Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself (14568 Views)

Six Important Ways To Please God / Six Important Ways You Can Obtain Mercy From God / Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by Enn214(m): 9:30am On Jun 27, 2021
Akube1z:
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Here are Six ways to love your neighbor as yourself

1) By receiving Jesus Christ into your life (hope), receiving the Holy Ghost (Righteousness) and seeking above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2) By loving your enemies, forgiving and embracing peace with your neighbor.

3) By showing mercy and care to your neighbor.

4) By giving as charity to your neighbor, friends, poor & needy.

5) By shunning evil to do good and attaining righteousness.

6) By saving a sinner's soul from death, by converting him to Christ, preaching the gospel of hope and walking as Christ walked.

No2 get comma... U better avoid them for your safety..which kyne love
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by ofiko123(m): 9:47am On Jun 27, 2021
It is good to love our neighbour as our self because God commands it...

2 Likes

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by nairalee(m): 10:06am On Jun 27, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
It's easy to say things in religion than doing them.

Let me state one true fact here that you can disagree with as much as you can but it's true. YOU CANNOT LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF. ITS IMPOSSIBLE. you can love them as much as you can but never as much as yourself. you can deceive yourself into thinking you love them as much as yourself but you know deep down you don't

I burst laugh when I saw this. It's actually true. If u love your neighbor as yourself you'll literally run into penury
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 27, 2021
Neighbors that does nothing other than to gossip you.. It's only only ok to be nice to them and mind your own business, simple
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by phemmyfour: 10:13am On Jun 27, 2021
Akube1z:
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Here are Six ways to love your neighbor as yourself

1) [s]By receiving Jesus Christ into your life (hope), receiving the Holy Ghost (Righteousness) and seeking above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
[/s]

2) By loving your enemies, forgiving and embracing peace with your neighbor.

3) By showing mercy and care to your neighbor.

4) By giving as charity to your neighbor, friends, poor & needy.

5) By shunning evil to do good and attaining righteousness.

6) By saving a sinner's soul from death, by converting him to Christ, preaching the gospel of hope and walking as Christ walked.
no1 has nothing to do with neighbors
That's a personal relationship with you and God
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by phemmyfour: 10:15am On Jun 27, 2021
nairalee:

I burst laugh when I saw this. It's actually true. If u love your neighbor as yourself you'll literally run into penury
You won't
Remember the key word "as your self".

Not more/less than yourself

1 Like

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by nairalee(m): 10:45am On Jun 27, 2021
phemmyfour:
You won't
Remember the key word "as your self".

Not more/less than yourself

I totally will. If only myself is making me broke, imagine adding someone else. Ooops not just someone else but my entire neighbours. See I go broke pieces
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by phemmyfour: 10:51am On Jun 27, 2021
nairalee:

I totally will. If only myself is making me broke, imagine adding someone else. Ooops not just someone else but my entire neighbours. See I go broke pieces
You are not getting the point.

If you're hungry, you have no biz feeding someone that's hungry while you maintain a hungry state. That's means you ve loved your neighbor more than yourself
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by Sheunma: 11:08am On Jun 27, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

Let me state one true fact here that you can disagree with as much as you can but it's true. YOU CANNOT LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF. ITS IMPOSSIBLE. you can love them as much as you can but never as much as yourself. you can deceive yourself into thinking you love them as much as yourself but you know deep down you don't
You can say that again. Some text even go as far as loving ones enemies. How is that even possible? You serve a supposedly ' jealous God', who loves you, but also demands absolute obedience and worship or burn and you somehow perceived this sorta love to be unconditional?! There's no unconditional love anywhere!
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by Ikpunekenwa(m): 11:18am On Jun 27, 2021
mrkings84:
You can't love some neighbors, infact some neighbors are very different to live with in same compound.

There's this lady I met in the compound where I newly packed in, on my right y she is my nearest neighbor.
This lady is so mean. For instance, she doesn't answer greetings, even when she manage to answer, u won't even hear her. The worst is she will never greet first.

How does someone come back from an outing, meet fellow tenants (not one person that I may say she has something against that person), she will just walk pass....

Me I have decided to take her as one who doesn't exist.

