Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,547 members, 7,837,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Who Says Ikpeazu's Abia Is Not Working? By Olanrewaju Ojuoluwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Says Ikpeazu's Abia Is Not Working? By Olanrewaju Ojuoluwa (309 Views)

Abia Is The Most Peaceful State In Nigeria - Ikpeazu Tells NUJ / APC To Ikpeazu: Abia Not A Hamlet You Rule Anyhow, Appoint Commissioners Now / Army Says Report Of Military Attack On ESN Camp In Abia Is Fake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Says Ikpeazu's Abia Is Not Working? By Olanrewaju Ojuoluwa by SharpmindsAC: 1:17pm On Jun 09, 2021
Who says Abia is not working?
O.O. Ojuoluwa

Seun Okinbaloye, the popular anchor of "One-On-One" on Channels TV asked Abia State Governor, Ikpeazu a sincere question; "...can you please in one minute talk about what you have done for the people of Abia State in the last 6 years?"

Governor Ikpeazu's Response:
"Who says that Aba is not working, (ehn), today, in Aba, you have Dominos (an eatery); you have Chicken Republic (another eatery); you have (ehn, ehn, ehn, ehn, Market Place (whatever that is); you even have a cinema in Aba! End of interview.

I remember very vividly that Seun threw this same type of question to Fayose sometimes back in 2018 when Fayose was busy boasting about how Ekiti people have no other option than to vote for his anointed-candidate, Olusola Eleka, and make him (Fayose) the first politician and governor to have a successor from his own party in Nigeria.

In Seun's words, "what have you done (in Ekiti State) for your party to deserve a reelection?"

Fayose's Response:
(Fayose, a man who prides himself as the friend of the masses) stylishly avoided the question and said, "Seun, I don't like this type of question, I am a politician of note, you see, yesterday I was frying garri with some women, let them (APC) also go and fry theirs."

To say that they have got nothing to offer is an understatement, this present breed of governors and political leaders are a disaster and perhaps, a punishment from God to chastise us for our gullibility. I make bold to say that the political parties they represent, either APC or PDP are not the problem but the individuals who emerge through the process.

As far as they are concerned, development is all about show-biz. When they call for their pseudo empowerment, it's towards gaining cheap media popularity. They go about executing capital projects basically for an avenue to cart away public funds. I can't remember the last time anyone of them hasn't gone about chasing a white-elephant project, I cannot!

Ikpeazu's response to Seun's honest question is a pointer to the fact that I've always been right when I say, this current breed of politicians cannot and will not do the people any good. Their school of thought is parallel to development and to say the truth, they all are an example of what leaders should not be. No exemption!

The solution, I believe, is to allow for a fresh blood, perhaps someone with a traceable character, who has not dined with them before. Someone who is young and visionary. Also, Nigerians must shun, as a matter of life and death, cooperating with elements that mar the election process such as vote buying/selling. Until then, their story will keep worsening on a daily basis.

Until the will of the people to be free of oppression supercedes the will of the oppressors to keep afflicting them, their story will not change for good.

I am Olabode Olanrewaju Ojuoluwa,
Youth Advocate and Social Reformer

Re: Who Says Ikpeazu's Abia Is Not Working? By Olanrewaju Ojuoluwa by IamCookie(f): 1:17pm On Jun 09, 2021
grin
Re: Who Says Ikpeazu's Abia Is Not Working? By Olanrewaju Ojuoluwa by excellencyabia1: 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2021
Kinetic governor.
Chicken republic

(1) (Reply)

Why Can't The AGBERO Be Banned From Lagos Roads? / Shehu Sanni Tweet Condemns Latest Kidnapping Of Students In Kaduna / Heavy Security Presence In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.