Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) (2005 Views)

Fasheun, Adams, Dokubo Others Threaten To Sue NNPC Over Contract Termination / Egbesu Militants Give Muslims In Niger-Delta 7-Days To Leave / Egbesu Fraternity Claim Responsibility For Sapele Bombing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by jason123: 2:12pm On May 04, 2011
By Abdulwahab Abdulah
The Supreme Egbesu Assembly, SEA, in collaborations with five ethnic nationality groups yesterday warned those behind the killings in the Northern part of the country to put a stop to it or face the music forthwith.

At a world press briefing in Lagos by the leader of SEA, Sgt. Werinipre Noel Digifa in company of the Oodua Peoples Congress, OPC, founder, Dr Frederick Fasehun; Igbo Youth Congress, IYC, Bright Ezeocha; Yoruba Human Rights Research Centre, Sola Olatunde; Federation for Yoruba Consciousness and Culture, FYCC, and the Oodua Liberation Movement, Sunday Akinnusi, the groups said unless the Federal Government do something urgent to stop the killings and destruction of property that trailed the announcement of the presidential election, there might be counter reactions from their followers.

To this end, they gave six conditions for immediate implementation by the government to restore their confidence about the unity of Nigeria.

Egbesu leader, who said his group hardly make public their decision over national issues, said recent events in the country forced them to organised the media briefing to let Nigerians know that they are no more ready to tolerate any killings of their people in any part of the country.

They demanded that “President Goodluck Jonathan and the National Assembly must act speedily to halt the killings in the core North and those behind the carnage, high or low, rich or poor, must be brought to justice and full weight of the law hammered on them.”

They called on General Mohammed Buhari and Ibrahim Babangida to “apologise to the country and the families of those killed during the mayhem through the active conduct of their supporters in Northern parts of the country.”

Also, they called on the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’d Abubakar to bring his religious and moral authority to bear on the people of the region to abate the ongoing killings in the part of the country.

Apart from this, they urged the security agents to work together as a team to stem the tide of violence, or else the country is at the brink of disintegration.

“It added, we assure that the Ijaw people will assert its self-determination as stipulated by Article 27 of the United Nations Congress, by defending itself if nothing tangible is done.

The Egbesu leader said he was aware of “desperate moves by the pro-Taliban forces to set Nigeria ablaze and pull the trigger for turmoil. They are anxious to do this for one thing- they cannot live under the reality that a South-South indigene is now president of Nigeria. On this note, we warn very strongly, that the Ijaw people, in collaboration with other progressive nationalities, will resist any attempt being made to destabilise the current democratic experience.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/post-election-violence-egbesu-opc-others-threaten-reprisal-if/
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by jason123: 2:13pm On May 04, 2011
The genesis of southern unity. I just hope the Igbos and Yorubas will not shuttle it as usual.
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by Chyz2: 2:14pm On May 04, 2011
Talk is cheap.
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by jason123: 2:40pm On May 04, 2011
Chyz*:

Talk is cheap.
Thought Ijaws mean what they say,no?
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by EzeUche2(m): 2:42pm On May 04, 2011
If Ijaws have to lead the way, then so be it. I am starting to love these people even more.
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by Chyz2: 2:45pm On May 04, 2011
jason123:

Thought Ijaws mean what they say,no?

Says yorubas and Igbos included doesn't it? undecided
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by alex101(m): 3:22pm On May 04, 2011
Ha ha ha! grin I de laugh o!

Any "military alliance" that involves the yorubas is as worthless as a toilet paper embarassed If you doubt me, go ask Ribadu and Buhari cool
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by seanet02: 3:29pm On May 04, 2011
alex101:

Ha ha ha!  grin I de laugh o!

Any "military alliance" that involves the yorubas is as worthless as a toilet paper embarassed If you doubt me, go ask Ribadu and Buhari cool
Yes you know lie like the Alliance that Hausas sought and gained during biafra war that got millions of Ibo crushed like cassava peels. I few laugh in biafra massacre language.
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by chino11(m): 3:32pm On May 04, 2011
Yorubas are big time cowards lol
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by Desola(f): 3:38pm On May 04, 2011
This is laughable

Yoruba? Ibo? In an alliance? MUAHAHA,

They better ask for proof of IDs, cause I'm sure that those alleged Yorubas are AJOKUTA MAMUMI's.