You must be a troublemaker grin
I have same kind of neighbor but whether she answers or not, I keep greeting her cos I feel embarrassed when I don't greet people especially if you are someone I may be seeing often.
Other tenants already know her attitude and stopped greeting her but I can't find a way to stop.

1 Like

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by SeriouslySense(m): 11:51am On Jun 27, 2021
thats highly true.

MadamVanessa:
Loving your neighbor as yourself is one of rare virtues seen among christians today. Infact christians don't care , all what they know is to go to church every Sundays, to showcase their new clothes and shoes .

Last week, i went to a super market to get some provision. There was this man from winners chapel that was preaching to a young man, i picked interest in what the man was preaching, i relaxed inside my car and listened to him. When he finished preaching, the young man asked him for help, that he was very hungry he should help him with anything or he should buy a bread for him in the super market. Imagine what the so called preacher answered the boy, that he can't give anything to unrighteous person, untill he comes to his church and give his life to Christ, then he can asked him anything. Tell me the different between this church and occult fraternity. So until i come to your church before you deem it fit to help me....lol

I don't know if this the type of teaching winners chapel teaches. But i wouldn't want to believe it. If it's not, then there people who are hell bent in spoiling the church name.

I just came out of my car and told the young man that there's no need of him listening to this type of a preacher. Very uselessss evangelist from winners chapel.

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:55am On Jun 27, 2021
Thank you, Jesus.

❤❤❤❤
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by Funkybabee(f): 12:30pm On Jun 27, 2021
MadamVanessa:
Loving your neighbor as yourself is one of rare virtues seen among christians today. Infact christians don't care , all what they know is to go to church every Sundays, to showcase their new clothes and shoes .

Last week, i went to a super market to get some provision. There was this man from winners chapel that was preaching to a young man, i picked interest in what the man was preaching, i relaxed inside my car and listened to him. When he finished preaching, the young man asked him for help, that he was very hungry he should help him with anything or he should buy a bread for him in the super market. Imagine what the so called preacher answered the boy, that he can't give anything to unrighteous person, untill he comes to his church and give his life to Christ, then he can asked him anything. Tell me the different between this church and occult fraternity. So until i come to your church before you deem it fit to help me....lol

I don't know if this the type of teaching winners chapel teaches. But i wouldn't want to believe it. If it's not, then there people who are hell bent in spoiling the church name.

I just came out of my car and told the young man that there's no need of him listening to this type of a preacher. Very uselessss evangelist from winners chapel.

Lies from the pit of hell, no winners will respond with that ur manipulative word

Lies bring d00m

U better be careful, we shall stand @gainst you and bring you to j✓dgement if ur aim is to bring down the church

God will s!lent ur v0ice
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by nairalee(m): 12:38pm On Jun 27, 2021
phemmyfour:
You are not getting the point.

If you're hungry, you have no biz feeding someone that's hungry while you maintain a hungry state. That's means you ve loved your neighbor more than yourself

I understand that part. My own part that you're not understanding is if I buy one car for myself I cannot buy a second car if I have any neighbor that doesn't have a car.
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by phemmyfour: 12:54pm On Jun 27, 2021
nairalee:

I understand that part. My own part that you're not understanding is if I buy one car for myself I cannot buy a second car if I have any neighbor that doesn't have a car.
Car is luxury not basic needs.

Mt25:35

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.

If you have a car, you can give your neighbor a lift if you're going his way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by ApostlePaul14: 1:07pm On Jun 27, 2021
Some people still don't understand this Bible quotation, Love your neighbor as you love yourself means u have to love(treat) your neighbor as you love(treat) yourself which means you have to love yourself first before you love your neighbor. Some people don't even love themselves. You don't wear good clothes/shoes, u don't wear nice(good) roll-on, deodorant/perfumes, u don't eat good food, your environment is dirty, how will such person love his/her neighbour?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by nairalee(m): 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2021
phemmyfour:
Car is luxury not basic needs.

Mt25:35

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.

If you have a car, you can give your neighbor a lift if you're going his way.

