Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future (4091 Views)

Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? / Wicked Married Man Messed Up My Life And Refuse To Take Responsibility / The Life And Times Of Late Mystery Man Kolawole Olawuyi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Nozino: 3:43pm On Jun 08, 2021
Dear Nlers, I have tried handling this issue offline but it seems Firstbank is after me.

I never knew my First Bank Account was a student account. I opened it with all necessary documentation including a valid ID card and utility bill. I normally don’t use it to receive or send large sum of money because I have another account.

But this changed a month ago. I was credited N308, 000 on may 8th which was a Saturday. I got an email to visit a FBN branch and I noticed a restriction was placed on my account. I had an engagement on Monday the 10th so I couldn’t visit the bank, I went there on the 11th and I was made to provide all documentation and to fill a mandate form which I did. The Customer care staff told me it will take 7-10 working days to carry out the upgrade.

I waited for three weeks and nothing happened only to get to the bank and I was told that the branch I opened the account wasn’t responding to emails and hadn’t worked on my mandate form.

My landlord is about throwing me out of my apartment ( my rent has been due since the 15th of may), I’m hungry, sick and broke. Aside the initially N308,000 I have proceeded to deposit/transfer other large sums into the account so I have a sizeable amount in the account.

I’m considering suing the bank. Is there a lawyer willing to take up the case? I have already reported the issue to cbn via their complaint unit. Twitter is down so I can’t tag them or FBN on Twitter.

Attached are screenshots of the Alert that started it and the email I got from FBN

EDIT: First bank head office got my email and asked the branch to take action. I was called by a staff this morning and they suggested I visit the branch and that a temporary suspension of the restriction be implemented to allow me withdraw pending when they finish with whatever it is that is holding them. Due to person engagement, I told them I couldn’t visit the branch today and that I wasn’t interested in a temporary solution. A staff visited my place today, probably to confirm my address but as at 4.38pm, June 9th, 2021, the restriction is yet to be lifted.

Final Edit: First bank has finally removed the restriction on the account.

Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Nozino: 3:48pm On Jun 08, 2021
Seun
Lalasticala
Dominique

Front page please. I need help.
Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 08, 2021
Wahala be like bicycle
Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Obidon1(m): 3:52pm On Jun 08, 2021
Contact barrister ikpe ama he will help you out ���

1 Like

Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by iamezekwesiri: 3:57pm On Jun 08, 2021
Which branch of FBN did you visited? and which branch is your account domiciled in.
Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Nozino: 3:58pm On Jun 08, 2021
Obidon1:

What’s his contact?
Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Nozino: 4:00pm On Jun 08, 2021
iamezekwesiri:
Which branch of FBN did you visited? and which branch is your account domiciled in.

The branch at Akpakpava in Benin. I opened the account in Auchi. But honestly, it shouldn’t matter. Account upgrade shouldn’t take 1 whole month. Besides, why won’t the staff in Auchi reply their work emails?

1 Like

Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by GorillaApp(m): 4:05pm On Jun 08, 2021
Nozino:

What’s his contact?
Don't mind that clown.

This is what he means by barrister ikpeama. Or something similar. Hope you get the drift?

7 Likes

Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 08, 2021
Twitter is down.. When we been tell u not to SAI BABA that year u no gree o... angry grin

Eventually you will get your money, Just continue to plead with ur landlord for more time while u fight to having it resolved. U can visit ur branch to lay complain if it is not far from ur city/state

Legal action will reap u off the already scarce resources.
Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by GorillaApp(m): 4:08pm On Jun 08, 2021
U need to go make noise and better quarrel for that branch o

1 Like

Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Nozino: 4:08pm On Jun 08, 2021
GorillaApp:

Don't mind that clown.

This is what he means by barrister ikpeama. Or something similar. Hope you get the drift?

I do sir. Oga doesn’t know when one is being serious.
Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Nozino: 4:11pm On Jun 08, 2021
Hub9:
Twitter is down.. When we been tell u not SAI BABA that year u no gree o... angry grin

Eventually you will get your money, Just continue to plead with ur landlord for more time while u fight to having it resolved. U can visit ur branch to lay complain if it is not far from ur city/state

Legal action will reap u off the already scarce resources.

I have tried that already. I’m at a loss on how a bank branch completely abandoned their work email which they use for correspondence. I would love to sue the bank if I get a deal from a legal practitioner. If I don’t, I sincerely hope CBN deals with them.

