Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,998 members, 7,956,710 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:17 PM

Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know (12721 Views)

10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview / Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector / Loan Is Available At Low Interest Rate(Private Sector Salary Earners only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by olioxx(m): 1:38pm On Jun 09, 2021
E get why person dey talk so help me God after prayer.

I don't know of other countries OK, but in Naija, nah just Grace of God person need.
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by Incognito403: 1:52pm On Jun 09, 2021
Badsatan:
Especially if that Private Organisation is own by a Ipob miscreant!

Ipob miscreants are terrible!
Stop the hate. How does this relate to the post?
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by Incognito403: 1:54pm On Jun 09, 2021
shegzhkn:

Nothing works in the hell hole.
Deceive yourself. Many are making millions in the private sector.

You better learn a skill.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by professore(m): 1:58pm On Jun 09, 2021
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by jonnypie(m): 2:07pm On Jun 09, 2021
Badsatan:

Keep disgracing yourself, family n village people... Ode nla...
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by Sapaz02: 2:07pm On Jun 09, 2021
Badsatan:

Why are U like this?
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by Badsatan: 2:08pm On Jun 09, 2021
jonnypie:

Keep disgracing yourself, family n village people... Ode nla...
Ya papa
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by ogwumgbe: 2:10pm On Jun 09, 2021
Badsatan:
Ya papa

Your mutha's pussy
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by chigbo25: 2:10pm On Jun 09, 2021
Badsatan:

Must u be unfortunate human being. Tribalistic attitude will soon eat u up.
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by ajiboyeshola(m): 2:11pm On Jun 09, 2021
SilkyKolaSyrup:
Nothing beats being your own boss
Thank u jare.let all be their bose directly or indirectly.look at holland,every house has something its producing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by tweakdude1: 2:24pm On Jun 09, 2021
Badsatan:

Oga, Afonja own bad pass oo
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by YouandiAllofus: 2:25pm On Jun 09, 2021
EdoAirline:
What I actually read the first time was

* Ten things to know about Nigeria's Private Part

I don tire for myself
Hilarious grin
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by Sniper4real(m): 2:30pm On Jun 09, 2021
BrickDevo:
Private sector get wahala no be small, but the goal is to gather experience, do more work expanding your portfolio, and be able to start off a company one day. That is the goal private companies wicked but if you have it keep it until you find a better place.

Boss, please can I get little amount from you sir. embarassed
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by shegzhkn: 2:48pm On Jun 09, 2021
Incognito403:

Deceive yourself. Many are making millions in the private sector.

You better learn a skill.

grin Werey

Many out of how many, no wonder the country is producing jobs, jobs and more jobs.
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by badbreathcure101: 3:09pm On Jun 09, 2021
iceberylin:
Rather sell my kidney than work in a private sector. Imagine helping someone build his company only to be disrespected and abused constantly. Nigerians are typically wicked and it's even worse when they think you need them.
as in eh its very very sad. My boss was going ok trips, his kids looking fat, his wife catching cruise with me on top the whole shout all for meager pay. My brother even after quitting it took me like 3months b4 I regained all my self exteem back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by Incognito403: 3:21pm On Jun 09, 2021
shegzhkn:

grin Werey

Many out of how many, no wonder the country is producing jobs, jobs and more jobs.

Yet another naive kids.
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by shegzhkn: 3:30pm On Jun 09, 2021
Incognito403:

Yet another naive kids.

Kids , SMH

Get enlightened and give your life a meaning.
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by AlexB300: 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2021
Sincinnati:
At least IPOB miscreants like Peter Obi and every other Igbo politician has one or 2 business they own and manage.

Your president, lanky general böohari does not even own a kiosk, cannot manage his family and the 150 cows he owns became underproductive, or should I say, they all sexual orientation and became gay cows immediately he inherited them from his dead father.
How do you explain someone bragging about owning 150 cows from 1983 till today? Maybe boöhari’s body odour has infected their reproductive systems.

Obi and many Biafran boys employ people and pay them handsomely.

How many people were under illiterate, haggard looking boöhari’s payroll before he stole the presidential mandate? Not even 1 person. And unfortunate things like you think that someone who never managed any business of their own could manage the business of 200 million people.

If Nigeria was inhabited majorly by people with your type of jellyfish brain, American would have long nuked this shithole and turn it into some sort of laboratory.

easy na grin
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by derbykol(f): 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2021
badbreathcure101:
as in eh its very very sad. My boss was going ok trips, his kids looking fat, his wife catching cruise with me on top the whole shout all for meager pay. My brother even after quitting it took me like 3months b4 I regained[b][/b] all my self exteem back.[b][/b]
They can bury self esteem,though if you permit them.
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by olowo1930: 4:45pm On Jun 09, 2021
You made some good comments, pls advice why one will wait for govt job and landed in the grave yard when certificate is just like calendar, what of the govt that pays 40%salary per month having worked for 30days , can one pay his child sch fee at 40%, poverty is inside every sector. How many civil servants can buy plane having worked for 35yrs only to end up be a bagger going to persion board, working on gratitute all to frustrate the worker to die and forfeit all. Find a mean to leave this country is the best. All is the same but private is better . I have all the experience shared above . but I love private work. Govt will make one useless till when one can meet life demands again.
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by olowo1930: 4:49pm On Jun 09, 2021
badbreathcure101:
as in eh its very very sad. My boss was going ok trips, his kids looking fat, his wife catching cruise with me on top the whole shout all for meager pay. My brother even after quitting it took me like 3months b4 I regained all my self exteem back.
is the same, if you don't steal in govt do you think one can survive after retirement? What govt that promote worker every 8-10yrs. Instead of 4yrs. Ask people in force they will tell you. Leaving Nigeria is the best
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by Gjmff: 5:18pm On Jun 09, 2021
Oh
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by ElectronicMoney(m): 6:52pm On Jun 09, 2021
I do not agree with number 5 on the list.

