Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa (1276 Views)

Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter / Menegian Saro-Wiwa Dies Of Coronavirus In London / Ken Saro Wiwa's Curse On Nigeria 24 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by Investigative: 10:07pm On Jun 08, 2021
IF YOU ARE FROM IJAW /OGONI /SOUTH SOUTH/ NIGER DELTA. READ THIS EPISTLE TO THE END AND GET SENSE.
��������������

KEN SARO WIWA could not believe what happened to him. Lesson: Do not sabotage your own people's efforts towards their liberation.

He never believed Abacha would confirm his death sentence!

From Oputa panel revelations, on the day of his execution, unable to face his fate with fortitude because he believed that his sentence would be commutted.

When they came for him, he kept on asking if Abacha was aware?

He Resisted being led to the execution point, kept on protesting for time as he expected reprieve would come at the 11th hour.

To calm him, he was shown the execution order signed by Abacha, but he frantically denounced it as fake, demanding audience with Abacha immediately.

The officer commanding the squad, a junior officer told him, the only report his superiors would listen to would be report of his death and nothing else.

Wiwa reverted to telling his killers how close he was to Abacha; the afternoons they spent playing tennis at 2nd Artillery brigade in Port Harcourt in the 70s, the nice evenings they used to have. That during the Ogoni protests, he had expected Abacha to have called him based on old times and asked him the least Ogoni would have accepted.

Wiwa pleaded and pleaded for his life to be spared. His pleas fell on deaf ears.

"Oh God", he screamed, let my pleas work. His eyes were greasy with welling tears.

Why should today be his last day on earth?
What crimes did he commit? That he asked for his people to have a share of the wealth that comes from their land? The land that no longer supports farming or fishing because of oil spillage.

He mistook the officer's dark reflections for contemplations of pity!

Any independent observer would conclude that Saro deserves pity and more. He had worked for it. His efforts during the civil war shortened the duration and saved thousands of Nigerian soldiers lives.

You see, while the Biafran blocked Omanelu and Isiokpo axis through Elele Junction, Saro was able to organise guides who guided the Nigerian soldiers to infiltrate through Etche, Alulu, link up to Ihiagwa and Nekede, connect Obosima and cutoff the Biafran soldiers who had successfully blocked the 3rd Marine Commandos Advance led by Black Scorpion.

Wiwa was rewarded with appointment as the Civilian Administrator of the port city of Bonny.
And it was really this bit of history that was the bone of contention.

He rightly or wrongly believed he had equal stake in the territory called Nigeria, having staked his life and helped in defeating those who were neigbours to him.

So, the shares of spoils of war, for which oil was the paramount spoil should be extended to his people, because without their efforts it would have been impossible to subdue Biafra in the battle field.

Remember that the 3rd Marine Commandos were eventually routed from Owerri, just before the end of the war, wherein Black Scorpion among the few to escape, had to escape dressed as a woman, for which he was court marshalled and dishonourably discharged. Adekunle the scorpion died a pauper, neglected by the federal side he fought for.

On the other hand, Wiwa's erstwhile partners in conquest/crime, believed they have more than adequately rewarded him by making him an administrator of the city of Bonny and also making him a commissioner in Rivers State.
So he should keep off the oil, whether it was drilled from his village or not.

Posterity would judge who was right between him and those Abacha represented. For me as a scholar, I believe his requests or demands were in other. Eye wey see deal, the follow share. The child who pounded the pepper is entitled to a share.

Wiwa's fate had been decided, the day he asked about the oil.

The recipients of the message were people from the oil-producing communities. None would dare ask questions about "our oil" after Wiwa's execution.

At that point, the captain gave his orders and he was lifted up, struggling and protesting till he was tied up and killed.

When the question of the whereabouts of Wiwa's body was raised at the Oputa panel, one of the soldiers giving evidence reported that it was completely dissolved in acid.

☝�This is an intelligent narrative beautifully written.

But I should add that Mr Saro-Wiwa - like Adaka Boro and many other "Niger Delta" youths who would betray their new republic - had studied at secondary school and university on Eastern Nigeria scholarship.