P.S- I didn’t vote Bubu.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Nozino: 4:12pm On Jun 08, 2021
GorillaApp:
U need to go make noise and better quarrel for that branch o

I have been there twice already. You know COVID-19 has made going to cooperate institutions difficult.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by mariahAngel(f): 4:16pm On Jun 08, 2021
Obidon1:

Dude! Be serious!
Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Katier00(f): 4:21pm On Jun 08, 2021
Same happened to me with Gtb but I was able to withdraw via Atm. 4 years later the ban still dey the account after providing everything they asked me to
Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Nozino: 4:24pm On Jun 08, 2021
Katier00:
Same happened to me with Gtb but I was able to withdraw via Atm. 4 years later the ban still dey the account after providing everything they asked me to

Yours is good. I can’t even check my balance via USSD or recharge. For a whole month.
Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:25pm On Jun 08, 2021
Everything related to leadership in Nigeria is inhumane

Banks will romance and sweet-talk you when they are looking for customers

They will even be speaking Yoruba to you as at the time they are persuading you

But after you start using their bank, they will start making your life miserable with grammars that are not even in Longman Dictionary

Those animals in the government will be looking at them do this nonsense and get away with it, I'm done with Nigeria

#YorubaNationNow

1 Like

Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Nozino: 4:32pm On Jun 08, 2021
Tajbol4splend:
Everything related to leadership in Nigeria is inhumane

Banks will romance and sweet-talk you when they are looking for customers

They will even be speaking Yoruba to you as at the time they are persuading you

But after you start using their bank, they will start making your life miserable with grammars that is not even in Longman Dictionary

Those animals in the government will be looking at them do this nonsense and get away with it, I'm done with Nigeria

#YorubaNationNow

Let them open the account and CBN should place a huge fine on FBN.
Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:57pm On Jun 08, 2021
Nozino:

Let them open the account and CBN should place a huge fine on FBN.

CBN is equally useless, but I hope they do something meaningful about it, it's frustrating to have 300000 plus and still be broke, but I've screenshot this post and I've tagged first bank, instablog and tunde ednut on Instagram, hopefully something good will come out of it
Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Nozino: 5:01pm On Jun 08, 2021
Tajbol4splend:

CBN is equally useless, but I hope they do something meaningful about it, it's frustrating to have 300000 plus and still be broke, but I've screenshot this post and I've tagged first bank, instablog and tunde ednut on Instagram, hopefully something good will come out of it

I have way more than 300k in that account. Thank you for the effort.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Esthered: 6:55pm On Jun 08, 2021
Dear OP, please write to their customer service via email FirstContact, they will respond.
Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by sageb: 7:52pm On Jun 08, 2021
GorillaApp:

Don't mind that clown.

hahaha
this kind barrister go carry client money drink ogogoro
come fumble for court

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Katier00(f): 9:33pm On Jun 08, 2021
Nozino:

Yours is good. I can’t even check my balance via USSD or recharge. For a whole month.
that is huge. Try withdrawing from the counter
Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by wunmi590(m): 9:49pm On Jun 08, 2021
shocked

Once you escape this madness of a bank, just make sure you collect all your money and close the account immediately..
Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Nozino: 11:30pm On Jun 08, 2021
Katier00:
that is huge. Try withdrawing from the counter

I can’t. I have tried.
Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Nozino: 11:33pm On Jun 08, 2021
Esthered:
Dsar OP, please write to their customer service via email FirstContact, they will respond.

I copied them along with CBN complaint email.
Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Nozino: 11:34pm On Jun 08, 2021
wunmi590:
shocked

Once you escape this madness of a bank, just make sure you collect all your money and close the account immediately..

That’s the plan. I’m moving all my money to access bank and closing the account.
Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Ishilove: 3:02am On Jun 09, 2021
Nozino:

I have been there twice already. You know COVID-19 has made going to cooperate institutions difficult.
It's like the brokeness has not entered your soul that's why you are still being a gentleman, because if it has, you will enter motor to the Benin branch, find your way to the banking hall and constitute nuisance. Sit on the floor and cry that you will not leave there until they give you your money.

To borrow a leaf from that rètard mosdii: Nigerian banks are useless, all of them.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Esthered: 5:07am On Jun 09, 2021
Nozino:

Okay.
Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by pocohantas(f): 5:09am On Jun 09, 2021
The Customer care staff told me it will take 7-10 working days to carry out the upgrade.

Lmao. I will like to meet the staff that said this.
grin grin
Re: First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future by Alhajiemeritus: 7:33am On Jun 09, 2021
Nozino:

Hello
Try and copy the Federal consumer protection council in your subsequent emails too.
Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Spot A Fake Mattress / Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children / She Always Call My Younger brother By Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.