Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,008 members, 7,956,739 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:53 PM

"They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments (28275 Views)

'Lopsided Appointments': Asari Dokubo Warns President Tinubu In New Video / Asari Dokubo Slams Tinubu Over 'Lopsided Appointments' (Video) / HURIWA Slams Tinubu Over ‘Lopsided’ Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by Tareq1105: 12:24pm On Jun 10, 2021
You don't mean it
Jenny1010:
Cut-off marks for entrance to Federal Secondary Schools in Nigeria.

SOUTH :
Abia – Male (130) Female (130)
Anambra – Male (139) Female (139)
Delta – Male (131) Female (131)
Ebonyi – Male (112) Female (112)
Edo – Male (127) Female (127)
Ekiti – Male (119) Female (119)
Enugu – Male (134) Female (134)
Akwa-Ibom – Male (123) Female (123)
Imo – Male (138) Female (138)
Lagos – Male (133) Female(133)
Rivers – Male (118) Female (118)
Ogun – Male (131) Female (131)
Ondo – Male (126) Female (126)
Osun – Male (127) Female (127)
Oyo – Male (127) Female (127)

NORTH:
Bauchi – Male (35) Female (35)
Borno – Male (45) Female (45)
Adamawa – Male (62) Female (62)
Gombe – Male (58) Female (58)
Jigawa – Male (44) Female (44)
Kaduna – Male (91) Female (91)
Kano – Male (67) Female (67)
Kastina – Male (60) Female (60)
Kebbi – Male (9) Female (20)
Nassarawa – Male (58) Female (58)
Plateau – Male (97) Female (97)
Sokoto – Male (9) Female (13)
Taraba – Male (3) Female (11)
Yobe – Male (2) Female (27)
Zamfara – Male (4) Female (2)

Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by IGBOSON1: 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2021
FarahAideed:
Nonsense as usual

I cringed listening to him answering those questions! The interviewers didn’t take him to task, and allowed him to get away with blatant lies, half-truths, divisive, bigoted and daft answers!

1 Like

Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by FLYFIRE(m): 12:33pm On Jun 10, 2021
Dont mind the terrorist. He wants to use TAQIYYA

TAQIYYQ: Islam Permits Lying to Deceive Unbelievers and Bring World Domination! Muslims lie when it is in their interest to do so and "Allah" will not hold them accountable for lying when it is beneficial to the cause of Islam. They can lie without any guilt or fear of accountability or retribution.
Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 10, 2021
Aufbauh:
What I heard him say is actually worth giving a thought.
Will you discard someone who has been patience in the service to go through the ranks and qualify to be appointed for someone else who is not up to that rank just to balance up?
Sometimes , I feel some of you here don't have a working brain or just willingly stupid.
Didn't you know that the newly appointed army chief has seniors majority from the south,who were neglected ?

1 Like

Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by IamCookie(f): 12:34pm On Jun 10, 2021
[quote author=wirinet post=102572273]

Are you telling us than only Fulanis are the only people that can earn positions under President Buhari? That no other tribe out of the over 100 tribes in Nigeria have profiles or CVs that can match Fulanis? So you mean to tell me that only Fulanis have the best profiles in Nigeria to head all the security agencies, the EFCC chairman, custom's comptroller general, most heads of parastatals, etc?

I actually saw the interview, and President Buhari specifically talked about the military(COAS) having earned the position. He went further to cite the dept. he served before he got the position and also criticized a number of citizens from different region for not joining the military on time ,to have enabled them rise to such rank where they will have the privilege of been appointed.

He said ,he needs someone that is well known and respected within the army to assume such mantle...
He didn't talk generally on all positions. I had expected Tundun Abiola to ask about other appointments he made ,which is not well balanced but ... I think they are taking it gently with baba grin
Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 10, 2021
I wish this can be earned in unity schools,civil service,etc...
So the North that comes last in everything is the one that merits more...What an irony!!!

2 Likes

Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by IGBOSON1: 12:41pm On Jun 10, 2021
Tpharell:
From today's interview president Buhari does not believe in the federal character principle or quota system which himself is a beneficiary.

How else do you explain that only persons from a certain ethnic and religious background have 'earned' to serve and occupy very sensitive offices in this government

There’s no better proof than this that Nigeria has been handed over to the muslim core north! Sadly, many southerners and middle-belters are either too daft to realise this, or they know but don’t wanna do anything about it because they lily-livered or they think a change would ‘benefit’ the competition/enemy!
Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by IGBOSON1: 12:44pm On Jun 10, 2021
Baawahala:
I wish this can be earned in unity schools,civil service,etc...
So the North that comes last in everything is the one that merits more...What an irony!!!

