Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) (93866 Views)

British Woman, 28, Dies Two Days After Liposuction Surgery In Turkey( Pics) / 14-Year-Old Girl Grows ‘Twin Sister’ On Her Chest In Philippines (Graphic) / British Woman Who Carries Her Heart Inside A Backpack To Keep Her Alive (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by ogbiwa: 11:25am On Jun 08, 2021
A British woman rescued from the jaws of a crocodile by her twin sister who punched the reptile away is reportedly fighting for her life in a hospital in Mexico.

The animal dragged Melissa Laurie, 28, beneath the water as she was swimming in a lagoon at night with her twin Georgia.

Georgia called out for her sister and dived under water to search for her when she didn't reply.

She found Melissa floating face-down on the surface after several minutes of frantic searching about 10 miles from Puerto Escondido, a surfing resort popular with British holidaymakers.

But as she cradled her sister in her arms and swam to the boat, the crocodile attacked the women again as Georgia fought it off, punching the predator until it let go, the Mail Online reports.

The sisters' mother Sue Laurie, from Sandhurst, in Berkshire, said both women had terrible bite injuries.

Sue said both sisters were rushed to hospital where Melissa, a zookeeper, remains in a coma after coming close to drowning.

"We have twin daughters who are travelling around Mexico were attacked by a crocodile last night," she said.

"Melissa is alive, but we don't know if her injuries are life-threatening or not.

"She has water on her lungs and she has been coughing up blood. So we don't know if she has a punctured lung or not.

"She has been put into a medically induced coma."

Her father Sean added: "Georgia fought off the crocodile.

"It was only because she is a diver and has life-saving experience that she was able to save her.

"So she went under looking for her. She was very brave.

"After several minutes she found Melissa floating face down on the surface.

"But when she was bringing her back to the boat the crocodile attacked again.

"Georgia had to fight it off. She kept punching it in the head. She suffered lacerations, bite wounds too."

The twins had taken a boat trip to the Manialtepec Lagoon, which is a coastal lagoon described as a bioluminescence natural phenomenon.

Despite the warnings, the twins' father claims that the sisters were assured by their tour company that there were no crocodiles in the water.

Mr Laurie, 63, a business consultant, explained: "The girls asked specifically if it was safe to go swimming and the guide had said it was."

The sisters had been backpacking around the world, having left the UK in March and had planned to return in November.

However their parents are now considering whether they need to fly out to Mexico to bring them home.

A Foreign Office spokeswoman said: "We are supporting the family of two British women who are in hospital in Mexico, and are in contact with the local authorities."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/brit-28-fighting-life-twin-24269195

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by Designandbuild1: 11:26am On Jun 08, 2021
Wow she's brave. Quick recovery to the injured. Wetin people dey find for water I'll never know embarassed Me and water are not best mates.

Professional architect and builder here. I personalise every project to fit your taste and budget to world class quality. Info in my signature below. Get across to me to see a collection of previous jobs both here on Nairaland

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by Ammishaddai: 11:29am On Jun 08, 2021
Quite unfortunate. Wish them speedy recovery.

10 Likes

Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by lilvicky68(m): 11:33am On Jun 08, 2021
The last crocodile I kicked ran away..I for punch am..

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by istina: 11:36am On Jun 08, 2021
Jesu!
Omo, when it's not yet ur time to die nothing can kill you..

A very Brave twin sister

159 Likes 12 Shares

Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by longetivity(m): 11:38am On Jun 08, 2021
Bastard crocodile, these twins got more balls than Buhari

234 Likes 14 Shares

Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by abaimuyi(m): 11:41am On Jun 08, 2021
This one na superwoman

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by Anter: 11:52am On Jun 08, 2021
She is very brave

14 Likes

Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by Nuelito: 11:54am On Jun 08, 2021
Kudos to her....the sister is very lucky oh.