It is someone who does not know what he is doing that will spend his entire career in the private sector and retire without having something to show for it
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by iceberylin(m): 8:06pm On Jun 09, 2021
badbreathcure101:
The psychological Trauma is deep. Africans need therapy
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by 9jaRealist: 3:17am On Jun 10, 2021
VickypediaPHC:
It has become imperative to discuss some happenings in the Nigerian workspace, especially in the private sector, that constitute the bulk of the labor force in Nigeria. Why most Nigerian private sector has clearly shown its unfavorable dynamics to Nigerians, we won't overlook how it has supported and sustained most families regardless of their poor remunerations. If you are working in a private organization or company, you must be mindful of the points below;

1. Nigerian private sector jobs must never be your long-term goal, but rather an opportunity to garner experience and plan for the future.

2. There is no job security in the most private sector. Apply for other better opportunities elsewhere regardless of your job satisfaction, comfort, and structure. This will help you avoid CAREER SHOCKS.

3. If you must be paid handsomely, you must show results for the huge pay. You must be extremely good at what you do to warrant good pay and multiply the value of your pay in monetary terms to your employer.

4. If you can't take shi*t, insults, unprofessional conduct from a superior, please avoid the Nigerian private sector. A lot are very toxic. Consider entrepreneurship or government jobs.

5. Most people, not all though, that work for private organizations have NOTHING to should after years of hard work and service for their organizations.

6. Don't believe you are too important or irreplaceable. Anybody can be sacked, fired, and replaced. In an event of death, the company or organization will move on.

7. Improve yourself on the job. Get certifications, postgraduate degrees if you can, and ensure you improve and enhance yourself as much as possible. Prepare for growth and to match up with current trends in your industry.

8. While salary is the biggest motivation for most employees, money should not necessarily be your highest priority. Go for growth, career fulfillment, job satisfaction, and jobs that offer you spare time to recuperate to avoid poor mental health and stress, while it allows you to spend time with your family.

9. At the early stage of your career, you tend to work more and earn less, as you progress, you tend to be paid your real worth or value on the job at the mid career level. Then as an expert or highly skilled professional, you tend to work less and earn more. This doesn't apply in all cases though.

10. If possible, everyone needs to have experience in the private sector in Nigeria. They challenge you, they teach you the good bad, and the ugly, they make you stronger, they shape you to experience the difficult side of the labor market. Whether it turns out to be good or bad, appreciate the experience. You tend to see both sides of the coin and become a better Man-manager in the future.

I hope this is informative and is helpful to someone.

Not just in Nigeria….
But private sector jobs virtually ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.
>
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by Mryacks: 10:04pm On Jun 11, 2021
VickypediaPHC:
It has become imperative to discuss some happenings in the Nigerian workspace, especially in the private sector, that constitute the bulk of the labor force in Nigeria. Why most Nigerian private sector has clearly shown its unfavorable dynamics to Nigerians, we won't overlook how it has supported and sustained most families regardless of their poor remunerations. If you are working in a private organization or company, you must be mindful of the points below;

1. Nigerian private sector jobs must never be your long-term goal, but rather an opportunity to garner experience and plan for the future.

2. There is no job security in the most private sector. Apply for other better opportunities elsewhere regardless of your job satisfaction, comfort, and structure. This will help you avoid CAREER SHOCKS.

3. If you must be paid handsomely, you must show results for the huge pay. You must be extremely good at what you do to warrant good pay and multiply the value of your pay in monetary terms to your employer.

4. If you can't take shi*t, insults, unprofessional conduct from a superior, please avoid the Nigerian private sector. A lot are very toxic. Consider entrepreneurship or government jobs.

5. Most people, not all though, that work for private organizations have NOTHING to should after years of hard work and service for their organizations.

6. Don't believe you are too important or irreplaceable. Anybody can be sacked, fired, and replaced. In an event of death, the company or organization will move on.

7. Improve yourself on the job. Get certifications, postgraduate degrees if you can, and ensure you improve and enhance yourself as much as possible. Prepare for growth and to match up with current trends in your industry.

8. While salary is the biggest motivation for most employees, money should not necessarily be your highest priority. Go for growth, career fulfillment, job satisfaction, and jobs that offer you spare time to recuperate to avoid poor mental health and stress, while it allows you to spend time with your family.

9. At the early stage of your career, you tend to work more and earn less, as you progress, you tend to be paid your real worth or value on the job at the mid career level. Then as an expert or highly skilled professional, you tend to work less and earn more. This doesn't apply in all cases though.

10. If possible, everyone needs to have experience in the private sector in Nigeria. They challenge you, they teach you the good bad, and the ugly, they make you stronger, they shape you to experience the difficult side of the labor market. Whether it turns out to be good or bad, appreciate the experience. You tend to see both sides of the coin and become a better Man-manager in the future.

I hope this is informative and is helpful to someone.

Informative ...
Re: Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 13, 2021
Nice writeup!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Anyone Received Offer Letter From Teach For Nigeria (TFN) / How To Write A Resume? / Eat 'N' Go Limited Graduate Trainee Recruitment OND/HND/B.Sc 27th March

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.