|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,906,917 members, 7,008,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 August 2022 at 10:01 PM
|Data Center Structural/civil Engineer by Nunulyon(f): 5:40pm On Jun 08, 2021|
Our client, a leading telecommunications company is looking at filling the role of Data Center Structural/Civil Engineer.
Job Title: Data Center Structural/Civil Engineer
Job Location: Lagos
• Support the project team to engage the clients and consultant teams.
• Support the project during the tender as solution engineer or as part of the solutions team.
• Develop local resources to support DC facility business.
• Promote and Present Huawei DC structural / civil solution, as well as Manage client relationship.
• Integrate design requirements as defined by client, mechanical & electrical engineers (internal and external)
as well as product specialists to compile requirements for bid High Level Designs (HLD), often from the
• All structural and civil components;
• Baseline / Concept scheme drawings and schedules;
• Bassline bill of quantities (BoQ); Concept reports;
• All documentation required to compile high level project costs and in order to advise final design brief for
completion by relevant country’s local consultants.
• Compile main building structural / civil design & build RFPs.
• Development and maintenance of Concept scheme design, prototype design, and template specifications
for main building civil/structural elements; Create / maintain project documentation before, during, and after
• Summarize project cost and generate baselines and valuation models; Construct and maintain the pricing
models; Project cost management and optimization; Lead initiatives aimed at improving cost, quality,
schedule, and consistency
• Manage the work of our external architectural/civil/structural design consultants.
• Provide support for: Project management, including sub-contractor selection & management, supply chain,
procurement, process management and acceptance.
• Provide general and project support and guidance to all local project teams in the region to develop their
delivery skills; Formulate delivery construction solution standards and guides; Formulate project acceptance
Qualifications / Experience
• Degree in Engineering (Structural and Civil) non-negotiable.
• Professional registration required.
• IT / ICT or any business related qualification will be an advantage.
• Minimum 10 years structural / civil engineering experience, involving medium to large scale and complex
projects (experience with data centre, mission critical and industrial projects).
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in consulting engineering firm.
• Minimum 2 large scale (no less than 1 megawatts) Data Center projects design or build experience.
• In-depth knowledge of structural and civil engineering components for the construction of buildings
(including drainage systems).
• Fundamental understanding of M&E systems / building services requirements, including generators, fuel
storage, UPS system, HVAC system, Medium and Low Voltage systems etc
• Possess a strong awareness of current and emerging industry standards including Uptime Institute, TIA 942
and local standard as well as vendors and technologies as that relate to the Data Center facilities.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office, Revit and industry standard structural modelling software.
• Working experience with MEP engineering consultants.
• Vendor and consultant management skills.
• Ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find innovative solutions prior to and during the
construction process to reduce costs without negative impacts on quality or reliability.
• Proficiency in building codes, regulations, and standards across the Nigeria and Africa region. International
project and program experience.
• Excellent communication skills capability, attention to detail, and high quality standards.
• Ability to effectively communicate design standards to internal and external project partners.
• Ability to manage multiple fast paced projects simultaneously and good project management capability.
• Ability to travel internationally.
Other Competencies / Attributes:
• Effective communications skills
• Persuasive and Presentation skills
• Proven ability to work in team
• Must be able to work in a structured manner
• Collect information and Refining ideas
• Market analysis tools and models
• Basic finance knowledge to understand mobile operator finance report
• Proven marketing skills, understanding of the marketing process and methods. Collect and information
• Strong consulting skills with excellent commercial awareness.
• Advanced interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven conflict and issue management skills
• Goal-oriented analysis and research skills and a professional ability to output analysis report in terms of
specific ICT fields
• Experience of working with ICT fields enterprise or organization with varying levels of marketing
understanding in different cultures
• Experience of working with audiences with varying levels of technical understanding in different cultures
• Team-oriented leadership and management skills and a professional attitude towards colleagues and
• Must be presentable, articulate, reliable, committed and resilient
• Work on multiple data center construction projects and capital improvement projects simultaneously
• Motivated, dependable and capable of working with limited oversight.
To apply for this role, kindly send your cv to email@example.com using the job title as mail subject.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54