Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

On Engine Oil And Coolant For Honda Accord - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / On Engine Oil And Coolant For Honda Accord (2806 Views)

Major Issues On Engine [things That Can Damage Your Engine] / Water Or Coolant For Radiator / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Engine Oil And Coolant For Honda Accord by Dsdada: 2:18pm On May 17, 2012
Please I need the help of members of this forum on the following issues:
1. I use a Honda Accord(US specs), according to the car manual, I am supposed to use an engine oil of between 5 and 10W(depending upon my ambient temperature). However all the engine oils I see in the Nigerian market are 30W(and I use them). What do I do? Can I conclude that the extra 20W in viscosity is because our ambient temperature is higher? Or do I need oil treatment to make up the perceived deficiency(bearing in mind that the manual also says that oil treatment has no advantage, but adds up to the cost of maintaining the vehicle and may even damage the engine)?

2. The last time I added a coolant to my radiator, I did not dilute it 50:50 with water as required by the car manual. I did this because the instruction on the coolant can says 'DON'T DILUTE'. Who should I take to? Or are there certain conditions that requires diluting the coolant or not?
Thank you
Re: On Engine Oil And Coolant For Honda Accord by nissparts(m): 5:00pm On May 17, 2012
Your car will perform optimally with that specified engine oil viscosity regardless of the environmental temperature. However, the readily available engine oil standard in Nigeria will not damage your engine and you do not require any engine treatment. The engine will simply be slightly more efficient with the specified grade.

There are different types of coolant. Some require diluting and some do not as specified on the label
Re: On Engine Oil And Coolant For Honda Accord by Dsdada: 4:01pm On May 18, 2012
Many thanks. What can we do in this country to get our lub companies to refine engine oils of 5W or 10W (since according to you they are more efficient)?
Re: On Engine Oil And Coolant For Honda Accord by elite(m): 6:03pm On May 18, 2012
how do i start a new topic on nairaland? eversince the background was changed i havent been able to start a new topic. someone should kindly assist.
Re: On Engine Oil And Coolant For Honda Accord by Dsdada: 2:13pm On May 22, 2012
Just go to your area of interest(e.g. Autos), and click on start a new topic at the top of the section. That's all.
Re: On Engine Oil And Coolant For Honda Accord by anneki(m): 9:36am On Aug 22, 2012
Re: On Engine Oil And Coolant For Honda Accord by leixinai: 11:27am On Aug 23, 2012
However, the readily available engine oil standard in Nigeria will not damage your engine and you do not require any engine treatment. The engine will simply be slightly more efficient with the specified grade.[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/iPhone.gif[/img]
Re: On Engine Oil And Coolant For Honda Accord by autodoctor: 4:32pm On Aug 23, 2012
Ever wondered what all the warning lights displayed on your car dashboard means (I.e Check Engine, Service Engine Soon, Maintenance required etc). Have you been experiencing a high consumption of petrol by your car? Has your car's performance been on the decline? Have you had all sorts of trial and error technicians compounding your car problems rather that providing lasting solutions? Are you fed up?
DON'T BE.

Just click on the link below for free technical advice and free diagnosis and engine scan. This offer is free to all Nairalanders and only for cars in Abuja.

https://www.nairaland.com/1002588/free-powertrain-scan-cars-abuja#11596927

(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: On Engine Oil And Coolant For Honda Accord by anneki(m): 7:43am On Dec 15, 2012
5W20 and 5W30 viscosity oils now available in Nigeria. A company called SOLUTIONS PLUS imports and sells them. They are based in Yaba, Lagos and their nos are 07067009400, 07081609482, and 09096851969.

(1) (Reply)

Volvo S80 Or S60, Pls Advice / Nissan Murano Experience ?? Pls Help / First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.