It should also be noted that because of Saro-Wiwa's betrayal, he was also rewarded with countless number of "abandoned properties", including some previously belonging to Chief John Anyaehie (late father of Barr Nnamdi Anyaehie, CoS to Governor Uzodinma).

Late Sani Abacha and late Saro-Wiwa onced lived together in one of the abandoned properties he had seized.

Ken Saro Wiwa's son, Ken Jnr also died very young. He died suddenly in London on 18 October 2016, aged 47, after suffering a stroke.

Finally, recall that, before Saro-Wiwa's arrest, he had run to the same Enugu and the same Chukwuemeka Odimegwu-Ojukwu he had betrayed, to ask for Igbo intervention in his murder case. It was then that Ojukwu uttered that immortal word "Okokorokoooo" to the frightened Ogoni man.

The meeting that Saro-Wiwa attended was at Hotel Presidential Enugu, built by Michael Okpara who had given Saro-Wiwa scholarship to study at Government College Umuahia - and also betrayed by Saro-Wiwa! - from Chinedu Jideofo-Ogbuagu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by nthony10: 10:37pm On Jun 08, 2021
This is similar to the fate of Isaac Boro.
So sad for him.
Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by Investigative: 10:39pm On Jun 08, 2021
Oil politics killed him

1 Like

Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by BKayy: 10:40pm On Jun 08, 2021
The last words Ken Saro Wiwa heard was "Good morning this Evening" from the man that saw tomorrow, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu

1 Like

Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by BKayy: 10:41pm On Jun 08, 2021
nthony10:
This is similar to the fate of Isaac Boro.
So sad for him.
Isaac Adaka Boro was strangled by Benjamin Adekunle aka Black Scorpion.
His brother said that he doesn't want to revisit his brothers death that it was treacherous coupled with lack of relevance of the Ijaw Nation

3 Likes

Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by edochie12: 10:45pm On Jun 08, 2021
Nice write-up,I think at this stage,we the igbos are done with niger deltans,they harbor a deep hatred against us living the main culprits who are killing and milking them dry,they have insulted us for so long,even the tribe that are not up to two million,we are trying to free them from their slave masters,we are the main people that fought for their 13% oil derivation,at this juncture,I think we should let them be,in next five to ten years oil will be useless,and the future is now gas,in which the south eastern region has the highest deposits in Africa.

5 Likes

Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by SaintBishop: 10:52pm On Jun 08, 2021
Aren't you igbos tired of creating countless threads? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by spearman(m): 10:55pm On Jun 08, 2021
Here they come again. Unity Beggers. Land Grabbers. Las las Igbo go join Fulani to defend One Nigeria. Fear of disintegration don catch them pass even Fulani.

1 Like

Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by 2elliot: 10:58pm On Jun 08, 2021
As an Ijaw man I will continue to laugh at Adaka Boro and Ken Saro-wiwa, as they continue to turn and gnarsh their teeth in the grave. Madafakas! Those men singlehandedly gave Nigeria the civil war victory with their treachery. They are the founding fathers of "our oyel" mantra. Oil exploration that started in 1958, but just 8yrs into it, his greed for oil money pushed him into shouting our oyel, now over 50yrs after we are yet to enjoy the resources.

3 Likes

Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by 2elliot: 11:04pm On Jun 08, 2021
BKayy:

Isaac Adaka Boro was strangled by Benjamin Adekunle aka Black Scorpion.
His brother said that he doesn't want to revisit his brothers death that it was treacherous coupled with ack of relevance of the Ijaw Nation
I always knew. Adekunle killed Boro and equally killed my uncle too. My uncle delayed in delivering a message he sent him and some soldiers as against the time he gave them. Adekunle then shot and killed him. The death of that my uncle is still felt in our family as he would have been a great pillar in the family if he were alive even just for 10yrs. His demise gave our opponents opportunity to land grab most of our family lands.

4 Likes

Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by ImmaculateJOE(m): 11:13pm On Jun 08, 2021
Nice one OP.
Naysayers will come and attack the messenger and ignore the message.
The Benin-Ijaw-Ogoni side of the so called Niger Delta have nothing in common with Igbos.
Akwa-Cross side are more brothers to us.. But at this point Bifara should be strictly Homogeneous Igbo nation.

