Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Tiler Or Barbing, - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Tiler Or Barbing, (10896 Views)

Which Is More Profitable In A University Environment - Tailoring Or Barbing / Between "Barbing And Phone Repair" Which One Is More Lucrative To Learn / Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by EduBrazil1991(m): 11:15pm On Jun 09, 2021
[quote author=Ninobraw post=102489285]Good day everyone no need for a long story. A friend seriously need your advice.
If you have to advise someone, between learning tiling (tiles work) and Barbing (cut hair)
which will you have advise the person to learn.
please you have to also state your reason just help out.
Please I am begging you to also advise like a brother please.
The guy is 28yrs old, he gat 500k already from his bro in Canada, but confused in the one to learn. He is a married man with 1 kid. [

Abeg make that guy go into yam farming with that amount he will make x3 of it after 7 to 8 months..

I can put him through if he doesn't mind.

I have applied for a loan of 700k but lack of good collateral dem no gree oooo
Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by Goodoption(m): 11:17pm On Jun 09, 2021
Bro you are already done.

If you know what will be good for you just go learn barbing or phone repair and thank me later.

I'm into tilling, but bro expenses outweighs the income.

Reason why you should stay away from tilling.

1. You are not valued in the labour maker because those you are working with are rich men

2. Intimidation is of high volume
3. It is very had to have your money fully payed
4. You age faster
5. You can't build a better connection that will improve you rather is big men that wouldn't even like to spend Kobo on a dirty worker like you.
6. A little mistake your money is gone
7. depreciation In price.
And many more.
No time for yourself, worse if you're a student.

It's an experience, and am even planning to decamp very soon.

But still yet grace differs.

5 Likes

Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by geladinho1(m): 11:23pm On Jun 09, 2021
Go for barbing and if u want to make it fast open shop around any military barrack I swear u will make it big. Am talking from esperience
Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by IVORY2009(m): 12:47am On Jun 10, 2021
sapphiere:
Most Nigerian guys don't cut their hair again. They go about with bushy dusty hair. To them it's fashion.

Go for tiling. Everyday people are building houses and the amount got in one tiling contract outweighs the amount got in cutting 5000 people's hair.
Note that the highest a Nigerian man would pay to cut his hair is N300 and most of them don't cut their hair again.

Like me, I cut my hair myself, skin no Barber shop again for the past 3 yrs now grin

1 Like

Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by Powersurge: 12:50am On Jun 10, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright.....the two dey bring money sha
To me I recommend barbing anyday anytime twice on Wednesday

Niggarzz will always want a nice cut and shave till the end of time
If you can set up a type of barbing saloon that looks dope
Like the one set up by ice cube in that movie tittled " barbers shop"
If you can set up such funny environment like that barbers shop then where ever you are located i will come and have a nice cut....
Love that movie so much ft ice cube, nicky minaj, Cedric the entertainer, Michael ealy, queen latifah, Regina hall, Anthony Anderson, common Rashid, drain cole and Michael reiny

If u don light your poli like this, u dey get inspiration everywhere.
Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by Trutherme: 1:05am On Jun 10, 2021
Ninobraw:
Good day everyone no need for a long story. A friend seriously need your advice.
If you have to advise someone, between learning tiling (tiles work) and Barbing (cut hair)
The guy is 28yrs old, he gat 500k already from his bro in Canada, but confused in the one to learn. He is a married man with 1 kid.

Tiling, in my opinion. You don't know how long and hard it took me to get a reliable tiler a few months ago.

Kudos to his brother for helping out financially. Please tell him to leave him alone for now cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by frozen70(f): 1:23am On Jun 10, 2021
Ninobraw:
Good day everyone no need for a long story. A friend seriously need your advice.
The guy is 28yrs old, he gat 500k already from his bro in Canada, but confused in the one to learn. He is a married man with 1 kid.

Tilling is professional, so he has to learn it and learn it properly

Barbing is something that you can learn within three months and set up a shop

With the above two, he has the chance to be busy with Barbing any time he has no Tilling to do
Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by skywalker240(m): 3:18am On Jun 10, 2021
sapphiere:
Most Nigerian guys don't cut their hair again. They go about with bushy dusty hair. To them it's fashion.

