|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,910,087 members, 7,019,615 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 August 2022 at 10:44 AM
Apply For Scholarships In Nigeria: Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Others / Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics / Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? (2) (3) (4)
|Apply For Scholarships In Nigeria: Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Others by Admitwithschola: 2:20pm On Jun 09, 2021|
Are you a student in Nigeria? Are you interested in scholarships? Do you want mentorship, to be mentored to become a researcher in economics and in other fields?
If yes, apply here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfeDmH4J8tSu8C7_5Fj8noV2LzXhft9hJSXQ2ZbBzQR2WlZqQ/viewform To learn more, visit baumtenpers.com.
Baum Tenpers Undergraduate Scholarship Award and Mentorship Programme
Become a BAUMBRAINS Scholar
Who we are
Baum Tenpers is a research group with a mandate to produce research that i) contributes to the creation of new ideas, ii) pushes the frontier of knowledge and iii) is of relevance to Africa and the world.
One of our major not-for-profit mandates is to attract and train young and eager African students and position them to become influential future researchers. In this regard, we have a long-term goal to identify, nurture and invest in talented African students who will go on to become world class researchers.
What we offer
As part of our continued support for the academic achievements of promising students, we are launching our offer of scholarships to talented undergraduate students for 2021/2022. Eligible students must be in the first or second year of an undergraduate degree. The scholarships have been expanded to now welcome students from other different disciplines. However, we remain interested in exceptional students who 1) are studying one of Economics, Mathematics, Statistics and 2) have a strong desire to be mentored for an economics PhD in the future. Point 2) is an important condition for a successful scholarship application.
Specific eligibility criteria are as follows
1. Be a university student majoring in the above-mentioned courses (i.e. Economics/Mathematics/Statistics)
2. Have a CGPA of at least 4.5/5.0 or equivalent; students with a CGPA lower than 4.5/5.0 are also encouraged to apply if they stand out in other areas. The requirement to maintain the scholarships is that the stated CGPA be achieved each academic year.
3. Selected BaumBrains Scholars who graduate with top GPAs will attend our graduate-level certificate course in mathematics and economics. Those who succeed in the certificate course will be given a chance to work with and be mentored by our researchers. They will also be supported to attend leading graduate schools for an economics PhD.
How to apply
Send applications to all the following email addressess: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com. You will need to enter your full details via google form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfeDmH4J8tSu8C7_5Fj8noV2LzXhft9hJSXQ2ZbBzQR2WlZqQ/viewform
To learn more, visit baumtenpers.com.
Documents needed for application (mandatory)
1. Transcripts or Statement of Results – from year 1 to the current year, all semesters completed so far
2. A detailed CV that has a passport photo
3. An essay/statement of interest detailing why you believe you qualify for this scholarship, your greatest past achievement, and what you hope to achieve in the future. As we are primarily interested in students aiming for an economics PhD after their undergraduate education, students studying Economics/Mathematics/Statistics should include one or two paragraphs in their essays clearly stating why they want to do an economics PhD in the future.
Following the first stage screening, successful applicants will be apprised of the next stages. One stage may involve completing timed screening tests covering quantitative, verbal, and analytical writing. In general, there will be 3 stages. The last stage will involve a 45-minute interview with our principal researchers via zoom.
The stipend to be paid will be flat and remitted monthly and only during semesters when schools are on session. No payment will be made during holidays. The annualized stipend is NGN120,000 maximum. Stipend will be pro rata of this value. After becoming a Baumbrains Scholar, students with a perfect semester-specific GPA, i.e. 5.0/5.0 in each semester, will get a performance bonus equal to at least 3 times their regular monthly stipend for that semester.
Please note. As always, this scholarship is for indigent students, so preference will always be given to the most gifted students who are indigent. We will be watching out for such students.
All qualified students are encouraged to apply.
Application deadline – July 30 2021. No applications will be accepted after this deadline.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77