Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,824 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came (2999 Views)

Bosun Tijani apologises to senators for calling them ‘morons’ in a 2021 tweet / Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets / Okorocha Absent As INEC Presents Certificate To Senators-Elect- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by amoreobansu: 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2023
Akpabio: Sources Expose How Much 'Token' Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came From

Sources in the National Assembly have exposed how much ‘token’ was sent to each senator for them to enjoy their holiday.

Naija News reports that Senate President, Godswill Akpabio, made news headlines on Wednesday after he mistakenly exposed on live television that the lawmakers would be getting a takeaway for their recess.

Akpabio revealed that a token had been sent to the lawmakers to enjoy their holiday, a comment that raised eyebrows at the Senate plenary.

Recall that the Red Chamber, on Monday, concluded the screening and confirmation of President Bola Tinubu’s ministerial nominees and thereafter adjourned the plenary to September 26.

Addressing his colleagues before the adjournment motion was moved, Akpabio said a token, what many interpreted to mean money, had been sent by the Clerk of the National Assembly, Magaji Tambuwal, to the senators to enjoy their holidays.

However, the Senate President was quickly informed by some principal officers that he was on live television and speaking before reporters.

Upon realizing his mistake, Akpabio swiftly withdrew his statement and said prayers had been sent to their mailboxes to assist them in going on a safe journey and return.

How Much Tokens Each Senator Received To Enjoy Holiday
Sources that reportedly spoke with SaharaReporters, however, alleged that N2 million was sent to each of the senators for their recess.

The sources further alleged that a ministerial nominee had given Akpabio N1 billion to share with the lawmakers.

Senators Upset With Akpabio
It was gathered that the senators of the 10th National Assembly are already upset that Senate President Akpabio exposed that they will be getting a ‘token’ perceived as bribe money from the ministerial screening.

A source in the red chamber said the aggrieved senators are unhappy about the ridicule and embarrassment the former Akwa Ibom governor’s unguarded statement has brought to them.

SaharaReporters quoted the source as saying that the lawmakers described Akpabio’s action as blackmail to ensure they received the stick from their constituents for a “paltry sum” while he had pocketed the bulk of the alleged bribe money paid to them.

“Senators are upset with Senate President Akpabio for exposing the bribe money they get for ministerial screening. A paltry N2 million was sent to each of them. They are angry that now Nigerians know how they are bribed to allow ministerial nominees to take a bow and go,” the source said.

“The Senate President collected over N1 billion from the screened ministers and sent only N2 million to the account of each of 109 senators, totalling N218 million,” another source added.

According to the source, Akpabio didn’t disclose to the senators the source of the N2 million each sent to their accounts.

But what he did, according to them, was to blackmail the Senators on Monday night in an open live television cast that money had been sent to the accounts of Senators for holidays.

“Then the following morning, senators received only N2 million each in their accounts while the senate president pocketed hundreds of millions of naira.

“What a shame and highest treachery and blackmail by the Senate President. Senators are getting ready for a battle with him because this has pitched Senators against their constituents who never knew that they were given only N2 million each for the so-called ‘allowance for holidays/vacation,” the sources alleged.

https://www./2023/08/10/akpabio-sources-expose-how-much-token-was-sent-to-senators-for-holiday-where-it-came-from/#:~:text=Sources%20that%20reportedly%20spoke%20with,to%20share%20with%20the%20lawmakers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by kabillionaire(m): 3:04pm On Aug 10, 2023
My country Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by EmperorCaesar(m): 3:09pm On Aug 10, 2023
If this was against Obi, Ipobi-diot would call it "mere propaganda by the agbado government"

Now that the news is against the APC government, They'll believe it

Since those that believe Santa claux is real. I've never seen a more deluded group all my life cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by NairaGPT: 3:16pm On Aug 10, 2023
EmperorCaesar:
If this was against Obi, Ipobi-diot would call it "mere propaganda the agbado government"

Since those that believe Santa claux is real. I've never seen a more deluded group all my life cheesy cheesy cheesy
shut up. Can’t you see how people in government are ripping you off? Or are you a senator

20 Likes

Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by EmperorCaesar(m): 3:18pm On Aug 10, 2023
NairaGPT:
shut up. Can’t you see how people in government are ripping you off? Or are you a senator

Okay bro, Lets go and attack them tomorrow

Where are we meeting or do u reside in Anambra

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by NairaGPT: 3:28pm On Aug 10, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

smh Nigeria doesn’t consist of yoruba igbo and hausa bro. Just calm down and think well, does Nigeria look okay to you atm?