You're now giving it your own criteria. Jesus didn't say "love your neighbor in basic needs"
He said love your neighbor as yourself. Period. You don't only express love for yourself by satisfying your needs. U also express it by satisfying your wants
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by phemmyfour: 1:18pm On Jun 27, 2021
nairalee:

You're now giving it your own criteria. Jesus didn't say "love your neighbor in basic needs"
He said love your neighbor as yourself. Period. You don't only express love for yourself by satisfying your needs. U also express it by satisfying your wants
I gave you a scripture cos I know you will think like that. If you're scriptures savvy you ll understand how not to quote a verse in the scripture out of context is important
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by MightySparrow: 1:26pm On Jun 27, 2021
Good piece, some here on Nairaland will tell you only in their organisation is love found.

Let love lead because God is love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by kodded(m): 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

Thank you. That is why you need the holy spirit. smiley

1 Like

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by kodded(m): 1:44pm On Jun 27, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

Love is an action word, so when Jesus said Love your neighbor as yourself, He means same way we wish only good things to happen to us is the same way we should wish ONLY GOOD for our neighbors (freinds and foe). But sadly most Christians today dont read about this passage since it has nothing to do with making money or receiving blessing.

Trust me it works, you can easily love your neighbors (freinds and foes) as yourself same way Christ loved us and died for our sins eventho we didn't deserve this type of love.

All you have to do is to accept Christ into your life and the spirit of love will flow through you smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by hopefulLandlord: 1:52pm On Jun 27, 2021
kodded:

Love is an action word, so when Jesus said Love your neighbor as yourself, He means same way we wish only good things to happen to us is the same way we should wish ONLY GOOD for our neighbors (freinds and foe). But sadly most Christians today dont read about this passage since it has nothing to do with making money or receiving blessing.

Trust me it works, you can easily love your neighbors (freinds and foes) as yourself same way Christ loved us and died for our sins eventho we didn't deserve this type of love.

All you have to do is to accept Christ into your life and the spirit of love will flow through you smiley

Of course. wishing for good things is very easy, wishing for anything can be done by anyone anywhere which makes your explanation lack sense. if all it takes to love myself is wishing then good
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by kodded(m): 2:49pm On Jun 27, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

Of course. wishing for good things is very easy, wishing for anything can be done by anyone anywhere which makes your explanation lack sense. if all it takes to love myself is wishing then good
Hahaha as usaual atheist will never reason with an open mind

Well you can chose to read what I wrote up side down, it's actually none of my business, but let me ask you, if your child wished you harm, does it mean that your child hate or loves you ?
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by blazepascal(m): 3:20pm On Jun 27, 2021
MadamVanessa:

end time preacher
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by blazepascal(m): 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2021
My neighbours are good people I'll all keep on loving them more and more.
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by Gjmff: 3:26pm On Jun 27, 2021
Don’t hurt yourself
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by mrkings84(m): 7:23pm On Jun 27, 2021
Ikpunekenwa:

You must be a troublemaker grin
I have same kind of neighbor but whether she answers or not, I keep greeting her cos I feel embarrassed when I don't greet people especially if you are someone I may be seeing often.
Other tenants already know her attitude and stopped greeting her but I can't find a way to stop.

To be frank I am like you, i don't know how to stay with a person and no greet them, have never been in such situation B4 all my life, but u see this lady, she is too mean for my liking.

But shall, I do greet her seldomly, maybe once in 10 seeings just to prove to her that I can never be like her
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by Ikpunekenwa(m): 7:44pm On Jun 27, 2021
mrkings84:

To be frank I am like you, i don't know how to stay with a person and no greet them, have never been in such situation B4 all my life, but u see this lady, she is too mean for my liking.

But shall, I do greet her seldomly, maybe once in 10 seeings just to prove to her that I can never be like her

Better oo, it is good that way at least if she has any bad intentions where you are, it will backfire because your hands are clean.
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by mrkings84(m): 7:53pm On Jun 27, 2021
Ikpunekenwa:

Better oo, it is good that way at least if she has any bad intentions where you are, it will backfire because your hands are clean.

Exactly bro... As a Christian, no harboring of hatred or keeping malice toward anyone, but that doesn't mean one will turn a fool for some retards!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze: Religion Has Killed More People In The Last 500 Years / 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God / Dolly Parton & Dionne Warwick Team Up For New Gospel Song 'Peace Like A River'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.