Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

How Many People Still Pay Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Many People Still Pay Tithe (2232 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many People Still Pay Tithe by justrest(m): 4:25am On Jul 14, 2007
[b][/b] The reason why things are tight in peoples life today is because they dont pay tight.Tithe is 10% of your income going back to God.That means if you are earning 5000 naira,your tithe will be 500naira.How many people still give God his 10 percent.Did i hear you say his 10 percent.YES!His 10 percent.It belongs to him.According to Leviticus 27:30 it says
"And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the LORD's: it is holy unto the LORD"The tithe belongs to the lord.It is not yours.Stop eating that tithe.When you give him his tithe,he secures everything that concerns you.We rob God when we dont pay our tithe.Malachi 3:8,10 says "Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings and verse 10 says "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it".God opens doors of blessing for you when you give him your tithe.Alsos he will rebuke the devourer for your sake.That is he will not allow the devil to steal anything that belongs to you.Why do you think America is what is it today and will continue to prosper financially,it is simple.It is because America asĀ  COUNTRY PAYS TITHE to God.And they believe in it.No wonder it is one of the richest country in the world.So for those who have stoped paying tithe,go back to paying tithe and for those who have been faithful dont relent because your blessing is on the way.How can we reach the GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA TO START PAYING TITHE TO THE LORD.
Re: How Many People Still Pay Tithe by pilgrim1(f): 11:30pm On Aug 14, 2007
I give my tithes. But the Church should beging to understand the real issue about tithing is not all about 10%. That is only part of the issue - but it is not the gist of it.
Re: How Many People Still Pay Tithe by Seun(m): 11:43pm On Aug 14, 2007
Hmm, sister pilgrim.1, the worth 'tithe' means 'tenth' which is the same as 'ten percent'.
Re: How Many People Still Pay Tithe by pilgrim1(f): 11:58pm On Aug 14, 2007
Lol, Seun. . I don't disparage that. But what many people don't understand is that tithing is not merely 10% - it is MUCH MORE than that! The one we only see often times is to measure it as 10%. I'll share why this is not so in time to come. wink
Re: How Many People Still Pay Tithe by Seun(m): 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2007
I don't think it's wise to spend what should be your retirement money on the church so the pastor can buy more suits.
Re: How Many People Still Pay Tithe by TV01(m): 3:47pm On Aug 15, 2007
Seun:

Hmm, sister pilgrim.1, the worth 'tithe' means 'tenth' which is the same as 'ten percent'.

True!

pilgrim.1:

Lol, Seun. . I don't disparage that.

Don't you?

pilgrim.1:

But what many people don't understand is that tithing is not merely 10% - it is MUCH MORE than that!

It is or it isn't. If it's not 10%, it ceases to be a "tithe". So in effect you do disparage it!

pilgrim.1:

I'll share why this is not so in time to come. wink

Yeah, right!
Re: How Many People Still Pay Tithe by pilgrim1(f): 2:59am On Aug 16, 2007
Seun:

I don't think it's wise to spend what should be your retirement money on the church so the pastor can buy more suits.

@Seun,

You have a point - and indeed God did not ask anyone to spend retirement money on pastor's suits. The one that God invites us to do is what we should seek to understand. cheesy
Re: How Many People Still Pay Tithe by pilgrim1(f): 3:01am On Aug 16, 2007
TV01:

Don't you?

It is or it isn't. If it's not 10%, it ceases to be a "tithe". So in effect you do disparage it!

Yeah, right!

@TV01,

I've offered my one liner as simply and coherently as could be - and stated clearly that I don't disparage tithes. A public forum is not the best of places to display your inability to understand simple statements.

(1) (Reply)

Are Pentecostals Christians / Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? / Traditional Marriage And Church Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.