Okoro feeling funky. grin
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by hakanai(m): 3:39pm On May 04, 2011
Ok o! when do we start the war proper  undecided
We better start serious camp training in case to avoid any attack from the south o! For me it is regrettable.I believe that this has happened and no life is more important than another.But continued treats would not force the hand of the Government to take irrational decisions like how some people keep jumping on the of sentiments driven reasons.
Like Eminem would say "i just said it ,i didn't know you do it or not". Every man should be caught for his actions.The perpetrators should be caught and punished and that is my honest view.I still feel for there families.Only and Only if Buhari has a direct connection to the attacks not just campaign rethorics we all use everyday whilst in his own case he is judged specially based on sentiments
While i would say an attack on any of my kinsmen in the name of revenage attack would only make my people act in same way.Because i know they never joined and never cared but such actions the southern militias treaten or may act upon may escalate the situation.I am neutral for now but if my people call upon me in such situation it will be wise to answer.
Don't be fooled to think one man in partial control of a complex country like Nigeria can gurantee you rights to violate others right to live.Because i think the motivating factor is that you own the country now but, i tell you anyday anytime the challenage comes its also a right to live and defend yourself.
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by chino11(m): 3:40pm On May 04, 2011
seanet02:

Yes you know lie like the Alliance that Hausas sought and gained during biafra war that got millions of Ibo crushed like cassava peels. I few laugh in biafra massacre language.

lol  at the hearing of the gun shot any yorobaman could excrete in his pants. So for your knowledge if the north had banked on Yorubas to fight the civil war they could have defeated by Biafra 10x more. The people that staked their lives for the Biafran/Nigerian civil were SE and middle-belt, they were the two regions that fought the was on behalf of Biafra and Nigeria. Any yorobaman whether a military man or a civilian is a coward any time any day.  Rascal Yorubas lol
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by Desola(f): 3:43pm On May 04, 2011
This time, they would have variety on the menu. They would not only make them into 'shish kebab', they would be offering them as 'shawarmas' and infact sell them the meat in Aba!

MUAHAHA,

Okoro feeling funky
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by seanet02: 3:45pm On May 04, 2011
chino11:

lol  at the hearing of the gun shot any yorobaman could excrete in his pants. So for your knowledge if the north had banked on Yorubas to fight the civil war they could have defeated by Biafra 10x more. The people that staked their lives for the Biafran/Nigerian civil were SE and middle-belt, they were the two regions that fought the was on behalf of Biafra and Nigeria. Any yorobaman whether a military man or a civilian is a coward any time any day.  Rascal Yorubas lol
Olodo biafra surrendered the instrument of surrender to OBJ. Mu he he
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by Desola(f): 3:50pm On May 04, 2011
@chino,

You are right ojare!

I mean, who wan die when there is life to be lived. Why should we fight when we have th cocky, wide chested Ibo man to take the bullet and be the fall guy?

Nna boi, plenty owambes for Yorubas if you are able to secede o. Na brain war we dey do, not gun war. We are too important to die ojare. grin grin
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by Chyz2: 3:54pm On May 04, 2011
Yoruba man go dress up like chinese man and run from hausa when time time comes and say he no be Yoruba man. grin
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by seanet02: 4:09pm On May 04, 2011
A desperate Colonel Agadia relays a desperate message to Ojukwu, "situation for this sector definitely out of hand if not hopeless, Not a single bit of brain do ibos have why Yorubas get more intellectuals than France our backer, we know you are too dumb to turn the table for us so we have decided to be a slave to Yoruba man than you Vegetable in London" mu he he
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by tyrant11: 4:13pm On May 04, 2011
Chyz*:

Yoruba man go dress up like chinese man and run from hausa when time time comes and say he no be Yoruba man. grin

the same way opc ran away from hausa or ijaws right.
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by EzeUche2(m): 4:15pm On May 04, 2011
Well there is widespread consensus in Nigeria that many consider the Yoruba cowards.