This is why Nigeria is presently in the doldrums with all socio-economic indices heading south ever since 2015!
Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by OlaBlaize(m): 12:49pm On Jun 10, 2021
Aufbauh:
Will you discard someone who has been patience in the service to go through the ranks and qualify to be appointed for someone else who is not up to that rank just to balance up?
He couldn't have gone through the ranks more than those above him. The COAS is course 37. How could he have gone through the ranks more than course 35 and 36 whom he met in service? Mind you those generals would get to the rank of a general before him. So the president line of argument is flimsy.
Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by Sunday2021: 1:03pm On Jun 10, 2021
PlayMaker14:
My dear, my father won't even accept to take any position in this useless administration that bathe itself with blood of innocent citizens.....

Try and drag your own father with his First School Leaving Certificate to get appointed, it might help to lift you people out of extreme Poverty.
then allow those that want to do job to achieve their goal. Stop crying like a fool.
BTW, who is your father? Do your community leader know him?
Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by UtuokeAlcoholic: 1:38pm On Jun 10, 2021
PlayMaker14:
I believe the Al-Queda loving terrorist called Isa Pantami earned his appointment...

I believe the good for nothing AGF Malami earned his appointment.

I also believe that the notorious drunkard called Lauretta Onochie earned her appointment into the Electoral Commission of this country.

This "Push and Start" nepotistic president should shut up and sit his bony ass down.
Between Madam Lauretta and the otuoke master who be drunkard pass?
Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by vanunu: 2:05pm On Jun 10, 2021
Aufbauh:

That contradicts his position on the chief of army staff.
Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by GorillaApp(m): 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2021
Jenny1010:
Cut-off marks for entrance to Federal Secondary Schools in Nigeria.

SOUTH :
Abia – Male (130) Female (130)
Anambra – Male (139) Female (139)
Delta – Male (131) Female (131)
Ebonyi – Male (112) Female (112)
Edo – Male (127) Female (127)
Ekiti – Male (119) Female (119)
Enugu – Male (134) Female (134)
Akwa-Ibom – Male (123) Female (123)
Imo – Male (138) Female (138)
Lagos – Male (133) Female(133)
Rivers – Male (118) Female (118)
Ogun – Male (131) Female (131)
Ondo – Male (126) Female (126)
Osun – Male (127) Female (127)
Oyo – Male (127) Female (127)

NORTH:
Bauchi – Male (35) Female (35)
Borno – Male (45) Female (45)
Adamawa – Male (62) Female (62)
Gombe – Male (58) Female (58)
Jigawa – Male (44) Female (44)
Kaduna – Male (91) Female (91)
Kano – Male (67) Female (67)
Kastina – Male (60) Female (60)
Kebbi – Male (9) Female (20)
Nassarawa – Male (58) Female (58)
Plateau – Male (97) Female (97)
Sokoto – Male (9) Female (13)
Taraba – Male (3) Female (11)
Yobe – Male (2) Female (27)
Zamfara – Male (4) Female (2)

Is this really true or are my eyes deceiving me?
Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by Georgejeez: 3:11pm On Jun 10, 2021
Incognito403:

May you never prosper if this is false.
And if it's not?
Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by Sunday2021: 3:12pm On Jun 10, 2021
wirinet:

Are you telling us than only Fulanis are the only people that can earn positions under President Buhari? That no other tribe out of the over 100 tribes in Nigeria have profiles or CVs that can match Fulanis? So you mean to tell me that only Fulanis have the best profiles in Nigeria to head all the security agencies, the EFCC chairman, custom's comptroller general, most heads of parastatals, etc?

the chief of defense, is he a fulani man?
The chief of air staff, is he a fulani man?
The chief of naval staff that held from kano, is he a fulani man?
We have more than 350 tribes in Nigeria but anytime a Northerner is appointed, you people will start calling him a fulani man. Igbos are not the only tribe in Nigeria but their greediness has no rival. When gej was there, igbos have almost all the appointment in the federal government, I can remember when Yoruba elders went to Jonathan and complain of marginalization, the igbos insulted the hell out of the Yoruba elders.
Remember! In security, you have to appoint trusted hands. Tafawa Balewa government was made up of 87% igbos, but they were not contented until they killed him.
Ihejirika was the chief of army staff while Ngozi was the minister of finance, nobody shouted marginalization.
Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by alingo2013(m): 4:02pm On Jun 10, 2021
neighbourhud:
Our daddy is working

Working lies
Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by Kirigidi(m): 4:24pm On Jun 10, 2021
Aufbauh:
But when it comes to education, northern students are always given far lower cut-off marks just to "balance up" to southern students. Is that fairness? The hypocrisy of you northerners is something else!

2 Likes

Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by Ikpongiton: 4:45pm On Jun 10, 2021
CilicMarin:
Has anyone that since the suspension of Twitter, fake news, misinformation and disinformation have reduced by over 70%!

