Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Identify Your Enemy Ll - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Identify Your Enemy Ll (104 Views)

Top 20 MFM Personal Prayers That Can Cause The Fall Of The Enemy / ”How To Identify A Yoruba Demon” Church Program By Harvesters International / Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Identify Your Enemy Ll by kpakpandoN(m): 2:56pm On Jun 08, 2021
You cannot afford to be gentle with your enemy – the devil because if you do not get him first, he will get you. When the woman in Luke 18:1-3 prayed thus “avenge me of my adversary”, I assume:

1. That the adversary was not a stranger.
2. Since the adversary was known to her, it means the battle was not new.
3. The adversary must have wronged her significantly. Once an adversary discovers your weakness, he will keep hitting you at the same spot.
4. When the widow said, “my adversary”, it means the adversary was personal to her. It is sad that some people fight other people’s enemies-leaving theirs unchallenged.

The fact that the woman cried to the judge shows that she knew she could not fight for herself; she needed a higher power. This is exactly what David knew and wrote in Psalms 35. Goliath was a mighty external enemy; however, it was easy for David to kill him. This is because David knew that the spiritual controls the physical even from the utterance of his adversary who said in 1 Samuel 17:43:
“…Am I a dog, that thou comest to me with staves? And the Philistine cursed David by his gods.”

Why did Goliath curse David by his gods and then go head to use his weapons against the lad? Beloved, unbelievers believe that no life can be taken if the thing they believe in does not allow it. It was as if Goliath was taken permission from his gods to take David’s life. As for David, he saw Goliath as someone who tried to ridicule the Almighty God. In the end, David dealt with Goliath. Some people seem to be more benevolent than God, to their peril. When they are asked to pray to God to fight their battles for them, they keep mute, thinking it is wrong to say such prayers, whereas the man whom Psalm 35:1 described as after God’s heart prayed when confronted with the destroyers of his life. While we are not permitted to take vengeance on our adversaries, we must act like the widow in Luke 18:1-3; she reported the case to a higher authority. God is the Righteous Judge and His judgment is the most accurate (Psalm 9:cool. As you do, the Lord will fight your battle for you today in Jesus’ name.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

How To Pray And Receive Miracle / Jesus Is Always The Same / "Delight Thyself Also In The Lord."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.