021
SILVERLINES:
wink

It's all about tyranny

So, he will die an AUTOCRATS NOT DEMOCRATS.
Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by orisa37: 11:31am On Jun 08, 2021
SILVERLINES:
wink

It's all about tyranny

So, he will die an AUTOCRATS NOT DEMOCRATS. OBJ & GEJ ARE ALREADY QUALIFIED AS DEMOCRATS.
Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by orisa37: 11:44am On Jun 08, 2021
Luckydubby7:
Hmm
Only God will judge buhari and his very few remaining supporters.

The Demons are many BANDITS and BOKOHARAM AND NOW FULAM IS THREATENING TO DESTROY FACEBOOK, WAWWOO, GOOGLE, OPERA, NAIRALAND, RUSSIALAND ETCETERA ETCETERA BECAUSE TWITTER DARED HIM. ONLY LAIING MALAMI PANTAMI MUST LIVE.
Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by akdjr(m): 6:38pm On Jun 08, 2021
Na the same thing me and you de talk ooo. I don't support twitter Ban cos I use Twitter a lot. But if his post violate there rulesbof Twitter and they take down his tweet which is their right to do so and now Buhari as the president of Nigeria also decided to Ban them from operating in Nigeria for allowing people to use their platform to promote disunity that can lead to war which is right as a president of a sovereign Nation then na 1:1 quote author=Ournolly post=102491151]

If someone posted messages that is against the Twitter terms of service, Twitter reserves the right to remove such messages.

Buhari's messages was clearly against the Twitter terms of service and was rightly removed. [/quote]
Re: Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) by Ournolly: 7:12pm On Jun 08, 2021
akdjr:
Na the same thing me and you de talk ooo. I don't support twitter Ban cos I use Twitter a lot. But if his post violate there rulesbof Twitter and they take down his tweet which is their right to do so and now Buhari as the president of Nigeria also decided to Ban them from operating in Nigeria for allowing people to use their platform to promote disunity that can lead to war which is right as a president of a sovereign Nation then na 1:1 quote author=Ournolly post=102491151]

If someone posted messages that is against the Twitter terms of service, Twitter reserves the right to remove such messages.

Buhari's messages was clearly against the Twitter terms of service and was rightly removed.
We are not saying the same thing.
Twitter removes Buhari's post because it violates their terms of service, Buhari's bloated ego was hurt, he went ahead to ban Twitter in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Obasanjo And Ernest Sonekan / APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead / Akeredolu Purchases N1.2 Billion Cars For Ondo Lawmakers, PDP Blasts Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.