Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

June 12: Kwara Residents Obey Govt Directive, Shun Protests - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12: Kwara Residents Obey Govt Directive, Shun Protests (569 Views)

Breaking: Onitsha Is Back To Life As Residents Obey Their Governor / Sit-At-Home In Awka: Residents Obey Soludo (Photos) / Kwara Residents Digging Ground With Bare Hands To Get Drinking Water: Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

June 12: Kwara Residents Obey Govt Directive, Shun Protests by Officialhorlah(m): 12:49pm On Jun 12, 2021
The Democracy Day celebration on Saturday, June 12, has been peaceful in Ilorin, Kwara State capital.

DAILY POST reports that although security forces comprising soldiers, DSS, Police and members of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) manned strategic locations in the state capital, no major incidents were reported as witnessed in some parts of the country.

To complement efforts of other security agencies before, during and after the event, the state command of the NSCDC mobilized over 800 personnel ahead of the June 12 anniversary, according to its spokesman, Babawale Zaid Afolabi in Ilorin.

He said, “NSCDC, is also collaborating with other security agencies to secure security of lives and property on the heels of planned nationwide protest of agitators.”

Residents went about their lawful endeavours in Ilorin devoid of fear as commercial transporters operated without any hindrance.

Some shops did not open for business in the early part of the day, but others were observed transacting business with caution.

Reports from Lafiagi, Owu-Isin, Alapa, Oke-Oyi, Igbaja and Offa, among major towns of the state indicated that the June 12 anniversary was peaceful with people going about their lawful socioeconomic lives contrary to the fear entertained by residents of the state.

Protests were not carried out in all the towns mentioned according to statewide intelligence reports received by DAILY POST.

Our correspondent also reports that the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), Kwara State branch, kept its promise not to participate in the planned nationwide protest for Saturday.

Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, had on Friday commended NANS for suspending the nationwide protest earlier planned for June 12, describing the decision ” very patriotic and thoughtful.”

He said ” The decision of the students was laudable as it has taken the sail off the winds of any fifth columnists who may want to hijack the peaceful protest for their own agenda.”

Governor Abdulrazaq, made the commendation when he received a delegation of the state chapter of the students body who presented an award to him on Friday, for his commitments to public good, human capital and infrastructural development in the state.

Cc Myynd44

https://dailypost.ng/2021/06/12/june-12-kwara-residents-obey-govt-directive-shun-protests/

Re: June 12: Kwara Residents Obey Govt Directive, Shun Protests by Mrdecent(m): 12:50pm On Jun 12, 2021
People who are out today for the protest deserve a special gift from God.
They were aware that the govt could send police, DSS and the military to kill them and still they are out there protesting.
Personally, I respect them. They are the true Nigerians.
Re: June 12: Kwara Residents Obey Govt Directive, Shun Protests by kinzation(m): 12:53pm On Jun 12, 2021
Everybody has their own decision to make concerning the protest
Re: June 12: Kwara Residents Obey Govt Directive, Shun Protests by franktech(m): 12:53pm On Jun 12, 2021
You do not expect we Muslims answerable to the Sokoto caliphate to support such protest. We need to shin the protest in it's entirety.
We must not go the way of the Igbos that are trying to cause problems here are there
Re: June 12: Kwara Residents Obey Govt Directive, Shun Protests by adadike(f): 12:56pm On Jun 12, 2021
My sweet ilorin. I dey miss Ilorin o. Those old women that constantly do remind me that I was given my first bath with ilotin water are also missing me. Enyi iya, make una not worry, one day I go enter ilorin to see you all
Re: June 12: Kwara Residents Obey Govt Directive, Shun Protests by OnionBandit(f): 12:56pm On Jun 12, 2021
People with brainz..

Working brainz
Re: June 12: Kwara Residents Obey Govt Directive, Shun Protests by yanabasee1(m): 1:07pm On Jun 12, 2021
God will bless every one of us out here to fight for a better Nigeria.... Our efforts will never be in vane.....
Re: June 12: Kwara Residents Obey Govt Directive, Shun Protests by DDDEnterprises: 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2021
No wonder we no see anything for here
Re: June 12: Kwara Residents Obey Govt Directive, Shun Protests by lkillbrokehoes: 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2021
adadike:
My sweet ilorin. I dey miss Ilorin o. Those old women that constantly do remind me that I was given my first bath with ilotin water are also missing me. Enyi iya, make una not worry, one day I go enter ilorin to see you all
Who asked you? Abeg gettaout
Re: June 12: Kwara Residents Obey Govt Directive, Shun Protests by ogbuefi677(m): 1:22pm On Jun 12, 2021
Kwara is an Islamic caliphate naa
Re: June 12: Kwara Residents Obey Govt Directive, Shun Protests by Tinubuadvocate: 1:22pm On Jun 12, 2021
Very good.
Re: June 12: Kwara Residents Obey Govt Directive, Shun Protests by chatinent: 1:24pm On Jun 12, 2021
Observing intently...

(1) (Reply)

2023: Okorocha Wins Igbo Vote For Presidency~vox Pop Online Poll / ISIS Map Of Areas It Wants To Take Over Includes Nigeria - Evidence Attached. / Why Did George Kurubo An Ijaw Man Betray Biafra[video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.