Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC (3004 Views)

Akpabio Strikes Senate Presidency Deal With APC, 10 Lawmakers To Defect With Him / 2019: 3 PDP Governors To Defect To APC - Suleiman Ahmed Wambai / Three Northern APC Governors To Defect To PDP (Names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by Kosiso12(f): 8:55pm On Jun 09, 2021
BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC | #IgbereTV

All plans for the Governor of Abia State, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu to defect to the All Progressives Congress, APC, have been finalized as Senator Orji Uzor Kalu has found a common ground for unity in the party, Igbere TV reports.

A member of the Caretaker Committee and Extra-Ordinary Convention Planning Committee chaired by the Governor of Yobe State, Governor Mai Mala Buni on Tuesday told our reporter that Ikpeazu’s delayed defection is as a result of the disagreements between him and the Senate Chief Whip who also doubles as the Chairman of the APC caucus in Abia .

Following the peaceful truce reached between Kalu and Ikpeazu , the source confirmed that the governor has suggested his declaration to hold after that of the Zamfara state governor , Bello Muhammad Matawalle , adding that the party leadership will soon announce the date.

The several months speculation of defections of Umahi, Ayade , Matawalle and Ikpeazu to the APC has seen Umahi and Ayade officially join the APC, setting the stage ready for Matawalle and Ikpeazu

Recall that a serving commissioner in Ikpeazu’s government shortly after Ayade’s defection weeks ago revealed that Gov. Ikpeazu has concluded plans to join his former party men to the APC.

The commissioner noted that Ikpeazu’s reason for defection is connected with his ill treatment by the defacto governor of the state .

It’s also reported that the dissolution of the Zamfara state executive council on Tuesday is part of Governor Bello Matawalle’s preparations for defecting to the APC

Mr Matawalle will formally declare for the APC on June 12, as part of the ceremony to mark Democracy Day.

A source said the governor dissolved his cabinet because some members, including the deputy governor, Mahdi Aliyu, are reluctant to make the journey to the ruling party with him.
For a while, it has been rumoured that the governor has been harbouring plans to dump the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), even though some leaders of the APC in the state do not want him in the party.

On Tuesday, he sacked the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Bala Bello, the 23 commissioners, his Chief of Staff, Bala Mande, and the Deputy Chief of Staff, Bashir Maru.

STAY WITH IGBERE TV. AFRICA'S NO1 COMMUNITY TV.

https://igberetvnews.com/1392510/breaking-gov-ikpeazu-set-defect-apc/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by jlinkd78(m): 8:58pm On Jun 09, 2021
Noted
Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by GreenFarmsNG: 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2021
Thank God. A failure like Ikpeazu and Ayade are the worst materials produced by PDP which is sadly regrettable.

This calls for thanks giving ceremony.

Congrats to all my Abian brothers for this mighty feat.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by FASTLINK1: 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2021
Ok
Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by Kandeed: 9:01pm On Jun 09, 2021
ok
Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by OnionBandit(f): 9:01pm On Jun 09, 2021
Fulani janja-weed government has bought the entire South East cheesy cheesy

Does this mean these governors don't care about Biafra? They ve all got their eyes on 2023 while Nnamdi Kanu and followers continue to set the East ablaze.
"APC is finished"..yet they keep winning souls..

Wonder what will be going on in the minds of wailers right now..

I hope by now all these brainless wailers will realise it's not about APC or PDP.

Well, lemme use this opportunity to welcome the man who brought domino pizza and Kilimanjaro into Nigeria

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by Stan2330(m): 9:02pm On Jun 09, 2021
I personally don't know what is wrong with abia state governor.. How can a governor not pay resident doctors in the state 22 months salary and he is comfortable? NMA both regional and national have done everything possible still no salary. Apart from resident doctors, University lecturers, poly lecturers, school teachers and pensioners are owed salaries of more than 10 months..
What has abians done to deserve this?
I worry about buhari but I worry more about okezie ikpeazu he should pay salaries
Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by Jamesbally: 9:03pm On Jun 09, 2021
The North is doing what it knows how to do best. By 2023, we are going to apoint APC members as Governors of the 5 EASTERN States. grin cheesy grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by Coldshisha: 9:05pm On Jun 09, 2021
Apparently Yahaya Bello wasn't kidding

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by seunmsg(m): 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2021
GreenFarmsNG:
Thank God. A failure like Ikpeazu and Ayade are the worst materials produced by PDP which is sadly regrettable.

This calls for thanks giving ceremony.

Congrats to all my Abian brothers for this mighty feat.

These guys were elected on the platform of PDP. Your darling PDP presented them again for reelection and there was no talk about their failures. Now that one is in APC and the other is also on his way to the ruling party, they are now failures and the worst materials produced by PDP.

Let me guess; if Ortom, Okowa, Wike etc all decamped to APC today, you will tag them as failures, right? You really think you can deceive Nigerians Smh! Nigerians are far wiser and discerning. They can read in between the lines and smell your hypocrisy.

APC has not performed to expectations but PDP is not a better alternative. In fact, PDP is a dead party. By this time next year, no reasonable person will be left in the party.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by VaselineCrew: 9:11pm On Jun 09, 2021
Why naija youths after all the suffering still vote apc and pdp is beyond me. Is everything just a joke to you guys?

You will use every opportunity to destroy your country with your votes like it is not your country

Saying things like elrufai next and Tinubu is the only man for the job

Meanwhile, there exists super talented young and old Nigerians who are breaking boundaries, that will not be considered by you guys.