Many Igbos, Ijaws and Hausa consider them as cowards.

People who move in the direction the wind blows. It is very sad.  cry
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by Chyz2: 4:15pm On May 04, 2011
tyrant11:

the same way opc ran away from hausa or ijaws right.

Yep and even in your own land. Oh and the Ijaws kicked yall behinds in Ajengule.Don't even bring them up,lol. grin.It's a shame. embarassed lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by tyrant11: 4:23pm On May 04, 2011
Chyz*:

Yep and even in your own land. Oh and the Ijaws kicked yall behinds in Ajengule.Don't even bring them up,lol. grin.It's a shame. embarassed lipsrsealed cheesy

are u sure about that. why dont u go and ask the hausas wheter they won , why dont you go and ask the ijaws in ondo wheter the won.

is it not stupid igbos that ordinary small hausa boy dey turn into suya meat for north . why dont u fight there.

but okay. make we see what will happen. when war breaks out again. if u think u can take over lagos, we go see who is bigger and stronger, hausa or yoruba man.
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by Chyz2: 4:32pm On May 04, 2011
tyrant11:

are u sure about that. why dont u go and ask the hausas wheter they won , why dont you go and ask the ijaws in ondo wheter the won.

is it not silly igbos that ordinary small hausa boy dey turn into suya meat for north . why dont u fight there.

but okay. make we see what will happen. when war breaks out again. if u think u can take over lagos, we go see who is bigger and stronger, hausa or yoruba man.

Never said the Hausas won,but clearly if they were in equal amount it would have been another story. All of you you(yoruba) would have turned into maurice greene. As far the Ijaw, they sacked your Oba,set your homes on fire and made like 5 or more neighboring villages run helta skelta like chickens with their heads cut off. I can gladly resurrect the thread if you'd like. I am the one who posted it. grin

And why would you want war in lagos. undecided
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by tyrant11: 4:43pm On May 04, 2011
Chyz*:

Never said the Hausas won,but clearly if they were in equal amount it would have been another story. All of you you(yoruba) would have turned into maurice greene. As far the Ijaw, they sacked your Oba,set your homes on fire and made like 5 or more neighboring villages run helta skelta like chickens with their heads cut off. I can gladly resurrect the thread if you'd like. I am the one who posted it. grin

And why would you want war in lagos. undecided

buhahhaha. is the average hausa bigger than the average yoruba i think not.

as for the ijaws , dont u think its cowardly to arm urselves with machine guns and attack villagers that have nothing to defend themselves with.

its funny the people that attack yorubas always come heavily armed , why dont u drop your weapons and attack us one on one with your hands. lets see who the real coward is.

but no u will never do that.

i guess the only solution is for yorubas to arm themselves and attack your bleeping vilages and shops. then we will see if you will run or not.
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by chino11(m): 4:43pm On May 04, 2011
Buhari either killed or lockedup Yorubas in their numbers. IBB came and massacred Yorubas most of whom are pressmen and you did not do anything. The lovely Abacha lol came and slaughtered almost entire SW and subsequently the north killed abiola in cold blood inside the prison yet you didnt raise an eye-brow. Now GEJ who came just yesterday has start calling you guys RASCALS, no action from the SW instead tinubu sold out Yorubas, Ribadu and Buhari to give GEJ the SW votes. Just the other day corpers of western Nigeria origin were massacred in the north, what you guys were saying was that is just few corpers. Infact some Yorubas were even denying that they didn't loose a soul .lol. But when the statistics was concluded it was found out that 70% of the corpers killed are all from western nigeria (Yorubas). Imagine ordinary almajiri killing an 'educated' yorobaman, with all the 'money' spent to train him or her. Its not funny. I wonder when you guys should start doing something to save your generation. Very soon almajiri your brothers will either kill the rest of or pursue you guys into the ocean. I wonder when you guys will grow up??
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by aljharem3: 6:31pm On May 04, 2011
haka_nai:

