Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,457 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

When Did Tweeting Becomes Human Right? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Did Tweeting Becomes Human Right? (1902 Views)

The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) / El-Rufai Mocks Buhari’s Twitter Ban, Says He’s Tweeting From Abroad / Bukola Saraki Appointed Ambassador-At-Large International Human Right Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Did Tweeting Becomes Human Right? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 09, 2021
Sicilyjoe:

Common sense should have told u that less than 2week is a gonna, so technically he no longer the president

Oh! Technically! Yeah common sense. It states a president is already no more a president if his tenure is remaining 2 weeks. Yeah. Common sense.
Re: When Did Tweeting Becomes Human Right? by Iolo(m): 1:11am On Jun 10, 2021
The senseless and tactless way this government has gone about banning Twitter is ridiculous, even if there is a slight (1 in a billion) that it had good intentions with the ban. A ban should be the last option. They could have written to Twitter, taken them to court for non-compliance etc.

Thinking about it deeply the reaction of the west though. I often wonder if the west uses human rights as a means to exert indirect control over developing countries. The west gets away when they do the very same things in which they will castigate a developing nation.

Sadly, Nigeria hasn’t gotten to a point where it’s government or citizens can read between the lines of the politics going on.

There’s the valid example of Tik Tok being banned in the USA due to national security interests. There’s Australia implementing new laws to make Google and Facebook pay content creators, which they are vehemently fighting against. I could imagine such a law being enacted in Nigeria will attract all sorts of freedom of … allegations the west can bring up to make us cow to their social media companies.
Re: When Did Tweeting Becomes Human Right? by drakeli: 1:14am On Jun 10, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
The United states government are very interesting, they are expert in manipulating the public especially Nigerians when it comes to their companies expanding to other countries and other nations using their app.

The American government banned tik tok and many chinese apps citing national security concerns, Nigeria banned Twitter citing national security concerns and the next thing we heard is the Nigerian government is against free speech and human rights.

My question is when did tweeting on Twitter became a human right?

Is it when an american companies is affected, how come tiktoking isnt part of human right and UN charter of human right.

America did not ban TikTok liar.
Re: When Did Tweeting Becomes Human Right? by drakeli: 1:15am On Jun 10, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Uche or yomi, when America banned tiktok, isn't it against freedom of expression?
America did not ban TikTok liar. Lie Muhammed cousin. Well done. I’m in the US. TikTok is popular here. Because you claimed it’s banned in the US. I had to open my TikTok app again feeling like are you serious
Re: When Did Tweeting Becomes Human Right? by freeborn02: 1:20am On Jun 10, 2021
Conrod:
Arewa will win such a war with their vast uranium deposit (undiscovered though)plus iswap and boko haram conectivities.

Since arewa has uranium, why is arewa, Fulani dominated north afraid to go?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him / Senator Ademola Adeleke Pays Courtesy Visit To Governor Seyi Makinde (photos) / BREAKING: Youths Hit The Streets Over Widespread Killings In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.