Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me (2699 Views)

Top List Of Former Governors Who Left High Domestic Debts For Successors (Photo) / The Day Two South-East Governors Shouted At Each Other / Lists Of Nigeria Governors Who Have Range Rover Sentinel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by plaindealer: 8:21pm On Jun 10, 2021
How I turned back two South West Governors who came to me complaining about herdsmen killings – Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari has narrated how he chased back two governors who came all the way from the South West to the State House to lay complaints about the activities of Fulani herdsmen in their respective states.

Buhari said that the two governors, who he turned back, had come to Abuja with the complaint that herdsmen were killing farmers while their animals destroyed crops.

During his rare appearance on a national television, Arise TV on Thursday, Buhari said he simply asked the governors to go back and sort out their own problems since they were elected government officials too.

Insecurity: Nigerians will storm Abuja, force Buhari out of Aso Rock – Pastor Giwa
Buhari did not mention the names of the governors, but noted that he sent them back to go and do what they were elected for.

“…I will give you an example: recently, two governors from the south-west came to tell me that the cattle rearers in some of the forests there have killed the farmers while the cattle were eating up their crops.

“But I told them, you campaigned to be elected and you were elected. So, I said go back and sort yourselves.

“This is because there has been a system as all of us could recall, even in local governments when there were security in each local government…

“They can’t just win an election and sit tight and think somebody will do their jobs for them. I just sent them back.”

https://dailypost.ng/2021/06/10/how-i-turned-back-two-south-west-governors-who-came-to-me-complaining-about-herdsmen-killings-buhari/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by Coldshisha: 8:31pm On Jun 10, 2021
He spoke in English, we all watched the video, so why are they trying hard to twist his words

"Chased back" indeed

3 Likes

Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by BigSarah(f): 8:31pm On Jun 10, 2021
Hail Bihari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by istina: 8:31pm On Jun 10, 2021
But when herdsmen governors run to you for help you do that speedily.
God will judge you

2 Likes

Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by adebwalex(m): 8:39pm On Jun 10, 2021
[quote author=plaindealer post=102591218][/quote]

All the governors hope you have heard what the chief commander of the arm forces as said. You are the chief architecture of your state. Dont wait for president again. You have been given a matching order to deal with all the headmen's decisively who kill your people. Any governor that give excuses now is not fit to be a governor...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by bcomputer101: 8:48pm On Jun 10, 2021
Imagine, so you turned back a whole governor because of your terrorists brothers?
Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by chidyke77(m): 8:49pm On Jun 10, 2021
grin Tinubu and his brothers.

2 Likes

Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by Saifullah01: 8:56pm On Jun 10, 2021
Imagine such sensationalism of journalism
Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by plaindealer: 9:08pm On Jun 10, 2021
adebwalex:

All the governors hope you have heard what the chief commander of the arm forces as said. You are the chief architecture of your state. Dont wait for president again. You have been given a matching order to deal with all the headmen's decisively who kill your people. Any governor that give excuses now is not fit to be a governor...

Here is the problem...

States collects allocations, they collect IGR, they collect FG assistances, programs and policies, they even collect the Nigerian police and law enforcement, but they still cry and shout, they still form delegation to Abuja with their hands and mouth stretched out to beg for the most ridiculous things, these useless governors even budget and pocket billions in security votes every month.

When the average Nigerian look out the window and see bad roads, they send their anger to the FG and the president, everything in Nigeria must be the responsibility of the FG and the president when in fact they are the responsibility of their own governors, the same useless governors they voted for and are paying to take care of their lives, the same useless governors with billions in security votes every month.

Nigerians are still socially and democratically underdeveloped, they are still democratically immature even though they crave and yell democracy every day, they don't know their point A to point B in the grand scheme of things in Nigeria and their own environment and their useless and incompetent governors are in the same boat.

7 Likes

Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by VaselineCrew: 9:13pm On Jun 10, 2021
plaindealer:

Here is the problem...

States collects allocations, they collect IGR, they collect FG assistances, programs and policies, they even collect the Nigerian police and law enforcement, but they still cry and shout, they still form delegation to Abuja with their hands and mouth stretched out to beg for the most ridiculous things, these useless governors even budget and pocket billions in security votes every month.

When the average Nigerian look out the window and see bad roads, they send their anger to the FG and the president, everything in Nigeria must be the responsibility of the FG and the president when in fact they are the responsibility of their own governors, the same useless governors they voted for and are paying to take care of their lives, the same useless governors with billions in security votes every month.

Nigerians are still socially and democratically underdeveloped, they are still democratically immature even though they crave and yell democracy every day, they don't know their point A to point B in the grand scheme of things in Nigeria and their own environment and their useless and incompetent governors are in the same boat.

After all this long writing, if we ask you now if Nigeria is ready for state police, won’t you still say no?

Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 10, 2021
Coldshisha:
He spoke in English, we all watched the video, so why are they trying hard to twist his words

"Chased back" indeed

Even if he did chased them back and also said so, he has the right. What are the Governors doing? They are the same with the masses always calling on one office for every challenge main while we have offices for these tasks.

