Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,929 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Abacha Day? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha Day? (169 Views)

Abacha Day. / Omokri To Buhari: My University In England Had A Module On Abacha’s Thievery / Buhari Praises Abacha: He Built Roads, Hospitals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abacha Day? by nemynely(m): 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2021
June 8, 1998 remains indelible in my mind.
I was a 200L undergraduate at the time and was studying some topics after regular lecture hours. Suddenly, i heard some loud shouts reverberating all over the campus. First thing that came to my mind was "are these cultists at each other's throats again?".
Curiosity got the better of those of us who were studying at the time, causing us to leave our books to head for the balcony and find out what the uproar was all about.
As soon as we heard that the tyrant in Chief, the head of State at the time - General Sani Abacha, had suddenly kicked the bucket, first we couldn't believe our ears. Next we were elated as if springs of joy burst open in our bellies. We couldn't contain the excitement. While some of us began making melody with the metal railings of the balcony, others raced downstairs for the gardens to join the bigger celebrations. The rest is history now.

Point is, I had waited patiently to see if anyone would make mention of this malevolent dictator but none did.
It goes without saying that the best part of living is in creating and leaving a good impression in the minds of whoever you meet.

There can never be an Abacha day because of all the evil he unleashed on the land to the point that there was nationwide celebration at his passing.

This present administration had better amend her ways before they receive the Abacha treatment.

So, for you, how did you receive the news of Abacha's demise?
Do you hope same fate befalls the vampires in this administration?
Vent your thoughts

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Is A Criminal, Using Biafra As Business – Asari Dokubo / Anambra : APGA Disqualifies Ex-jonathan's Aide, Two Lawmakers, Clears Soludo / Buhari Is A Willing Horse Nigerians Want To Ride To Death – Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.