5 Likes

Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by Investigative: 11:16pm On Jun 08, 2021
edochie12:
Nice write-up,I think at this stage,we the igbos are done with niger deltans,they harbor a deep hatred against us living the main culprits who are killing and milking them dry,they have insulted us for so long,even the tribe that are not up to two million,we are trying to free them from their slave masters,we are the main people that fought for their 13% oil derivation,at this juncture,I think we should let them be,in next five to ten years oil will be useless,and the future is now gas,in which the south eastern region has the highest deposits in Africa.
Lies that travel

2 Likes

Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by ScamHunter: 11:54pm On Jun 08, 2021
I once said that the so-called minorities of the south are nothing like us, Igbo. Until we realize that, we'll be running the gauntlet. I served in riverine Ijaw town and those people fit the far north better than being our neighbors because they lack the Igbo industry and still harbor a lot of disdain for Igbo, even though they love marrying Igbo women probably to sire responsible children and enjoy lasting marriages.

I will say it for the umpteenth time: southern minorities have nothing to add to Biafra. The industry and drive of Igbo is what we need at this point to build a world class nation. We should not be distracted by these Ijaw, Ogoni and the like. Concessions, if tenable should be given to a few Akwaibom tribes who are our natural kith and kin and the Efiks too. Others should form their own country or remain in Nigeria. Also, Ikwerre should not be part of the Igbo nation.

If we're serious to build a viable nation, it must be all Igbo, then Ibibio, Annanag and Efik. Others must appeal to enter but you see those Igbo haters like Ijaw and co are a no-no.

5 Likes

Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by Graysons: 5:35am On Jun 09, 2021
ScamHunter:
I once said that the
minorities of the south are nothing like us, Igbo. Until we realize that, we'll be running the gauntlet. I served in riverine Ijaw town and those people fit the far north better than being our neighbors because they lack the Igbo industry and still harbor a lot of disdain for Igbo, even though they love marrying Igbo women probably to sire responsible children and enjoy lasting marriages.

I will say it for the umpteenth time: southern minorities have nothing to add to Biafra. The industry and drive of Igbo is what we need at this point to build a world class nation. We should not be distracted by these Ijaw, Ogoni and the like. Concessions, if tenable should be given to a few Akwaibom tribes who are our natural kith and kin and the Efiks too. Others should form their own country or remain in Nigeria. Also, Ikwerre should not be part of the Igbo nation.

If we're serious to build a viable nation, it must be all Igbo, then Ibibio, Annanag and Efik. Others must appeal to enter but you see those Igbo haters like Ijaw and co are a no-no.

How about igbo women who loved getting married to them?
How about igbo men who keeps chasing after other tribes women including ijaw women. E.g the way Ozo keeps chasing Nengi like fly chasing shit? undecided
Nobody hates you, it is your I too know attitude and inferiority complex
that we just can't stand.

And igbo women can't give responsible children, most igbo women are prostitutes, 99% of igbo women are wh0res, your lord and saviour Nnamdi kanu said so. angry
Most igbo men are drug dealers, thieves, fraudsters and co. All of them are born by igbo women, so which nonsense responsible children are you talking about? grin

5 Likes

Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by BlackSaints: 6:00am On Jun 09, 2021
Graysons:

How about igbo men who keeps chasing after other tribes women including ijaw women. E.g the way Ozo keeps chasting Nengi like fly chasing shit? undecided

And igbo women can't give responsible children, most igbo women are prostitutes, 99% of igbo women are wh0res, your lord and saviour Nnamdi kanu said so. angry
Most igbo men are drug dealers, thieves, fraudsters and co. All of them are born by igbo women, so which nonsense responsible children are you talking about? grin
Help me ask am.
Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by Asgard73: 6:15am On Jun 09, 2021
Graysons:

How about igbo men who keeps chasing after other tribes women including ijaw women. E.g the way Ozo keeps chasting Nengi like fly chasing shit? undecided

Typical Yoruba man and complex...

This is the heart and mind of Yoruba towards igbos.