Search deep within yourselves men

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by mekuso89(m): 9:13pm On Jun 09, 2021
You people rejoicing will soon perish
Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by Coldshisha: 9:14pm On Jun 09, 2021
VaselineCrew:
Why naija youths after all the suffering still vote apc and pdp is beyond me. Is everything just a joke to you guys?

You will use every opportunity to destroy your country with your votes like it is not your country

Saying things like elrufai next and Tinubu is the only man for the job

Meanwhile, there exists super talented young and old Nigerians who are breaking boundaries, that will not be considered by you guys.

Search deep within yourselves men

Okay who are you voting for in 2023 what party and candidate

Kindly state your valid reasons

Or we should scream Ofen Nsala day , no referendum no Election while Almajiri kids votes on our behalf

I can't vote Tinubu in peace again

A man who broke records at Chicago State University,

Worked in Aramco subsidiary, Delliote, Price water Cooper, ExxonMobil , General Electric , National Oil

Someone who's Lagos 1999 blueprint is the only template that is working in the whole of Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by Kingspin(m): 9:15pm On Jun 09, 2021
Dine with the devil
Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by Ever8090: 9:18pm On Jun 09, 2021
Oga!!...na everything una go dey blame North?..na so d inferiority complex don reach?
Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by LibertyRep: 9:19pm On Jun 09, 2021
APDPC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by VaselineCrew: 9:26pm On Jun 09, 2021
Coldshisha:

I’m thinking Sowore but still open to ideas beyond apc and pdp, unless of course those parties were to by chance bring out brilliant candidates, which isn’t a likely outcome going by their antecedents.

The why for Sowore is cause he would be one of the most brilliant presidents Nigeria has ever had. Graduating from an Ivy League school and growing Sahara reporters to what it is today are some of the things that endear me to him.

With voting other parties, there’s a higher likelihood of getting the best (or close) man for the job, as they don’t subscribe to the zoning policy laid out by the apc and pdp. How can merit be upheld in a system that promotes “turn by turn”? It’s almost like flying in a plane piloted by the best pilot in his/her class, versus flying in a plane with a pilot only there because it’s the turn of his/her tribe to fly the plane.
Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:29pm On Jun 09, 2021
Okay
Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by Coldshisha: 9:32pm On Jun 09, 2021
VaselineCrew:

I’m thinking Sowore but still open to ideas beyond apc and pdp, unless of course those parties were to by chance bring out brilliant candidates, which isn’t a likely outcome going by their antecedents.

The why for Sowore is cause he would be one of the most brilliant presidents Nigeria has ever had. Graduating from an Ivy League school and growing Sahara reporters to what it is today are some of the things that endear me to him.

With voting other parties, there’s a higher likelihood of getting the best (or close) man for the job, as they don’t subscribe to the zoning policy laid out by the apc and pdp. How can merit be upheld in a system that promotes “turn by turn”? It’s almost like flying in a plane piloted by the best pilot in his/her class, versus flying in a plane with a pilot only there because it’s the turn of his/her tribe to fly the plane.

While not criticising your choice , mine is Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Experience in public sector, private sector, governance, and anything you can mention Tinubu outclass Sowore a million times

Wiki to wiki, C.V to C.V only few people can even dare to compete with a genius like Jagaban

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by musa234(m): 9:36pm On Jun 09, 2021
They are both two useless party. The two parties are the reasons Nigeria is in such a sorry state..
Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by heniford2: 9:39pm On Jun 09, 2021
What a good news grin
Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by fregeneh(m): 9:42pm On Jun 09, 2021
Coldshisha:

Or we should scream Ofen Nsala day , no referendum no Election while Almajiri kids votes on our behalf

I can't vote Tinubu in peace again

A man who broke records at Chicago State University,

Worked in Aramco subsidiary, Delliote, Price water Cooper, ExxonMobil , General Electric , National Oil

Someone who's Lagos 1999 blueprint is the only template that is working in the whole of Nigeria

Stop gasliting within how may year did work in all this company? It to praise/surport our own but we should try to be factual at times abeg!!
Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by centoke30(m): 9:43pm On Jun 09, 2021
Lol... Ikpeazu is going nowhere... Mark my word

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by Coldshisha: 9:44pm On Jun 09, 2021
fregeneh:

Stop gasliting within how may year did work in all this company? It to praise/surport our own but we should try to be factual at times abeg!!

This isn't psychological manipulation or gaslighting

Mention anyone with Tinubu's remarkable experience and contribution to democracy since NADECO days and perhaps I might start rooting for the person

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by History555: 9:44pm On Jun 09, 2021
Tinubu how market
Yoruba how market
When i tell people all these jumping from govt house to govt house to get pd govs to defect by mai bunu and northern governors is for benefit of the north. Some people are still boasting they are working for tinubu.
Buhari go shock him sw supporters for 2023

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:47pm On Jun 09, 2021
APC, association of failures

No wonder Nigeria is the way it is

Okezie Ikpeazu, don't forget to go with your 1902 family and wig

There, you will meet your great grand ancestor, Buhari grin grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by Ilola(f): 9:47pm On Jun 09, 2021
I no blame does defecting, since he will become a saint once he joins APC. I only blame the vibrant youths with active brain that will vote for APC or PDP.
Re: BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Set To Defect To APC by Sirjamo: 11:12pm On Jun 09, 2021
By 2023, only Reno Omokry and Secondus will remain in the Poverty Development Party.

The day Ikpeazu will join APC, Buni will welcome him with 6 million litres of Kerosene.

I AM DONE TALKING

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Likely Results Of 2023 Presidential Polls / Video: Bola Tinubu Break Ramadan Fast With Friends And Family In France / Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.