Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

These African Rappers Got Murdered On Their Own Track - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / These African Rappers Got Murdered On Their Own Track (392 Views)

Most Influential African Rappers Of All Time / Pray For Orile As Man Murdered On Cold Blood On Christmas Day (graphic Photos) / How Davido And/or His Boys "Unintentionally" Murdered Tagbo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

These African Rappers Got Murdered On Their Own Track by Papermanch: 9:24am On Jun 08, 2021
11 African Rappers That Got Murdered On Their Own Track.

If we are allowed to examine the circumstances surrounding rap beefs thoroughly you will agree with me that most rap beefs were masterminded by fans. Ego is also a factor, but fans are the true instigators. Just check the blogs, comments or forums. Fans are constantly pitting artists against each other for sheer entertainment. It’s even more prominent now with the advent of the internet. Every day on social media you see people ask questions such as: “who’s the better rapper?” or “who had the better verse?” just to get reactions.

We’re used to rappers claiming superiority over their peers on wax, it’s a harmless sport. Fans take it a step further by claiming their favorite is a better rapper/artiste than yours. Everyone gets riled up, and egos unfortunately get bruised. Artists eventually catch wind of the mostly negative comments and then run with it. [Case study: Nicki Minaj vs Cardi B].

Next thing you know. Both artists are beefing.

Rappers combining talents on a track is one of the bedrocks of hip hop. It’s like Superman teaming up with Iron Man to take down Thanos, or Kobe Bryant (Rest In Peace) signing with the 90’s Bulls for a one off game, to play with Jordan and Pippen. it’s unfathomable. Hip hop Collaborations give us a chance to see some of our favorites together on records, but sometimes as fans we can’t help but pick sides. We often listen with the sole intention of starting debates on who we think said what or we presume got “bodied.” Rappers are very much aware of these debates as well and are listening keenly to what is being said about them.

Hip hop is built around masochism and rappers will choose to out rap you if the opportunity presents itself. You don’t want your competition stealing your spotlight, but at the same time, you also don’t want them cashing in on a lackluster verse either. It’s a conundrum that I am glad I don’t have to worry about. That’s for the hip-hop artists to figure out and for us fans to enjoy.
These are some cases in African hip hop where I think African rappers got murdered on their own shit.

**L-Tido Feat. K.O. “We Rollin”**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATF22M4-Z0w
**Album**: All Or Nothing
**Producer**: N/A
**Year*: 2011
*Murderer*: K.O.

South African rappers L-Tido and K.O traded punches for weeks on *We Rollin*, a bar-fest of a track that showcased the duo’s impeccable pen game. As dope as L-Tido’s verses were, the rapper still played second fiddle to K.O
For what it’s worth I don’t consider it an outright K.O. Tido fought hard with some hard punches in his second verse, but it still wasn’t enough to prevent him from ending with the L.

Full story: (https://www.creative-hiphop.com/2021/05/african-rappers-killed-on-their-own-track.html)

Re: These African Rappers Got Murdered On Their Own Track by Kingosytex(m): 9:29am On Jun 08, 2021
Rap is conceptual. Some listen to fast rappers like Em, Busta Rhymes and others while others like me listen to Lil Wayne, that guy is just something else.
Re: These African Rappers Got Murdered On Their Own Track by fourboys: 1:42pm On Jun 08, 2021
Kingosytex:
Rap is conceptual. Some listen to fast rappers like Em, Busta Rhymes and others while others like me listen to Lil Wayne, that guy is just something else.
I are right bro... But Emi is a god on his own.. His story telling can never be matched... Just listen to Stan to understand better
Re: These African Rappers Got Murdered On Their Own Track by Kingosytex(m): 8:31pm On Jun 08, 2021
fourboys:
I are right bro... But Emi is a god on his own.. His story telling can never be matched... Just listen to Stan to understand better

You are right but you see my love for Wayne is undefined.

That guy's wordplays e.g Real Gees (G) move in silence like LasaGna is just something else. Wayne is an authority.

(1) (Reply)

Advice On My Relationship / See The Reply I Gave The Idiot / How To Make At Least 10k Daily With Piggyvest Its Free No Payment Required

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.