Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,372 members, 7,958,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:14 AM

Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban (12248 Views)

Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same / APC: Outcome Of Food Blockage Shows North, South Need Each Other / INEC: Lawan Reacts To Alleged N2bn Bribe For Yakubu's Reappointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by dennisworld1(m): 4:20pm On Jun 11, 2021
They should register and pay Tax jare. Simple. They need us more than we need them thanks to Lai
Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by hotseat: 4:24pm On Jun 11, 2021
Of what use is the opinion of this rubber stamp SINate President?

If the useless Senate was up and alive to its responsibilities of acting as a check and balance of the presidency, the Dumbo-in-Chief wouldn't get away with most of his excesses.

Donald Trump was suspended and eventually barred from operating Twitter in its country of origin, yet heaven did not fall.

How I wish Twitter is an indigenous outfit only God knows what would have happened. Bubu for just Jackie Chan Jack!
Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by MemoriesAndMe: 4:34pm On Jun 11, 2021
Petersamuel8:
In as much as I am against the ban on twitter, I still think twitter needs Nigeria more, who wouldn't want to operate in Africa's largest market?
What does Twitter gain from Nigeria? Twitter deals in dollars, have you looked at the exchange rate lately? How many people in Nigeria can afford to advertise on Twitter?

Even the nigerian banks, businesses,, government agencies, individuals from Nigeria only use it as a free service, have have you heard anyone said they paid a certain amount to Twitter from Nigeria, except may be a handful of small business owners that can afford to advertise on Twitter.

Thats a parasitic relationship to me, so Nigerians need Twitter, and Twitter can care less and focus on countries that contribute to its revenue, which Nigeria doesn't even exist in the top 100 countries Twitter earns from.

Yet, Nigerian politicians in their wildest dreams is mandating Twitter to register in Nigeria. I know Twitter is just laughing at the conditions the cabal came up with because it does not make any sense coming from a country like Nigeria that many sites around the world have blocked traffic from.
Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by Petersamuel8(m): 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2021
MemoriesAndMe:

What does Twitter gain from Nigeria? Twitter deals in dollars, have you looked at the exchange rate lately? How many people in Nigeria can afford to advertise on Twitter?

Even the nigerian banks, businesses,, government agencies, individuals from Nigeria only use it as a free service, have have you heard anyone said they paid a certain amount to Twitter from Nigeria, except may be a handful of small business owners that can afford to advertise on Twitter.

Thats a parasitic relationship to me, so Nigerians need Twitter, and Twitter can care less and focus on countries that contribute to its revenue, which Nigeria doesn't even exist in the top 100 countries Twitter earns from.

Yet, Nigerian politicians in their wildest dreams is mandating Twitter to register in Nigeria. I know Twitter is just laughing at the conditions the cabal came up with because it does not make any sense coming from a country like Nigeria that many sites around the world have blocked traffic from.
Which ever way you put it you can't tell me that twitter doesn't earn a dime in Nigeria, common there largest market in the continent is Nigeria, even when they opened there HQs in Ghana they made it so clear that the Nigerian market is there target. I will agree with you that they definitely won't earn that much in the country due to poor government policies, but what of there audience? Don't you think leaving Nigeria will make there rivals stronger? Or you don't know they are competing with Facebook, WhatsApp, Tik Tik etc? Which ever were you put it, there is only 1 Nigeria and there are several social networking platforms, government will simply change there mode of communication.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by rhektor(m): 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2021
[s][/s]
FalseProphet1:
Buhari banned twitter because he doesn't know what it's all about, the northerners are in support of his (Buhari) action because they're ignorant and have refused to accept that fact that we're in the tech age, a portion of the south are in support of the ban, not because they're ignorant like their illiterate northern counterparts, but because they've sold their conscience for crumbs of bread.

This I have seen.
[s][/s]

FALSEpROPHET
Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by MemoriesAndMe: 5:01pm On Jun 11, 2021
Petersamuel8:

Which ever way you put it you can't tell me that twitter doesn't earn a dime in Nigeria, common there largest market in the continent is Nigeria, even when they opened there HQs in Ghana they made it so clear that the Nigerian market is there target. I will agree with you that they definitely won't earn that much in the country due to poor government policies, but what of there audience? Don't you think leaving Nigeria will make there rivals stronger? Or you don't know they are competing with Facebook, WhatsApp, Tik Tik etc? Which ever were you put it, there is only 1 Nigeria and there are several social networking platforms, government will simply change there mode of communication.
You are very correct, they need the audience from the most populous black nation like their competitors will definitely crave for, but they definitely will want to compare their risks to their rewards in their books, so the condition FG is giving them makes no sense.

Take whatshap for example, it falls under OTT that Nigerian government in mandating to register in Nigeria, and by extension wants to take a piece of their profit. Have you seen anyone pay for using whatshap in Nigeria?
No. Everyone calls and chats on it for free, so its more like the owners are doing Nigerians a favor by letting them use their services for free, just like we all use Nairaland for free without caring how the owner manages to keep it working.

So for the government to try to regulate them in Nigeria is like a thirsty man telling someone with a jar of water to bow to him first before he can drink some of his water. If he's really thirst, he begs for the water, not act like he's entitled to it.

The extra counts from having the Nigerian population in its stats is great, but when that piece of the stat starts to become a thorn in the flesh, they'll just accept the loss and promote themselves in more welcoming markets.

I doubt if Twitter will even lose any sleep over the Nigeria ban. They have nothing in Nigeria, no offices, no employees, no infrastructure, nothing. Yet the government wants them to register and gulp some overhead they didn't plan for nor need. It won't work.
Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by NECO1998: 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2021
Twitter no get una time.
Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by seunayantokun(m): 5:43pm On Jun 11, 2021
All the enemy needs in a democracy is get positions of people's representatives filled with compromised greedy politicians. Then you will see a tyrannical brutal autocrat (chief executive terrorist) ruling a country. There is no democracy in Nigeria: the one being nursed has been killed by Buhari. The national assembly has been occupied by enemies of our land, and while blood continues to flow, they are playing politics in support of evil. The future looks bleak with the dishonest way senate president and speaker of reps are speaking. However, God who made us all remains on the throne. After Hitler, there is a peaceful Europe, though lives were lost. It is unfortunate lives are being lost everyday in Nigeria but there is a daybreak coming which God in His infinite mercy shall hasten, and the current chief executive terrorists and their supporters in whatever capacity shall not be part of it in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maduka And The Unfinished Business With Agu Awka / Lagos Set To Increase Trips On Electrified Blue Line / Trump poses with Biafra letter Pics IGBERETV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.