Incase you need Original Natural Honey.. kindly contact O81 O1 66 67 71 let's talk about it now...The honey is raw and Unadulterated

3 Likes

Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by Chloraseptic: 11:54am On Jun 08, 2021
Buhari is the Crocodile and Nigeria is pinned between its teeth... I wish punches could work on him.

89 Likes 8 Shares

Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by tillaman(m): 12:59pm On Jun 08, 2021
Wonder Woman

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by protector: 1:08pm On Jun 08, 2021
She was very brave to try save her sister. If it were some people, they would had swum far away from the scene. Hope they recover soon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by TheFacelessMan: 1:22pm On Jun 08, 2021
shocked

I once had a near-death experience with a man-eating crocodile.

[img]https://media1./images/0e344fe80d01fb0664d1502c9b8316d6/tenor.gif?itemid=14154072[/img]

I was on honeymoon with the love of my life.

We were on a canoe fishing in River Limpopo, off the coast of Mozambique.

Her name was Zubby, and she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen... she had a heart of pure gold cry

cry

There she was smiling, her hand cutting a path in the water....then she touched a rather large tree branch floating on the surface.

The bark of the "log" seemed rather rough and I saw the branch come to life a split second before i shouted ;

"ZUBBY!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" shocked shocked shocked

The crocodile violently rammed our canoe and rocking us back and forth, almost capsizing.

She was trembling in my arms and I was thanking my lucky stars when I felt something wet beneath my feet undecided

I looked down and I saw the nightmare of sailors world- wide : a leaking boat / ship shocked shocked shocked shocked.

The shore, 25 metres away and I knew we either had to wait for our death or risk swimming in the crocodile-infested waters

The water was fast rising, at our ankles when I made a decision, we had to abandon ship, so to speak.

" Follow my lead ", I said, as I dived into the murky brown water. undecided undecided

We had been swimming for 10 metres without incident, half way to the shore when I heard a blood-curdling scream! shocked shocked shocked

To be continued HERE! shocked shocked shocked

https://www.nairaland.com/6593212/river-death#102507545

Culled from "The Memoirs of The Faceless Man" cool

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by Gabavac: 1:22pm On Jun 08, 2021
Oh wow

1 Like

Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by channelstravel: 1:22pm On Jun 08, 2021
Brave woman. I hope her sister gets well. Very brave act.

Catherine The Great once said "I beg you take courage; the brave soul can mend even disaster.". Apt!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by GreaterFuture(m): 1:22pm On Jun 08, 2021
Really unFortunate, but they were fortunate

1 Like

Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by ednut1(m): 1:22pm On Jun 08, 2021
You will leave your country to go risk your life. These oyinbos no get sense

4 Likes

Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by Authoreety: 1:22pm On Jun 08, 2021
Na so
Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by BruncleZuma: 1:22pm On Jun 08, 2021
Olotu-ere
Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by nextBIGthing: 1:23pm On Jun 08, 2021
Real bitch
Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by MorataFC: 1:23pm On Jun 08, 2021
Woooow, thank God for her and for she grin

1 Like

Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by MorataFC: 1:24pm On Jun 08, 2021
nextBIGthing:
H
H for what?
Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by KanuSE: 1:24pm On Jun 08, 2021
Two dumb girls
Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by Angrygoat: 1:24pm On Jun 08, 2021
Na only mouth e get na. So why not
Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by inumidun2010(m): 1:24pm On Jun 08, 2021
ADRENALINE RUSH
Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by Goldenheart(m): 1:25pm On Jun 08, 2021
shocked
Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by osuofia2(m): 1:25pm On Jun 08, 2021
CC
Zzor
pocochantas.
no be to de form feminist up and down. make nna see real actions

7 Likes

Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by b3llo(m): 1:25pm On Jun 08, 2021
Hell has no fury for a woman's anger

1 Like

Re: British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) by alexsoftwork(m): 1:25pm On Jun 08, 2021
She leaned that from dj Khaled grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bodybuilding Taken Too Far.(pictures) / Nigerians Mark No Bra Day 2018 On Social Media (Photos / COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.