Go for tiling. Everyday people are building houses and the amount got in one tiling contract outweighs the amount got in cutting 5000 people's hair.
Note that the highest a Nigerian man would pay to cut his hair is N300 and most of them don't cut their hair again.
See where your reasoning carry you go, woman will always be a woman

For starters, Tilling works is kind of a seasonal job, people don't build during raining season.

It's better someone earns 300 every 25 mins of that day than to wait for weeks or months to get 300k.

Be wise

1 Like

Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by MoIbrahim: 3:20am On Jun 10, 2021
Ninobraw:

Only you can answer this. What do you want to be in life and which one will take you there?

Note: do what you love and you will never have to work a day in your lifetime. This way, the money must come!
Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by HRMK: 3:22am On Jun 10, 2021
that depends on how fast u want to make it in life!if its regular chopmoney u want,go for barbing!if its abt bn successful within a timeframe,go for tiling!!
Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by flow26(m): 3:30am On Jun 10, 2021
Tiling it is. The real estate/construction industry keeps expanding and I can tell you there are not enough good tilers so with good marketing strategy and grace,the sky is the limit.
Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by Originalsly: 3:56am On Jun 10, 2021
Tiling.... not many people do tiling... but a whole lot are barbers. If barbing must pay the bills and take care of the family.... one has to be living in a city where men pay attention to their hair. How good is he with hand skills?.... a successful barber has to be better than most .... and has to find his customers. Most people do not jump from one barber to the other.... they stick with one as long as possible... he has to build reputation and that takes time ... if he is that good.
Tiling..... buildings be going up everyday... almost all need tiling done. He can invest the money in buying equipment for tiling... including a tile cutter to up his levels above the ordinary tiler. He can learn from You Tube .... it will be soo much easier to be rated as a tiler than a barber. No comparison when it comes to earnings.

1 Like

Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by Odogiawa(m): 4:11am On Jun 10, 2021
Tiling would be better,only a contract would turn things around for u.but how i wish u would learn screeding and stuco and high quality paint production as well as painting.unlike me dis is wat i do.one wrk will announce u to another person especially wen u are good in them. Bought my land dis yr with dis yr and d 4 bedroom building is on the window level already with dis same wrk

2 Likes

Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by DeIneffable(m): 5:48am On Jun 10, 2021
He won't need all that 500k to learn both.
he can learn both and use the remaining to open a barbershop already (to sustain income). Look for a good barber to hire and share profits with and also use style to learn from.

The OCD in me also made me correct your English, sorry.

Ninobraw:
Good day everyone no need for a long story. A friend seriously needs your advice.
which will you have to advise the person to learn.
Please I am begging you to also advise like a brother, please.
The guy is 28yrs old, he got 500k already from his bro in Canada but confused about the one to learn. He is a married man with 1 kid.
Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by phemmyfour: 6:03am On Jun 10, 2021
Ninobraw:
Barbing
Tiling money is seasonal

Overall, let him go for what suits its talent.
Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by phemmyfour: 6:07am On Jun 10, 2021
sapphiere:

