Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:51 PM

Cbn’s Forex Restriction On Sugar, Wheat Will Boost Local Production – Farmcrowdy - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Cbn’s Forex Restriction On Sugar, Wheat Will Boost Local Production – Farmcrowdy (142 Views)

School Feeding Pupils Biometric Data Will Boost Enrolment In Nigeria - Minister / Kerry To Commence Local Production In Nigeria, Partners With Cormart / I Can't Remove Restriction On My Bank Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cbn’s Forex Restriction On Sugar, Wheat Will Boost Local Production – Farmcrowdy by BizWatch: 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2021
he Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in April announced its decision to restrict access to foreign exchange for sugar and wheat importers. The co-founder and Chief Risk Officer of Farmcrowdy, Mr. Akidele Phillips stated in an exclusive interview with BizWatch Nigeria that the apex bank’s decision would boost local production.

Nigeria spends $600m to $1bn importing sugar yearly.

Reacting to the development, Mr. Akindele noted that, “Usually, when similar tax policies are put in place, it is to encourage production within the country. At the policy level, some of the ways to encourage local production or discourage importation is when a restriction is imposed or the import duty is raised.

“So, what I see is, because I am not in government, I am looking at the good side to this kind of policy. What is going to happen is, it is going to encourage local production. So even, if scarcity arises at the initial moment, the farmers that can actually produce these commodities are encouraged to do so to warm more revenue.“
Read More: https://bizwatchnigeria.ng/exclusive-cbns-forex-restriction-on-sugar-wheat-will-boost-local-production-farmcrowdy-co-founder/

(1) (Reply)

We Ready To Have Open Discussion With Nigerian Govt - Twitter / “make” A Premium-quality Life / Know The Reasons To Choose A 20 Litre Drum Pump For Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.