Igbo uche Unu di ya...awusa aburo the problem.. ndi ofe bu problem igbo Na Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by Graysons: 6:15am On Jun 09, 2021
BlackSaints:

Help me ask am.
These igbo clowns are just hilarious! grin
They are living on cloud 29 undecided unfortunate for them,i'm here to bring them back to cloud 1. angry
Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by tatutatu: 6:23am On Jun 09, 2021
Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by Graysons: 6:25am On Jun 09, 2021
Asgard73:

Typical Yoruba man and complex...

This is the heart and mind of Yoruba towards igbos.

Igbo uche Unu di ya...awusa aburo the problem.. ndi ofe bu problem igbo Na Nigeria.
Clown! Keep looking for trouble and accusing others of your own stupidity, i don't have time for clowns this morning.
Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by Asgard73: 6:31am On Jun 09, 2021
Graysons:
Clown! Keep looking for trouble and accusing others of your own stupidity, i don't have time for clowns this morning.

I don’t have your time this morning... wait till the sun comes up..
you waking with hate on mind is so terrible for humanity

But with Yoruba...... anything.
Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by okigbojihad: 6:33am On Jun 09, 2021
spearman:
Here they come again. Unity Beggers. Land Grabbers. Las las Igbo go join Fulani to defend One Nigeria. Fear of disintegration don catch them pass even Fulani.

ode mention your tribe.
Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by Graysons: 6:38am On Jun 09, 2021
Asgard73:

I don’t have your time this morning... wait till the sun comes up..
you waking with hate on mind is so terrible for humanity

But with Yoruba...... anything.
You look for other people trouble, when they give you the trouble you so much crave for, you scream hate! undecided
Nobody is going to kiss your ass because you are igbo, you are not that special.

3 Likes

Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by Asgard73: 6:43am On Jun 09, 2021
Graysons:

You look for other people trouble, when they give you the trouble you so much crave for, you scream hate! undecided
Nobody is going to kiss your ass because you are igbo, you are not that special.

Okay.. grin they’re special but not that special.. grin

Yoruba sef...

Good morning Graysons cheesy
Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 09, 2021
Investigative:
IF YOU ARE FROM IJAW /OGONI /SOUTH SOUTH/ NIGER DELTA. READ THIS EPISTLE TO THE END AND GET SENSE.
��������������

KEN SARO WIWA could not believe what happened to him. Lesson: Do not sabotage your own people's efforts towards their liberation.

He never believed Abacha would confirm his death sentence!

From Oputa panel revelations, on the day of his execution, unable to face his fate with fortitude because he believed that his sentence would be commutted.

When they came for him, he kept on asking if Abacha was aware?

He Resisted being led to the execution point, kept on protesting for time as he expected reprieve would come at the 11th hour.

To calm him, he was shown the execution order signed by Abacha, but he frantically denounced it as fake, demanding audience with Abacha immediately.

The officer commanding the squad, a junior officer told him, the only report his superiors would listen to would be report of his death and nothing else.

Wiwa reverted to telling his killers how close he was to Abacha; the afternoons they spent playing tennis at 2nd Artillery brigade in Port Harcourt in the 70s, the nice evenings they used to have. That during the Ogoni protests, he had expected Abacha to have called him based on old times and asked him the least Ogoni would have accepted.

Wiwa pleaded and pleaded for his life to be spared. His pleas fell on deaf ears.

"Oh God", he screamed, let my pleas work. His eyes were greasy with welling tears.

Why should today be his last day on earth?
What crimes did he commit? That he asked for his people to have a share of the wealth that comes from their land? The land that no longer supports farming or fishing because of oil spillage.

He mistook the officer's dark reflections for contemplations of pity!

Any independent observer would conclude that Saro deserves pity and more. He had worked for it. His efforts during the civil war shortened the duration and saved thousands of Nigerian soldiers lives.

You see, while the Biafran blocked Omanelu and Isiokpo axis through Elele Junction, Saro was able to organise guides who guided the Nigerian soldiers to infiltrate through Etche, Alulu, link up to Ihiagwa and Nekede, connect Obosima and cutoff the Biafran soldiers who had successfully blocked the 3rd Marine Commandos Advance led by Black Scorpion.

Wiwa was rewarded with appointment as the Civilian Administrator of the port city of Bonny.
And it was really this bit of history that was the bone of contention.