Do you know what it takes for a building to get to tiling stage. Barbing gives daily income from babies, men and women
Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by Warpath(m): 6:39am On Jun 10, 2021
If you don't mind bro I'm planning on starting a project like yours and still have no idea about the how to go about the budget...would love your honest input! How much was your overall budget before starting
Odogiawa:
Tiling would be better,only a contract would turn things around for u.but how i wish u would learn screeding and stuco and high quality paint production as well as painting.unlike me dis is wat i do.one wrk will announce u to another person especially wen u are good in them. Bought my land dis yr with dis yr and d 4 bedroom building is on the window level already with dis same wrk
Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by highoctane: 7:57am On Jun 10, 2021
Since April 2020, till date, I haven't visited any barbing shop., And not ready in the near future.
Why, I bought two rechargeable hair clippers.
Floor tiling surpassed hair barbing in terms of being lucrative.
Learning these two skills ain't bad, if you are focused you can run these two business.
Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by JohnEazy(m): 8:11am On Jun 10, 2021
Guy.... learn Tiling o....at age 40+ you will rarely get customers in barbing because young guys mostly like patronizing younger hands...but one contract in Tiling can change your generational story.
Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by Odogiawa(m): 8:21am On Jun 10, 2021
Warpath:
If you don't mind bro I'm planning on starting a project like yours and still have no idea about the how to go about the budget...would love your honest input! How much was your overall budget before starting
my budget was initially 20m but way things are going high daily might be a bit more but i know the fraction won't be much..feel free to call me 07031544655
Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by Goldbw122(m): 8:44am On Jun 10, 2021
Learn barbing.. e get why.
Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by Kylekent59: 9:02am On Jun 10, 2021
xreal:
Barbing abeg.
Tiles and Tiling will be obsolete someday.
People have started buying personal Clipper, barbing their hair by themselves.
Barbing will be outdated someday.
Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by olaodun: 10:37am On Jun 10, 2021
As an experienced person learning tiling is the best , you can do work for people or sell tiles in future everybody will barb by themselves I have electric rechargeable barbing machine and for more than 3 years I barb by myself . I f you need electric barbing machine with rechargeable battery last for many days just call 08167608048 we deliver everywhere in Nigeria
Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 10, 2021
With just 100k you can make 50k daily and if you're to invest the whole 500k that's 250k daily it's just you and your bank you don't need to depend on anyone but lowest amount you can make it's like 30k at least I'll give you all necessary identification proof even one on one with lawyer if you want
Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by Captainjack100: 1:09pm On Jun 10, 2021
Odogiawa:
Sorry to quote you sir. The four bedroom you're building. How much do you think will finish that to the roofing. Asking for a brother
Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by stayclearofme: 4:00pm On Jun 10, 2021
sapphiere:

Have you shaved your own armpit air?.. olodo!
Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by Gambit23: 12:16am On Jun 14, 2021
Nonso92:
No be everybody dey put tiles for house, but man must barb at least every week. No matter where you put your shop, your customers dey for you. But use head find shop for beta location.

My 2 cent

Barber shop full everywhere though
Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by Mandela27: 6:02pm On Jun 21, 2021
Eddie360:
Oga op I'm a professional barber ryt nw but i wont advice u to go with barbing wth 500k
Dis are my reasons:
1. For u to earn much in barbing u need to make ur shop more standard whc ur 500k cannot do dat wth d way barbing things are cost(rent-200k, barbing chair d least one 35k.. let say for three barbers ie 105k,towel warmer 35k, clippers super tapper 35k*3=105, customers waiting sit 45k, mirror 50k×3, television 120k...omo dem plenty ooo electricity,generator,fan or Ac
2.u dnt knw how to barb..those barber go just d turn turn ur investment play
3.barbing business is just to sustain u for awhile cost d will be new saloon always and customers will like to taste it tooo
In ma own opinion just go for ur tilling job if u make enough cash u open saloon whc will be like anoda source of income
bro I wan follow u yarn

1 Like

Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by SpringofLife: 8:55pm On Jun 26, 2021
olaodun:
As an experienced person learning tiling is the best , you can do work for people or sell tiles in future everybody will barb by themselves I have electric rechargeable barbing machine and for more than 3 years I barb by myself . I f you need electric barbing machine with rechargeable battery last for many days just call 08167608048 we deliver everywhere in Nigeria

Please check your mail. I replied it.
Re: Tiler Or Barbing, by alexnurreo(m): 9:42pm On Oct 26, 2021
Eddie360:
Oga op I'm a professional barber ryt nw but i wont advice u to go with barbing wth 500k
Dis are my reasons:
1. For u to earn much in barbing u need to make ur shop more standard whc ur 500k cannot do dat wth d way barbing things are cost(rent-200k, barbing chair d least one 35k.. let say for three barbers ie 105k,towel warmer 35k, clippers super tapper 35k*3=105, customers waiting sit 45k, mirror 50k×3, television 120k...omo dem plenty ooo electricity,generator,fan or Ac
2.u dnt knw how to barb..those barber go just d turn turn ur investment play
3.barbing business is just to sustain u for awhile cost d will be new saloon always and customers will like to taste it tooo
In ma own opinion just go for ur tilling job if u make enough cash u open saloon whc will be like anoda source of income
well said bro. Please send me your phone number or email

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FGN-ALAT Digital Skillnovation Training Starts Today: Share Your Challenge Here / Is Your Employer Underpaying You? / How To Work Smarter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.