May God Continue To Bless Our Daddy Buhari...A God- Given President..

22yrs of democracy
Obasanjo 8 years PDP
Yaradua 3 Years PDP
Jonathan 5 Years PDP
Buhari 6 years APC

PDP 16years
APC 6 years
Southerners 13 years
Northerners 9 Years

Northers are still willing to hand over in 2023 yet the constitution is flawed and favors them.

Ask yourself, Why the bigotry?
those things I see in bubu trousers look like torotoro legs
Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by Kagd10: 4:53pm On Jun 10, 2021
CilicMarin:
Has anyone that since the suspension of Twitter, fake news, misinformation and disinformation have reduced by over 70%!

22yrs of democracy
Obasanjo 8 years PDP
Yaradua 3 Years PDP
Jonathan 5 Years PDP
Buhari 6 years APC

PDP 16years
APC 6 years
Southerners 13 years
Northerners 9 Years

Northers are still willing to hand over in 2023 yet the constitution is flawed and favors them.

Your Brain forgot Shehu shagari!

And the fact that almost all the military government were northerners! Why did you think Nigeria became so Useless? Because it was in the hand of the Useless northerners for so long!
Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by lamentor78(m): 5:32pm On Jun 10, 2021
CilicMarin:

22yrs of democracy
Obasanjo 8 years PDP
Yaradua 3 Years PDP
Jonathan 5 Years PDP
Buhari 6 years APC

PDP 16years
APC 6 years
Southerners 13 years
Northerners 9 Years

Who is the idiot that wrote this ,why not start your analysis from 1960 when we have independence bunch of hypocrites

1 Like

Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by Gfskw: 5:50pm On Jun 10, 2021
Family and friends appointments
Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by berrystunn(m): 5:55pm On Jun 10, 2021
CilicMarin:

22yrs of democracy
Obasanjo 8 years PDP
Yaradua 3 Years PDP
Jonathan 5 Years PDP
Buhari 6 years APC

PDP 16years
APC 6 years
Southerners 13 years
Northerners 9 Years

The results is Corruption in high places
Insecurity,...
Poverty.
Unemployment.
Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by neighbourhud: 5:58pm On Jun 10, 2021
alingo2013:

Working lies

Na u talk o cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 10, 2021
This nonsense started under GEJ PDP in its shortsightedness removed zoning which was an unofficial agreement for representation of every region of the country in federal postings.

My issue is, even amongst the northerners it’s only recently he started bringing out people that actually know work for most of his tenure if they are not somehow connected to his family they don’t get posts. If you bring leeches all they will do is steal. In the meantime their jobs are left undone. His aides were all compromised and being paid by negative agents.

Otherwise girlfriends of NorthWest governors were being given juicy posts.

Get people with a history of performance no matter where they are from and see how things change
Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by Kennydoc(m): 7:15pm On Jun 10, 2021
Aufbauh:

Do you know how many times Buhari bypassed people who were next in line just because they were southerners or Christians?
He did it with IGP
Also did it with COAS
Even CG of Customs

Buhari is an unrepentant tribalist.
Don't worry, a southerner will be the president one day and will enthrone proper merit and let's see how the northerners will have any appointment again.
Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by DedeNkem: 11:48pm On Jun 10, 2021
Franckelv230:
So I turned my VPN on and couldn't access nairaland, wetin be the problem. Those in diaspora are using nairaland, how come my own case

You don't need a vpn to visit nairaland. The free vpn I use for Twitter is SuperVPNfree. It is good and fast.
Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by DedeNkem: 11:52pm On Jun 10, 2021
Coming from the incompetent tribalistic nepotistic Fulani jihadist dead-man-walking Buhari !
Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by Nosaghae(m): 12:12am On Jun 11, 2021
CilicMarin:

22yrs of democracy
Obasanjo 8 years PDP
Yaradua 3 Years PDP
Jonathan 5 Years PDP
Buhari 6 years APC

PDP 16years
APC 6 years
Southerners 13 years
Northerners 9 Years

Who did this to you?
Re: "They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments by Tzar(m): 4:19am On Jun 11, 2021
Nepotism personified.
I hope any Southern leader who gets to power reciprocates this unwholesome gesture.
May God punish any Southern president who doesn't make lopsided appointments when power shifts to the South.
I hope the North will remain as quiet when this happens.

Doraty1:

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-theyre-earned-buhari-rejects-claims-of-lopsided-appointments

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomhole Exposes How SS Governors Got Billions In "Trapped Funds" / Re: Crowd Dispersal At Lekki Toll Gate / Disquiet In APC Over Buhari’s Non-participation In Tinubu’s Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.