He rightly or wrongly believed he had equal stake in the territory called Nigeria, having staked his life and helped in defeating those who were neigbours to him.

So, the shares of spoils of war, for which oil was the paramount spoil should be extended to his people, because without their efforts it would have been impossible to subdue Biafra in the battle field.

Remember that the 3rd Marine Commandos were eventually routed from Owerri, just before the end of the war, wherein Black Scorpion among the few to escape, had to escape dressed as a woman, for which he was court marshalled and dishonourably discharged. Adekunle the scorpion died a pauper, neglected by the federal side he fought for.

On the other hand, Wiwa's erstwhile partners in conquest/crime, believed they have more than adequately rewarded him by making him an administrator of the city of Bonny and also making him a commissioner in Rivers State.
So he should keep off the oil, whether it was drilled from his village or not.

Posterity would judge who was right between him and those Abacha represented. For me as a scholar, I believe his requests or demands were in other. Eye wey see deal, the follow share. The child who pounded the pepper is entitled to a share.

Wiwa's fate had been decided, the day he asked about the oil.

The recipients of the message were people from the oil-producing communities. None would dare ask questions about "our oil" after Wiwa's execution.

At that point, the captain gave his orders and he was lifted up, struggling and protesting till he was tied up and killed.

When the question of the whereabouts of Wiwa's body was raised at the Oputa panel, one of the soldiers giving evidence reported that it was completely dissolved in acid.

☝�This is an intelligent narrative beautifully written.

But I should add that Mr Saro-Wiwa - like Adaka Boro and many other "Niger Delta" youths who would betray their new republic - had studied at secondary school and university on Eastern Nigeria scholarship.

It should also be noted that because of Saro-Wiwa's betrayal, he was also rewarded with countless number of "abandoned properties", including some previously belonging to Chief John Anyaehie (late father of Barr Nnamdi Anyaehie, CoS to Governor Uzodinma).

Late Sani Abacha and late Saro-Wiwa onced lived together in one of the abandoned properties he had seized.

Ken Saro Wiwa's son, Ken Jnr also died very young. He died suddenly in London on 18 October 2016, aged 47, after suffering a stroke.

Finally, recall that, before Saro-Wiwa's arrest, he had run to the same Enugu and the same Chukwuemeka Odimegwu-Ojukwu he had betrayed, to ask for Igbo intervention in his murder case. It was then that Ojukwu uttered that immortal word "Okokorokoooo" to the frightened Ogoni man.

The meeting that Saro-Wiwa attended was at Hotel Presidential Enugu, built by Michael Okpara who had given Saro-Wiwa scholarship to study at Government College Umuahia - and also betrayed by Saro-Wiwa! - from Chinedu Jideofo-Ogbuagu

Must u guys always force people to reason like u guys.

learn to mind your business.
Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by spearman(m): 6:48am On Jun 09, 2021
okigbojihad:

ode mention your tribe.
Shameless land thief savage Igbo.
Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by SaintBishop: 6:51am On Jun 09, 2021
Graysons:

How about igbo men who keeps chasing after other tribes women including ijaw women. E.g the way Ozo keeps chasing Nengi like fly chasing shit? undecided

You have time for Osus this morning!
Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by okigbojihad: 6:53am On Jun 09, 2021
spearman:
Shameless land thief savage Igbo.
idiot mention that your bastard tribe wey no get mama and papa.
Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by amuwo1980: 7:37am On Jun 09, 2021
Some truths missed with some untruths , Benjamin adekunle was NOT dismissed from the military because of disguising in female attire but for a scandal involving a lady connected to him and he was retired , he died in a nursing home here in the USA and that’s not exactly in penury but all in all saro wiwa rode on the back of a tiger and it ate him up
Re: Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa by Graysons: 9:57am On Jun 09, 2021
SaintBishop:

You have time for Osus this morning!
The way these igbos are obsess with us mehn, it's scary!
Any small thing ijaws this, ijaws that.

(1) (Reply)

Oduduwa Republic Protesters Who Couldn't Disappear Arrested At Ojota / South East Journey To Redemption:Anambra Dusted,Abia Next! / APC Primaries Projection Do You Agree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.