There is no power- we have a power minister
There is bad road- we have a transport minister
The currency is bad- the CBN governor is there
City planning, Homes&office building, security... everything has a designated administrator.

The day Nigerians learn to hold them accountable and stop the unnecessary mystifying of the office of the President, those guys will feel the heat and start doing their job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by nairavsdollars(f): 9:24pm On Jun 10, 2021
Akeredolu and Dapo Abiodun

5 Likes

Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by plaindealer: 9:26pm On Jun 10, 2021
VaselineCrew:

After all this long writing, if we ask you now if Nigeria is ready for state police, won’t you still say no?

Lol

I actually want state police.

Kind of ignorant of you to determine what I want or don't want, always speak for yourself and stop prejudging other people..

2 Likes

Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by VaselineCrew: 9:27pm On Jun 10, 2021
plaindealer:

I actually want state police.

Kind of ignorant of you to determine what I want or don't want, always speak for yourself and stop prejudging other people..

Fair enough

Sorry I thought you were a full zombie, my bad

2 Likes

Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by updatechange(m): 9:30pm On Jun 10, 2021
He is one of them has confirmed by him himself
Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by Tonim(f): 9:45pm On Jun 10, 2021
The Governors do not control the police, the army/military, the DSS etc. The federal government does.

Buhari knows this!

Even the regional security outfits such as Amotekun, cannot procure military grade weapons, artilery, surveillance
devices like helicopters, drones etc like the police, military, dss.

Security wise, the Governors are virtually at the mercy of the federal government the way Nigeria
is currently structured.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by plaindealer: 9:45pm On Jun 10, 2021
VaselineCrew:

Fair enough

Unfortunately for you, I was not surprised because such comments are synonymous with full-blown IPOB ZOMBIE because ipob mentality is always an upside-down mentality.

1 Like

Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by adebwalex(m): 9:46pm On Jun 10, 2021
plaindealer:

Here is the problem...

You have spoken the truth.. When will people started holding the governor of their state responsible Every thing na the FG. Electing Chairman,counselors they won't but putting in caretakers. This is what should be resisted by the people of the state. But we are all mute and quick to fight Government from ASO Rock.
Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by Monogamy: 9:47pm On Jun 10, 2021
“But I told them, you campaigned to be elected and you were elected. So, I said go back and sort yourselves.

That was why Asaba declaration was made... No open grazing in Southern Nigeria.. EOD
Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by Monogamy: 9:50pm On Jun 10, 2021
Tonim:
The Governors do not control the police, the army/military, the DSS etc. The federal government does.

Buhari knows this!

Even the regional security outfits such as Amotekun, cannot procure military grade weapons, artilery, surveillance
devices like helicopters, drones etc like the police, military, dss.

Security wise, the Governors are virtually at the mercy of the federal government the way Nigeria
is currently structured.

Apart from herdsmen, what have the governors done about other criminal activities like Ritualists, Kidnappers, Armed Robbers? undecided
Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by RZArecta(m): 9:53pm On Jun 10, 2021
Yeye fowl cool
Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by Tonim(f): 10:02pm On Jun 10, 2021
Monogamy:

Apart from herdsmen, what have the governors done about other criminal activities like Ritualists, Kidnappers, Armed Robbers? undecided

The way Nigeria is structured, those who carry sophisticated weapons, artillery, surveillance etc report to the federal
Government.

A governor can make all the noise in the world and strategize, it really doesn’t matter because state police commissioner,
Military formations in a state all report to the federal government.

If the President says no, the uniformed personnel obey him and tosses away what a governor has to say.

This is why the southern governors made the Asaba declaration.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by Tinubuadvocate: 10:10pm On Jun 10, 2021
I just don't understand the same interview I watched live.
Coldshisha:

"Chased back" indeed
Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by Rahkman: 10:35pm On Jun 10, 2021
VaselineCrew:

Fair enough

na wa oo grin
Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by FarahAideed: 11:05pm On Jun 10, 2021
plaindealer:

Here is the problem...

Can any Governor control any single police commissioner?
Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by LikeAking: 11:14pm On Jun 10, 2021
My President, Posses.

Governors, Posses.

Senators, posses.

Citizens, Posses.
Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by Elliot2(m): 11:20pm On Jun 10, 2021
plaindealer:

Here is the problem...

Re: How I Turned Back Two South West Governors Who Came To Me by History555: 11:35pm On Jun 10, 2021
if ortom were to establish vigilante group of thousands of armed men to go after fulani herdsmen invading villages. The same buhari who is telling govs to solve their security challenge will deploy the military to fight the gov and his vigilante.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is How Peter Obi Can Win 2023 Election / APC Is Going Nowhere. Hakeem Baba Ahmed To Keyamo For Insulting NEF / Video:between Peter Obi And Bola Ahmed Tinubu In Oyo State Street Election Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.