Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Wedding: Would You Still Spend As Much As You Did If Given Another Chance? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wedding: Would You Still Spend As Much As You Did If Given Another Chance? (1803 Views)

Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? / How Much Do You Spend As A Married Man Monthly? / What Would You First Go Through On Your Spouses' Phone If Given The Chance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wedding: Would You Still Spend As Much As You Did If Given Another Chance? by OLABOY8495(m): 6:53am On Jun 14, 2021
Guys No Matter How Small The Wedding Is Nah Money U Go Spend Oo But As For Me No Aso Ebi And No White Marriage Only Court Marriage But That Court Marriage Will Be Base On Contract And Agreement Or Should I Say Terms And Conditions Loobaataan.
Re: Wedding: Would You Still Spend As Much As You Did If Given Another Chance? by GboyegaD(m): 1:25pm On Jun 14, 2021
Not sure I would spend more. I had a modest wedding I am proud of and the cost were borne by me and my wife. As for food, it was organize by our parents cos I wasn't ready to feed anyone at my wedding and I told them that was the only contribution from them. If I had my way, I planned on having a cocktail at the engagement but apparently, it wasn't their thing. I told them no reception since they fed the guests at the engagement however, I agreed to giving out take away packs in church.

1 Like

Re: Wedding: Would You Still Spend As Much As You Did If Given Another Chance? by toyinsalammy(f): 7:09pm On Jun 14, 2021
poshestmina:

Same reason I didn't attend a former colleague's wedding last month,she said asoebi was 8k initially,later she said that one is too 'local' and it's just 'regular abi normal' guests that she has another one for her closest friend for 25k (for 5 yards) undecided undecided undecided.
Before I'd pay tailor,buy matching clutch and shoe ,pay for make up and gele,pay uber to and fro Island,buy gifts and spray her money too , everything will be more than 50/60k.

I told her I wouldn't be around and sent her 10k. She's been ignoring my messages on Whatsapp since then ,I go soon block her sef. undecided undecided

U even try with the 10k self, most of the people that will buy Aso-ebi won't give her anything.
Re: Wedding: Would You Still Spend As Much As You Did If Given Another Chance? by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 11:57pm On Jun 14, 2021
moriss33:
Omo with the current prices of Goods & services in Nigeria.
If u like or not....u go still spend.
Me sef dey budget 3m for church & trad wedding which will hold same day....don't know if it will be enough
No hall or confined space.
No hall with 3M Then what is the money for ? Get you an hall please! Discharge irrelevant things.
Re: Wedding: Would You Still Spend As Much As You Did If Given Another Chance? by moriss33(m): 9:40am On Jun 15, 2021
well ma family is kinda popular so I don't think a hall will have enough space & ventilation for that crowd.
Well....3M is for
food,
drinks,
souvenirs,
decorations, seats, tables,
clothes for bride,groom,bridesmaids, groomsmen, parents.
Logistics ( accomodation/transportation 4 extended family)
Photographer/drone
Live band & DJ
MC
Security
Cake etc.
Which one should I do away with ?

Xilsbridalhouse:

No hall with 3M Then what is the money for ? Get you an hall please! Discharge irrelevant things.
Re: Wedding: Would You Still Spend As Much As You Did If Given Another Chance? by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 11:00am On Jun 15, 2021
moriss33:
well ma family is kinda popular so I don't think a hall will have enough space & ventilation for that crowd.
Well....3M is for
food,
drinks,
souvenirs,
decorations, seats, tables,
clothes for bride,groom,bridesmaids, groomsmen, parents.
Logistics ( accomodation/transportation 4 extended family)
Photographer/drone
Live band & DJ
MC
Security
Cake etc.
Which one should I do away with ?

Oh...if you have a large family, then I understand this but hopefully you get a nice outdoor environment to do this and pray for a good weather. 3M is quite a lot Sha, but depends too.
Re: Wedding: Would You Still Spend As Much As You Did If Given Another Chance? by Casham: 11:28am On Jun 15, 2021
My brother did his wedding this April. He spent a little bit above N850K from the introduction to the wedding after party. His budget was N600k total, but family contributed N200K. His wifey still complains to me that the wedding was too outrageous.
Re: Wedding: Would You Still Spend As Much As You Did If Given Another Chance? by Saintinoo(m): 11:55am On Jun 15, 2021
moriss33:
Omo with the current prices of Goods & services in Nigeria.
If u like or not....u go still spend.
Me sef dey budget 3m for church & trad wedding which will hold same day....don't know if it will be enough
No hall or confined space.
Two weddings same day, no hall, so if i may ask, what do you need the 3m for?
Re: Wedding: Would You Still Spend As Much As You Did If Given Another Chance? by Bola146(f): 12:21pm On Jun 15, 2021
Ishilove:

A former colleague is selling her aso-ebi for 15k. I heard and kuku acted like I did not hear. On that day, I will wear my normal ankara and eat three plates of rice, dust my nyash afterwards and catwalk home. No time angry

Chop noku grin grin
Re: Wedding: Would You Still Spend As Much As You Did If Given Another Chance? by poshestmina(f): 7:49pm On Jun 15, 2021
toyinsalammy:

U even try with the 10k self, most of the people that will buy Aso-ebi won't give her anything.

Not that we were close pals when we worked together. Just wanted to use the opportunities to meet old colleagues.

If I had bought the asoebi and attended ,not sure I'd have given her upto that amount sef.
Re: Wedding: Would You Still Spend As Much As You Did If Given Another Chance? by Gucciboy1(m): 3:00am On Jun 19, 2021
Bola146:

Chop noku grin grin

Lol... you de vex o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Wives' Mothers Dominate Their Daughters' Marital Homes / Your Wife Is Your Sister: After 10 Years Marriage / I'm A Married Man. What To Do About A Nagging Mother?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.