Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,353 members, 7,954,414 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:33 PM

Alleged Twitter Proxy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Twitter Proxy (477 Views)

Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal In Proxy War Over PDP Ticket / See How Fulanis are Fighting Proxy Wars In Igboland / Oyinlola: Buhari Is First Candidate Ever To Hire A Proxy In A Presidential Conte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alleged Twitter Proxy by 00FFT00(m): 7:18pm On Jun 08, 2021
I encountered a front-page thread that claimed that Twitter has made a proxy server available for Nigerians. This simply not true.

There's no such thing as a Twitter proxy server. Any working proxy can be inserted and used in the relevant interface in Twitter App.

People need to be careful though. If a malicious person or an organization such ad DSS owns the server address he provided in that post, they can sniff your traffic, and therefore parse your data. That means read your messages and other data. Because your originating IP is thus identified, so do your identity. I'd advise that information be discarded

I will probably recommend the solution shown over a VPN but only because of ease of use. Unlike a VPN, a simple proxy server does not provide the added security of data encryption and cascading.

If you chose to go this way, please source your own proxy yourself. A simple google search will give you tons of free proxies. You can also purchase high-quality proxies for as little as a dollar or less.

mynd44, lalasticlala, this can help those who have been trapped by the said thread. You may elect to elevate this thread's exposure.
Re: Alleged Twitter Proxy by Cabardin: 8:26pm On Aug 19, 2021
I'd recommend that you don't compromise on security. If you want to use proxies, you have to use proxies you have already trusted. There are a lot of proxies that cheat users. For example, you fill in all the data, but it turns out that you do not receive any information. The anonymity is lost. First, read reviews of known proxies, find out about your friends' experiences with them. I use https://proxyfan.com/storm-proxies-review/, and I had no problems with it. You should also take some time to get the information about how to set up a proxy correctly. You may have some issues with anonymity because of the wrong proxy settings.

(1) (Reply)

Ipob: New Government In Igbo Land Shame On Igbo Leaders[photos ] / Bua Denies Increase In The Price Of Its Cement, Frowns At Cartel- Like Operation / Destroying Age Old Myths About The Yoruba.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.