Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,024 members, 7,814,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Is The 2013 Ford Ranger Pick Up Truck A Good Buy? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is The 2013 Ford Ranger Pick Up Truck A Good Buy? (2789 Views)

My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal / Nissan Transformed A Pick-up Truck Into A World Class Mobile Space Observatory / The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The 2013 Ford Ranger Pick Up Truck A Good Buy? by Originalsly: 2:44pm On Jun 15, 2021
@ Nurey... I hear you!.... not a car person.... just go on observations a lot... and from conversations with drivers... mechanics etc. I guess they have to be outfitted for jungle. Seems to me their vehicles cater for a lot of add ons to suit the purpose. I often see the same type vehicle with different adaptations.... some raised ... bigger wheels ... different bumper ... winch... skid plates... snorkel...fenders...... and in winter they have plough attachment.... guess those in your company were not adapted for jungle. Hopefully OP has no business in the jungle!
Re: Is The 2013 Ford Ranger Pick Up Truck A Good Buy? by laivwire(m): 5:11pm On Jun 15, 2021
sultaan:
Bouncing car means bad shock absorber.

You jumped to conclusions. The vehicle is question is brand new.

sultaan:

Everything else is a classic Toyota fan opinion of other models, there is a reason some are called work trucks, these are pangolo trims, not XLT, OR Lariat
Comparing a 2013 pangolo to a 2018 hilux is not fair, especially if the Hilux is automatic.

Another hasty conclusion, of course there are categories but manufacturing standards of different countries of production vary. His example is South African. I don't know if you also read about the 2007 Hilux I mentioned...only the 2014 and 2018 model I drove were automatic.

sultaan:

Comparing a South African pangolo to an American mid range trim is not fair either.

What comparison? I stated the Tacoma and F-150 as step up models.

sultaan:

Is the Ford Ranger a good truck to buy if it is in good shape?
I believe OP had answered that question from a owners point of view. And we hope he gives us update on how it goes. If properly maintained.

Parts will mostly be original. @ N500 to 1
It will be irresponsible to expect parts to be cheap when Nigerian Customs Service has collected a huge duty on those parts
As for this, it is based on personal preference and everyone is entitled to how they feel about a particular vehicle.
Re: Is The 2013 Ford Ranger Pick Up Truck A Good Buy? by nurey(m): 8:03pm On Jun 15, 2021
sultaan:
Bouncing car means bad shock absorber.

Everything else is a classic Toyota fan opinion of other models, there is a reason some are called work trucks, these are pangolo trims, not XLT, OR Lariat
Comparing a 2013 pangolo to a 2018 hilux is not fair, especially if the Hilux is automatic.

Comparing a South African pangolo to an American mid range trim is not fair either.

Is the Ford Ranger a good truck to buy if it is in good shape?
I believe OP had answered that question from a owners point of view. And we hope he gives us update on how it goes. If properly maintained.

Parts will mostly be original. @ N500 to 1
It will be irresponsible to expect parts to be cheap when Nigerian Customs Service has collected a huge duty on those parts

The Ford Ranger international version has always been kpangolo grin it's the American version that has attitude.

Though to be fair the luxury in the international version can only be felt in the exterior. Like plastic rope bolt ons for the bucket, the big men on the company ranger have bucket metallic cover and Aluminium Handle guard for the bucket, fog light with aluminum or should I say shinny metallic cover. Even the radiator grill.isnt plastiky.

Some interior have a small screen for radio station something to show RDS info, don't know about airbags number. Then the 4x4 came with bigger rims and have a better ground clearance than the 2doors.

Other than that no leather, all units are manual even the Everest SUV and yes we have XLT trims
Re: Is The 2013 Ford Ranger Pick Up Truck A Good Buy? by SeaTrade(m): 8:55pm On Jun 16, 2021
Originalsly:
@ Nurey... I hear you!.... not a car person.... just go on observations a lot... and from conversations with drivers... mechanics etc. I guess they have to be outfitted for jungle. Seems to me their vehicles cater for a lot of add ons to suit the purpose. I often see the same type vehicle with different adaptations.... some raised ... bigger wheels ... different bumper ... winch... skid plates... snorkel...fenders...... and in winter they have plough attachment.... guess those in your company were not adapted for jungle. Hopefully OP has no business in the jungle!
Unfortunately I do ooo,
Took the ranger on a trip yesterday ,
All I can say Is the hilux is better reliable wise.
Ranger exhaust don blow already and I dey hear noise from front left leg,
Engine was also trying to stall for reasons I don't know,sounded like a plug or fuel pump problem.
I will dedicate this route to the hilux and let the ranger do lighter jobs henceforth.
But that ranger can run sha,I hit 180kph today on my way back.

Re: Is The 2013 Ford Ranger Pick Up Truck A Good Buy? by edoman2016: 3:49pm On Jul 14, 2021
SeaTrade:
Good evening.
I got a good deal today to buy a Ford ranger truck,
Single cabin ,manual transmission,air conditioned,gasoline engine,high range truck with 4×4 and a container body.
It's something very necessary for my line of work and I am tempted to buy it.Infact I love it but i don't want to make emotional decisions so I really want to be sure.
So I don't know if it is a good and reliable truck that can handle proper beating offroad as my routes are filled with damaged roads and all..
I've had an awesome experience with my Hilux but I don't know if the Ford ranger can offer me same ruggedity without breaking down all the time and burning a hole in my pocket(I have really grown to hate spending money on cars so I like to keep it at minimal levels if possible).
Please house gurus,I will appreciate your expert opinions ,
Thank you.
Bro, please how much did you get your truck? I am planning to get something like it ( Nigeria used) in Lagos too.
Re: Is The 2013 Ford Ranger Pick Up Truck A Good Buy? by laivwire(m): 11:41am On Aug 07, 2021
SeaTrade:
Unfortunately I do ooo,
Took the ranger on a trip yesterday ,
All I can say Is the hilux is better reliable wise.
Ranger exhaust don blow already and I dey hear noise from front left leg,
Engine was also trying to stall for reasons I don't know,sounded like a plug or fuel pump problem.
I will dedicate this route to the hilux and let the ranger do lighter jobs henceforth.
But that ranger can run sha,I hit 180kph today on my way back.
180kph in a Ranger truck. Isn't that suicide mission?
Re: Is The 2013 Ford Ranger Pick Up Truck A Good Buy? by SeaTrade(m): 9:06pm On Aug 09, 2021
laivwire:

180kph in a Ranger truck. Isn't that suicide mission?
Not really oo baba,it is stable,very stable at that speed.
Maybe I am just use to speed sha and the road is a very smooth ,long stretch of dual carriage way.

(1) (2) (Reply)

On Engine Oil And Coolant For Honda Accord / Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx / My 2002 RAV4 Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.