17 Likes

Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by ican2020: 3:31pm On Aug 10, 2023
No cause for alarm cause that’s is what we voted for so enjoy your leaders and stop complaining for its tool early
Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by Mjshexy(f): 3:34pm On Aug 10, 2023
The news that comes out of this Country on a daily makes me weak, just this morning on my way to work i saw this little boy drenched under the rain begging for just #50 and i imagined what that sum could buy in present day Nigeria before giving him the 1k on me. Why are we cursed with these kind of egomaniac and egocentric leaders, I'm tired sad

6 Likes

Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 10, 2023
How many of these senators even send money to their constituents?Is it not Desmond harlot that build kpako foot bridge and a mobile toilet for his over 3million constituents?He already knew our votes don't count and that MC oluomo and his thugs are the ones who put him there.
Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by EmperorCaesar(m): 3:47pm On Aug 10, 2023
NairaGPT:
smh Nigeria doesn’t consist of yoruba igbo and hausa bro. Just calm down and think well, does Nigeria look okay to you atm?

Since u know cant do anything at the moment, why then are u asking me if I'm pleased with how they are sharing money between themselves

What do we do now bro
Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by orion7: 3:55pm On Aug 10, 2023
EmperorCaesar:
If this was against Obi, Ipobi-diot would call it "mere propaganda by the agbado government"

dafts will drag obi to this when thy have nothing to say.

Stupid corn eating animals

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by Psychokinetic: 3:59pm On Aug 10, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

What has Obi got to do with this??
yoruba Mozulem 🐷🐷🐷s and deranged stupidity fa!!

5 Likes

Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by Britishpea: 4:50pm On Aug 10, 2023
kabillionaire:
My country Nigeria

Na so u dumb and slow reach? Look at the website that you are taking seriously?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by maticar: 5:07pm On Aug 10, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

You must have been dropped on the head as a baby really

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by Lovelive: 5:17pm On Aug 10, 2023
So unfortunate that we call these crocks/heartless politicians, leaders ×

amoreobansu:
Akpabio: Sources Expose How Much 'Token' Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came From

Sources in the National Assembly have exposed how much ‘token’ was sent to each senator for them to enjoy their holiday.

Naija News reports that Senate President, Godswill Akpabio, made news headlines on Wednesday after he mistakenly exposed on live television that the lawmakers would be getting a takeaway for their recess.

Akpabio revealed that a token had been sent to the lawmakers to enjoy their holiday, a comment that raised eyebrows at the Senate plenary.

Recall that the Red Chamber, on Monday, concluded the screening and confirmation of President Bola Tinubu’s ministerial nominees and thereafter adjourned the plenary to September 26.

Addressing his colleagues before the adjournment motion was moved, Akpabio said a token, what many interpreted to mean money, had been sent by the Clerk of the National Assembly, Magaji Tambuwal, to the senators to enjoy their holidays.

However, the Senate President was quickly informed by some principal officers that he was on live television and speaking before reporters.

Upon realizing his mistake, Akpabio swiftly withdrew his statement and said prayers had been sent to their mailboxes to assist them in going on a safe journey and return.

How Much Tokens Each Senator Received To Enjoy Holiday
Sources that reportedly spoke with SaharaReporters, however, alleged that N2 million was sent to each of the senators for their recess.

The sources further alleged that a ministerial nominee had given Akpabio N1 billion to share with the lawmakers.