Ok o! when do we start the war proper  undecided
We better start serious camp training in case to avoid any attack from the south o! For me it is regrettable.I believe that this has happened and no life is more important than another.But continued treats would not force the hand of the Government to take irrational decisions like how some people keep jumping on the of sentiments driven reasons.
Like Eminem would say "i just said it ,i didn't know you do it or not". Every man should be caught for his actions.The perpetrators should be caught and punished and that is my honest view.I still feel for there families.Only and Only if Buhari has a direct connection to the attacks not just campaign rethorics we all use everyday whilst in his own case he is judged specially based on sentiments
While i would say an attack on any of my kinsmen in the name of revenage attack would only make my people act in same way.Because i know they never joined and never cared but such actions the southern militias treaten or may act upon may escalate the situation.I am neutral for now but if my people call upon me in such situation it will be wise to answer.
Don't be fooled to think one man in partial control of a complex country like Nigeria can gurantee you rights to violate others right to live.Because i think the motivating factor is that you own the country now but, i tell you anyday anytime the challenage comes its also a right to live and defend yourself.

this people no get time for u my friend grin

they are on each others neck wink

trust me, we don't need to go to any war,.,.,.,.,., igbo, yoruba and ijaws will kill themselves by the time we get to kogi or kwara; the war would be over grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by Basseti: 6:35pm On May 04, 2011
alj_harem:

trust me, we don't need to go to any war,.,.,.,.,., igbo, yoruba and ijaws will kill themselves by the time we get to kogi or kwara; the war would be over grin grin grin

LOL!!!!
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by jason123: 6:40pm On May 04, 2011
alj_harem:

this people no get time for u my friend grin

they are on each others neck wink

ROMFL!!!! grin grin grin grin
. . . . . .SMH!!! sad angry cry
Re: Egbesu, Opc, Others Threaten Reprisal If…( Yoruba, Igbo And Ijaw Military Coop) by kodewrita(m): 8:19pm On May 04, 2011
All noise of racial superiority disappears at the first sound of the gun.

Being cultured and having innate sense of decorum is mistaken by the other (largely illiterate) people as a sign of weakness. Please note that Yorubas prefer to solve problems in the most legal or pseudo-legal manner before going all out. Pulling out a matchete every time someone insults you is not what you expect in this modern age.

Learn this.

Yes We Yorubas do blow with the wind. Why? Because thats the way to maintain power over the dumb ones like you.

When power was dependent on cultural identity, our art defined you people.
When a strong cavalry was needed to keep you guys in line, our Esos rode thousands of miles to defeat all manner of people.
Now that the weapons of the mind are all thats needed, our young flood the schools and gain the tools that will serve them well.

We sail with the wind and gain more power. Basic physics people.

Nigeria's improving and innovative companies are changing the landscape.

Who will be the skilled men and women to pilot this and reap the benefits?
which region has the huge intellectual critical mass and is most receptive to change?
All the major changes experienced in this country are tested in which region before deployment to the wider country?
Which region has the tolerance levels and the mental sophistication that an immigrant investor would appreciate enough to invest?
Which region has the most urban living conditions in sub-saharan africa?
If you would expect a mega city, in which region will you be most likely to find it?

Only One.

HATE ALL YOU WANT, we are just too classy for you.

Assess all the tribalism posts on NL. You guys come up with all manner of spurious and shaky titles or comments to inflame but YORUBAS USUALLY ANSWER YOU FROM A PERCH OF RELATIVE SUPERIORITY AND WITH MORE CALM AND MATURITY.

probably its because we subconsciously pity the fact that you are not just up to it and we would rather not join in kicking a dead horse. A man's life is hard enough selling fake items from sun-up to sun-down without having to come online to be crushed.

(1) (Reply)

ASUU To Call Off Strike Tomorrow - Hopefully / They Invented Niger Delta Or South South To Keep Nigeria As One becaus of biafra / SANUSI LAMIDO Sanusi:africa Must Get Real About Chinese Ties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.