Senators Upset With Akpabio
It was gathered that the senators of the 10th National Assembly are already upset that Senate President Akpabio exposed that they will be getting a ‘token’ perceived as bribe money from the ministerial screening.

A source in the red chamber said the aggrieved senators are unhappy about the ridicule and embarrassment the former Akwa Ibom governor’s unguarded statement has brought to them.

SaharaReporters quoted the source as saying that the lawmakers described Akpabio’s action as blackmail to ensure they received the stick from their constituents for a “paltry sum” while he had pocketed the bulk of the alleged bribe money paid to them.

“Senators are upset with Senate President Akpabio for exposing the bribe money they get for ministerial screening. A paltry N2 million was sent to each of them. They are angry that now Nigerians know how they are bribed to allow ministerial nominees to take a bow and go,” the source said.

“The Senate President collected over N1 billion from the screened ministers and sent only N2 million to the account of each of 109 senators, totalling N218 million,” another source added.

According to the source, Akpabio didn’t disclose to the senators the source of the N2 million each sent to their accounts.

But what he did, according to them, was to blackmail the Senators on Monday night in an open live television cast that money had been sent to the accounts of Senators for holidays.

“Then the following morning, senators received only N2 million each in their accounts while the senate president pocketed hundreds of millions of naira.

“What a shame and highest treachery and blackmail by the Senate President. Senators are getting ready for a battle with him because this has pitched Senators against their constituents who never knew that they were given only N2 million each for the so-called ‘allowance for holidays/vacation,” the sources alleged.

https://www./2023/08/10/akpabio-sources-expose-how-much-token-was-sent-to-senators-for-holiday-where-it-came-from/#:~:text=Sources%20that%20reportedly%20spoke%20with,to%20share%20with%20the%20lawmakers.

Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by Bullionaire: 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

A phool just said something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by nnamdi640: 6:38pm On Aug 10, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

Politicians have reset your brain, they have made it to only focus on Obi.
Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by CorrectionFLuid: 6:41pm On Aug 10, 2023
Gifting themselves lush funds while making the masses suffer. Even the call tax that was introduced and later removed by Buhari regime, Tinubu regime has sneaked it back in. N15 per minute tax. How much is now the main call
Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by fuckingAyaya(m): 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2023
We the Agbado supporter' what about our 8k stipend to enjoy our Holiday? cry bonjour ronu's Sapa bien merci et vou 😤
Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by iluvdonjazzy: 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2023
Who else would have given them that 1billion apart from WIKE.
Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by Iseoluwani: 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2023
We are not surprised

Pls friends vote my team Mount Zion from top to bottom

https://forms.gle/6ikrofh6vPgixJFJ8

Pls remember to vote for MOUNT ZION AND SHARE WITH FRIENDS

Tnks
Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by NwaliE01: 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2023
Some people are so stupid and shameless that they can defend their oppressor just to sound politically right. Well, being mentally blind is the worst form of blindness that no amount of surgery can correct especially for someone that’s not willing to be liberated.
Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by Homguy(m): 7:10pm On Aug 11, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

suffering knws no tribe. A person like this animalwould also travel out and complain about racism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by Justiceleague1: 7:20pm On Aug 11, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

Dem don chop ya future finish clean mouth,the only thing you have to bequeath to ya children is Igbo this, Igbo that,shame.. grin
Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by Justiceleague1: 7:24pm On Aug 11, 2023
Bullionaire:

A phool just said something.
I tell you,bro...such a big4nothing one at that...

I wonder how they reason in their heads!!!
Re: Sources Expose How Much ‘Token’ Was Sent To Senators For Holiday, Where It Came by Throwback: 7:30pm On Aug 11, 2023
So you mean that Labour Party Senators also got these funds in a news without source?

Yet they kept quiet?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Imagine If Someone From South East Made This Statement / Uk On Sale To Homosexuals: Secret Gay Lifestyle Of David Cameron Exposed / Exposed:how Senator Ndume Funds Boko Haram And Death Of Shekau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.